Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Mobile:

Found the artist, http://huggybear742.deviantart.com/art/A-Woman-s-Touch-428934730

http://huggybear742.deviantart.com/art/Favorite-Store-on-the-Citadel-428311187

http://huggybear742.deviantart.com/art/Childproof-429710318

PC:

a_woman_s_touch_by_huggybear742-d73dk5m.jpg

favorite_store_on_the_citadel_by_huggybear742-d73070z.jpg

childproof_by_huggybear742-d73u6lq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof, that is a very unexciting new ME product.  I don't know of anyone who was clamoring for a piece of Kaiden art. 

It comes across very....

hey-girl-i-miss-you-too.jpg

I really want a new Miranda lithograph. I never had a chance to get the original one, and now that one sells for $300 so I doubt i'm going to pay that price.

Supposedly ME1 was shown during the presentation that discussed BC, so I think if ME1 was shown, ME1-3 will be Parr of it.

Since I'm in the preview program, I should be getting it sooner, so will report back.
Yep, I'm in the preview too so I'm waiting to see the update roll out.

Damn it, I gave in and watched the announce trailer. 

It made me tingle in all the right ways, so I think we're looking promising for a new ME series.

Announce trailer on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Interesting details from the Bioware blog:

When we wrapped up the original Mass Effect trilogy with Mass Effect 3: Citadel in early 2013, planning and design on Mass Effect: Andromeda was already well underway. We knew we wanted to start with a foundation composed of the best parts of any Mass Effect game: exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action. At the same time, we clearly wanted to expand the definition of what you should expect from a Mass Effect game.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

With the above in mind:

* How long after the ME1-3 events does ME: A take place?

* We saw a certain logo
N7
on the main character in the trailer.  Does that mean things were back the way they were after the end of ME3?

* Is there a "canon" ending from ME3 that is the base of the history in ME: A?

Are the towers that grew up in the trailer Prothean in origin?  Sure looked that way to me.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12747048" timestamp="1434413994"]If there's one thing to be sad about, it's that today pretty much killed any hope of a trilogy remaster. Today was the day to announce it.[/quote]
I still think it's in the works, since we have an idea of when ME: A is coming out. Holiday 2015 or 1Q 2016.

I started up Mass Effect on the Xbox One, just to see how it all works and, wow, it's pretty seamless.  Only a few games are available now, but ME1 is there and that is all that matters.  I will need to transfer my saves to the cloud, though.

I am very thankful for this, and it's a huge positive for all things Xbox, but I agree with Avenged that this makes me feel like a Remaster/Rerelease is unlikely for a while.  While I am thankful for having this game on my newest system, I would have loved to hunt for more Mass Effect achievements with a rerelease. 

I started up Mass Effect on the Xbox One, just to see how it all works and, wow, it's pretty seamless. Only a few games are available now, but ME1 is there and that is all that matters. I will need to transfer my saves to the cloud, though.

I am very thankful for this, and it's a huge positive for all things Xbox, but I agree with Avenged that this makes me feel like a Remaster/Rerelease is unlikely for a while. While I am thankful for having this game on my newest system, I would have loved to hunt for more Mass Effect achievements with a rerelease.
it would have been nice to have for this year's N7 day

I started up Mass Effect on the Xbox One, just to see how it all works and, wow, it's pretty seamless. Only a few games are available now, but ME1 is there and that is all that matters. I will need to transfer my saves to the cloud, though.

I am very thankful for this, and it's a huge positive for all things Xbox, but I agree with Avenged that this makes me feel like a Remaster/Rerelease is unlikely for a while. While I am thankful for having this game on my newest system, I would have loved to hunt for more Mass Effect achievements with a rerelease.
How's the texture in ME on Xbox One? Does still take some time to load?

Yep, it was pretty obvious when you look back and consider.  EA doesn't do remakes.  I guess I should respect that because it makes business and creative sense.  Focus on moving forward, not backward.  Can't argue with that.  It's not like we can't play ME1 through 3 already.  And now, on current platforms. 

Time to be depressed:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/revealed-how-xbox-one-can-play-360-games-via-backw/1100-6428366/

Specifically:

Finally, the subject of multi-disc games was also addressed. According to Spencer, it's an issue engineers are looking into.

"We're still working on multi-disc," he said. "Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are some of my favourites from the 360. There's actually work in packing a multi-disc into single that requires us to go back and look at the original package on the multiple discs and reconfigure that."
The issue with multi-disc games also includes ME2 and ME3. :wall: Plus a CRAPLOAD more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_console_games_spanning_multiple_discs#Xbox_360

bread's done
Back