Mass Effect 3 - Out Now with Full Game Trial for Plus! Multiplayer Acksun!

I wish there was a way to trade cards (yes, too much FIFA). Right now, I don't really care about Assault rifle or shotgun upgrades, I just want more options for my pistol. I only roll with 1 gun. It halves my power recharge time.

Was fun guys. Had the kids eating dinner, lights on (projector for TV), etc. Wasn't doing so well but still fun. Gonna get on later so add me if you haven't yet.

Gonna quit saving up for the 60 boxes and try to get some of the cheesier ones to unlock races. Haven't received a gun I really like yet from the box boxes :(

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. more than i thought i would. Right now playing Adept b/c the full power singularity/warp combo is one of my favorite things in the game.
rocking an AR and a SMG for now, but will scale back to SMG/pistol (or maybe just 1) as i get my biotics leveled up.

Two things to note from playing my Infiltrator, it's minor. That Adapt vibrator power that makes the whomp whomp whomp, it screws up my ability to aim if it's done near me, my crosshairs will jump all over the place to the point where I can't take a shot reliably for 3 seconds. That and occasionally I notice people run into my line of fire when I'm sniping, like directly in front of me. You can't shoot through your teammates, so if that headshot you lined up suddenly gets caught by a teammate, that's what happened.

Figure I'll post up my Infiltrator build for evil since he's trying them out along with my tactics.
Human
Tac Cloak 6(Damage Bonus, Recharge and Sniper Bonus)
Cryo Blast 6(Impact Radius, Damage Bonus, Damage Bonus)
Sticky Grenades 0
Alliance Training 6(Weapon Damage, Headshot Damage, Weapon Damage)
Fitness 6(Shields all the way)

Three ways I've played this class and mostly it changes based on what Sniper Rifle I'm using.

1. Using the Mantis it's all about Tac Cloak and Headshots for the big damage. For me right now the Mantis will One Hit Kill bodyshot most unarmored targets. Headshots on Shielded small targets are One Hit Kills. Downside is the Mantis is SLOW. Less kills per game but you can put down huge damage to a single target.
  2. Using the Viper it's Cryo Blast and Headshot the frozen targets since it has faster rate of fire but Cryo Blast the Armored Targets since it has less damage. Viper is still strong enough to kill frozen targets with a headshot, 2-3 bodyshots max. Tac Cloak to take out the Armored Targets and keep firing after the cloak is down until it cools down again. More reliable kills with a lot more room for error, allows more mid-range fighting, don't need to swap as much. Balance of 1 and 3.
  3. Using the Raptor it's Cryo Blast and unload on everything, headshots priority but the gun is more like an assault rifle with a high capacity. Since the Raptor does less damage Headshots are high priority. Freeze and shoot, always moving, less sniping more shooting. High capacity - you can use this as the only gun and rarely run out of ammo.
Why I skip Sticky Grenades:

1. Their radius sucks, you must stick a target. You can freeze them and then stick but you might as well just shoot them.
  2. You can't max out all the other skills without skipping Sticky Grenades.
  3. Mantis Rifle with Tac Cloak does as much, if not more damage than 2-3 Sticky Grenades.
  4. Sticky Grenades need to be refilled, if somebody else is using Grenades on your team, you need to get to an ammo box before they do.

Taken from the 360 thread.
[quote name='theredworm']all items available from mp card packs and their rarity level
Consumable Common (Blue)
- Cobra Missile Launcher (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Thermal Clip Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ops Survival Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Medi-Gel (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ammo Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Weapon Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Armor Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)

Common (Blue)
- M-3 Predator
- M-23 Katana
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-92 Mantis
- M-8 Avenger
- SMG Scope
- Pistol Scope
- Pistol High-Caliber Barrel
- Assault Rifle Percision Scope
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Human Characters

