Massive Return Problem

frenchninja112

CAGiversary!
I brought my 360 refurbished (1st mistake:bomb:) from Gamecrazy on August 20 2007 with the 12 month warranty from Gamecrazy. I moved to Pasco,Washington in September of 2007 and in October my 360 started to make this weird noise so i decided to jsut return for a new one and pay the difference. So I walk into my local gmecrazy and they tell me this" We can not take back 360's within their first year because Microsoft threatened to sue us." So I'm thining well I'll just call Microsoft and tell them what the GC sales Asscoiate told me and on the first call the customer service agent told me that Microsoft only does Xbox live refunds so at this point I'm getign pissed. I go back to my local GC and tell them what Microsoft told me to which they called the manger and he told me the same thing now i'm really pissed. I call Microsoft back and I autmoatical ask to speak to the Supervisor and after a few minutes of harsh language she gave me a number that the GC sales associate is supposed to type in at the time of refund. So now I'm thinking i finally have justice:D:D! Wrong! I strut into my local GC and give them the number and tell them wut the supervisor told me and shes replies " I don't know what i'm supposed to do with this we don't enter any numbers in when we do refunds" So now I'm stuck with a freaky 360 that randomly freezes and always makes a noise when i turn it off.

Here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXQfZ_PM50

If there are any GC employees that can tell me what I'm am supposed to do please do!

If you bought the warranty they HAVE to let you swap it out.. you cant get a refund.. you just swap it out for another 360.. thats how all warranties work.. they wont give you a refund..

You just swap out the system for another.. I dont know what makes you think you'll get a refund..

Buying a refurb was your first mistake. I bought a used one off ebay not knowing anything about the warrenty, and such. Mine eventually got the 3 red rings, and microsoft would't do anything about it so I sold each part for it on ebay, and mentioned what was wrong with the system. I only lost 100 bucks doing that which is better than being out 300 or more. The 360 I have now is a month away from me having it a year. Come to think about it I've had alot of good times with the 360. Alot of great games, and I mean alot.

When i called microsoft (the second time) I explained my situation and they told me that i was going to get store credit which was just fine with me.

Try taking it to another Game Crazy. You can't swap it and 'pay the difference' for a new one, but you should be able to swap it out for another refurbished one, which pretty much seems like the only thing you can do. If they refuse you on that, then raise hell and demand to go higher up the chain until you get someone who will honor it, and if nothing else call the Better Business Bureau on them: if it's anything like Gamestop, they stopped selling the warranties/product replacement plans, but they're still legally obliged to honor them until they expire.

And, not to sound like a dick, but this is why you want to research a product before plunking down several hundred dollars for it. I almost bought a used 360, and this is exactly why I decided to spend a bit more and buy a new one.

Sent you a PM on who to talk to that works at Gamecrazy that posts on this site, but this is definately a BBB/local media type of story if GC refuses to do anything. I would ask for the district manager/corporate 1 more time and then start raising hell with the BBB and local media.

thx hitman

IOn-- i took to anther one but it wasn't corparate so they couldnt take. But they did tell me that when they do return 360s there IS a number to type in and he just hits enter so i jsut wanted to see who was telling me the truth Corporate or non-coprate

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']You guys are missing what he said.

HE WANTED A REFUND

-_-V[/quote]

This reminds me of a story from last night:

I'm in Quiznos and this crazy lady that barely speaks any English starts yelling about onions. She goes up to the cash register and cuts in front of everybody demanding that they give her a refund because they put onions on her sandwich. After about 5 minutes of yelling us onlookers discover that her family ordered the sub for her and they had ordered her a veggie sub with everything on it. Eventually the lady calmed down enough that they were able to make another sandwich for her. Her fuck ing family never stepped in or apologized.

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']You can't swap it and 'pay the difference' for a new one[/quote]

Yes you absolutely can. This happens all the time. Hell.. had a customer today who refunded his premium and paid up towards an elite. So yes, he would be refunded in store credit, then could pay the difference towards a new one.

I'll tell you and everyone else the same thing I just PM'ed you with, op:

The employee is right. We can't take back systems in the first year when they're new.

But the OP bought his refurbished. He has 90 days, then he bought another year. He's entitled to a different system, or to pay the difference for a new one.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes you absolutely can. This happens all the time. Hell.. had a customer today who refunded his premium and paid up towards an elite. So yes, he would be refunded in store credit, then could pay the difference towards a new one.

I'll tell you and everyone else the same thing I just PM'ed you with, op:

The employee is right. We can't take back systems in the first year when they're new.

But the OP bought his refurbished. He has 90 days, then he bought another year. He's entitled to a different system, or to pay the difference for a new one.[/QUOTE]

Scorch, can I ask you something about the GC warranties? When I bought the launch Elite they would only sell it with the warranty. I NEVER buy warranties but I wanted the system (had waited all Spring for the rumored Elite to come out). Plus, in that very first few days they were hard to get (this far away GC store only had one to sell - all the other ones near me were sold out before they even got them). So I gave in and shelled out for it ($40 I think). Of course, not long afterwards MS announced the 3 year thing - had I known that I definitely would have passed on it. So what exactly do I get with the warranty I paid for now from GC? Does it extend the regular (non-RRoD) warranty from 1 to 2 years (with the second year through GC)? Does it extend the RRoD one to the 4th year through GC? Is there any value to it whatsoever? I didn't mind so much because I paid with credit that cost me about 1/3 of real cash, but I'd like to know how I can use it if I ever need to!

[quote name='io']Scorch, can I ask you something about the GC warranties? When I bought the launch Elite they would only sell it with the warranty. I NEVER buy warranties but I wanted the system (had waited all Spring for the rumored Elite to come out). Plus, in that very first few days they were hard to get (this far away GC store only had one to sell - all the other ones near me were sold out before they even got them). So I gave in and shelled out for it ($40 I think). Of course, not long afterwards MS announced the 3 year thing - had I known that I definitely would have passed on it. So what exactly do I get with the warranty I paid for now from GC? Does it extend the regular (non-RRoD) warranty from 1 to 2 years (with the second year through GC)? Does it extend the RRoD one to the 4th year through GC? Is there any value to it whatsoever? I didn't mind so much because I paid with credit that cost me about 1/3 of real cash, but I'd like to know how I can use it if I ever need to![/quote]
I'm not exactly sure. I've heard to honor it, i've heard to hold to the two year thing (first year is MS, second year is GC).. i'll ask about it.

I do know that if you exchange it in the first year, you get the old serial, the new serial, a document showing the change, and the warranty, take it down to GC and they transfer it to the new system. Or at least put it on file. Though it's not required, if the new one dies, just bring proof you had to send it off.

bread's done
Back