Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Was able to squeeze in some fellow CAG games early today, which was pretty cool.

I suppose I just have to keep the faith that I will unlock something sweet via the packs here soon -- all I get are arsenal upgrades and Human-only unlocks (not really sure how Cerberus hacked my XBL account). I'd do unforgivable things to unlock the Drell Vanguard and something about a lvl 2 Katana.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Was able to squeeze in some fellow CAG games early today, which was pretty cool.

I suppose I just have to keep the faith that I will unlock something sweet via the packs here soon -- all I get are arsenal upgrades and Human-only unlocks (not really sure how Cerberus hacked my XBL account). I'd do unforgivable things to unlock the Drell Vanguard and something about a lvl 2 Katana.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't sweat it too much, I'd give you my Demo Drell Vanguard if I could. Is he so desireable because he's Drell or because he comes w/grenades? Or are the different races actually have racial stats that I'm unaware of?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Was able to squeeze in some fellow CAG games early today, which was pretty cool.

I suppose I just have to keep the faith that I will unlock something sweet via the packs here soon -- all I get are arsenal upgrades and Human-only unlocks (not really sure how Cerberus hacked my XBL account). I'd do unforgivable things to unlock the Drell Vanguard and something about a lvl 2 Katana.[/QUOTE]

I'd let Stone Cold stun me a million times over if I could get a Krogan.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Technically the Collector Rifle DLC can be applied five times because subsequent codes will upgrade the weapon up to +4. So you could buy five different products, or five copies of the artbook or whatever if you really wanted to have the fully upgraded Collector Rifle. Assuming that the rifle and its upgrades aren't unlockable in the main game.

But by their logic, ME3 has $infinity amount of DLC because there is no limit to how many Recruit Packs you can earn.

You also had to buy 120 bottles of Mountain Dew if you wanted all of Modern Warfare 3's DLC, since IIRC you could apply up to 120 hours of double XP codes to a single gamertag. Logic![/QUOTE]So much for that logic. Sheesh.

I so hope that upgrades are unlockable either in the main game or in MP gameplay, since this whole "DLC comes with all these items" strategy is really annoying.

Bad enough with the pre-order DLC that might or might not show up as purchased downloads later (ME2 GS DLC, I'm looking at you) that you have to at least do a preorder to get, regardless if you keep said preorder or not.

[quote name='100xp']I wouldn't sweat it too much, I'd give you my Demo Drell Vanguard if I could. Is he so desireable because he's Drell or because he comes w/grenades? Or are the different races actually have racial stats that I'm unaware of?[/QUOTE]
Definitely "because it's a Drell" :cool:

[quote name='GhostShark']I'd let Stone Cold stun me a million times over if I could get a Krogan.[/QUOTE]

Word. I played with a krogan one round and was so jealous.

On another note, I think Bioware should add Elcors to MP. Slow as molasses but dedicated heavy weapons, twin shoulder mounted with mixtures possible.

I unlocked a krogan Soldier in my initial Recruit Pack. What abilities do they have?

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in terms of multiplayer when the game comes out. I'll want to play some but I can't see tearing myself away from the campaign to do it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Definitely "because it's a Drell" :cool:[/QUOTE]

of course...what was I thinking.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I unlocked a krogan Soldier in my initial Recruit Pack. What abilities do they have?

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do in terms of multiplayer when the game comes out. I'll want to play some but I can't see tearing myself away from the campaign to do it.[/QUOTE]

the krogan gets incendiary grenades, some physical surge ability, and something else. I just recall he doesn't get A_Boost.

you figure if ME3 offers 3 different ways to play the campaign, you could go hvy RPG and forgo most of the combat...then switch to MP to get your combat fix.

[quote name='100xp']you're not falling behind.

afaik your progress in the demo doesn't carry over to the release, outside of getting a few packs for buying the game and having friends who linked their accounts buy the game...but if your progress does carry over, I need to play more and please point out what if anything does from the demo.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's not what I meant. When we played the other night that was really my "getting a feel for it" initial play. Just in this thread it sounds like people are really starting to get into customization, playing with power sets and abilities, etc. I know I'll need a few more runs on bronze just dicking around with learning how to really do everything.

I don't expect any of this will transfer except for the minor recruit packs when the game comes out. But still, it's a cool little thing that I'm excited about.

