Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

[quote name='Se7en69']Yeah, I am from Hialeah. Glad I finally found something useful and could help out other people! I found it funny how they had a ton of copies at noon, and by 4 p.m. per someones post, they had no more![/quote]

Yep.. Damn I have to wait till the 20th :( I was sooo madd.

so I guess walmart is not gonna ship my copy early(still says processing).......if anyone has any luck cancelling post how/what to do here.

EDIT: nevermind, I cancelled it. I called customer service, no problem...

I called a Kmart in Central NJ, the guy said he has four copies, but can't sell them. He says that they have a new system where it gets flagged if something sells earlier, and security comes to the checkout.

Checked the St. Clair Shores K-mart and they didn't have any in the case. Asked the clerk and she asked me, "Are you the one who called?" Heh.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']None in southern Maine/ northern New Hampshire. Damn, risked getting hepatitis from that skanky store for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware there were still KMarts in Northern nH

[quote name='Artanas']http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2993150&Sku=GAME-XB3%20MIC%20M59033&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE

Tigerdirect is showing it as available as well.[/quote]

I called the local TigerDirect outlet in Naperville, IL and they said it wasn't available in the store, only online.

Also, apparently some people who ordered on toysrus.com have received their copies? I can't confirm it though. Too bad next day shipping is $19, plus they charge tax.

Mass Effect was on the shelves at the Ross Park Kmart (Pittsburgh). I would have picked it up if I wasn't getting it for free in a few weeks.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up if they are in Pgh they can find Mass Effect there this week!

I just got done chatting with a Newegg customer service rep after seeing my order for Mass Effect being stuck in Step 3 status for the past several days. He said my order was for a game that was street-dated for November 20th, so it would not be shipped until then :(

At least he let me cancel the order easily enough. Hope you guys who ordered through Newegg have better luck.

Just called the Toys R Us by Parmer Lane in Austin and they said they had it. I'm going over there now to see if they'll sell it. Will update post when I'm back.

Edit:
Just got back.... I dunno wtf just happened. I asked for the game at the counter, they checked the M rated display case and it wasn't there. So they check the computer, and it says they have 8 copies in the store. They then go to the back and check, not there either, then they're checking all the boxes that are lying around the counter that were just shipped to them that day. Nope. So then they check the last place they guess it would be somewhere in the back of the store and it's not there. After 30 minutes of searching, the only excuse they can come up with is "I dunno what to tell you... the system says we have 8 copies but we can't find it." After they told me that, I was about to knock over one of their display cases , but there were too many damn children running around screaming for Mario Galaxy.

Finally the west coast gets some love...

Just picked up a copy at kmart in Pleasant Hill, CA

They had about three copies left, so good luck

Searched up and down here in So Cal around Long Beach to LA.
Got nothing. Although I could tell Kmarts were getting tired of being asked about the game.

Update on my story:

As others and myself figured, the asst. manager of the KMart lied to me on Saturday saying I had to call the corporate number to get the contact information for the district manager and today the store manager lied to me saying the district manager did not have a public email address I could send an email to, since the district manager wasn't in the office when I called today.

I have updated consumerist.com and all the consumer affairs divisions of all the newspaper, tv, and news radio stations in the St. Louis area of the now 4 problems (denied access to my property, lied to about jail time, lied to when asking for the district managers contact information, lied to about the district manager's email address) I have with the local KMart.

We'll see what happens.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Update on my story:
... now 4 problems (denied access to my property, lied to about jail time, lied to when asking for the district managers contact information, lied to about the district manager's email address) I have with the local KMart.

We'll see what happens.[/quote]

First question, (and I'm just shooting in the dark here) is why K-Mart would care. I think it's safe to say that K-Mart is typically at the bottom in terms of retailers (lower than Walmart) at least where I'm at anyways.

Second question, on the last three problems, what kind of liability does K-Mart have for not disclosing corporate information. Honestly, I don't see why K-Mart has to provide the information you requested. It's what I could deem as "privileged information". Granted I haven't looked at your earlier posts so let me go back and see about that first problem (e.g., denied access to my property).

Third question, and this is more of a statement for folks to ponder. At what point would the negative PR generated by the incident out weigh the possible fines that could be leived on K-Mart for another instance of breaking the street date? I think that's the bottom line an executive at K-Mart would be looking at. Unless the negative PR out weighs the fine, I don't think they are going to budge much.

