Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='dualedge2']Sadly, that's the problem I have with Mass Effect 3. I play a Soldier and like to use Assault Rifles. But all the ARs feel like slightly better SMGs. In fact, the only "true" AR is the Revenant and with the nerf from ME2->ME3, it doesn't work without certain powers (Marksman) to offset the hit. All we have now are burst-fire (lame), single-shot (also lame), or mini-grenade launchers? None of the ARs have any real power.

"Where's the MEAT?"

Bring the Revenant back to its former glory (better accuracy, more damage, bigger clip, faster reload). Or hell, make new ARs. Ones that are preferably more in line with what a REAL AR is (good accuracy, good damage, decent clip size, great fire rate, and good reload speed).[/QUOTE]

I think the saber has quite a big punch for an AR.I like using that one a lot.

[quote name='tukai']I think the saber has quite a big punch for an AR.I like using that one a lot.[/QUOTE]

While it has good power and an okay fire rate, but it's semi-automatic and has a small clip. Same problem.

As for the other ARs, I don't mind them being available. I just want something that's more like a realistic AR. The best automatic AR in ME3 (Revenant) is like the AK47: perfect reliability (it's a GAME!), decent clip, and really low accuracy. Hell, if this game wanted to be more realistic, why not toss in the AA-12 shotgun? THAT'D be a true beast. Probably make the ARs look like crap in the meantime.

I may be in the minority but I have a blast with the Raptor. I know it's *technically* not an AR, but I suck at sniping so this is as good as it gets for me. lol

Single Player wise almost any AR will get the job done, but in MP the only two worth a damn in terms of raw dps and ease of upgrading to X are the Mattock and Phaeston. The rest are either used solely for flavor, fire rate, personal preference or managing a 200% cooldown for ability spam heavy classes. IMO if you have to smother a gun in mods and equipment to balance it out/find a use for it then it's trash.

I agree wholeheartedly that if BioWare doesn't get back to buffing the entire roster (besides only their obvious favorite - Mattock) then the next DLC needs to provide three new ARs.

The problem is that Mattock isnt a real assault rifle...I want a real lay down some fire rambo type rifle. Most of these AR can easily be switched out for pistols if I wanted to single shot it.

Extremely disappointing because I believe I have played the game every way you can. I just dont think they put a lot of creative into this mode.

I see that people are getting ready for the weekend event.

Spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find a silver room that didn't have high level N7 players using low 1-5 level characters.

Have no real problem with them doing it, but in every single room that launched, they would either try to leech for credits or quit because they were not revived fast enough after running head first into enemy spawn zones.

ftfy.gif

Will try again later tonight.

[quote name='KrizB']I see that people are getting ready for the weekend event.

Spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find a silver room that didn't have high level N7 players using low 1-5 level characters.

Have no real problem with them doing it, but in every single room that launched, they would either try to leech for credits or quit because they were not revived fast enough after running head first into enemy spawn zones.

ftfy.gif

Will try again later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha, I'm bookmarking the shit out of that GIF.

[quote name='sendme']Damn I still have yet to get my pack. I played 2 gold games. One was a loan survivor and the other was a partial extraction.[/QUOTE]

did you get your pack(s) yet?

I've been away for a few and haven't gotten my pack(s) yet either. I checked the morning before I left and the night I came back and still nothing. Not sure if it dropped for me on the day after and then expired the day before I got back. Which of course would suck.

[quote name='100xp']did you get your pack(s) yet?

I've been away for a few and haven't gotten my pack(s) yet either. I checked the morning before I left and the night I came back and still nothing. Not sure if it dropped for me on the day after and then expired the day before I got back. Which of course would suck.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, dude! Good trip?

[quote name='IanKazimer']Welcome back, dude! Good trip?[/QUOTE]

thanks man, hawai'i was awesome.

so if i missed my well earned pack(s)...I'm not gonna sweat it.

i was in a MP F/W/G last night w/3 other ppl all using Strikers. 25:15. I played S/Engineer. No one hid, no one idled, and only 3 rockets were fired. 3 ppl focusing down targets w/Strikers is sick. I still prefer the Falcon (up to IX now) even after the nerf. the controlled fire is more my playstyle and you can still bounce it around corners. Striker hits hard but it's probably more effective at close range...maybe with stability equipment and the turian it would be more to my liking.

