Massive game sale at Superstore

kn420994

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is all over Redflagdeals, but it seems like many Superstore locations are having an unadvertised sale on games. Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition and UFC Undisputed 3 are among the titles that are selling for $15. None of the Superstores near me carry electronics, but hopefully some of you can take advantage of this sale.

All the details are here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-...ns-xbox-360-ps3-nintendo-ds-ds3d-wii-1204808/

Damn, went back to the brampton location today. They still have a ton of wii titles but dont expect any mario or major 1st party nintendo games to be on sale, or if they were on sale, in stock.

I did notice ounchout for $7 and rayman origins for $10 along eith some professor layton game on sale for $12.

I was hoping to catch a dualshock 3 for $15 and asked the csr if the price was any different, but the new ones are apparently not on sale.

This location pretty kuch had only the new ps3 controllers in stock with the blue packaging even before the sale anyways, not many of the red packaging ones. Bummer.

Also should mention that the 360 has some great games in the fixation near the front entrance. Dark souls, shadows of the damned... Etc

Ps3 had the same games from the last time i posted, except resistance and god of war are gone. I did see modnation racers however and some ufc game( I think it was undisputed 2010 but wasnt too interested so I ignored it)

Sheesh, another major clearance sale went by and I still never got shadow of the colussus or a dualshock 3.

Didnt get it back during the hmv clearance neither.

[quote name='refinedsugar']That is the best $12 bucks you've ever saved.

I thought about heading over there yesterday, but not knowing if they had an electronics dept or not, killed that idea pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

I would have if i were you. i didn't find out till it was late last and the department would have been closed.

[quote name='Eoyote']Aw, so they did have Amalur and MK. Guess I should have gone earlier. Has anyone in Calgary checked out the Southport Road Superstore (Macleod Trail)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just came back from there. I picked up the following:

Punch-Out! - $7
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - $15
Alan Wake - $12
FlingSmash (with Wiimote+) - $15

As for things that I saw there (those that I can remember):

The Darkness II (360) - $15
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - $15
Resistance 1 and 2 - $12
Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3) - $12
Dragon Age 2 (PS3) - $12
Fifa Soccer (Vita) - $15
Unit 13 (Vita) - $15

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I would have if i were you. i didn't find out till it was late last and the department would have been closed.[/QUOTE]

I called, but that one store in particular has an automated answering system and there was no extension for an electronics dept. I didn't feel like making a long trip to find out or trying to get an actual person on the line at that point. I was happy with what I had already picked up at Portland St.

Hey does anyone know if theres a time at which all RCS open or if it depends on which location?

EDIT: Sorry, I found my store's hours on the webpage.

[quote name='Lockescythe']saiki shadow of the colossus ico collection is 1999 at eb right now. Might as well just grab it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Nameless1']Anything good left at Grandview store in Vancouver?
Only really looking at Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom.[/QUOTE]

I was just at Grandview, I didn't see UMvC. About the only decent game left with reasonable stock was Shadows of the Damned (which I already have). There's still a half decent selection of mediocre titles though, enough to make looking seem worthwhile.
I snagged myself DQM Joker 2, and they still have some left.

Sale confirmed in Kelowna BC store. Picked up Ico/SotC $12, MW3 headset for 360 $15, Mass Effect 3 for PS3 for $15 and decided to grab Forza 4 at retail price. Nice sale!

[quote name='refinedsugar']I called, but that one store in particular has an automated answering system and there was no extension for an electronics dept. I didn't feel like making a long trip to find out or trying to get an actual person on the line at that point. I was happy with what I had already picked up at Portland St.[/QUOTE]

i had to get on phone with customer service to connect me but when i first called Customer Service was ringing for like .. 5-10 minutes. then i hung up called back few mins later waited no more then 5 mins they connected me to Electronics and sat and wait for like no more then 3 mins and it was a quick conversation to hear 3 nopes ! i should have asked about White Knight Chrinicles 2 cause i want that for at most $19.99 i refuse to pay $30 for it cause i know it can go cheaper. i decided lately to get it and i decided way past the EB Sale.

[quote name='Derfel']Yeah, I think the only systems they're clearing out are PSPs ($65). You could grab some cheap qualifiers and get the hardware bump at EB for a pink 3DS? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm so terrible at finding qualifiers and all of that. Plus I work weekends, so I'm assuming by the time I actually have a chance to go and hunt for some at RCSS (Monday) everything will be long gone, if they're not gone already. :( I'm probably going to just buy one at full price this week, kind of kicking myself for forgetting that EB had them on sale until a few days ago.

Ya the sale is on at the Superstore in Kelowna. Dead Space 2 was at $10, unfortunatly it was sold out.
Picked up Starfox 3DS for $12 so.....score!