My kingdom for a Krogan.

word.

I wanted the turian soldier or salarian anything, my initial pack was a turian sentinal...i was so disappoint.

The quarian voices in MP are great.

Hahaha Krogan's are great. My friends ran through bronze with three low level Krogan soldiers just melee charging everything in sight. Basically melee'd all the Atlas' to death too. Poor thing was so confused being knocked back from three directions.

Definitely just went full baller status in a couple of rounds with Ink.So.Well and completed the Noveria level with him like it was nothing. I really wish I had recorded that round of badassery.

I finally unlocked the Scimitar lvl 3 upgrade and it just completely sent me over the top with the Vanguard. I also hit lvl 20, as well, so I've definitely found my comfort zone with the class. It's a shame you can't respec, though, because I screwed myself over by unlocking Nova (which absolutely sucks in MP).

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Definitely just went full baller status in a couple of rounds with Ink.So.Well and completed the Noveria level with him like it was nothing. I really wish I had recorded that round of badassery.

I finally unlocked the Scimitar lvl 3 upgrade and it just completely sent me over the top with the Vanguard. I also hit lvl 20, as well, so I've definitely found my comfort zone with the class. It's a shame you can't respec, though, because I screwed myself over by unlocking Nova (which absolutely sucks in MP).[/QUOTE]

Nova might just be more situational...I thought long range rockets on the drone would be the money but I took the flamethrower. While it lacks ranges the simple fact that it spews flames that are very very eye catching is a great indicator of where trouble is. plus, it burniates quite well.

maybe MP will have the option to respec for X credits or reset your character.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Definitely just went full baller status in a couple of rounds with Ink.So.Well and completed the Noveria level with him like it was nothing. I really wish I had recorded that round of badassery.

I finally unlocked the Scimitar lvl 3 upgrade and it just completely sent me over the top with the Vanguard. I also hit lvl 20, as well, so I've definitely found my comfort zone with the class. It's a shame you can't respec, though, because I screwed myself over by unlocking Nova (which absolutely sucks in MP).[/QUOTE]

At least we'll probably be able to respec through the promote option in the full game :D

Has anyone heard about how many maps there will be? So excited to do gold on all of them.

[quote name='Anexanhume']
Protheans are... Jamaican?
[/QUOTE]
Some people say you know they can't believe... Jamaica we have a galaxy defense team!

[quote name='gotdott']At least we'll probably be able to respec through the promote option in the full game :D

Has anyone heard about how many maps there will be? So excited to do gold on all of them.[/QUOTE]

...and the demo only lets your fight against cerberus. I look fwd to putting the hurt on the collectors and reapers.

[quote name='ryuukishi']
some people say you know they can't believe... Jamaica we have a galaxy defense team!
[/quote]

i see pride! I see power! I see a bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody!

[quote name='Anexanhume']
i see pride! I see power! I see a bad ass mother who don't take no crap from nobody!
[/QUOTE]
How about I draw a line down the middle of your head so it looks like a butt?

By the way, unspoiled masses, this is an in-depth, extremely insightful conversation about the intricacies of Mass Effect lore. We are totally not just trading movie quotes.

Got my first recruitment pack on the Facebook site for someone completing the demo. Doesn't kick in until the full game on 3/6, but it will be nice to have some little starters. It won't even the playing field, since X has tallied what I'm sure is an absurd amount of time already, but at least I won't feel without merit. You can get up to five of them for having a recruit complete the demo.

Who else is on the casual CAG team? This stupid job is taking up my free time. Glad I cleaned my house and did my grocery shopping already. Getting my game time tonight, maybe a little on Sunday if the hangover from Saturday night isn't too bad. Flogging Molly is in town and it's going to be a whiskey night!

Would it be a good idea to have separate single player and multiplayer threads once ME3 comes out? So those looking for people to play with and loudouts and stuff don't mix with story & spoilers?

OMG the multiplayer is reallllllly good (well depends on teamwork though). I'm having a blast, we need to play and get a group together def.

I used the shotgun my first time round but you're just too much in the open so I think I'm going to be favoring the assault rifle from now until I get a weapon that changes my mind.

