Mass Effect (360) - 19.99 at Amazon

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Whoa, whoa, don't start the lynch quite yet. Five year old game and MSRP, but this thing shot up for some stupid reason when ME3 came out. Used games go for over 40USD at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...-20&ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1332220642&sr=1-1&seller=

Start yourself on the trilogy, pick up a sealed copy for the collector in you, or make a comment on my gamertag and the fact I'm posting this topic. Up to you.

[quote name='roymustang']The comic thing is called Mass Effect 2: Genesis, i thought it was free but apparently its 320 points (lame). It lets you make the major choices of ME1 and then import them into ME2

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-2-Genesis/e3ba648a-2828-4009-8f21-ba3fe6ca1dd1

Otherwise there's the free video entitled "The Story So Far" narrated by Martin Sheen which very briefly recaps the events of the first game but you can't make any choices or anything.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Story-So-Far-Trailer-HD/00000000-0000-400b-80bf-0035454108ce

[/QUOTE]

Genesis was free w/Cerberus Network code in the PS3 version of the game since they can't get ME 1. 360 fans complained on BSN wanting it and Bioware made it available for $4. The only problem with doing Genesis is that it assumes you did no side quests in 1 so a lot of stuff that appears in 2 and 3 regarding side quests won't show up. This includes the colony on Feros that dies as it assumes you didn't do everything necessary to save them, just the bare minimum to get what you needed and left.

And what's so hard to believe MS did a limited reprint of the game trying to get some money while the iron's hot? They don't see a dime on the $25-$40 used copies being sold out there.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I'm hoping for a Special Edition Trilogy with all DLC[/QUOTE]

It could be a little difficult with Microsoft publishing the first and EA the next two. If it does happen, it'll likely be on the next generation of consoles.

I love ME 2 and 3 but this one not so much. Controls and options are a real step back if you have played the next 2. You should be able to go back to getting this anywhere in the next month or so after "Mass" fever wears off.

[quote name='Jon7']That's completely false, EA actually bought Bioware the month before Mass Effect 1 was released, but at that point Microsoft already had the rights to publish ME1.[/QUOTE]

Wow I'm an idiot. I had no idea!

Well I still love the games, but sorry for the false info.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Yep. PC is golden when it comes to ME. If you want to go that route, snatch up the collectors edition for ME2 that's been sitting on AWD for weeks.[/QUOTE]

What is AWD?

Its also $20 on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I bought it back a few years ago when I got my 360 and couldn't find a decent used copy of it (all the local shops that had a copy had discs that looked like they were baby toys.)

Hopefully this is indicative of a full on reprint, stores in my area haven't had new copies of ME1 for months, and GameStop's price for a used copy is highway robbery.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I currently have duplicates of the first two games. I received the first Mass Effect for christmas when it first came out. I recently won a copy of Limited Collector's Edition. I'm keeping that baby sealed. Last year I bought Mass Effect 2 for $20, and I recently bought the PS3 copy again from BBY to play the DLC. $5 you cant go wrong. Mass Effect 3 is in the mail. I definitely love this series![/QUOTE]

ExpertZone?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Hopefully this is indicative of a full on reprint, stores in my area haven't had new copies of ME1 for months, and GameStop's price for a used copy is highway robbery.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]

nuff said

Great... Damn Amazon gets a restock the day I go to a store and buy one. I even checked last night and Amazon didn't even have any in stock.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']I prefer a used copy because I'm currently boycotting them over the ending of ME3.

I know, I know, it's weird.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I bought one. Again. I sold mine to Amazon a year ago but after realizing my OG femshep wouldn't transfer over because I switched xboxeseses I need this again. +1 for using $10 promo ME3 credit towards this :D

[quote name='finsfan0210']Its also $20 on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I bought it back a few years ago when I got my 360 and couldn't find a decent used copy of it (all the local shops that had a copy had discs that looked like they were baby toys.)[/QUOTE]

If I'm reading correctly, the XBLA version is just the base game - the Platinum Hits version has the DLC as well as a bunch of other extras.