I'll be on tonight if you're around.

Man, this AR thing is really bumming me out. I made a pure weapon damage soldier and I cant even use the damn guy. At any given time I am doing a plus 120% weapons damage with the ability to shoot carnage once while unloading.

Carnage is doing 700 damage if it lands...I should be able to cut through low end guys like god damn butter with surprising fire.

I guess its time to try a grenade launcher or maybe a SMG....which makes no sense...man....pfffft.

Edit: Just tried the striker....worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']thanks man, hawai'i was awesome.

so if i missed my well earned pack(s)...I'm not gonna sweat it.

i was in a MP F/W/G last night w/3 other ppl all using Strikers. 25:15. I played S/Engineer. No one hid, no one idled, and only 3 rockets were fired. 3 ppl focusing down targets w/Strikers is sick. I still prefer the Falcon (up to IX now) even after the nerf. the controlled fire is more my playstyle and you can still bounce it around corners. Striker hits hard but it's probably more effective at close range...maybe with stability equipment and the turian it would be more to my liking.

I'll be on tonight if you're around.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no shit? I lived on Oahu for a year. I feel like I'd appreciate it more now though; I'm not a little sunburnt, fat kid, 5th grader anymore.

I'll be on this weekend for sure, but I'll see about hopping on tonight too. I feel the beauty calling me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, this AR thing is really bumming me out. I made a pure weapon damage soldier and I cant even use the damn guy. At any given time I am doing a plus 120% weapons damage with the ability to shoot carnage once while unloading.

Carnage is doing 700 damage if it lands...I should be able to cut through low end guys like god damn butter with surprising fire.

I guess its time to try a grenade launcher or maybe a SMG....which makes no sense...man....pfffft.

Edit: Just tried the striker....worthless.[/QUOTE]

some wpns just need more equipment and the right mods to shine. 3 strikers to complete FWG in 25 mintues made me a believer. It's not for me, but I can't deny how effective last night's squad was.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Oh, no shit? I lived on Oahu for a year. I feel like I'd appreciate it more now though; I'm not a little sunburnt, fat kid, 5th grader anymore.

I'll be on this weekend for sure, but I'll see about hopping on tonight too. I feel the beauty calling me.[/QUOTE]

yeah, not having any desire to use the internet or play videogames was a great feeling. Of course that's partly because Diablo 3 doesn't come out til next tuesday.

I had to get on comms to tell the group not to kick my beautiful soldier...I bought 2 pre_specter packs and got the beautiful paintjob. bat_patterns are a lot different than the rest, I was hoping for a camo but it looks more like hot wheels flames. I guess you can't hide the beauty.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Single Player wise almost any AR will get the job done, but in MP the only two worth a damn in terms of raw dps and ease of upgrading to X are the Mattock and Phaeston. The rest are either used solely for flavor, fire rate, personal preference or managing a 200% cooldown for ability spam heavy classes. IMO if you have to smother a gun in mods and equipment to balance it out/find a use for it then it's trash.

I agree wholeheartedly that if BioWare doesn't get back to buffing the entire roster (besides only their obvious favorite - Mattock) then the next DLC needs to provide three new ARs.[/QUOTE]

what's sad is the collector AR is a great AR...but currently it seems impossible to upgrade it. not even redeeming a 2nd code for it has worked. I really miss using it, but level 1 and level VII + for most other AR's out perform it on Gold. I still use it on Bronze when I'm leveling up a single digit character just for fun.

I think the AR's are fine, the soldiers are the classes that need the most buffing when using wpns be that a higher dmg bonus, more strength, and/or more shields/health. I really don't know since soldiers can be fine with any wpn layout just lackluster compared to all the other classes w.out proper support. Maybe a soldier buff would be a squad bonus. For every soldier in your squad all soldiers gain a +X% bonus to their wpn damage, or something. Shep and a few other iconic videogame soldiers seem to be the only soldier(s) that can do it solo, everyone other soldier seems to be most effective when there's an entire line of them.

two things i've noticed...the final evolution of Soldier's A_Rush give 100% shield cap back, but it seems it gives you 100% of your unmodified shields back, much like Geth Hunter Vision lowers your shields by 50%, but if you have their version of Fitness the shield bar goes down only about 35%ish. I suspect this is also true with Energy Drain as sometimes I've seen my shield bar go up 1/2 way and sometimes to 100%.

