Mass Effect 3 CE (PS3) in stock at Amazon

My Buy.com preorder (with free shipping) is still being processed. Would it be worth it to just buy CE off Amazon now and then flip my buy.com order later?

EDIT: NVM I just saw that the Amazon order will take 8-9 business days before it'll ship. In other words I wont even be able to play it during my upcoming Spring Break. I called Buy.com and they said that my CE should ship on 3/8 (today) so I'm gonna hope for that. I also gained a little insight on why some people's Mass Effect 3 CE orders were cancelled. Apparently they aren't all under the same product ID and certain product IDs were out of stock so they aren't being fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
My buy.com order, for a CE, was cancelled. They gave me 1000 Rakuten points and a $10 gift certificate. I got the e-mail at 8:20 PM Eastern and in it, it states that they were "unable to obtain anymore inventory for this item."

Canceled one of my BBY store pick ups and will be returning one back (so there will be an extra of 2 copies) for those that are looking for it in the Denver, CO area. Then if my friend that doesn't want a copy anymore, then there will be an extra copy in Gamestop too. For those that are wondering, all 3 were originally for my brother (he didn't have the money at the time). However, his Target had 2 copies shipped, so he decided to get it at Target with his 15% discount and left me with 3 (now 2 since 1 is cancelled) copies of ME3 collectors for the 360. I would sell it to a CAG, but unless you guys are willing to pay about $96 ($86 for what I paid + ~$10 shipping).

[quote name='ZeTeny'] I would sell it to a CAG, but unless you guys are willing to pay about $96 ($86 for what I paid + ~$10 shipping).[/QUOTE]

sending you a pm now

Has anyone played ME3 yet? Which version of the game is better, xbox or ps3?

On topic, Amazon has 121 of the PS3 ME3 CE as of this post.

[quote name='Unseen77']My order has been in "shipping soon" status for about 2 days now. Is this normal for Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Did you choose free shipping? The longest mine said shipping soon was for 5 days.

Ordered a PS3 one for friend who was having trouble finding one, it shipped and he was able to find one a day after >.< I hope something is wrong with the one they send me so I can return it =p Otherwise ill be hoping someone on Craigslist will take it at cost when it seems like there are so many around.

[quote name='Steelpen2']My buy.com order, for a CE, was cancelled. They gave me 1000 Rakuten points and a $10 gift certificate. I got the e-mail at 8:20 PM Eastern and in it, it states that they were "unable to obtain anymore inventory for this item."[/QUOTE]
I also got $10 credit. Along with a $5 off promo code and the credit, I bought the Sly Collection for $14.99 shipped. Not bad. (-:

[quote name='biggie2123']Has anyone played ME3 yet? Which version of the game is better, xbox or ps3?

On topic, Amazon has 121 of the PS3 ME3 CE as of this post.[/QUOTE]

Based on the demo, (ie see the word DEMO) the PS3 version's frame was a little clunky while the 360 version frame is either "normal" to a little too fast. Still seemed that the 360 version was more stable. Also if you have a Kinect you can issue voice commands. A small advantage but still kinda cool. Graphics wise they both compare fairly the same. I went with 360 since I have the other 2 games on that system already.

I wonder why PS3 versions are so abundant. I went to Frys and they had around 20 or so Ps3 CEs. I'm hoping that they clearance them out in a few months.

[quote name='astr0boy']I wonder why PS3 versions are so abundant. I went to Frys and they had around 20 or so Ps3 CEs. I'm hoping that they clearance them out in a few months.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing because the series was on the 360 first.

[quote name='dubleo']I heard that the steelbook has a sticker on it that can damage it when you take it off. Does the blow dryer trick help with taking off the sticker without damaging the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

I wonder how people are taking off the wrap around "tape" that is "sealing" it without damaging the case for the extras. I could see that tape was going to rip part of the spine artwork right off and left it on, then cut around it. Pretty horrible idea for sealing this...

[quote name='BrandonJF']I wonder how people are taking off the wrap around "tape" that is "sealing" it without damaging the case for the extras. I could see that tape was going to rip part of the spine artwork right off and left it on, then cut around it. Pretty horrible idea for sealing this...[/QUOTE]

Can someone offer tips to remove the seals without tearing/ damaging the extras?

[quote name='The Punisher']Can someone offer tips to remove the seals without tearing/ damaging the extras?[/QUOTE]

I just pulled my tape off very very slowly. Worked fine for me with no leftover damage. Of course this is YMMV lol.

[quote name='BrandonJF']I wonder how people are taking off the wrap around "tape" that is "sealing" it without damaging the case for the extras. I could see that tape was going to rip part of the spine artwork right off and left it on, then cut around it. Pretty horrible idea for sealing this...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']Can someone offer tips to remove the seals without tearing/ damaging the extras?[/QUOTE]

There is no surefire way to do this without some kind of damage... it's not the steel pack you should worry about, it's that extras box (the paper one).

The best way to do it is a hairdryer on low setting for 30 seconds or so... the warm air will loosen the adhesive and if you can lift off one corner (using your fingernail), you should be able to slowly peel it away.

The sticker peels off some of the paint on the fold of the extras box. I don't think it's avoidable since the paint is weakest on fold.

One warning, do not hold the hairdryer too closer or use a high setting. You can deform metal/plastics that way. If you're worried, keep the hairdryer about 1 ft away and if the sticker doesn't seem to be loosening up, just move it closer in 2-3 inch increments.

It does have to have two people, one doing the peeling and the other holding the hair dryer.

