Massive Sales on Adult Swim DVD Seasons @ Amazon!

xGunCrazyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got done spending over $270 on Adult Swim DVD sets on Amazon.com
Check out what I got :p

[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume One"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
C. Martin Croker; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dave Willis; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] "Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Vol. 5"
Aqua Teen Hunger Force; DVD; $14.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters for DVD"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Dana Snyder; DVD; $12.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Two"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Space Ghost Coast to Coast; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Volume Three"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Bill Wilner; DVD; $8.49

"Sealab 2021 - Season 1"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49
"Sealab 2021 - Season 2"
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Matt Thompson (III); DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Sealab 2021 - Season 4"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Harry Goz; DVD; $8.49

"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 1"
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 2"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Robert Renzetti; DVD; $8.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Vol. 3"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Gary Cole; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Brak Show, Vol. 1"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Andy Merrill; DVD; $8.99
"The Brak Show, Vol. 2"
Jim Fortier; DVD; $8.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"The Venture Bros. - Season One"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99
"The Venture Bros. - Season Two"
James Urbaniak; DVD; $12.99

"Metalocalypse - Season One"
Dethklok; DVD; $12.99

"Squidbillies, Vol. 1"
Jay Edwards; DVD; $12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
"Tom Goes to the Mayor - The Complete Series"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Tom Goes to the Mayor; DVD; $13.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

23 DVD sets in all!
Free 2 Day Shipping with my Amazon Prime Trial :applause:

Excellent time to buy some series if you have been thinking about doing so :)

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chanash']Is sealab 2021 a good show? Is it worth the $33 for all 4 seasons[/quote]

It's hit and miss. It's absurdist humor at it's most absurd. I personally wouldn't get it when there are better shows in this sale.

Went and ahead and grabbed all 3 volumes of Space Ghost , all 4 volumes of Sealab , both volumes of Brak and volume 2 of Birdman. Great deals for all.

On a related note , I ended up accidentally ordered two copies of Space Ghost volume 1. I haven't returned it to amazon yet , so if someone wanted to buy it (at cost) or trade for it from me before I do....:)

Yeah, I'm not liking the backorder issue. I picked up S1 last week, and S2 with Harvey V.3-- I don't want to risk the double set showing up 30 days from now and not being able to return the unopened V. 1 to Amazon instead. I still consider what I paid a steal, so I can live with it.

got all 3 seasons a few days
icon_smile.gif

hope i can find good deals like this today.

I ordered the venture brothers season one and two I couldn't pass this one up wished I checked the dvd section before ordering my BF games to order this ah well I can't wait to get these sets it's one of my favorite adult swim shows also before ordering I decided to get Moral Orel I wished I got this day one lessons learned I guess I've seen most of the series missed a few here and there, but I just liked how it was going and I hear the last episode should be pretty good I'm glad they were allowed to end it with a few more shows instead of having to end the whole show with no closure or ending. =\

I wanted to get more dvds, but spent too much so only had the money for venture brothers and Moral Orel I hope they come out with another dvd of Moral orel atleast the second season and third season in one dvd set that'd be nice or my luck they'll just decide to do a dvd set with all the seasons in one dvd or not release any at all. :cry: R.I.P Orel..

Looks like the Venture Bros S1&2 deal from CC is dead, tried to jump on it but it's 60 bucks now. The amazon deal is still going strong though, so I picked up Tom Goes to the Mayor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Home Movies is part of the deal, which means no 10th annivesery collection.

I am the only one into Metalocalypse, and I am afraid no one will buy me this present for my christmas, sooooo here is my present to myself! (and probably robot chicken as well). and maybe boondocks. thanks for the heads up!
CAGsmily%21.gif
CAGsmily!.gif

CAGpixel.JPG

[quote name='PR Mega X']Well, shit. I'd be tempted to return the copies I ordered from Amazon if this wasn't backordered, but since it's a Christmas gift, I'm not taking any chances.
[/QUOTE]

Just an update on my Circuit City order -- finally got an e-mail confirming that Venture Bros S1 & 2 shipped. Adding them both to my personal collection for a total of about $16 :applause:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I didn't want to post another thread, but Deep Discount has some Adult Swim boxsets for 7.99
http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---WB-Adult-Swim_stcVVcatId492041VVviewcat.htm

Looks like Space Ghost, Brak, Harvey Birdman, and Sealab. I might grab some of the Sealab sets. Gotta see which one it was I already bought.[/quote]S3 of Harvey Birdman isn't $7.99. S3 is $12.99 on Amazon.com, so that's much better than DD's $23.49 for it.

damn..i know it just came out...but i wish they had Metalocalypse S2!

im VERY tempted to jump on Space Ghost C2C Seasons...RESIST!!!...need $$ for xmas presents...errrr

[quote name='bigdaddy']The sale on Amazon is finally over.[/quote]
Actually it looks like it's still going for most of the sets like Venture Bros., Aqua Teen, and Robot Chicken. Looks like the only deals that are dead are on The Brak Show, Space Ghost, and Sealab 2021.

[quote name='Pojo']Is this a reputable website? I dunno if I'll like Harvey Birdman or not, but that price is worth a shot.[/quote]

Yep, DeepDiscount is a CAG favorite. Second-best place to get DVDs from outside of Amazon in my opinion.

deepdiscount.com or as it used to be called deepdiscountdvd or dd or ddd is a very reputable website. they have a pretty damn good sale that in years past has yielded very large threads. if you havent ordered from dd you just havent lived and probably paid more than you should have for something.

