Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I really need to beat this damn game. I'm about 20 hours in as I just
got to the point that you help the Quarians
. After that about how much more do I have left of the game? I'm getting sick of all the damn side quests so I think I'm done with most of them.

[quote name='sendme']I really need to beat this damn game. I'm about 20 hours in as I just
got to the point that you help the Quarians
. After that about how much more do I have left of the game? I'm getting sick of all the damn side quests so I think I'm done with most of them.[/QUOTE]

You're just about at the "can't go back and do side quests" point...so pretty close to the end.

Say, this isn't game related, per se, but for those of you who have the CE, how did you open it? I'm worried about the seals wrecking the outer box. Did you just cut down the side and leave it on, or what? Looking for the best way possible to leave it in the best condition possible. Thanks!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Say, this isn't game related, per se, but for those of you who have the CE, how did you open it? I'm worried about the seals wrecking the outer box. Did you just cut down the side and leave it on, or what? Looking for the best way possible to leave it in the best condition possible. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I peeled the seal off, the outer box was fine but it did take a little bit of ink off of the cardboard box that holds the artbook and patch.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I peeled the seal off, the outer box was fine but it did take a little bit of ink off of the cardboard box that holds the artbook and patch.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Ended up just going for it, and did the same. Only little marks on the artbook package, so not as bad as what I had feared. Now to play!!!!!

I'm usually a paragon,
but the quarians have pushes me to full renegade them. Arrogant and selfish pieces if crap. I was hoping it'd let me punch that admiral. Hello, the whole galaxy is at stake! A truce to fight the reapers would have been a huge boon, but Noooo, they need to get a planet that will cost them their ability to fight w bigger threat. The most emotion evoking part of the game for me, they can't stop making the same mistakes. At least in my game, legion said the geth believed the threat and were ready to fully fight the reapers. They only joined them becuase the quarians started the war and the tether feared.extinction, basically trying to go the path of moat likely survival. That tells.me they would have.been willing to negoiate with organics, if not bent on their extinction.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gotdott']glad you enjoyed the sisterhood of the raining phantoms. n0w you can scoff at anyone who talks about handling it on silver heh

we'll get you through through the other maps once i stock up some more medigels for reapers.[/QUOTE]

some how I don't want the forecast to be scattered banshee showers w/a chance of brute ever...although the human adept I played seemed to perform better than the overloader.

I'm up to +4 med packs...I could use another rocket cap.

Just hopped into the multiplayer for the first time last night, and leveled up to 14 in just two or three hours. It was actually a ton of fun. Anybody have any tips on getting a better assault rifle? Should I buy the lower level packs, or save for the Spectre pack?

If any CAGs want to play, feel free to invite me, Dark Trooper 87

BTW: a big Shaq-Fu to those level 15s that kicked me because I was a level 1.

Dumb question that I can't figure out the answer to:

I had the N7 mission show up for the Cerberus lab, and that's done. I also had the mission for the Prothean obelisk in the Shrike Abyssal, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the map. I've only gone through leaving Earth, going through Mars and hitting the Citadel for the first time, plus the trip to the Cerberus lab.

Any clues?

^Not exactly sure but here's a small tip for you guys.

If you've completed a side quest and you want to hand it in, you can open the map and anyone with a blue name is someone you should talk to. You can press LB and RB to go through each level of the Citadel to see which floors you should visit.

[quote name='shrike4242']Dumb question that I can't figure out the answer to:

I had the N7 mission show up for the Cerberus lab, and that's done. I also had the mission for the Prothean obelisk in the Shrike Abyssal, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the map. I've only gone through leaving Earth, going through Mars and hitting the Citadel for the first time, plus the trip to the Cerberus lab.

Any clues?
[/QUOTE]
More clusters open up as you progress through the game. I'm pretty sure that that quest is one that you can't complete immediately. Just do a plot mission or two until you see your namesake pop up on the map.

[quote name='shrike4242']Dumb question that I can't figure out the answer to:

Any clues?
[/QUOTE]

yeah that doesn't open up till further in the main story. I remember looking around for that for a while too lol

[quote name='Ryuukishi']More clusters open up as you progress through the game. I'm pretty sure that that quest is one that you can't complete immediately. Just do a plot mission or two until you see your namesake pop up on the map.[/QUOTE]That's what I suspected when I didn't see it on the map after I did the other mission, so that makes sense. I have the one on
Palaven
to do next, so that should keep me busy for a while. Either that or do some planet-checking for more items while dodging Reapers.