Just my .02.

Let's spin this back to topic. Anyone who ordered off toysrus.com did they ship or plan to ship at least before release date? I learned my 25 dollar gift card from Mario Galaxy is able to be used online, I'd like to place an order, but unsure of the situation. Enlighten me?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Update on my story:

As others and myself figured, the asst. manager of the KMart lied to me on Saturday saying I had to call the corporate number to get the contact information for the district manager and today the store manager lied to me saying the district manager did not have a public email address I could send an email to, since the district manager wasn't in the office when I called today.

I have updated consumerist.com and all the consumer affairs divisions of all the newspaper, tv, and news radio stations in the St. Louis area of the now 4 problems (denied access to my property, lied to about jail time, lied to when asking for the district managers contact information, lied to about the district manager's email address) I have with the local KMart.

We'll see what happens.[/quote]

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, someone needs to kick your mother's ass for raising such a melodramatic kid. You tried to pull one over on them by duping an obviously uninformed employee, they caught it, you didn't get away with it, get over it. You didn't get your way. Stop whining.

[quote name='hootie']MSU should already be perma-banned for posting the CoD4/CoD3 $30 CC glitch on the fuck ing IGN forums. Idiot.[/quote]

THAT WAS HIM?

THanks buddy. youre the reason I had to go to best buy -_-V

In response to MSU's constant beotching.

WAIT TIL THE 20th. Play something else, You tried and failed against Kmart, and got outsmarted. boo freaking ho. Wait til next week.

Anyone find any in the Phoenix AZ area? I read that CA is just getting them so I'm hoping we might've too. I been checking around and calling like crazy but no dice.

[quote name='Shadowcide']Anyone find any in the Phoenix AZ area? I read that CA is just getting them so I'm hoping we might've too. I been checking around and calling like crazy but no dice.[/quote]

Dude I have been looking all over Phoenix, Glendale, and Scottsdale but no luck. I got a lead about a TRU on 75th AVE and Bell having copies but that was a no go. I also heard that most of the Wal-Marts have it in stock but the one by me (I-17 and Happy Valley) didn't have it or were sold out. I'm calling all of the Wal-Marts tomorrow morning and if I find one that has it, I'll PM you if I can and then post it on here.

Awesome... thank you. And likewise, I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

The TRU at Metro said they have them, but when I got there the kid at the counter wouldn't sell me one... :bomb:

I need to try again when someone less responsible is working :roll:

[quote name='flatliner718']Let's spin this back to topic. Anyone who ordered off toysrus.com did they ship or plan to ship at least before release date? I learned my 25 dollar gift card from Mario Galaxy is able to be used online, I'd like to place an order, but unsure of the situation. Enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are breaking street online. I'll have my copy tomorrow, tracking has it on its way here as of 9:30 PM est. Took 1 day to process, can't say for sure on other shipping options, used my gift card and ponied up next-day air. Weird, East coast has it going from Columbus, OH (Relatively close to me) to KY. I suppose thats how next-day is routed though, multiple folks at GFaqs have gotten TRU online orders out to them, I ordered yesterday.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Yes they are breaking street online. I'll have my copy tomorrow, tracking has it on its way here as of 9:30 PM est. Took 1 day to process, can't say for sure on other shipping options, used my gift card and ponied up next-day air. Weird, East coast has it going from Columbus, OH (Relatively close to me) to KY. I suppose thats how next-day is routed though, multiple folks at GFaqs have gotten TRU online orders out to them, I ordered yesterday.[/quote]

Pretty much the same flight path that they used when they were merged with amazon.com Thanks for the follow up. I ordered 2nd day, and used my 25 dollar GC. Its already been located and everything, glad to know I could possibly get this before the weekend. In other news..... Mario Galaxy reminds me of some fond childhood memories of the Mario 64 system. Although the bonus stages (only one star stage....some are a damn challenge)

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I've still got 2 more KMarts in Michigan I want to search before I give up.[/quote]

Which ones in michigan havent u gone to?

The one in adrian had two copies a few days ago.. Doubtful now though.

You know what this thread is showing me personally?

