Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I'm sure it did. It just feels weird/wrong at the moment. Great for Random Gold with a bunch of strangers who won't finish I suppose, but once everyone finds out I can imagine plenty of idiots deliberately idling under the assumption that it's a wave boost when it's really the base total. Meh. I just think I'm finally burned out on this game and that balance patch didn't help my mood at all.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The unnecessary Frag buffs made Concussion Shot completely obsolete and the credit wave switch makes me feel like I'm making far less on a shitty team than I would otherwise despite the fact they said the payments haven't changed. Either that or time bonuses are absolutely MANDATORY to get the most out of a game. Terrible.

Oh, and as predicted I scored a Hurricane II which I will use with one of my kamikaze Adepts and Batarian Soldier eventually. I'm definitely buying The Witcher 2 soon. I need a break from this game.[/QUOTE]

Witcher 2 is sick. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='theredworm']Hurricane II yahoo /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Got my victory pack and it equaled a jumbo equipment pack. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Thats what mine was.

Victory packs have been like that from the start. The different one was the resurgence weekend victory pack where they basically combined a resurgence pack with the victory pack since you were supposed to be guaranteed a new character.

Been out of town for a little while (Merlefest in NC!) and didn't get to play at all this weekend. I'm also getting a little bored with this game. They need to release some new MP content real soon!

Saw the talk a few pages back about Borderlands. I'm a huge fan and am really excited about the new game (and that sweet chest replica!) I put in so many hours in that game. Just mindless looting! It sure wasn't much for story or true weapon/enemy variety but I loves me some loot regardless. Still only have two pearls to show for it though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bordjon']Saw the talk a few pages back about Borderlands. I'm a huge fan and am really excited about the new game (and that sweet chest replica!) I put in so many hours in that game. Just mindless looting! It sure wasn't much for story or true weapon/enemy variety but I loves me some loot regardless. Still only have two pearls to show for it though ;)[/QUOTE]
Borderlands is probably my second favorite game of this generation (after Mass Effect 2). I am hugely looking forward to B2!

Well if/when I do pick up B2 hopefully you guys can make the gameplay more fun for me. I don't recall co-oping that much at all and whenever I did with friends they were the luckiest SOBs I've ever seen when it came to weapon drops. Drove me nuts.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Well if/when I do pick up B2 hopefully you guys can make the gameplay more fun for me. I don't recall co-oping that much at all and whenever I did with friends they were the luckiest SOBs I've ever seen when it came to weapon drops. Drove me nuts.[/QUOTE]

I did hundreds of Knoxx runs. Not. One. DAMN. PEARL. In the end though, my Jackhammer was probably equal if not better than what the Pearls would've done for me. But hey, getting a group for Borderlands 2 would alleviate the pain of the first. Maybe.

Hmm I'll have to jump on tonight and see about my Victory Pack.

Commendation, not Victory. Victory's just supplies.

[quote name='dualedge2']
Commendation, not Victory. Victory's just supplies.[/QUOTE]

right right, whatever

Actually it is a Victory Pack, got level 3 ammo, which believe it or not I don't have already.

[quote name='dualedge2']I did hundreds of Knoxx runs. Not. One. DAMN. PEARL. In the end though, my Jackhammer was probably equal if not better than what the Pearls would've done for me. But hey, getting a group for Borderlands 2 would alleviate the pain of the first. Maybe.

Commendation, not Victory. Victory's just supplies.[/QUOTE]

My buddy Nick and I knocked out so many Crawmerax/Knox runs and only found maybe 4 or 5 Pearls total and none of them were close to as awesome as the regular purples and stuff we found and some of the golds, in teh end it is all we had left to do as we could one shot everything and 5 shot Craw... am looking forward to 2 though, it is good light fun and great for coop.

Dragons Dogma, Witcher 2, Assassins Creed Series, LA Noir, and Deus Ex i think are next on my hitlist.

[quote name='Freemason']Dragons Dogma, Witcher 2, Assassins Creed Series, LA Noir, and Deus Ex i think are next on my hitlist.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised to see another person planning a Dogma purchase. Aside from the early RE6 demo token the game wasn't even on my radar. Hell... if it weren't for the Griffin fight in the demo I still wouldn't be interested, but after learning the controls and delving into the character customization I felt confident enough to gamble on a copy. Besides killing gigantic monsters in any capacity never gets old. It's why I'm still waiting for a Lost Planet III announcement.