Made another stop at my local RCSS. I grabbed Dragon Age II (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), Soul Caliber V (PS3), Driver San Francisco (360), Need For Speed Shift 2 (360), Need For Speed The Run (360), Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (360), Devil May Cry Collection (360) and a Nyko 360 Charging Station at regular price. $147 for everything, taxes included. Not much left there, I should have grabbed everything I wanted when I first went there yesterday. I hate those stupid glass cabinets. Once again, HUGE thank you to kn420994!

Last edited by a moderator:
What materialz said. No doubt I helped pick it even cleaner. A dude that was standing near me gave me the biggest stink eye when he saw what I had in my hands. LOL

I went to the Kelowna Superstore and picked up a decent amount, in my opinion.

PS Vita - in-ear headset/microphone - $12 [was one left when I left]
Unit 13 for $15 (my happiest purchase. Was looking for this to go on sale for quite a while!) Very happy to get it for

Yeah man I think you did pretty good. I just bought Dark Souls at Best Buy for 19.99, would have bought it at superstore and returned the other, but they were all gone when I got there last night.

I actually didn't even know there was a sale on, I was just heading to go get forza using my gas coupons lol. WHAM! cheap games!

Last night pretty much all that I saw left was UMvC3 on PS3, BF3 on PS3, uncharted dual pack, resistance dual pack, LA Noire and Heavy Rain (really wishing I got that..anyone in Kelowna pick an extra one up?). As far as I remember the 360 section was almost cleared out of anything good. I'm not too into fighting games so I don't really remember what they had.

I envy the lot of you.
In Vancouver, everything is cleared out.
I really, really wanted the XBOX Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and the HD collections.

It is also unfortunately that all the stores that have the sale are at least an hour away.
It is not worth it for me to drive and kill the planet on a wild goose chase.

Oh well.
Can't be winning everyday.

[quote name='CoachHines']You guys are competing with RFD hoarders, there is no way anyone will find anything unless you get lucky.[/QUOTE]

I agree... but we can look on the bright side, I have a Job, a Life.. and I can afford to buy expensive luxury items like a sports car~ 50 cheap video games for 500 dollars can't compare to driving down the streets in a sweet sports car~

I didn't even bother checking the West Edmonton store on Friday, although I probably should have. The only titles I'm interested in is Kingdoms of Amular, and the Ico/Shadows bundle which I knew would be long gone. I did swing by the RCSS in St. Albert but they're not having any sort of sale, I'll post if they do though.

[quote name='Faytz']I agree... but we can look on the bright side, I have a Job, a Life.. and I can afford to buy expensive luxury items like a sports car~ 50 cheap video games for 500 dollars can't compare to driving down the streets in a sweet sports car~[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :roll:

[quote name='Faytz']I agree... but we can look on the bright side, I have a Job, a Life.. and I can afford to buy expensive luxury items like a sports car~ 50 cheap video games for 500 dollars can't compare to driving down the streets in a sweet sports car~[/QUOTE]

Yet you have an account on CAG :roll:

I concur. Life > being douche hoarder.

[quote name='dotcody']i wouldn't go as far as to call a miata a sports car or an expensive luxury item.[/quote]
Is that what hes actually bragging about, a Miata? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a second haul yesterday:
$7 Dead to Rights: Retribution (XBox 360) - Amazing game for 7 bucks! Pick it up if you see it!
$7 Fat Princess: Fistfuls of Cake (PSP)
$7 ModNation Racers (PSP)
$10 Apha Protocol (XBox 360)
$12 Spongebob Squigglepants (3DS) - A spongebob ripoff of WarioWare, fun!
$12 Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (3DS)
$15 Resonance of Fate (XBox 360)

I'm disappointed I didn't find more Nintendo first parties such as Starfox 3D, Pokémon Rumble, Pokémon Platinum, Flingsmash. Oh well, still got a great haul of awesome games, between this and my other post!

I went back to my nearest superstore on Saturday just to see if they had restocked or anything. They had dropped Resistance 3 to $15 and I was tempted, but decided to pass. $10 and it would have been mine. There were copies of UFC 3 for the PS3 still left which surprised me, but everything else worthy of note was gone. Oh except ME3 for both consoles. Man oh man they still had a ton of copies. At this point, I don't know if you could give that game away. I imagine hoarders who bought 10+ copies of that and now have the burden of selling them off and I laugh. Going by the long ass thread at RFD, the only thing I didn't see that would have interested me was Dead Space 2 for $10.

I haven't seen it posted in this thread, but Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies is $10 if you can find it. My store had a few copies the first day I went in, but I'd already paid $20 for it at Best Buy two days before (ugh, whatever). Also, the price of Call of Juarez: The Cartel has dropped from $12 to $10.

[quote name='ShyYoshi']anything left in the Vancouver location? if so, what are the deals?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you are looking for.
North Van and Grandview is basically cleaned out.
I think a lot of people can verify that.
You can always go, but don't get your hope up high.