Uncommon (Silver)
- M-5 Phalanx
- M-22 Eviscerator
- M-9 Tempest
- M-12 Locust
- M-13 Raptor
- M-27 Scimitar
- M-97 Viper
- M-29 Incisor
- M-96 Mattock
- M-15 Vindicator
- Phaeston
- SMG Ultralight Materials
- Pistol Piercing Mod
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
- Shotgun Shredder Mod
- Turian Soldier
- Salarian Engineer
- Turian Sentinel
- Quarian Infiltrator
- Asari Vanguard
- Drell Adept

Rare (Gold)
- Consumable Item Capacity Increases
- Respec Card
- M-25 Hornet
- M-6 Carnifex
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Geth Pulse Shotgun
- M-300 Claymore
- M-98 Widow
- Arc Pistol
- Disciple
- Graal Spike Thrower
- M-37 Falcon
- M-76 Revenant
- Collector Assault Rifle* (color is gold, but you have to have a code to unlock)
- Asari Adept
- Krogan Soldier
- Krogan Sentinel
- Quarian Engineer
- Salarian Infiltrator
- Drell Vanguard

Ultra Rare (Black/N7)
- Black Widow
- M-358 Talon
- M-99 Saber
- M-77 Paladin
- M-11 Wraith
- Javelin
- Scorpion
[/QUOTE]

I love the story mode. I love the multiplayer and how it affects the galaxy at war ratings. I hate the stupid glitches, freezes (happened twice so far) and frame rate drops. I was planning on selling the game once I beat it but I'll be keeping it for the multiplayer.

Okay, I've tried the Turian Soldier class and it's really not for me. The Turian Soldier in MP gets Marksman which ups his accuracy and rate of fire. While that's great, don't pick a semi-auto assault rifle to use it on. The Turian also can't dodge, I guess that giant hump on their back prevents them from rolling like a pro and are limited to taking cover. Maybe the Human version will provide me with more killing-it-deadness.

The Falcon grenade launcher assault rifle is also very lack luster. Not worth the weight or the rarity, low capacity junk that always runs out of ammo.

Hey if anybody wants to party up and play gold I have A Damage focused Infiltrator/Widow Class and a Asari Vanguard/Stasis Bubble both maxed and I can play the role pretty good with both classes.

If you play a Vanguard skip Shockwave/Stasis as skills, you're not a ranged attacker and Shockwave and Stasis just give you cooldown times that prevent you from replenishing your barrier(Biotic Charge). Shockwave can Detonate Warp but it's not worth it when you Charge -> Nova -> Charge -> Nova a lot quicker. If you happen to get the Asari Vanguard Spec Biotic Charge as usual and Lift Grenades. 3 Lift Grenades can kill stupid amounts of enemies in close quarters. Vanguards spec Power and Force across the board, weapons bonuses aren't necessary. Power and Force Bonuses also come with a Weight bonus too. Keep the Vanguard light for fast recharges, it's a crackhead nuke class that means you will be pissing off your teammates and at the same time earning their respect if you stay alive/pull off insane stunts against the tougher bosses.

I stopped reading there. Stasis Bubble is the most needed ability in GOLD. Also Cryo blast is useless in GOLD for infi, u need max weapon damage n power duration. Vanguards are not needed in GOLD challenges they will die spamming Charge/Nova and it will leave ur team handicapped. Unless you're talking about Bronze then you can use basically anything. You need a good Adept/Asari with Stasis bubble, Infi, Soldiers and engineer to get pass the higher levels. Its fun using Vanguard in bronze though or Vs Cerberus or maybe Geth in some silver matches.

Bronze-You should use this for ranking up your character easy 15k
Silver-Quick cash relatively easy 30-40k for beating it
Gold-The real challenge is here, its only fun when playing with people who do their roles correctly. if you last pass round 8 you're guranteed 50k pass 9 its 60k, 10 70 and if you beat it you get around 85-90k.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brainberry']I stopped reading there. Stasis Bubble is the most needed ability in GOLD. Also Cryo blast is useless in GOLD for infi, u need max weapon damage n power duration. Vanguards are not needed in GOLD challenges they will die spamming Charge/Nova and it will leave ur team handicapped. Unless you're talking about Bronze then you can use basically anything. You need a good Adept/Asari with Stasis bubble, Infi, Soldiers and engineer to get pass the higher levels. Its fun using Vanguard in bronze though or Vs Cerberus or maybe Geth in some silver matches.