Unfortunately Capcom made a near fatal mistake of overleveling your pawns in the epilogue to the point where the game practically played itself so I can understand why plenty slapped a hack and slash label on and bounced. Unless you kill your initial pawn (throw that bitch off a cliff) and forgo summoning more by skipping the stone you'll never care enough to figure out what the hell you're doing. Better to skip straight to the Griffin fight so you can at least play your created arisen + pawn and have enough time to breathe long enough to enjoy what the real game has to offer.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']It's why I'm still waiting for a Lost Planet III announcement.
[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that announced a few weeks ago?

Really? Ugh... where was I? One of my friends said the same for Fallout 4 weeks ago, but I couldn't find a legit trailer. Nothing but fan fakes. I'll have to check this out. Thanks Ryu.

I haven't cheacked out the demo yet, but after the write up in game informer/OXM looked enough to peak my interest, I like that you cn trade or market off your pawns and stuff so hopefully there is a metagame to get behind and create some abdasses that learn the sweet spots on the big baddies. I've always been a sucker for Fantasy RPG and what not, so it popped up on the radar and decided i would give it a go.

Nothing funny today, just good art.

tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg

In order to get the gold pack did everyone have to make it or just get through all 11 waves? I have yet to get my pack if all we had to do is complete it.

Probably whining about his dead wife or somesuch.

I wonder if this means that all/most of the cast will have speaking parts in upcoming DLC (Extended Cut or otherwise).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Probably whining about his dead wife or somesuch.

I wonder if this means that all/most of the cast will have speaking parts in upcoming DLC (Extended Cut or otherwise).[/QUOTE]We can only hope so.

My current 2nd playthrough is with Kaiden around, so I guess I'll run into that whining soon enough.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Blech, Kaidan is my least favorite character in the series. Hopefully they're bringing all the other major characters back too.[/QUOTE]Except for the ones that can't do more speaking parts, of course. ;)

When Kaidan admitted his personality left much to be desired in ME3 I had to finally cut the guy some slack. He's still far from my favorite character but I actually don't mind him now. I call it the Crisis Core effect as I felt the same way about Sephiroth for years until that game came out.

I still regret keeping Kaiden alive in my save file from ME1 that I used as my "canon run". He's so f'ing dull and unlikable. When he kept questioning my loyalty, I wanted to renegade interrupt bitchslap him. At least Ash was a hottie zenophobe.

I wish I had kept Ashley alive so I could have her Marksman power. Aside from that, they were both asses. But at least Ash is a hot one, so she'd get my choice.

Still don't like either of their condescending tone when they were questioning my loyalty. Neither joined me when I was slapping the Collectors around and saving lives, so they should both shut the fuckup.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']At least Ash was a hottie zenophobe.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dualedge2']But at least Ash is a hot one...[/QUOTE]

Our tastes in women clearly differ. Greatly.

Honestly Kaidan is probably the more valuable character in ME3 just because he's a biotic. Ash's powers have a lot of overlap with Vega's. Especially on my Soldier character I wished I had Kaidan instead.

Ash is hot though!

[quote name='The Crotch']Kinda funny. My sentinel saved Kaidan and my soldier saved Ashley.

I wasn't thinking that shit through, I guess.[/QUOTE]

fuck thinking shit through, you did what you wanted at the time and no one can blame you. None of it even mattered anyway, they shoulda just made Anderson a squadmate finally

[quote name='sendme']In order to get the gold pack did everyone have to make it or just get through all 11 waves? I have yet to get my pack if all we had to do is complete it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I just got my commendation pack today. You might just need to keep checking for it.

[quote name='sendme']In order to get the gold pack did everyone have to make it or just get through all 11 waves? I have yet to get my pack if all we had to do is complete it.[/QUOTE]

At least one person had to make it to extraction (on Gold, of course). Didn't matter if it was Full, Partial or Lone Survivor.

And make sure your upload feedback or whatever thing was set to ON.

Do the reset power cards give you all 84 points or just 83?
(for a level 20 character)

Want to build a Biotic spamming Sentinel and that one pesky point is stuck on Tech Armor by default.

The rare Respec cards are the only way to get rid of that point so you're good to go. Just beware that once you've spent your points after use you won't be able to undo any changes unless you have another respec card in your inventory. For some stupid reason the game locks out the option when there aren't any present.

Thanks.

Going to buy a few more PSP before using the card.
Ever since I reached the 3 card limit, more rare weapons have been popping up in it's place.

Got 4 weapons in one pack yesterday- Javelin, Carnifex, Striker, Revenant.
Then a Kishock and Geth SMG in the next.

[quote name='KrizB']Do the reset power cards give you all 84 points or just 83?
(for a level 20 character)

Want to build a Biotic spamming Sentinel and that one pesky point is stuck on Tech Armor by default.[/QUOTE]

D: how will you stagger them phantoms that sneak up on you without dat tech armor

bread's done
Back