Alright I finally found a AR that works like a real AR...its called the Hurricane SMG with heat sink and capacity mods.

This is the closest thing to a real AR in the game which is embarrassing. Its preforms exactly how I was hoping the ARs would with my pure weapons damage dealing solider. With A.Rush I get around 120% bonus to damage and it chews through low level people like butter. Hell and I think mine is a level 1 for petes sake.

The ARs in the game are just shit....period.

Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night. Good times with XP, Spy, Simo and Solomsr. At this point I feel I've done all I care about in the game, but the hanging out with like-minded gamers online is what's bringing me back now.

Muahahahaha

Jumped into a game today with the noobiest of noobs, we all died within 2:22 seconds of the first round on FBW, I could have revived myself but didnt want to waste it. They didnt even know to go down to the lower level but was trying to battle it out up top.

I didnt blame them just thought it was funny.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night. Good times with XP, Spy, Simo and Solomsr. At this point I feel I've done all I care about in the game, but the hanging out with like-minded gamers online is what's bringing me back now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, to be honest I dont know why I continue to play the MP in the game? Its really rather pointless.....I got all the cheesemints, unlocked mostly everybody and everything but even the ones I dont have unlocked wont change the game that much.

But something keeps bringing me back....probably the ease of picking up and playing.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night.[/QUOTE]

I second that: Thanks for the pointers, 100XP.

I also have done just about all there is to do, but something about the MP keeps drawing me back in. I know I have other games to work on (Skyrim, I see you staring at me) but I can't seem to get ME3 out of my disc tray for long.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Muahahahaha

Jumped into a game today with the noobiest of noobs, we all died within 2:22 seconds of the first round on FBW, I could have revived myself but didnt want to waste it. They didnt even know to go down to the lower level but was trying to battle it out up top.

I didnt blame them just thought it was funny.[/QUOTE]

Well up top does work as an efficient place to hold out too, you have a good view of enemies coming from below and from the launch pad

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night. Good times with XP, Spy, Simo and Solomsr. At this point I feel I've done all I care about in the game, but the hanging out with like-minded gamers online is what's bringing me back now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have to agree, also yeah it was a lot of fun. So many grabs on that one map, lol my Batarian had some anger issues :lol:.

Ok so I finally was able to see The Avenger's movie; Holy crap the Avengers was awesome (in 3D and at the IMAX)! I so want a Mass Effect movie movie,
(Avengers - Spectres, "Tesseract" - Mass Relays, "Chitauri"-Reapers, Loki-Saren), but you know fix the ending first.
When Nick Fury told the council they need these guys to fight the battles we can't, I just stood up in my mind and said yeah f'n council the Reapers are the real threat! Haha

haha, np. I had a blast, I almost felt like I was talking too much giving intel...but I'm glad everyone had fun, was able to get a full extraction(or two), and learned cobra missile to the ceiling makes the primes sad.

yeah, Avenger's i 3D was pretty awesome. I hope you stayed for the credits.

Man, I ended up TOTALLY spacing on ME yesterday. I feel it slipping on my priority list :( Max Payne right around the corner isn't helping anything.

Lemme know if you guys hop on today. I'm gonna need a break from work.

Tried to run some gold today and it seems like the games are getting worse. Wiped on most of them by wave 3. One player didn't do anything for 2 games but no one would kick them so I left. Next one we made it to wave 6 then it went down from there. Another one the host dropped and after that the third player seemed to change every 30 seconds.

I got the indra the other day, I actually like it. it's kinda like the raptor on full auto...it's not really my 1 shot 1 kill go to sniper rifle but it's certainly has it's charm.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So is the Indra available for the 360 now? I thought it was PC only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think they snuck it in a week or two ago. There was some whole debacle with servers being taken down because people were getting it early.

People actually like the Indra? I hate it personally. It's like the Avenger of Sniper Rifles.

Now the Talon on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous. I just need a respec card to set up one of my Infiltrators properly to abuse it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']People actually like the Indra? I hate it personally. It's like the Avenger of Sniper Rifles.

