Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Looks like no announcement today... I'd be willing to bet it comes before the end of the year though.

Cross-gen title like Dragon Age, or next gen only?

I also have no right to be so excited by teases with so few details...but I am.  We knew they were working on something, but it so great to see the team at work.  In the past they have said that things are farther along than fans might think, so I don't believe that an announcement before the end of the year would be out of the question.

Can't wait.

Happy N7 Day friends!  I'm with the group, those ME*Next* teases got me way more excited than they should and that voice actor trailer got me.  Such a great, great series.  I have to admit not playing as much as I used to, I kind of forgot how important it is to me.  Seriously THE premiere sci-fi franchise right now. 

And for those interested, that special edition ME Trilogy giclee is only available through today, so get it now if you're interested!

Mass-Effect-Celebrates-N7-Day-on-November-7-2.png

Argh. I was going to hold out against the next gen as long as possible, but if Uncharted 4 and Mass Effect 4 both get announced at the VGAs, I am done. DONE.

If it's early 2014, it's likely to be a rush job like Dragon Age 2 was.

If it's late 2014, then they should have some time to polish it up correctly and make it a good title. Hopefully.

Either way, it should be PS3/PS4/360/XB1 if it launches in the late 2014 timeframe, though since it's a new story arc that doesn't tie to the previous trilogy, then it could be PS3/PS4/360/XB1 regardless. Wii U as well, though not sure why at this point.

So a few of us played a little N7 multiplayer celebration yesterday. Even after I said it doesn't matter what I unlock now because I haven't touched ME3's multiplayer in months I unlocked the Volus Engineer. Haha his wittle roll is adorable.

Dev Retrospective, - did Mass Effect 2's exceptional varying ending shape the compared less varying Mass Effect 3 ending perhaps? - : http://blog.bioware.com/2013/11/07/the-effect-on-us/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was a good time getting the old crew back together. It amazes me how ME3 MP stays so fun after all this time. I was hoping to unlock the N7 banner last night too, I have one promotion to go and my adepts are at level 18. But I had to get to bed! It was already a "bad decision Thursday" lol!

Dev Retrospective, - did Mass Effect 2's exceptional varying ending shape the compared less varying Mass Effect 3 ending perhaps? - : http://blog.bioware.com/2013/11/07/the-effect-on-us/
Good read.

“I was watching a playthrough of a super-renegade player doing Tali’s loyalty mission. He was about to finish the trial, and after all his renegade decisions, I really didn’t want to watch him break Tali’s heart. Then he pauses the playthrough, goes to the chat box, and says, ‘I don’t know what to do, guys. I don’t wanna hurt Tali.’
There's this series in a nutshell, right there.

Good read.

There's this series in a nutshell, right there.
I'd have to agree with that blog post being a good read. Another case where their imagination of how it would all go down eclipsed making it happen.

I think also when I did my renegade playthrough on ME2, I couldn't do the same thing to Tali, since I knew her loyalty would help later in ME3 with the Quarians and the geth.

Well, it's official. I am again addicted to ME3 multiplayer. I loaded it up last week for fun and haven't played any other game since. And once more the backlog grows.

Just as a head's up, the Mass Effect version of Risk is on-sale as a Lightning Deal today on Amazon at 8:30PM ET / 7:30PM CT / 6:30PM MT / 5:30PM PT.

Currently is at $34.99 before the Lightning Deal.

Thanks for the heads up Shrike.  It went down to $29 and is on the waitlist.  I don't know.  Risk doesn't interest me much.  If this were monopoly or battleship or something I'd be all over it.

Thanks for the heads up Shrike. It went down to $29 and is on the waitlist. I don't know. Risk doesn't interest me much. If this were monopoly or battleship or something I'd be all over it.
If it was $29, then I don't feel so bad for missing it. $6 off the regular price wasn't that hot of a deal.

Makes me wonder if ME4 will be X1/PS4 only or X1/X360/PS4/PS3.