That someone in some marketing firm should do a team up w/ a marketer and a publisher not just for a 'special limited edition' or some pre-order bonuses, or even full exclusivity, but instead just like "Retailer X will release Publisher Y's game 2 weeks earlier than everywhere else". Following an announcement a full marketing blitz and massive quantities pushed out.

Just my thought....yeah, I know it won't happen, but I'm still thinking about the possibilities....

[quote name='Shadowcide']Awesome... thank you. And likewise, I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

The TRU at Metro said they have them, but when I got there the kid at the counter wouldn't sell me one... :bomb:

I need to try again when someone less responsible is working :roll:[/quote]

Darn, well good thinking anyways. I'm going to try another TRU by me today and see what they say. I also heard that MOST of the Wal-Marts still have them so I will call ahead to make sure. If I find anything, you'll be the first to know.

Well I confirmed that most, if not all, of the TRU's in the Phoenix area received their shipments. However, none of them will sell the game because of the street date. So either the east coast people totally screwed us (thanks guys lol!) or TRU wised up to what was going on. Either way we may have to wait until 11/20 :(

[quote name='cdrober']You know what this thread is showing me personally?

That someone in some marketing firm should do a team up w/ a marketer and a publisher not just for a 'special limited edition' or some pre-order bonuses, or even full exclusivity, but instead just like "Retailer X will release Publisher Y's game 2 weeks earlier than everywhere else". Following an announcement a full marketing blitz and massive quantities pushed out.

Just my thought....yeah, I know it won't happen, but I'm still thinking about the possibilities....[/quote]

They did that at Best Buy with that TV Show Angel, they recieved a Full Series Box set two weeks prior then anyone else. ......." now see if they did that with something more popular, and recent, like games and such........then it would certainly help that such business. How many people would have went to K mart had they not known about this deal.

With all the street date breaking, why doesn't Bioware just drop it and let the game sell everywhere that's got 'em?

[quote name='awp']With all the street date breaking, why doesn't Bioware just drop it and let the game sell everywhere that's got 'em?[/QUOTE]

They couldn't actually do that because they would have a lawsuit against them stating they were false advertising their release date in order to take advantage of the gaming market.. Yeah i know the laws in America Are fucked up.

[quote name='awp']With all the street date breaking, why doesn't Bioware just drop it and let the game sell everywhere that's got 'em?[/quote]

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. The whole point is to get the game SoLD, and you've got rabid slobber-mouthed goons burning for this game.

SET IT FREE!!

[quote name='awp']With all the street date breaking, why doesn't Bioware just drop it and let the game sell everywhere that's got 'em?[/quote]

Thats not in Bioware's power to do so. Microsoft is the Publisher it is their decision

[quote name='Nate512']They couldn't actually do that because they would have a lawsuit against them stating they were false advertising their release date in order to take advantage of the gaming market.. Yeah i know the laws in America Are fucked up.[/quote]

I don't see how somebody would have a proper grievance in a court of law for a game being released early. Especially since the game will still be available on the originally advertised release date. It seems like you would have a better case if a game missed its release date.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I got it from TRU today. will be playing later tonight.[/quote]

How in the heck are people getting it from TRU stores?? There's no possible way that my stores are suddenly intelligent compared to everyone else's. Was it on the shelf or in the back?

[quote name='Muddypoof']Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. The whole point is to get the game SoLD, and you've got rabid slobber-mouthed goons burning for this game.

SET IT FREE!![/quote]

Good god I dont know where to start..

Just cuz a few hundred got copies early, and you didn't, doesnt mean EVERYONE should get it and EVERY store should release it early.

IT WILL STILL SELL!

it doesnt matter, the copies sold early still count as sales, and will still go to their big numbers. Just give it a rest. You can play it in a week.

I got bored of it after a few days.. beat jericho.. then was about to pop in fear files and kane and lynch..

Ahem, this whole post is pointed at MSUHitman which couldn't be anymore of a whiny-ass-emo-dramatic bitch. Also of which I was SO compelled to type this all out from a friend who linked me to the whiny banter of a possibly sexually frustrated man. Onto the greatness.

First of all, you got caught trying to buy a street-dated game before street date...and THEN to top it all off, you tried to buy three of them! Christ man, why didn't you just walk in there with a damn sign on your shirt that said "I'm here to get you fined! Sell me your stuff!" In my opinion, you should've been molested outside by the warehousemen.