Now the Talon on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous. I just need a respec card to set up one of my Infiltrators properly to abuse it.[/QUOTE]

The Talon was actually doing some work on my Kroguard for a while there too. Couldn't tell if the stagger was guaranteed or not, but it had most/all of the benefits of a shotgun for almost half the weight.

Slap a scope on it to tighten the pellet spread and watch magic occur. So glad heavy pistols have a shredder mod. I can solo everything at almost any range without any serious problems. I could only imagine the type of havoc I could unleash with the Hurricane if SMGs had one as well. The DPS for that gun is out of control as it is.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']People actually like the Indra? I hate it personally. It's like the Avenger of Sniper Rifles.

Now the Talon on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous. I just need a respec card to set up one of my Infiltrators properly to abuse it.[/QUOTE]

i've come to the conclusion you hate everything that isn't top tier for gold. just an observation, not negative in anyway...it's our difference in preference and gaming style. granted, a bottom of the barrel below 9000 gun, class, character what have you is still ca ca. (referring to League of Legends characters)

I figure if you use an AR w/a scope having a sniper rifle that has a decent RoF is basically an AR w/a scope mod already attached to it.

the geth pulse rifle is the new avenger...I think the only thing the avenger has on the geth pulse rifle is, the sound it makes if you like that chap chap chap sound.

I like the indra because it's new, trust me I would have preferred getting a javelin or having any of my other N7 wpns upgraded instead by a notch...but what can you do but make the most of it.

[quote name='100xp']i've come to the conclusion you hate everything that isn't top tier for gold. just an observation, not negative in anyway...it's our difference in preference and gaming style. granted, a bottom of the barrel below 9000 gun, class, character what have you is still ca ca. (referring to League of Legends characters)

I figure if you use an AR w/a scope having a sniper rifle that has a decent RoF is basically an AR w/a scope mod already attached to it.

the geth pulse rifle is the new avenger...I think the only thing the avenger has on the geth pulse rifle is, the sound it makes if you like that chap chap chap sound.

I like the indra because it's new, trust me I would have preferred getting a javelin or having any of my other N7 wpns upgraded instead by a notch...but what can you do but make the most of it.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I just "hate" everything that contributes to the already underwhelming arsenal of weapons we have to gamble with the odds to get. I rarely play Gold as it is unless a Commendation Pack is on the line, I'm with a team that doesn't want to Firebase Farm or I'm really bored with a ton of equipment collecting dust because I'm usually playing alone.

My assessment of the weapon was purely from a Silver player's point of a view since that is the difficulty I'm most likely playing on. I treated it like a sniper with an Infiltrator and an AR with a Soldier. One spec'd for power damage and the other for weapon damage without any equipment use. I wasn't impressed enough to continue experimenting and can only imagine how much prep/effort would be required for optimal use on Gold. Since again I usually play alone my main concern is finishing games via lone wolfing/carrying strangers so I can't rely on others to back me up. Now using a gun like that for such purposes would eventually turn into a liability for me.

I know full well every weapon and class in this game is Gold viable, but another ultra rare with the dps, capacity and accuracy of a common simply doesn't do for me nor does it make any sense IMO. Even if it comes with a scope and is super accurate because it's going to take forever to level up when there are plenty of viable options for the role it provides. You are right though because does come down to personal preference. I guess I just prefer new weapons like the Striker and Geth SMG with enough dps or personal flair to pull its own weight without constant power spamming or tons of equipment to keep me from being screwed otherwise.

@ - ink, fair enough. at least they give us premium specter packs so the chance for ultra rares is less ultra rare...but the javelin continues to elude me.

the geth smg w/the heat sink and clip on the human soldier is hilarious when you use A_Rush.

i've actually played a bunch of silver the other day with randoms. it was a lot of fun not going down after 2 shots from anyone's gun. bronze is still fun, silver is a bit challenging, and gold is really just to make credits to buy crap.

Yeah. I've lost hope of ever getting a Black Widow, Asari Adept or Javelin. I have damn near everything else. Unfortunately I also have a handful of rares on V or lower so it's going to be quite a while longer before I see any sort of progress. I agree that Gold is more for credits IMO than anything else. I have more fun on Silver just screwing around until I realize I'm alone on an objective wave and we aren't likely to get paid unless I put on my try hard hat and delve into my Cobra supply.