[quote name='GamerDude316']yeah that doesn't open up till further in the main story. I remember looking around for that for a while too lol[/QUOTE]I was surprised that it came up when it did and didn't show up on the map.

Not really as your N7 ranking isn't just based on clearing maps, but your overall performance (the medals your earn) as well. You can also boost it by 10 deploying maxed out characters to the single player. So you can spend a good 10 - 20 minutes with shitty players failing maps and still rank up fast by simply putting in work. I know it's how I ranked up.

[quote name='6er']Tho guys at over level 120 in mp must have red bull in their blood. I don't find it that engrossing[/QUOTE]

I've played like 3-4 hours a day since release and I'm at 178 so it's not really as bad as you make it seem. The top ranked guy has over 800 however...

[quote name='shrike4242']That's what I suspected when I didn't see it on the map after I did the other mission, so that makes sense. I have the one on
Palaven
to do next, so that should keep me busy for a while. Either that or do some planet-checking for more items while dodging Reapers.[/QUOTE]
Palaven (really Menae)
is the last "intro" mission. After that you have mostly free reign over which characters you want to use for missions, and access to all areas of the Citadel.

Finished the game last night, man I'm so tired today as I stayed up till 1AM to finish last mission (felt very motivated and inspired throughout the process/like having the same experience in a COD campaign) lol, and after listening to the soundtrack at work multiple times when I heard it kick in during the game I just got a huge wash of emotions. Maybe also due to the invested state I have with my Shepard from ME1 but wow, that ending did not disappoint with me, aside from all the rumbles I heard before. I picked
the middle option, jumping into the crucible and sacrificing my Shepard (same choice I initally did with Fable 2 as well lol). I had done every quest except the Cerberus Ciphers one due to it being glitched (couldn't hand it in!) with 5,000+ EMS and 84% galactic readiness rating. I liked how the crucible tied into all the Mass Relays, it got me craving for a really good Stargate game as well

Operation Goliath this weekend!
Starts today at 5 PST

Operation Goliath
Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.

Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.

Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.

Your allies are counting on you. Now is not the time to let them down.

Welcome to the first N7 Challenge weekend!

Join your friends on line between 5 PM PST Friday, March 16 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 18, and take the fight to the Reapers like never before.
Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.

Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.

[quote name='gotdott']Operation Goliath this weekend!
Starts today at 5 PST

Operation Goliath
Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.

Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.

Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.

Join your friends on line between 5 PM PST Friday, March 16 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 18, and take the fight to the Reapers like never before.
Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.

Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.[/QUOTE]

so do you have to sign up somewhere or just do Reapers on silver?

Lol it's obvious everybody is struggling or avoiding going against the reapers in multiplayer.
Cool though, I'll be down for that this weekend.
The N7 Eagle Pistol, one of my favorites. Counter Strike player (vet?) here, I'm all about the Desert Eagles. :p
Although I was rocking the Scorpion, with full Incendiary Ammo, in the end. Can't say no to sticky bomb bullets to the face!:bouncy:

[quote name='gotdott']Operation Goliath this weekend!
Starts today at 5 PST

Operation Goliath

Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about! Join Simosaurus and I tonight to take on the brutes!!!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']That's what I'm talking about! Join Simosaurus and I tonight to take on the brutes!!![/QUOTE]

Will you guys be on Sunday?

Reapers on Silver will be a piece of cake if everyone actually USES their equipment at all. Let alone properly. Sucks we only get one chance to net something decent though. I heard the N7 gear wasn't that great to begin with not that I'll look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. I just know whatever I get probably won't be anything I'm interested in using. Still if they keep supporting MP the RIGHT way instead of swinging the nerf bat around like morons I may have to change my stance on purchasing related DLC after all. We'll see.

[quote name='theredworm']so do you have to sign up somewhere or just do Reapers on silver?[/QUOTE]

Just play as you normally would

Again, feel free to add me guys, gt is same as CAG name, just let me know you are from here.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']That's what I'm talking about! Join Simosaurus and I tonight to take on the brutes!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm looking forward to doing Silver with a coordinated group. I tried Silver a couple times with some random MP groups and we got our butts kicked. If I can, I might get on early to do some warm-up rounds on bronze.

[quote name='gotdott']Just play as you normally would

Again, feel free to add me guys, gt is same as CAG name, just let me know you are from here.[/QUOTE]

gotdott,

I just added you on XBL, Dark Trooper 87. I won't be able to play tonight, but Sat/Sun nights are good for me.

