Massive Sales on Adult Swim DVD Seasons @ Amazon!

xGunCrazyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got done spending over $270 on Adult Swim DVD sets on Amazon.com
Check out what I got :p

[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume One"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
C. Martin Croker; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dave Willis; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] "Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 5"
Aqua Teen Hunger Force; DVD; $14.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dana Snyder; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Space Ghost Coast to Coast; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49

"Sealab 2021 - Season 1"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49
"Sealab 2021 - Season 2"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Matt Thompson (III); DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49

"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 1"
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 2"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Gary Cole; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Brak Show, Vol. 1"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Andy Merrill; DVD; $8.99
"The Brak Show, Vol. 2"
Jim Fortier; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Venture Bros. - Season One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99
"The Venture Bros. - Season Two"
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99

"Metalocalypse - Season One"
Dethklok; DVD; $12.99

"Squidbillies, Vol. 1"
Jay Edwards; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Tom Goes to the Mayor - The Complete Series"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Tom Goes to the Mayor; DVD; $13.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

23 DVD sets in all!
Free 2 Day Shipping with my Amazon Prime Trial :applause:

Excellent time to buy some series if you have been thinking about doing so :)

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Picked up the Chicken sets for my neighbor (kind of as an Xmas thank you for letting me leech off her internet), and two season ones of Venture Brothers. One for me, one for a friend. The best part is she'll think I spent $30 on her. Heh heh heh...

[quote name='xycury']I thought VB was teetering off, but they come roaring back and S2 I haven't seriously laughed this hard in a long time.

Sealab is good too, on par with Frisky Dingo, all the same people there.[/quote]

Agree with every single word you said.

"IGNORE ME!"

[quote name='xycury']I thought VB was teetering off, but they come roaring back and S2 I haven't seriously laughed this hard in a long time.

Sealab is good too, on par with Frisky Dingo, all the same people there.[/quote]

Agree with every single word you said.

"IGNORE ME!"

Got all the DVDs earlier today. Feels like Christmas :D

img0101jw1.jpg

img0102my5.jpg

Damn OP. O_O
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Awesome. Filled in a few missing seasons in my collection. Thanks, OP...these prices are amazing.

I wish Home Movies and Mission Hill were included!

[quote name='bmachine']
I wish Home Movies and Mission Hill were included![/quote]

Exactly my thoughts when I made the purchase of all of these DVDs
I sold off my Home Movie DVDs from the Pepsi Stuff deal,
and Mission Hill was one of my favorite shows to watch on Adult Swim this past summer.

Searched for both series before I bought the DVDs, and unfortunately they weren't on sale :(

Will probably end up buying the big 10th Anniversary Edition of Home Movies on Amazon sometime in the future.

darkplace = ftw

In addition to Mission Hill, i'd wish The Oblongs was up too. They had both those sets for $9 and shipping a few years back and didn't pick them up :( (Got Harvey 1 and Venture 1 at that price tho)

thanks, kind alate to the party but nabbed Ventur bro. S2 , metalcopalypse S1(spelling sorry) and Sealab S2.

sealab for my wife because after we got married she got a bit blitzed and sealab was on, the episode with bizzaro in it and she nearly peed herself laughing so hard. To this day she still yells out "bizzaro, bizzaro, bizzaro Im helping yoooouuuu" for no reason... and yes she does have mental problems,thats why she married me. :D

Ok, I caved and got Sealab 2021. Hilarious show that I never got to see the end of, and what pretty boxes they come in too!

[quote name='bigdaddy']
And there is an episode where JKF is having sex with the Pope and then something about nuking Sealab and combustion of a phone. What season is that? :)[/quote]

I think that's definately part of the last season... if I remember right.... now you're making me find out :bomb:

[quote name='Kerig']
But honestly, is it possible for anyone to not love The Venture Bros.?[/quote]

only people that have no soul...

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^My buddy doesn't like it, but VB is by far my favorite AS show. They guy who plays Dean is really cool too (I met him at an AS party- Sorry had to name drop).[/quote]

Like this buddy's buddy

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']
Also, Harvey Birdman>Venture Bros[/quote]

Harvey is good... but I find that VB has a story that sticks with you. I can't seriously see myself watching Harvey over and over like I could with VB.

There is so much to VB, it's blowing my mind. Harvey just isn't deep enough to compare.

[quote name='theflicker']Ok, I caved and got Sealab 2021. Hilarious show that I never got to see the end of, and what pretty boxes they come in too![/quote]

I had only purchased ATHF up to now, so this was a great chance to get 2021 as well. I resisted the rest.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Will probably end up buying the big 10th Anniversary Edition of Home Movies on Amazon sometime in the future.[/quote]

I know you just spent an arseload on animated goodness, but if you want the Home Movies Boxset, now is the time to bite. You can get it at deepdiscount.com for $66.59 shipped after 25% off until the 24th.

As for me, I went with Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist: The Complete Series instead of Home Movies.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21684959

30 hours of the original squigglevision goodness.