I called Pitt Meadows and Langley yesterday afternoon, and they still have a decent sized XBox selection, which is the only thing I am interested in and know of.
I remember the Pitt Meadows one clearly, because the department does not have a phone, and she was nice enough to run back and forth for me.
However, most of the new and popular titles are gone, and only 2nd tier and older titles are available.

In the Langley one, there are a couple of shooters, lots of sports game, and copies of Dead Space 2.
There was a Halo Reach limited edition, but it was gone soon after I called.
I don't know about the specifics of Port Moody, but the rep sounded like as if there were still quite a bit left.
It just had nothing I wanted.
If you want, go and test your luck.
I would not hold high hopes though.

Weston Rd. Location (Toronto) had no such sale, the CSR assured me.

I did pick up a copy of Child of Eden for $12 and NHL 09 for $6 (and if I had known the servers had been shut down and I couldn't get the online cheevos, wouldn't have done that). I remember seeing Call of Juarez: The Cartel for $12, but decided against it.

[quote name='ShyYoshi']Looking for 3ds and ps3 games. anything in vancouver area? or langley?[/QUOTE]

The best advice I have for you is call the store to ask them for specific titles.
Then you can determine if it is worth it to go or not.

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Also, the price of Call of Juarez: The Cartel has dropped from $12 to $10.[/QUOTE]

At my local RCSS you could get the 360 version for $10, but they wanted $12 for the PS3 version ... or vice versa. Weird.

They still have a few things at the Southport Road location.

Blue Wii Remotes w/ Motion Plus.
FFXIII-2 PS3
Shadows of the Damned
UFC
Steel Diver
Infamous
Fear 3
Blur
Resistance

etc

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Yet you have an account on CAG :roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually i don't. i only check back for flyers, maybe daily deals from eb games and to see when bestbuy does their online sale so i can preorder my games.

Managed to pick up quite a few Nintendo first party titles on tax-free day while n00bs were picking through the worthless 360 games:

Rhythm Heaven Fever - $10
Dragon Quest VI - $10
Pokepark 2 - $15
Unwound Future - $10
Last Specter - $10
Diabolical Box - $10
a few more that I forgot

Wanted but couldn't find:
Sonic Generations PS3 - $10
ME3 PS3 - $15
Star Fox 3DS - $10

[quote name='TidalDreams']
Rhythm Heaven Fever - $10
Dragon Quest VI - $10
Pokepark 2 - $15
Unwound Future - $10
Last Specter - $10
Diabolical Box - $10
a few more that I forgot

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty damn jealous of that haul. I have already owned all those Layton games and Dragon Quest since before the sale but I got them for a bit more than this sale's price, I've also been wanting Rythym Heaven for a while but haven't wanted to spend $20 on it since I don't know if I'd be largely into it. Someone said they got a Flingsmash with WiiRemote+ either in this thread or the RFD one and I'm very jealous of that person too!

[quote name='TeaBisquit']I'm pretty damn jealous of that haul. I have already owned all those Layton games and Dragon Quest since before the sale but I got them for a bit more than this sale's price, I've also been wanting Rythym Heaven for a while but haven't wanted to spend $20 on it since I don't know if I'd be largely into it. Someone said they got a Flingsmash with WiiRemote+ either in this thread or the RFD one and I'm very jealous of that person too![/QUOTE]

Just remembered I also picked up Kirby Superstar Ultra and KH: Recoded for $10 each. All the others I picked up were for PS3 and aren't too noteworthy.

[quote name='TidalDreams']Just remembered I also picked up Kirby Superstar Ultra and KH: Recoded for $10 each. All the others I picked up were for PS3 and aren't too noteworthy.[/QUOTE]

I recently got that Kirby for $20 :| And I've seen that Kingdom Hearts around for $20, been tempted, but heard it's hard to jump into at that game. I haven't seen any of the games you're listing for which I'm expressing jealousy at my local RCSS though.

Just got back from a trip to superstore to return something, and I took another look at the game section.

I grabbed the last copy of Bulletstorm LE from the bin for $7 and got FFXIII-2 for $15, there was one copy of that left after I took mine. Other than that everything else was shovelware to me.

They had Heavy Rain, but the price on it went back up to $39.99.

West Side Saskatoon location on Monday I got:
SSX - XBOX 360 ($15) (still at least 6 copies)
NFS: The Run - PS3 ($15)
R&C All For One - PS3 ($15)

Still had some other good stuff on the shelves that I either wasn't interested in or already have.

The Georgetown RCSS had some titles on sale, but I didn't note the titles. Titles on sale were in the display case and in their clearance rack (located to the right side of the store, across where the display cases are). I saw a bunch of big game hunters, sing star and one halo reach collectors set for $25.

Langley BC still has some stuff for 360 and PS3.
For 360, I see SSX, UFC, Alan Wake and Alice.
I think Driver is still there too.

bread's done
Back