Anyone have a view on which Assault Rifle is best for a Soldier? I've been mostly sticking with the Vindicator but the Valkyrie and/or Revenant seem like they might be good choices too. This is for single player on Hardcore.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone have a view on which Assault Rifle is best for a Soldier? I've been mostly sticking with the Vindicator but the Valkyrie and/or Revenant seem like they might be good choices too. This is for single player on Hardcore.[/QUOTE]

All Around: Vindicator w/ stability and barrel mods. Boost ammo capacity whenever possible.

CQC/Anti-Armor: Revenant w/ stability and mag mods or barrel and armor piercing.

I don't have the Valkyrie so I can't speak on it, but both of those have yet to fail me on Insanity. I got tired of the Revenant's terrible damage at mid and long ranges even V'd out with tons of weapon damage boosts so I went back to the Vindicator. I haven't regretted since. If you're planning on being within shotgun range at all times though the Revenant will demolish everything. I won't touch the Mattock because I can't stand the weight and lack of full auto.

The game was rushed just like DA2 was rushed. You can tell just by the ending. The fans are not so forgiving this time, it's already a shitstorm and it's growing by the day.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']All Around: Vindicator w/ stability and barrel mods. Boost ammo capacity whenever possible.

CQC/Anti-Armor: Revenant w/ stability and mag mods or barrel and armor piercing.

I don't have the Valkyrie so I can't speak on it, but both of those have yet to fail me on Insanity. I got tired of the Revenant's terrible damage at mid and long ranges even V'd out with tons of weapon damage boosts so I went back to the Vindicator. I haven't regretted since. If you're planning on being within shotgun range at all times though the Revenant will demolish everything. I won't touch the Mattock because I can't stand the weight and lack of full auto.[/QUOTE]
Part of my rationale for the Vindicator is that it's far lighter than the other guns, and my M.O. as Soldier is pretty much "Adrenaline Rush + sniper rifle," with the assault rifle as more of a backup/emergency CQC weapon. So I'm not using the assault rifle all that much anyway and picking the lightest one maximizes my Adrenaline Rush usage. Good to hear that you think it's the best all-around gun besides.

Stability mod rather than armor pierce though? Does it get that much easier to aim?

Some Multiplayer Stats:
MP-Telemetry-Datanew-2.jpg

lol Less Than "1% of all successful MP Matches are on Gold difficulty"

I'm doing the
blue ending
next time:

bestblue.jpg

Also, more strategy talk, does it strike anyone else that all of the armors besides Cerberus Assault (for weapon-oriented play) and Inferno (for power-oriented play) are worthless compared to those two?

I am down to kill Brutes, i LOVED the Crusader Shotty in SP and used it throughout the campaign, long range shotty action sounds great. I'll be around, if you want me to play, just send an invite to Insomnia Saint on XBL, pelase include you are a CAG so i know whom it is from. I got kicked out of groups twice last night for "taking all the kills" and "point farming" according to one... they were mad because i hit 77K in bronze and they were at 25k and under so apparantly i was cheating...

yeah...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm doing the
blue ending
next time:

bestblue.jpg

Also, more strategy talk, does it strike anyone else that all of the armors besides Cerberus Assault (for weapon-oriented play) and Inferno (for power-oriented play) are worthless compared to those two?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I used the Collector's Armor on my insanity playthrough for the extra shield/recharge

[quote name='Freemason']I am down to kill Brutes, i LOVED the Crusader Shotty in SP and used it throughout the campaign, long range shotty action sounds great. I'll be around, if you want me to play, just send an invite to Insomnia Saint on XBL, pelase include you are a CAG so i know whom it is from. I got kicked out of groups twice last night for "taking all the kills" and "point farming" according to one... they were mad because i hit 77K in bronze and they were at 25k and under so apparantly i was cheating...

yeah...[/QUOTE]

You should just start playing silver/gold or something lol after that is when the survival instincts kick in and people just care about surviving to payday (aka wave 10)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Part of my rationale for the Vindicator is that it's far lighter than the other guns, and my M.O. as Soldier is pretty much "Adrenaline Rush + sniper rifle," with the assault rifle as more of a backup/emergency CQC weapon. So I'm not using the assault rifle all that much anyway and picking the lightest one maximizes my Adrenaline Rush usage. Good to hear that you think it's the best all-around gun besides.

Stability mod rather than armor pierce though? Does it get that much easier to aim?[/QUOTE]

Yeah when it comes to the best overall AR regardless of your playstyle the Vindicator wins hands down. Best weight, great damage, cheapest to fully upgrade. I too pair it with a fully upgraded sniper so with AP ammo I can handle anything at any range.