Just had fun with ink and kefka. Having good teammates makes a huge difference now that I've seen a team work together. Should be back on later tonight.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Looking for players now if anyone wants to join.[/QUOTE]

Ill be on in a couple of minutes if you still need someone

gt is gotdott

[quote name='pete5883']Would it be a good idea to have separate single player and multiplayer threads once ME3 comes out? So those looking for people to play with and loudouts and stuff don't mix with story & spoilers?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's really necessary. 6 degrees of separation in CAG, ppl should be in enough circles to party up with ME3 MP...and once they play with others, you guys will probably look to party up again and again.

ppl in this thread tend to be cool enough to put spoilers tags on as well.

I must admit, the Lighting customization is badass. My human soldier looks straight out of appleseed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']has there been any word if there will be other modes/more to the multiplayer than what's included in the demo?[/QUOTE]

if you look at the demo choices some of them are locked. so far it seems it'll be as what we've played so far. Horde mode w/objectives vs. cerberus...but you know there will be Reaper enemies, collectors, maybe Geth, probably Batarians, etc etc...and maybe even random mixed, who knows. Plus there's a bunch of locations we haven't been able to access beyond the rim. (but I guess that's just variety of locations and enemies)

I think EA hinted somewhere that MP will have events as well as DLC. So I'm hopeful MP will have dynamic on their end to update and keep it interesting...regardless, if you're a fan of the MP you know you're going to have easily a hundred + hours playing to unlock all those class and wpn ugprades. Cause you don't get credits unless you beat those objectives.

Oh my god man, according to Raptr I just played 5 hours of the ME3 demo!

Ok here's the thing, I've always never wanted multiplayer in Mass Effect. It doesn't need it because the single player experience and story is so good that you'll play the games multiple times thus lengthening the time of your game shelf life. However this horde mode with objectives gameplay is brilliant. Not only is this just a demo but there's tons to still unlock! I'm blown away with Bioware.

Played a few games with RBA Starblade and it was just insane. He pretty much maxed out charge and didn't carry a lot of weapons so he had an incredibly short cool down. At one point he was boxing Atlas mechs haha. We, had a full team btw, succeeded in a silver challenge and attempted the gold. Oh man Gold is rough, really rough.

I've already got three characters, 1)a Human male Adept specializing with Warp, 2)a Salarian male Infiltrator specializing with Energy Drain, and 3)a human male Soldier who only carries an assault rifle so he can continually concussive shot enemies.

There's a lot of depth behind this, and tactics for that matter, but there's also plenty of room for people to just run and gun with buddies.

Call me a fan of Mass Effect multiplayer, and I never thought I'd say that, and I've only played the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Here's some somewhat improved Vanguard play (not up-to-date as of earlier today when I unlocked the MUCH better Scimitar)[/QUOTE]

Of course it's improved, Ghost and I are in there. :cool:

Also, you should have named this one "Getting Greedy, Poor Decisions, and Bad Charges: The Story of X."

[quote name='Arikado']Of course it's improved, Ghost and I are in there. :cool:

Also, you should have named this one "Getting Greedy, Poor Decisions, and Bad Charges: The Story of X."[/QUOTE]
You forgot "feat. Random Giggles from Arikado" in the subtitle.

Just being greedy while I can, son. Silver and Gold don't let me screw around as much :cool:

Oh man after yesterday I must say that the Krogan Soldier and Asari Adept are definitely top tier and must haves for any Gold run. You kind of need an Infiltrator too as towards the end you get so overwhelmed that it's very much based on luck, especially when it comes to the objective rounds.

Regarding the objective rounds I think that your best bet (if you are lucky) is if you get the hack/upload and disable/enable objectives for waves 3 and 6 and kill the vip for wave 10. Phantoms appear in waves 4 and 6 and People's Republic of Atlas makes its appearance in wave 5. They don't come in the same wave until 7 on, in increasing amounts. This means that it is literally insane to try to run around capturing objectives during wave 10, especially considering the presence of Nemesis and Engineer turrets around every corner. Funneling everyone through hallways seems to be the most logical efficient way to survive and since the vip on Gold can be anyone, including Phantoms and multiple Atlases, they will likely be making their way to you anyway.

