Massive Valve Store sale - Prints, shirts etc.

Yeah, shipping is a bit steep. I can vouch for the high quality of the Portal 2 movie poster and the Chell painting.

ARG, I just bought two lithographs last week. I could have at least saved $10 on the Meet the Medic print. So really I just payed $10 more instead of waiting a week. I guess I should be happy that the Portal 2 movie print is still $20 or else I would have been super ticked off. Anyway I'll get over it and be super stoked once I get them on Tuesday.

But for anyone still wanting to buy some stuff there the free Aperture lanyard deal is still good. "If you spend $20 or more on merchanidse, you can add a Aperture lanyard to your account and use the coupon code FREELANYARDFORSCIENCE at checkout to get a credit for the cost of the lanyard. Limit one per order. The Aperture lanyard promotional offer is valid through January 2nd."

I see the Valve Store as one of those places where buying a single thing sucks, but buying a lot is much easier to stomach. I didn't mind paying $10 for $40 worth of stuff personally.

[quote name='diddy310']Yeah, shipping is a bit steep. I can vouch for the high quality of the Portal 2 movie poster and the Chell painting.[/QUOTE]

Are these shipped in poster tubes? I'm thinking about picking up a couple of lithographs.

Yeah, very nice packaging - I ordered 3 prints and they came in 3 separate oversized tubes inside of a padded out larger box.

If you are interested in buying the lithographs be aware many of them are like 24"x36". I ended up buying some cheapo poster frames from Michael's crafts, I think at $7.50 each (Discounted 50% from $19.99 and then had another 25% off coupon that works even on sale items.)

Luckily in Sunday's ad (Jan. 1st - 7th) all poster frames are 40% off and there's another 25% off bonus coupon you can use. I'll link to the bonus coupons here. Not sure if you can use the top "get $5 off $25-49 purchases" as well as the bottom coupon but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='JohnDM']If you are interested in buying the lithographs be aware many of them are like 24"x36". I ended up buying some cheapo poster frames from Michael's crafts, I think at $7.50 each (Discounted 50% from $19.99 and then had another 25% off coupon that works even on sale items.)

Luckily in Sunday's ad (Jan. 1st - 7th) all poster frames are 40% off and there's another 25% off bonus coupon you can use. I'll link to the bonus coupons here. Not sure if you can use the top "get $5 off $25-49 purchases" as well as the bottom coupon but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what I plan on doing. Thank you for this!

Man, I really wanted the spy shirt too. Eeeh I got it in small even though I know it wont fit me. I'll suffer through and let my lil bro wear it.

That shipping fee is damn annoying though >.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']Is anyone having problems looking at items? When I click on an item it says "product does not exist"[/QUOTE]

Think that means it's sold out.

[quote name='DeathDream']Think that means it's sold out.[/QUOTE]

It does not, wait a bit a try again later. I was having that happen with a few items that came around after a few minutes.

[quote name='DeathDream']Man, I really wanted the spy shirt too. Eeeh I got it in small even though I know it wont fit me. I'll suffer through and let my lil bro wear it.

That shipping fee is damn annoying though >.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']It does not, wait a bit a try again later. I was having that happen with a few items that came around after a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

Yep - I was wrong. But it was just a guess.

[quote name='JohnDM']I always thought the idea of having a shirt with a cool design stretched over canvas would be neat. Not sure how one would exactly do it since it would very likely render the shirt impossible to wear any more and no going back, but it would make a neat piece of art.[/QUOTE]

Stretched over a canvas? I've never heard or seen anything like that. Do you have a picture of something similar? Or is this something similar to what they do with sport jerseys?

I was kind of interested in the Portal 2 Collectors Guide until I saw it for only $12.99 at ThinkGeek. I'm a sucker for Collector's guides for some reason...

[quote name='DeathDream']Yep - I was wrong. But it was just a guess.

Stretched over a canvas? I've never heard or seen anything like that. Do you have a picture of something similar? Or is this something similar to what they do with sport jerseys?[/QUOTE]

Not sure how well it would work since the design is not in the middle and may actually call for some arts & crafts skills, but here's an instructibles guide on how to do it.

Also, speak of the devil I got my order from Valve just about an hour after posting in this thread. The Portal 2 movie poster is AMAZING. I just need to figure out how to better frame the Meet the Medic print, since the paper is just a fraction too large for the frame.

Nice stuff. I grabbed one of the lithographs I had wanted way back when. 10 vs. 40? I'm in. I also grabbed a shirt and a water bottle. I keep cycling the plastic water bottles, so why not upgrade to an Aperture steel bottle?

Thanks, OP.

Shipping was a little steep ($7 for what I ordered) but I really like the poster of Lina from DOTA 2 so I got that and an Aperture water bottle since I figure I should start using that at work rather than going through a bunch of plastic ones.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='jatan11t']It would be nice if we could trade coal for these[/QUOTE]

My last 7 coal turned into a 50% off Valve coupon. I cant fathom how much coal would factor into free shipping. I'm resisting spending another $20ish on the Valve store now because of the new stuff plus discounts. I'm still bumbed that the 4 packs of TF2 trading cards got me all the classes but the Engineer. Such is card collecting I guess.

I really wanted those Dota 2 posters. Hardcore DOTA fan here, would for sure put those up in my gaming room.
But $8 to ship a $3 poster? Freaking ridiculous.

Thanks OP and JohnDM. I bought 3 lithographs and the lanyard for just under $40 with shipping.
Not that I have the room to display them all, but i can always rotate whats in 1 frame....

Are the lanyards OoS? I put the only one I saw in my cart but I keep getting the error message "This coupon does not apply to items in cart. Please correct or remove the coupon code."

The lanyard I saw was this one:

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=A01036

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind... kept refreshing and eventually it accepted it. Don't know why it took so long though; been refreshing and scratching my head for the last 10 mins.

Thanks TC!

Thanks bought some lithos and decals.

Never bought lithos before would I have to flatten them before framing them? If so what would be the best way. I was think of buying some frames from michaels.

Okay... quick question for those that placed orders. I'm trying to buy frames for the liths that I ordered. Problem is they're sold out now and I can't remember the measurements. They're not in the item titles when I pull up my order either.

The measurements I'm looking for are the movie poster and the aperture laboratories (I'm guessing 24x36 right now and aperture laboratories is the same as the other concept art pieces for Portal 2 but they're all OoS). If anyone has ordered these and remembers the sizes please post. Thanks!

Pretty sure they are all 24x36. I need to head to michaels tomorrow myself and grab 1 or 2 frames for the 3 lithos I ordered

[quote name='Pookymeister']Pretty sure they are all 24x36. I need to head to michaels tomorrow myself and grab 1 or 2 frames for the 3 lithos I ordered[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking; thanks for the reply!

You know, for awhile I was a little worried because Valve never sent me an order confirmation. Ordered on Sunday, received an email last night around 10:30 (est) letting me know my order had shipped.

Who doesn't send order confirmations these days?

[quote name='TopsideKracker']You know, for awhile I was a little worried because Valve never sent me an order confirmation. Ordered on Sunday, received an email last night around 10:30 (est) letting me know my order had shipped.

Who doesn't send order confirmations these days?[/QUOTE]

I got an order confirmation on 12-23 and a shipped notification on 12-28. Maybe they sent it but you didn't notice it?

[quote name='stoned99']I wonder if my 50% of valve store coupons will work :)[/QUOTE]

No, those are for steam.

I got the Dota posters for $9.95, with $9 shipping.

Kind of a rip off but as long as they come in perfect condition I'm not complaining.

bread's done
Back