If it was $29, then I don't feel so bad for missing it. $6 off the regular price wasn't that hot of a deal.

Makes me wonder if ME4 will be X1/PS4 only or X1/X360/PS4/PS3.
Didn't see your post. It'll def be a last gen/next-gen game being under the EA, business model to hit as many customers as possible, umbrella and all.

I got the itch again, yeah lol running solo and with randoms in ME3 again. Hit me up if I'm online, I'm working on a few challenges.

Got back into mulitplayer. I switched disks to Halo 4 and noticed my Mass Effect 3's disc has a small crack on the inter circle space. NOooooooooo

Damn CE, even filled down the green DVD case rigid pegs.

Oh no!  That sucks!  I've been eyeing up the ME Trilogy pack for that very reason.  When it comes to this series, having a back-up is a good idea.  For practical purposes like discs' cracking but also from a collectors perspective.  But a very reasonable voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that I'll be buying next-gen digital remasters in a couple years anyway, so why bother owning two (or in ME1's case, three) copies of a game?

Oh no! That sucks! I've been eyeing up the ME Trilogy pack for that very reason. When it comes to this series, having a back-up is a good idea. For practical purposes like discs' cracking but also from a collectors perspective. But a very reasonable voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that I'll be buying next-gen digital remasters in a couple years anyway, so why bother owning two (or in ME1's case, three) copies of a game?
Good idea. I might have to look into that as a "backup" since my ME1, ME2 and ME3 copies are all the CEs.

One to play, one to put away? :D

The best deal I've found on the ME Trilogy pack is at Best Buy with the gamer club thing.  My membership transferred over from the previous model they had, meaning, no way in hell am I paying $120 for the privilege of their f'ed up system......anyway.....its base price is $39.99 and with the GCU thing it knocks it down to $31.99.  That's the cheapest I've seen it, but I'm waiting for it to drop a little more or to slip it in with another purchase.  :whistle2:$

The best deal I've found on the ME Trilogy pack is at Best Buy with the gamer club thing. My membership transferred over from the previous model they had, meaning, no way in hell am I paying $120 for the privilege of their f'ed up system......anyway.....its base price is $39.99 and with the GCU thing it knocks it down to $31.99. That's the cheapest I've seen it, but I'm waiting for it to drop a little more or to slip it in with another purchase. :whistle2:$
I think if you renew they still give out the welcome back packages, which include a Buy 2 get 1 free coupon. So you could find two other games worth picking up and save even more.

The best deal I've found on the ME Trilogy pack is at Best Buy with the gamer club thing. My membership transferred over from the previous model they had, meaning, no way in hell am I paying $120 for the privilege of their f'ed up system......anyway.....its base price is $39.99 and with the GCU thing it knocks it down to $31.99. That's the cheapest I've seen it, but I'm waiting for it to drop a little more or to slip it in with another purchase. :whistle2:$
Dude they had the Mass Effect Trilogy available for $10 BF but yeah why am I gonna pick that up with 3 CEs already! :wall:

These funko pop ME figures are pretty sweet. Now I need my wingman, Garrus. I wish they made Liara or Wrex, but they don't so I guess I'll get Grunt. Because it's a freaking little chubby Krogan!

29ymq8i.jpg

These funko pop ME figures are pretty sweet. Now I need my wingman, Garrus. I wish they made Liara or Wrex, but they don't so I guess I'll get Grunt. Because it's a freaking little chubby Krogan!

29ymq8i.jpg
Yeah, my girlfriend bought me the Shepard and Garrus ones for Christmas. They should get here early next week. Pumped for them to go in the man cave!

I have a few Marvel and Star Wars ones too. They are pretty cool. I might order another Garrus though since his figures hold value....I shudder everytime I look up the play arts figure costs on Amazon :(

Lol ChubbyNinja, you and Mass Effect merchandise.

On a semi-related note, dude names his daughter after Mass Effect and considering how many dumbasses named their kids after Twilight I'm ok with this.