Bronze-You should use this for ranking up your character easy 15k
Silver-Quick cash relatively easy 30-40k for beating it
Gold-The real challenge is here, its only fun when playing with people who do their roles correctly. if you last pass round 8 you're guranteed 50k pass 9 its 60k, 10 70 and if you beat it you get around 85-90k.[/QUOTE]
Right now unless people come together in this thread, there is no point in pursuing Gold level challenges unless they have their own sets of friends to play. At least on the PSN side. The 360 thread has more Gold talk and play.

[quote name='Mad39er']Right now unless people come together in this thread, there is no point in pursuing Gold level challenges unless they have their own sets of friends to play. At least on the PSN side. The 360 thread has more Gold talk and play.[/QUOTE]

I've added the people I've beaten gold with so if you want to party up and play with us you're more then welcome to. We're usually one short anyways. Never beat it Vs Reaper or Geth yet. Only Vs Cerb a couple times.

Best thing to do is stick together in groups of two,all 4 on 1 side of that map so no enemies can spawn or get behind you guys. Gold matches usually take about 40 mins so I'm not too sure you'd be willing to play that long.

I want to play gold/silver but can never find anyone good. Hit me up at MistahFluffa on PSN. I'm pretty good and wanna get better. Playing soldier/vanguard with the saber and javelin at level 87 right now...Also it is cool if I add you guys? Ya know actual legitimate good gamers

I been farming Geth Silver for awhile and would like to tackle Gold with a few experienced people. My main class is a Salarian Engineer but I can also play Asari Adept if needed. Add me or I'll add a couple of you guys if you don't mind.

I need to punch (well, maybe text) Mad and get him back online in MP. Then again, maybe I shouldn't obsess about getting to Lv 50 in Borderlands either.....

I've come close (wave 8 or 9) to silver with Randoms, I'm pretty sure I could get it if our team actually strategized I've only gotten to wave 4 or 5 on Gold however but I think I just need to get my stats up and better weaponery
Can we set up a time to play? like Friday at 7pm Est? anyone down ?

add me.

Farming gold creds is easy. Just get the obj done in round 10 n die. Easy 73k creds.

I can help u with silver if you want, I'll just rank up my Sents & Soldiers.

[quote name='navalg1337']I farm geth glacier gold in 20-25 mins with a group and we always need one so just add me if you'd like to join.[/QUOTE]

Do you just die after the OBJ in 10?

Now way you beat it fully in 20.

Farm geth gold with 2 quarian infi's n 2 salarian engineers in firebase white is pretty easy also.

it takes like 25-28 at the very least.

[quote name='Brainberry']Do you just die after the OBJ in 10?

Now way you beat it fully in 20.

Farm geth gold with 2 quarian infi's n 2 salarian engineers in firebase white is pretty easy also.

it takes like 25-28 at the very least.[/QUOTE]

i die after obj in wave 10

[quote name='jmbreci']I need to punch (well, maybe text) Mad and get him back online in MP. Then again, maybe I shouldn't obsess about getting to Lv 50 in Borderlands either.....[/QUOTE]
If you hit me up on twitter(goes to my phone) or text my phone, it's a tad easier than trying to reach me on the boards. Shogun 2 is my new addiction, blame Amazon.

[quote name='Mad39er']If you hit me up on twitter(goes to my phone) or text my phone, it's a tad easier than trying to reach me on the boards. Shogun 2 is my new addiction, blame Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Twitter....really? Texting goes to your phone also......BLAM! Y'all can have some of the bitch pudding!