[quote name='argyle']If I'm reading correctly, the XBLA version is just the base game - the Platinum Hits version has the DLC as well as a bunch of other extras.[/QUOTE]

it's just some crappy gamer pics and a theme that was meant for the original 360 dashboard. I used to have it. Useless. It does come with Pinnacle Station, which is useless as well. And only $5. I did forget if the plat comes with the Extra asteroid mission or not but meh to that too, EXCEPT. That ties in with a small thing in ME3.

[quote name='AshesofWake']it's just some crappy gamer pics and a theme that was meant for the original 360 dashboard. I used to have it. Useless. It does come with Pinnacle Station, which is useless as well. And only $5. I did forget if the plat comes with the Extra asteroid mission or not but meh to that too, EXCEPT. That ties in with a small thing in ME3.[/QUOTE]

That is incorrect. It comes with Bring Down the Sky, which is an awesome DLC, and has some minor ties into both 2 and 3. The rest of the content (videos, gamerpics, old wallpapers, etc.) is identical to the bonus disk from the CE plus one additional video.

Bring Down the Sky is the only 1 of the 2 ME 1 DLC's you should worry about. Pinnacle Station absolutely sucks, and if you're trying to do a Hardcore/Insanity only playthrough that mission can cause you to have to turn down the difficulty to finish/get the achievements and then invalidate your hardcore/insanity playthrough.

Although if you end up with a regular version of ME 1, Bring Down the Sky is only $1 now (80 points.) Pinnacle Station I believe is still full price, but again, crappy and not worth it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Bring Down the Sky is the only 1 of the 2 ME 1 DLC's you should worry about. Pinnacle Station absolutely sucks, and if you're trying to do a Hardcore/Insanity only playthrough that mission can cause you to have to turn down the difficulty to finish/get the achievements and then invalidate your hardcore/insanity playthrough.

Although if you end up with a regular version of ME 1, Bring Down the Sky is only $1 now (80 points.) Pinnacle Station I believe is still full price, but again, crappy and not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Pinnacle Station is pretty much just them throwing you in one of a handful of rooms filled with enemies and seeing how long you can survive. There's next to no narrative to it. It is absolutely not worth the price of admission.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I ordered a copy. I got Mass Effect 2 for $5 from Best Buy so I figured I should start out with this first.[/QUOTE]

If you want the most complete story, then yes, you should play all three. Be prepared to invest about 100+ hours though if you plan on playing through all the content of all three games though.

Did the ME1 Limited Edition only come out for 360? I have 2 & 3 LE's for PC but wanted to see if I could sniff one out for PC; however, I don't even know if one was released for PC.

EDIT: Aw crap ... sorry for the double post.

[quote name='fortunado']Did the ME1 Limited Edition only come out for 360? I have 2 & 3 LE's for PC but wanted to see if I could sniff one out for PC; however, I don't even know if one was released for PC.

EDIT: Aw crap ... sorry for the double post.[/QUOTE]
I believe the LE for ME1 was a 360 exclusive.

[quote name='Thrinn']I believe the LE for ME1 was a 360 exclusive.[/QUOTE]

And it was a Gamestop.com exclusive in the US, one of the reasons it's value is higher, even opened, than the other 2 CE.

I just sold a ME 1 360 CE opened in near mint conditition on Amazon last month for $170. Really with the PH version having the same bonus content plus DLC, the CE is useless except for the Gears 1 CE style oversized tin that holds everything, the mini history book, and the mini artbook (which isn't necessary if you have the full-sized artbook that was bundled with the strat guide as the CE guide bundle which I still have.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']That is incorrect. It comes with Bring Down the Sky, which is an awesome DLC, and has some minor ties into both 2 and 3. The rest of the content (videos, gamerpics, old wallpapers, etc.) is identical to the bonus disk from the CE plus one additional video.

Bring Down the Sky is the only 1 of the 2 ME 1 DLC's you should worry about. Pinnacle Station absolutely sucks, and if you're trying to do a Hardcore/Insanity only playthrough that mission can cause you to have to turn down the difficulty to finish/get the achievements and then invalidate your hardcore/insanity playthrough.

Although if you end up with a regular version of ME 1, Bring Down the Sky is only $1 now (80 points.) Pinnacle Station I believe is still full price, but again, crappy and not worth it.[/QUOTE]

whoops you are correct. I thought it was the other way around but yeah pinnacle stattion shit.