[quote name='xycury']I think that's definately part of the last season... if I remember right.... now you're making me find out :bomb:
[/quote]

I don't think it was, because I thought the guy that was holding the phone was the guy who died. I hope it's one of the first two volumes because that's what I was planning on buying.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't think it was, because I thought the guy that was holding the phone was the guy who died. I hope it's one of the first two volumes because that's what I was planning on buying.[/quote]

ok found it, somewhere in season 3, don't know when, have to rewatch to see when, but series 1 and 2 are solid buys.

it was Harry Goz with his role as the voice of Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy that passed away in Sept 03

[quote name='Kerig']I know you just spent an arseload on animated goodness, but if you want the Home Movies Boxset, now is the time to bite. You can get it for $66.59 shipped after 25% off until the 24th.
[/quote]

Where do you see it at this price?
If I had seen it that cheap, would have picked it up along with all the rest of the DVDs I had purchased

Thanks OP, I picked up Space Ghost Coast To Coast Volumes 1-3, Sealab 2021 Seasons 1-2, Tom Goes To The Mayor, and The Brak Show Volume 1.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Where do you see it at this price?
If I had seen it that cheap, would have picked it up along with all the rest of the DVDs I had purchased[/quote]

Stupid me, I forgot to say "at Deepdiscount.com" in my post about the price. You can read all about the sale here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202534

Basically, go to deepdiscount.com and use any of the multitude of codes that are working, including DEEP, and get 25% off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Actually Sealab and others are cheaper (like 20 cents) at DD until tomorrow, but Amazon is better.[/QUOTE]

For New Yorkers, where Amazon now charges tax, DeepDiscount is the better option. 20 cents cheaper to start, but then add in the fact that they don't charge tax, plus no minimum for free shipping.

Well your DD package might not come in one piece through.

I live in MA and they are supposed to charge sales tax but Amazon doesn't. I like that, I don't understand the tax laws.

[quote name='Kerig']I know you just spent an arseload on animated goodness, but if you want the Home Movies Boxset, now is the time to bite. You can get it at deepdiscount.com for $66.59 shipped after 25% off until the 24th.

As for me, I went with Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist: The Complete Series instead of Home Movies.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21684959

30 hours of the original squigglevision goodness.[/QUOTE]
DVDPlanet (also particpating in the 25% off) has Home Movies listed for 3.XX cheaper. This will basically give you the 4% Cashback savings without having to wait for it. I'm thinking about it... and now Dr. Katz. Damn it Kerig!

Too bad the upcoming releases of ATHF Volume 6, Metalocalypse Season 2 or Home Movies aren't included.

Kinda odd they have Futurama included on the AS page considering they moved to Comedy Central nearly a year ago.

I bought a crapload from this sale.

As a heads up, and I'm not sure anyone cares, apparently Metalocalypse is definitely headed for a Blu-ray release down the road. I read an interview with the makers of it and they said when the cartoon was being conceptualized they wanted to make something that would look good on Blu-ray.

[quote name='fiveskin']Boondocks Season 2 just dropped to 15.99...lets hope season 1 is close behind![/quote]

Really? Might have to grab the both of them if season 1 goes on sale as well

[quote name='Ruined']
As a heads up, and I'm not sure anyone cares, apparently Metalocalypse is definitely headed for a Blu-ray release down the road. I read an interview with the makers of it and they said when the cartoon was being conceptualized they wanted to make something that would look good on Blu-ray.[/quote]

That's cool, though one of the perks on buying AS shows on DVD is they always seem to be on sale every few months, so you can get em for like $10-$15 a season if you just wait. Blu-Ray would be nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to pay such a high price for HD quality cartoons. I've got a SD TV, so I don't know no any better, but when I did get the chance to view my PS3 on an HD set, the Metalocapyse shows I had on my hard drive looked pretty good just for being SD. I guess if it were like $30, I wouldn't mind buying it on Blu-Ray, but if I gotta pay Lost Blu-Ray prices, then I'll pass.

[quote name='fiveskin']Boondocks Season 2 just dropped to 15.99...lets hope season 1 is close behind![/quote]

thanks for the heads up.
icon_smile.gif

season 1 was alright for me.

season 2 looks promising though.

Thanks Sandman! That's a smoking deal. Wish I had something else to order for free shipping... although 1.99 is pretty reasonable.
Also, Tom Goes to the Mayor dropped 1.00 to 12.99 on Amazon.

[quote name='sandman007']Venture Bros. Season 1 AND 2 for $12.99 + tax + shipping:

http://entertainment.circuitcity.co...ity-prod&channel=b2c&partner=cc&catOid=-13219[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks. I was tempted at 12.99 each, I'll gladly pay ~$15 for both! As Sonic said, the 1.99 shipping is reasonable. I wish I could pick it up in store since I have one down the street. What happened to their touted Same Price Guarantee or whatever? Maybe a printout will suffice?

[quote name='Chanash']Is sealab 2021 a good show? Is it worth the $33 for all 4 seasons[/quote]

Catch a rerun on Cartoon Network or find an episode on youtube.

it's comic-y gag humor running around mini stories.

If you seen Frisky Dingo, they are the same people... same kind of stuff... GOOD stuff .. but that's imo.

getting all 4 seasons is a STEAL though.

[quote name='Chanash']Is sealab 2021 a good show? Is it worth the $33 for all 4 seasons[/quote]

Once Captain Murphy's VO actor died, the show took a considerable dive in quality IMO.

Seasons 1&2 are great. Season 3 is where the loss of Murphy occured, so there's 2.5 good seasons.

bread's done
Back