[quote name='jmbreci']Twitter....really? Texting goes to your phone also......BLAM! Y'all can have some of the bitch pudding![/QUOTE]
I basically set up everything to go to my phone because I'm now one of those people that needs to keep their phone alive all the time. It's also easier because I'm used to receiving texts on the work phone regarding calls and such, so since I'm not home or paying attention to emails much, I just have everything ping my phone. Hell, even have a Google Voice number linked to my phone for stuff like Craigslist.

Remember that dude we were playing with last time we played together? The random dude with the Krogan? He's on my FL too since we're all nerds.

25% bonus XP this weekend....I forget exactly for what....but I know it's something with multiplayer.....

[quote name='jmbreci']25% bonus XP this weekend....I forget exactly for what....but I know it's something with multiplayer.....[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, I've never promoted so XP isn't an issue. They should double cash, all I need is the Black Widow & Salarian Infi and I'll have everything.

Also
New maps & character are coming out this Tuesday.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222511p1.html

Free too!

Resurgence Pack is out and available in the PSN Store. Just downloading updates and everything, it's hard to believe it's almost been a month since my PS3 has been on.

Firebase Hydra is a awesome map.

Condor is huge and open, its hard to find sufficient cover.

Also, its sucks you have to grind out the new characters. Would trade the Batarian Sent I just got for the Geth Infi.

So far lucked out with the Geth Engineer, Geth SMG and the Harpoon gun. Loving the Harpoon since it reloads faster than my Widow.

[quote name='bobo2k4']So far lucked out with the Geth Engineer, Geth SMG and the Harpoon gun. Loving the Harpoon since it reloads faster than my Widow.[/QUOTE]

what kind of packs did you find them in? 5,000; 20; or 60?

Its found in the Spectre and Premium Spectre packs. I just need to get the Batarian Soldier and Asari Justicar to complete the collection.

*Got all classes now.

[quote name='bobo2k4']So far lucked out with the Geth Engineer, Geth SMG and the Harpoon gun. Loving the Harpoon since it reloads faster than my Widow.[/QUOTE]

Sucks that the Harpoon uncloaks you when you charge it.

bah!
saved up over 100,000 credits and bought the Premium Spectre pack. got 2 'rare' assault rifles. LAME!

all I want is crap for my pistol, or a new pistol.

I'm gonna be jumping back into the multiplayer for a few days if anyone wants to play. I think I'm near the end of the game, so I want to get my % back up to 100.

I'll play, add me to your friendlist and send an invite if I'm on. I generally do Gold now but it's kind of boring with everybody doing FB White all the time.

PS3 users can finally participate in Bioware's weekend events. Starting today at 6pm PST w/ Operation Exorcist.

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms.
Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.

Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack. 
Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.

Bioware

So, the Squad goal seems pretty straightforward, but what about the Allied Goal? How many phantoms do I personally need to kill? is 1 enough to get the Victory Pack?

Just kill one at least. More is better though ;). Don't forget to have the "upload feedback to Bioware" option enabled.

Finally got ME3 when Amazon had it for $30. Most of the people I know have it on 360 so if anyone wants to play co-op on PS3, I'm looking for others to play with!

Normal end game spoilers ahead.

I finally finished ME3 and wow, I thought all the bad ending reports were just over hyped but wow, I was pretty sad after such a huge epic journey it came to that end. I played ME2 3 times I think nearing the 200 hour total mark, me3 was about 45 hours I think for my play through. I kept thinking as I neared the end, there has to be more coming, another area to open up or something. Just felt let down and I don't want to seem like I'm whining on the internet but there it is.

Still a good game.

Anyone else having issues with multiplayer staying connected? I keep getting messages saying I've lost connection to the EA Servers when loading into a match and it's happening a lot the past couple of days. Also getting total PS3 freeze in certain matches as well.

Argh!!! 3am and Just spent 20 minutes on a match and with the last 5 seconds to go I get "Lost Connection to the EA Severs"....total waste of time!!!

So can anyone vouch for how useful the armor/weapon(s) you get from playing the ME3 demo are in Kingdoms Of Amalur? I ask because I don't wanna download the ME3 demo, play through it and then realize they suck after having spent the time to do all that.

bread's done
Back