The fact that you made this whole fiasco and story WILDLY out of proportion, makes you look like you are trying to be some awesome ass person who defies the laws that the video game industry set so that EVERYONE could have some fun. (Then again, this goes for most of you) You pretty cool there you, date-defying rebel you. Jesus son, get your priorities straight when you want to get something. Think it out, before you try some asinine plan that was sure to fail. In all reality though, it's your greediness that made you fail.

Now allow me to go over some of your statements that you made in your long winded short-story that would never make the saddest of books:

He then says that it's not their problem what other stores do and they face repercussions from the distributor. I advise again the transaction is already complete and I want my property I paid legal tender for. Steve then asks, "Where did you find out about this street date," and Jonathan shows him the top sticker. Steve then says, "I don't care what you tell me sir, this sticker says you can't have this game. These gentlemen will walk you to customer service and give you a refund." I demand to have the district manager's name, phone number, and email address as I've have my property unjustly confiscated and been threatened with jailtime by one of his associates. He tells me that info will be at the customer service desk.
First, it's true. It's not their problem what other stores do, but that was pretty obvious to you right? Now here is where I have some fun. As I have taken business classes and other commerce studies -- the product that you "purchased" is not LEGALLY yours till you leave the store. You could have it in your hands and be at the main doors and get in your car and be in the parking lot, as long as it's the companies’ property, it's not yours. Oh, and for this whole "jail" thing is a little misinterpreted if you ask me. A little miscommunication if I do believe so.

Since most of your paragraphs (although horribly arranged) consist of the exact same thing (this would be a lot of benign bitching from you) I will go ahead and get to the best couple paragraphs that I just simply cannot resist to ignore.

Steve apologizes and says the toll free number is the best they can do. I advise that's pretty pathetic that you can't give my anything other than a generic phone number as where I work if you want someone higher than the store manager, I ask do you want the district manager or the corporate number (I currently work for the Oreck stores in St. Louis.) I ask for a pen and he gives me one so I can write down Steve and Jonathan's names and the toll free K-Mart (I fixed your spelling there) number. I then advise him that's why no one shops at this chain, thanks for nothing as I storm out after laying his pen gently on the desk. He wishes me a good day as I storm out.
See, the man apologizes for what is going on even though it's 90% YOUR fault. At least someone is man enough to take some blame. I do believe your ego could use a little deflating O'More-Holy-Gamer-Than-Thou. The fact that they did not give you the direct number cause simply, they do not have to give it to you. And by the way...the company you work for...Oreck was it? The fact about that is; no one cares about them. You and K-Mart are two HIGHLY different companies in two very separate things. Oh, and the reason why no one shops at K-Mart is not cause YOU had a bad experience. It’s mostly because they have a bad selection of product. (Consumer Report 2007 go ahead and look it up.)

Okay, and now my favorite and final little quote that I have place down here:

If I can get 1-3 copies of the game for free, or a gift card equal to the amount of my original purchase, I think that would be fair compensation for illegal seizure of my property and terroristic threatening by an employee of the store. FYI I have my original purchase receipt, the two bonus receipts it printed out ($15 off a $25 purchase from Nov. 30 to Dec. 2 and $50 off a Sears Outlet Appliance purchase of $200 or more) and my receipt from the return on my credit card.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I could not stop laughing at this. The only and I repeat ONLY reason they would give you ANYTHING is because they are tired of seeing your face (and trust me, I have seen it before) around their establishment that is highly more respected than you. (That was a joke on how little respect you had, get it?) If anything, I would go to K-Mart and warn them about you since all you are is a greedy ass hobo who gets everything handed to them.

Basically in closing, you whine about how you didn’t get anything and how they wanted to “throw you in jail” live with your failure man; because personally, you life is full of it.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you soon, and that shiny car you got. (You might want to go look at your tires.)

Ladies and gents,

Vicarious, your trusty neighborhood troll and kicker of the emo.

[quote name='Pck21']How in the heck are people getting it from TRU stores?? There's no possible way that my stores are suddenly intelligent compared to everyone else's. Was it on the shelf or in the back?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it in-store.

bread's done
Back