As for the Revenant you still have to compensate for the kickback, but at CQC range it becomes irrelevant because of the spread and fire rate. Depending on your build the damage it can generate gets rather ridiculous fast. I often find myself tearing through Phantoms and Atlas Mechs w/ Adrenaline Rush in seconds if I'm close enough. Since I can't rely on the spotty squadmate AI to have my back though I've reverted to more conservative playstyle with the Vindicator.

I honestly don't believe Turians are the most popular in MP. I rarely see them in my games. I know pre-nerf Geth farming was the reason Noveria won out over everything else. There's no way you could fail on Gold if you knew what you're doing, where to camp and could rely on decent players. LOL @ 33% failure rate. Anyone who plays alone on a regular basis couldn't argue with that.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Yeah when it comes to the best overall AR regardless of your playstyle the Vindicator wins hands down. Best weight, great damage, cheapest to fully upgrade. I too pair it with a fully upgraded sniper so with AP ammo I can handle anything at any range.[/QUOTE]
I swore by AP Ammo in ME2, but in ME3 I've been sticking with Squad Warp Ammo on account of Liara and her constantly spamming Singularity and Warp. Thoughts?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Yeah when it comes to the best overall AR regardless of your playstyle the Vindicator wins hands down.[/QUOTE]

I tend to favor the Mattock over the Vindicator, as it has a slight faster firing rate. Plus that gets me the most headshots lol.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I swore by AP Ammo in ME2, but in ME3 I've been sticking with Squad Warp Ammo on account of Liara and her constantly spamming Singularity and Warp. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If Warp Ammo was anything like prior incarnations I'd tell you to sub it in fast for Incendiary or Armor Piercing, but if you plan on abusing the new Miranda for the rest of the game then you're golden. It bleeds utility on its own regardless of squad make up which is always a good thing. Great synergy with both Singularity and Warp spam also covering all bases from weakening armored targets to wearing down shielded and barriered opponents. It's actually a viable choice now.

On Hardcore I can't imagine you'll need the extra punch in the damage department from Incendiary and AP anyway. Liara's got crowd control on lock and AR damage boosts with a sniper competently address high risk targets at a distance whenever she can't assist with Warp. You know what you're doing man.

Besides... the main reason I even use AP at all is because I'm specializing in weapon damage, hate Banshees and Atlas mechs, and I absolutely loathe switching ammo powers on the fly. I'm lazy like that plus I prefer having Adrenaline Rush, Concussive and Medi-Gel on standby at all times. Incendiary fills the same slot more or less without bonus power requirements and available right off the bat with the highest damage boost to boot I believe.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I tend to favor the Mattock over the Vindicator, as it has a slight faster firing rate. Plus that gets me the most headshots lol.[/QUOTE]

Completely understandable. My main problem with the gun is the weight, clip size and recoil. Damage is still a sight to behold though. Just a shame you're sacrificing cooldown rates for it especially if you decide to pair it with anything else outside of subpar weaponry.

Thankfully you can compensate for all three of what I feel are the gun's cons though, so I'll definitely run a playthrough in the future with just it and nothing else but full weapon damage, Adrenaline Rush and Incendiary Ammo to see what type of havoc I can get into on the battlefield.

LOL @ that collection of quotes thread. BioWare seriously needs to stop waiting for the game to release to the entire world at large and realize when they finally do get it gamer opinion won't change over night. A patch fix at this point is the only way they'll avoid more bad press and us paying the price for terrible business practices simultaneously.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']If Warp Ammo was anything like prior incarnations I'd tell you to sub it in fast for Incendiary or Armor Piercing, but if you plan on abusing the new Miranda for the rest of the game then you're golden. It bleeds utility on its own regardless of squad make up which is always a good thing. Great synergy with both Singularity and Warp spam also covering all bases from weakening armored targets to wearing down shielded and barriered opponents. It's actually a viable choice now.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is that since the squad ammo is coming from Liara, Shepard only gets it at 50% effectiveness and she's obviously the primary damage dealer... But I like having Energy Drain as my bonus power... Maybe I'll try Squad Incendiary and see how that feels.

[quote name='zewone']Damn! It sucks you can only get on commendation pack. I really want that Valiant sniper.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but this wont be the only event ya know

Horrible timing for the event, st pattys day and march madness going in. Regardless if anyone needs a player on sat or sun I should be around especially Sunday

bread's done
Back