It looks like Amazon is selling a good amount, since they are under the 999+ limit now. Currently, they have 959 copies available and just sold one to me. :)

Sort of makes me regret trading in my old copy for $5 to Gamestop two years ago, but, oh well . . . I beat it and saved my game, so I guess I really didn't need it anymore. In fact I just beat ME:2 over the weekend.

I wanted to start from the beginning as a Lady Shepard so I may just pick this and part 2 back up. I really wish I didn't sell these in the first place, being broke sucks long plump juicy Hot Dogs..... I would start over on my PC since I have ME1 and 2 on it (Damn you steam sales) but I have all the ME2 dlc on my 360 so eh.

I hope they have a triple pack soon. Wanna get all the same time. $20 is too much for me for a game that old. $10 and below is what I want.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I hope they have a triple pack soon. Wanna get all the same time. $20 is too much for me for a game that old. $10 and below is what I want.[/QUOTE]

Going to be waiting a long time, Microsoft has ME 1 and Tales of Vesperia on severe lockdown and WILL NOT let those games be released on PS3 in the West. (Vesperia had a revamped version w/an additional character released on PS3 in Japan only.)

For those just picking the game up and needing pointers, don't be afraid of bumping up the ME 1 thread in the 360 forum. We're friendly CAG's and always happy to help.

Thank OP! This post came at a very good time especially since prices skyrocketed all of a sudden for this game. Now I am able to purchase ME 1 and a somewhat reasonable price - which I did. I should be getting it sometime today, yay! :applause: Now if only EA would take my order out of processing and mail ME 2.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Going to be waiting a long time, Microsoft has ME 1 and Tales of Vesperia on severe lockdown and WILL NOT let those games be released on PS3 in the West. (Vesperia had a revamped version w/an additional character released on PS3 in Japan only.)[/QUOTE]

That was the main reason why I ended up looking for Xbox versions of ME, since the first one was never released on the PS3.

As for Tales of Vesperia, I kinda gave up on a PS3 version. So, I started looking for the Xbox version of Tales of Vesperia. While I would I like to have a physical copy, the cost of purchasing it online used or new is kind of expensive. I may end up having to get the digital copy from xbox live - which I think is too much for me right now. So, I am currently on a wait and see mode :cool:

[quote name='prateeko']Didn't NewEgg have Vesperia for $16 a couple weeks ago[/QUOTE]

Why would you pour salt on my wound? :cry: :cool:

Though I can not remember at this moment of why I missed it on Newegg - money or sold out. Hopefully, I will not miss another sale ;)

[quote name='MikeE021286']I never actually got Vesperia, and I placed my order. They had to give me a refund.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me as well. I really wanted to pick that up too.

Grabbed one. Thanks OP. I sold my copy years ago, and I've been itching to play through the entire trilogy again as a pure Renegade.

[quote name='MikeE021286']I never actually got Vesperia, and I placed my order. They had to give me a refund.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RabbitSuit']That happened to me as well. I really wanted to pick that up too.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that my fellow sufferers - one moment you think you have it and then it gets yanked away :cry:

[quote name='quirkers']Why would you pour salt on my wound? :cry: :cool:

Though I can not remember at this moment of why I missed it on Newegg - money or sold out. Hopefully, I will not miss another sale ;)[/QUOTE]

It is $30 on Games on Demand so while high for a 4-year old game, it's better than the $40 used price @ GameStop.

My Mass Effect 1 came in today, I am pretty psyched about it - :D might play it soon. I figure between 1 and 2, I will be too busy to worry about the hoopla surrounding ME3's ending. Don't know what it is and don't want to know.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It is $30 on Games on Demand so while high for a 4-year old game, it's better than the $40 used price @ GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is completely true. Though it makes me wonder if there is a way to check what the sales (profitwise for Microsoft) are for TOV on Games on Demand. :whistle2:k

Anyway, it is a bit too high for me right now :cry: so I will wait and hope for a nice sale somewhere. I just finished purchasing an xbox :whee: and some games to go with it. Then there are some PS3 games that need finishing up.

bread's done
Back