A Father Says His Baby Daughter Was Named For aMass Effect Character

"Tomorrow my daughter is scheduled to be born," wrote a soon-to-be-dad named Adam last night. "Since day 1 her first name was always going to be Tali'Zorah. ... My wife fell in love with the name during our first playthrough of [Mass Effect] many years ago."

"Confused friends and relatives are told 'we wanted a nice Quarian name,'" Adam added, "just because it's funny to see the confusion become worse."

source: http://kotaku.com/a-father-says-his-baby-daughter-was-named-for-a-mass-ef-1494688590

Show less

Tali'Zorah, really? Why not Natalie, or Talia, and then they could have called her Tali for short but given her the option of having a normal name too, if that's what she wanted someday. Just my $0.02.

Tali'Zorah, really? Why not Natalie, or Talia, and then they could have called her Tali for short but given her the option of having a normal name too, if that's what she wanted someday. Just my $0.02.
I would imagine she'll just go by Tali. That's actually not a terrible name for a girl. I know a Tally.

Yeah, Tali isnt too bad.  I wouldnt personally name any of my future kids after Mass Effect characters but I think its cool that both parents were on board.  God knows my girlfriend would never go for it :D

I managed to get one of my own children named after Faye Valentine from Bebop (partially anyway ;)), but I don't think "Liara T'Soni" would have flown.

I managed to get one of my own children named after Faye Valentine from Bebop (partially anyway ;)), but I don't think "Liara T'Soni" would have flown.
Read down in the article. There's mention of people tweeting about kids named Liara, Garrus, Raiden and Cortana:

Update: Since this story published I've been notified by email and Twitter of babies named Liara, Garrus and, from other continuities, Cortana and Raiden. So Adam and his wife are definitely not alone here.

A couple weeks back we were chatting about the ME3 Trilogy pack.  It's on clearance at BB right now for $31.99.  With GCU, it's down to $25 and change.  $27 shipped.  That's the cheapest I've seen it as apparently I missed the black friday deal.  Ordered.  Galactic Readiness +300.

Although I don't have GCU, I do have a $5 RZ cert expiring at the end of the month. Not a bad price.

Also, I ordered a like new ME2 CE off Amazon Warehouse Deals for $20.xx a couple weeks back and it arrived in mint condition! The collector armor code had sadly been used but otherwise it was a great deal, especially getting the bonus disc. I now own all 3 CE's thanks to picking up an ME1 CE last fall for $50 as well.

$50 for the ME1 CE in good condition is a steal!  I happily paid $100 for my copy a couple years ago.  Nice job completing that collection of CE's. 

The one piece of ME DLC that I don't have but want is that Collector armor from ME2.  I stupidly sold it on ebay for $45.  Sure, I got a good price for it, but still.  That was dumb of me.

The one piece of ME DLC that I don't have but want is that Collector armor from ME2. I stupidly sold it on ebay for $45. Sure, I got a good price for it, but still. That was dumb of me.
If you can find a new copy of the ME2 CE for PC (it's easier to find than a sealed 360 copy anyway!), the code in there will unlock the DLC for the 360 version as well.

Yeah, I was aware that the PC DLC will work on 360, but I'm too cheap, I guess, to hunt even that down.  Honestly, I don't like the look of the armor and I was able to get through on Insanity without it, so I figure I'm good now.  It's really too bad the trilogy pack didn't pack in more DLC for these games. Like a true definitive edition. 

If you can find a new copy of the ME2 CE for PC (it's easier to find than a sealed 360 copy anyway!), the code in there will unlock the DLC for the 360 version as well.
This doesn't work for ME3 does it? If I bought the collectors edition on PC could I use the DLC on my 360? I swore I would never get another collector's edition after Dead Space 2, and to this day the only one I regret is ME3. I should have known. I mean come on, it's Mass Effect! You can still find 360 CEs but the CAG in me just won't allow it. ME3 is the only one I don't have on both PC and 360.

bread's done
Back