I got mine off with one the minor damage on the extras box that I described above.

[quote name='astr0boy']I wonder why PS3 versions are so abundant. I went to Frys and they had around 20 or so Ps3 CEs. I'm hoping that they clearance them out in a few months.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 got shafted again on a crap port like skyrim. Frame rate issues just like the demo, where frame rates constantly drop to 20FPS unlike the 360 where it mostly stays at 30FPS.

Just curious, why are most people buying the CE editions? The DLC?

I'm considering the CE for 360 but not sure if it's worth it.

[quote name='confoosious']so since I still haven't been able to open my CE cause of damage... is there any DLC in this thing that's exclusive to the CE?[/QUOTE]

google

[quote name='H3YN0W']google[/QUOTE]

Really? Never heard of it. Sometimes I like to get information straight from the horses mouth.

And this from a guy who is asking why everyone is buying the CE. Really?

[quote name='confoosious']Really? Never heard of it. Sometimes I like to get information straight from the horses mouth.

And this from a guy who is asking why everyone is buying the CE. Really?[/QUOTE]

• Premium metal case featuring male and female Commander Shepard
  • 70-page hardbound art book
  • Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics
  • Fabric N7 patch.
  • Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print of the SR-2 Alliance Normandy
  • Additional in-game content including
  • N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
  • Squad alternate appearance pack
  • Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy
  • Mass Effect 3 digital soundtrack.

So I preordered the PC CE from Amazon and received the Xbox CE...what a disappointing experience..

I paid 79.99 + $37 shipping since I'm not from the USA....so returning this is not going to be easy..

They even sent me the PC DLC code for that weapon.

[quote name='AceSam14']So I preordered the PC CE from Amazon and received the Xbox CE...what a disappointing experience..

I paid 79.99 + $37 shipping since I'm not from the USA....so returning this is not going to be easy..

They even sent me the PC DLC code for that weapon.[/QUOTE]

It sucks that you didn't get the version you bought.

One solution might be to just resell the 360 copy you got, and order a second PC copy. It's a bit of hassle for sure, but probably not really any more hassle than returning it internationally, and also more profitable (can probably sell the 360 copy for enough to cover the purchase of both).

instead of removing the sticker, i just use a craft knife and cut the sticker in half. since its clear its hardly noticeable and its alot better than trying to peel off the sticker and accidentally peeling the black ink on the box with it.

[quote name='Steelpen2']My buy.com order, for a CE, was cancelled. They gave me 1000 Rakuten points and a $10 gift certificate. I got the e-mail at 8:20 PM Eastern and in it, it states that they were "unable to obtain anymore inventory for this item."[/QUOTE]

Still has processing for me. If they are going to cancel mine, then I wish they would hurry up and effing do it so I can get the game some other way. My Spring Break starts tomorrow and I'm pissed I can't start playing ME3 already. How do you over-sell so many pre-orders anyway? So fucking embarrassing, fuck buy.com.

[quote name='adonfraz']
  • Premium metal case featuring male and female Commander Shepard
[/QUOTE]

"Premium" my ass....its not even a real steelbook. :roll:

[quote name='rieper']"Premium" my ass....its not even a real steelbook. :roll:[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say steelbook anyway. Just metal case, and it's premium over the crappy ass plastic case.

u could always just buy it now at gs or bb, and if they do ship yours, keep it sealed and return it w/ receipt from your original purchase of the one you opened/played. no big deal

[quote name='shortyman920']Still has processing for me. If they are going to cancel mine, then I wish they would hurry up and effing do it so I can get the game some other way. My Spring Break starts tomorrow and I'm pissed I can't start playing ME3 already. How do you over-sell so many pre-orders anyway? So fucking embarrassing, fuck buy.com.[/QUOTE]

^ That's what I'm going to do tomorrow but there's no guarantee I'll get one. Every gamestop within 20 miles of me say Low Stock. That's probably just a give-u-a-little-hope way of saying oos.. I'll call like 5 of them and see if they have it or not.

[quote name='confoosious']Really? Never heard of it. Sometimes I like to get information straight from the horses mouth.

And this from a guy who is asking why everyone is buying the CE. Really?[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause:

"And this from a guy who is asking why everyone is buying the CE."
LMAO, ya I used that crazy new google thing you've never heard of to figure it out for myself after realizing most opinions on here are worthless.

And great story bro, thx! Do you really like using the word "really"? Really?

In case you need the address, here it is...just get someone to type it in for you: www.butthurt.really

[quote name='H3YN0W']"And this from a guy who is asking why everyone is buying the CE."
LMAO, ya I used that crazy new google thing you've never heard of to figure it out for myself after realizing most opinions on here are worthless.

And great story bro, thx! Do you really like using the word "really"? Really?

In case you need the address, here it is...just get someone to type it in for you: www.butthurt.really[/QUOTE]

Cool story brah.

Do you guys think it'll really take 8-9 days for the PC version to get processed? I mean, its demand isn't as high as it is for the console versions.

Anyway, I really came in to tell whoever else had the rattling loose disc from BB that I emailed them and they are sending me a new copy. So they must have some in reserve for bad orders. (OT for an amazon thread I know but it was in one of these threads.)

[quote name='confoosious']Anyway, I really came in to tell whoever else had the rattling loose disc from BB that I emailed them and they are sending me a new copy. So they must have some in reserve for bad orders. (OT for an amazon thread I know but it was in one of these threads.)[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order in store or online?

bread's done
Back