I found a bunch of really cool people to play with and we ended up doing 5-6 Gold runs together and though we only managed to survive the horror once we've been pretty solid, usually lasting until the final two waves. We kind of figured out a neat strategy by the second game so I wanted to share it with you guys if you felt like going for the Gold lol. I don't have access to my roommate's capture card this weekend so I apologize if this crude recording hurts your eyes :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQwtDAewmM&feature=youtu.be

This was our second game and we ended up trapped between two Atlases not wanting to use our missles (save at least two for wave 10!) and an unlucky grenade got three of us at the same time, messing up our defense, wasting med gels and eventually giving a Phantom the opportunity to sneak up on us and terminate us systematically.

I'm sick to death of seeing N7 50 or lower players with fully modded Lvl. 3 - 4 Mattocks and that spiked Krogan shotgun like they were giving them out for free at the local flea market. I just backed out of a lobby where a Level 12 Engineer had a frickin' Lvl. 1 Revenant for christ sake.

That's it. I'm hording all my credits and playing as a Vanguard until I get some cool shit too. This sucks and I'm starting to wonder if those BF3 codes increased the odds in Veteran Pack. [/HATER STEADY HATIN]

I like the demo but I will probably wait to play the game. I was a huge fan of mass effect 2 but think I played it way too much and this seems like more of it. Plus I already have too much other stuff to play right now.

Finally got a new character lastnight, after so many Veteran packs. A Drell Vanguard. Not bad (considering I only played Sentinel and Infiltrator up until then), but his melee moves are too flashy and ridiculous that it's kind of hard to hit enemies more than once or so. I like his cartwheels for dodging though.

ME2 Issue Maybe Spoilers for some.

So I beat ME2 right after it released and planned on using that as my canon version of the game. I lost Thane in the suicide run (so disappointed) and I got it on with Miranda. Well over time I collected all the DLC from sales and finally decided to check it out with my pre-omega 4 save. For the most part there was nothing crazy except that the Lair of the Shadow broker gives the chance to romance Liar again (I did the first game). So now I have no idea what to do. Do I finish this play through and use to full DLC decisions or do I start with my original game? Does the Liara romance conflict with my Miranda romance if I try to do it again? Really not a huge issue but I am a bit upset that the DLC can cause such a conflict with a game save.

[quote name='cancerman1120']ME2 Issue Maybe Spoilers for some.

So I beat ME2 right after it released and planned on using that as my canon version of the game. I lost Thane in the suicide run (so disappointed) and I got it on with Miranda. Well over time I collected all the DLC from sales and finally decided to check it out with my pre-omega 4 save. For the most part there was nothing crazy except that the Lair of the Shadow broker gives the chance to romance Liar again (I did the first game). So now I have no idea what to do. Do I finish this play through and use to full DLC decisions or do I start with my original game? Does the Liara romance conflict with my Miranda romance if I try to do it again? Really not a huge issue but I am a bit upset that the DLC can cause such a conflict with a game save.
[/QUOTE]

Well if you're that concerned about your romance options in Mass Effect 3 I'd suggest having multiple profiles. That's what I did, mainly trying to get as many variations as possible, romance, par/ren, who lives and so forth. More than likely Liara will ask you if you're into her or not, Miranda not so much.

Ok, so I just broke 75 kills as a Salarian Infiltrator with just one other person in the game. Yeah you don't need 4 people for Bronze Challenges but it's highly recommended haha. I don't use cloak as much I would normally use it, mostly relying on energy drain and proximity mines but most of those kills were sniper shots.:bouncy: Could you imagine getting the ability to use the Widowmaker.:drool:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Well if you're that concerned about your romance options in Mass Effect 3 I'd suggest having multiple profiles. That's what I did, mainly trying to get as many variations as possible, romance, par/ren, who lives and so forth. More than likely Liara will ask you if you're into her or not, Miranda not so much.

Ok, so I just broke 75 kills as a Salarian Infiltrator with just one other person in the game. Yeah you don't need 4 people for Bronze Challenges but it's highly recommended haha. I don't use cloak as much I would normally use it, mostly relying on energy drain and proximity mines but most of those kills were sniper shots.:bouncy: Could you imagine getting the ability to use the Widowmaker.:drool:[/QUOTE]

The widow is in the game and it's great lol. You don't even really have to aim for the slit in the shields of the Guardians to take them out.

I've only been using the heavy pistols though because I feel like the smgs and assault rifles are kind of underwhelming.

bread's done
Back