I honestly wish I were exaggerating about the type of players I run into but if you haven't given a SMG Infiltrator or BW/Claymore Asari Adept a chance then you aren't a real man. ;P

Still no asari adept? do you mean justicar?

I got the black widow, and as good as it is...they keep giving me widows making it much harder to go to a lvl 1 sniper rifler over a lvl VI + one.

i've had the displeasure of getting into a few games w/the most racist ppl on XBL. it was almost comedy until i realized they were serious. as for nearly useless players, lazy ones, or babies that need to be carried...I'm glad i can hold my own enough to get the objective round then simply give up if i feel i'm carrying more than one person.

i've have an SMG infiltator, Quarian w/the smg weight loss before they made smgs even lighter and before i got ultra light mats up to V. the geth smg/geth infiltrator is where it's at...the geth wpn bonus is just too crazy. it's what soldier's wpn dmg output should be with AR's.

I don't believe I've used a claymore on my asari adept yet, disciple IX yes but not the hvy claymore.

[quote name='100xp']Still no asari adept? do you mean justicar?

I got the black widow, and as good as it is...they keep giving me widows making it much harder to go to a lvl 1 sniper rifler over a lvl VI + one.

i've had the displeasure of getting into a few games w/the most racist ppl on XBL. it was almost comedy until i realized they were serious. as for nearly useless players, lazy ones, or babies that need to be carried...I'm glad i can hold my own enough to get the objective round then simply give up if i feel i'm carrying more than one person.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I literally mean the Adept and not the Justicar. I purposely horded my credits until that Resurgence Pack came out to guarantee me access to that sexy minx. The OG AA however still eludes me. It's so stupid. I feel you on the Widow situation. I have mine at X so I fear by the time the game decides to give me one I won't use it.

Now Call of Duty prepared me for racism of all types on XBL. Sad but always hilarious to experience. My friend and I often have fun at their expense should we care enough to switch to public chat. Hell... one of the reasons we still own MW2 is BECAUSE of the trash talking. It doesn't matter what you're doing some random teenager will insult you for the hell of it. When I'm out in e-wilds trekking alone though I never use a mic. Rather pointless when everyone takes any friendly advice as a near fatal wound to their manhood.

I also give up when I have to carry whole teams now. A couple of days ago I had to carry through numbered objective swarmed with heavies. Every time I'd Cobra two more would f*cking show up on the five feet away from the objective, but I managed to get it done. Nowhere near as fun as soloing a full Silver as a Human Soldier when several people quit in a row.

Nowadays if I go down then so be it. I figure if they want it bad enough they'll shape up and help each other out, but this rarely ever happens. It's pointless being the only person who will use their equipment. Now that the Jumbo Equipment Pack is permanent I know for a fact the majority who refuse to use medi-gel are either clueless or jackasses so they aren't getting revived under any circumstances. I consider that shit just as bad as idle leeching because the whole point of joining or creating a public lobby is to get help and provide it. If I wanted to solo I'd switch to private.

I hope so man. I really do. I'm running out of ways to make this game fun for me which is vital since I can't afford to pick anything new up at the moment. I've tried nearly every combination, class and weapon I can think of besides the oddball combinations randoms come up with. Now I'm tempted to mimic those at the expense of being a liability or others believing everyone can be successful with them when that is rarely the case. Regardless I can't deny how tempting a Hurricane Infiltrator/Soldier would be but I'd prefer screwing around with a Locust X. Oh how I wish they never changed it. ;(

I really hope those Vorcha come with Inferno Grenades because I have a blast spamming them and Carnage with my Krogan Soldier. I honestly don't see the point wasting them on my Batarian though.

Btw how did you fair with Silencer? I caved in and did a couple public Gold Firebases for it then put in work as a Sentinel on Reaper Silvers to help out. That Jumbo Equipment Pack got me trippin' man. I seriously need to curb the heroing because I'm only hurting myself, but it was fun stretching out hacks to the fullest for Banshees. God knows I have plenty of Cobras to go around.

I did 1 reaper gold run, and bunch of reaper silvers with some random group that turned out to be decent and silent. the rest were FWG + random gold which turned out to be a lot of cerberus on different pre-DLC maps.

I've gotten back into human vanguard again and human adept.

I'm hoping all the new races have more unique abilities. the bats' new abilties were so refreshing.

bread's done
Back