[quote name='Pojo']Is this a reputable website? I dunno if I'll like Harvey Birdman or not, but that price is worth a shot.[/quote]

Yeah but shipments take forever.

They used to be DDD and were amazing, then in January of 07 I think it was they became DD and sucked badly. Recently they have been getting better again. You will get your stuff, don't worry.

Slighty off-topic but a bit confused. Space Ghost C2C lasted for many, many years and there's no way those 3 sets are containing all the years worth of episodes... right? Are they going to release later sets with other episodes or are they just not selling enough to justify putting the rest out? Kind of like what King of the Hill did.

[quote name='dg7md']Slighty off-topic but a bit confused. Space Ghost C2C lasted for many, many years and there's no way those 3 sets are containing all the years worth of episodes... right? Are they going to release later sets with other episodes or are they just not selling enough to justify putting the rest out? Kind of like what King of the Hill did.[/quote]

Wikipedia says there will be 6 volumes, the finale one coming out last year. I don't know where 4 and 5 are.

they have volumes that are exclusive to Adultswim.com

I think its like 10 episodes for 4/5, and they're $12 each plus S+H

Actually, you can get both for 20 if the deal is still going on..

Their shipping takes forever. I bought a DVD on 12/2 and it arrived yesterday AND I live in Illinois where they are located!

They also do not honor their prices: "Due to a system error, some item prices were listed incorrectly on the website. Your order has been adjusted by having the incorrectly listed item(s) canceled from your order. All correctly listed items will remain on your order. We have since corrected the error and truly apologize for the inconvenience."

They have canceled 2 of my orders in the past saying they were pricing errors.

Oh well, I ordered yesterday. Maybe I should cancel and just get it from Amazon?

Not that I'm in a rush, but I hate when sites cheat you out of a deal.

EDIT: how on earth do you cancel?

EDIT2: I called to cancel, said it's already in the warehouse so I can't cancel, despite not receiving a shipment notice. Oh well.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Fantastic Price on Tom Goes to the Mayor. I'll be getting that for sure. Just as a side note to those seeking Space Ghost volume 4 and volume 5 (latter of which is only sold through William's Street) you can get both of them for 26 shipped (plus tax possibly?) at Williamsstreet.com[/QUOTE]

has anyone ordered these from williamsstreet before? i really want them as space ghost is my second favorite adult swim show, behind only harvey birdman. i am curious about the quality as i had never heard of them up till this point.

[quote name='dg7md']Slighty off-topic but a bit confused. Space Ghost C2C lasted for many, many years and there's no way those 3 sets are containing all the years worth of episodes... right?[/quote]

SGC2C has one major hurdle to overcome in their episodes: clauses in each guest's waivers when appearing on the show that dictate whether or not they give permission for their likenesses to be allowed onto DVD. Certain stars basically don't want any bit of footage of them airing on media that will profit without them getting a slice of the pie basically.
Thusly, many, many episodes won't ever see the light of day because of this. Even worse, when the average show has two guests, and one allows it but the other doesn't, guess who wins out.
Hint: not the fans.

I keep hoping that the Bjork/Tom Yorke "Knifin' Around" ep will make it in-- truly legendary television.

"I have to say I am a great fan of triangles."

That "Knifin' around" episode was the reason I got so into the show. That was so surreal. If it makes it to DVD, I'll pick up the whole series just because.

Zorak: Hey, um... what'd you bury?
Space Ghost: Her mother.
Zorak: Cool.
Space Ghost: No, Zorak, it's just a bagel, she started calling "mother"

[quote name='Watchman']SGC2C has one major hurdle to overcome in their episodes: clauses in each guest's waivers when appearing on the show that dictate whether or not they give permission for their likenesses to be allowed onto DVD. Certain stars basically don't want any bit of footage of them airing on media that will profit without them getting a slice of the pie basically.
Thusly, many, many episodes won't ever see the light of day because of this. Even worse, when the average show has two guests, and one allows it but the other doesn't, guess who wins out.
Hint: not the fans.

I keep hoping that the Bjork/Tom Yorke "Knifin' Around" ep will make it in-- truly legendary television.

"I have to say I am a great fan of triangles."[/quote]

in today's day and age, I'm sure you can get all the episodes in high quality and just stream them through your video game console.

[quote name='DestroVega']in today's day and age, I'm sure you can get all the episodes in high quality and just stream them through your video game console.[/quote]

Or you could just watch it instantly on YouTube.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']That "Knifin' around" episode was the reason I got so into the show. That was so surreal. If it makes it to DVD, I'll pick up the whole series just because.

Zorak: Hey, um... what'd you bury?
Space Ghost: Her mother.
Zorak: Cool.
Space Ghost: No, Zorak, it's just a bagel, she started calling "mother"[/quote]

Zorak: Whatch ya'll doin'?
SG: "Ya'll".
Zorak: Yep.
SG: Where'd you learn to talk like that?
Zorak: Hattiesburg.
SG: What were you doing in Hattiesburg?
Zorak: Kickin' it.

Tom Yorke: Here's to ah, getting hitched Space Ghost. *toasts*
SG: Yeah. Let's drink until our hearts stop. *drinks long*

Yeah Animal, just to let you know I received my order from William Street's shop just fine. They're also the only way (aside from buying it used somewhere like Ebay or the such) to get the latest volume of Space Ghost.

That episode was excellent, I had never seen it before

Also, not a "deal", but I bought ATHF Volume 6 last night at Circuit City for $24.99, think it's normally $29.99 :S

Just got my Frisky Dingo Season 2 from Amazon today...can't wait to watch it with my SO. Harumph!

bread's done
Back