Matrix 4 3D, Will Smith as Robin Hood in "Hood"

[quote name='DestroVega']^ I think he is a good actor, but he's been in shitty movies.

I don't care what anyone says, "I am Legend" was horrible, as was "Wild, Wild West."

I thought "Hancock" was also terrible, but that at least is debatable, as is "Independence Day" a movie a lot of people love, but it's so fucking corny.

Never saw "I, Robot" and I'll give his two sequels a pass cause they weren't great but they are sequels.[/QUOTE]

what he said and ill add to that hitch , hancock , i robot, bad boys 2 and shark tale. alot of the films hes been in are shit.

though i did like him in legend of bagger vance and men in black 1 was cool.

[quote name='Amblix']The Karate Kid was an abysmal piece of trash that should be collected and burned.[/QUOTE]

what he said one of the worst reimaninings ever and his sons acting was horrible hell the whole movie was shit the only plus to it was seeing bits and pieces of china. not to mention jackie chan sucked in it too and the final fight was horrendous especially how he won lmao.

as much as i hate remkaes a karate kid remake could have been good but once will smith super glued himself and his son to it i knew it would suck. setting it in china was a good idea everything else about the film killed it.

The dumbest thing about that movie was that despite being called Karate Kid, Jackie Chan taught him kung-fu.

[quote name='Clak']The dumbest thing about that movie was that despite being called Karate Kid, Jackie Chan taught him kung-fu.[/QUOTE]
This. Speaking as a Chinese person, I was beyond pissed when I saw the trailers and they stuck with Karate Kid as the title.

They obviously stuck the Karate Kid name on for marketing purposes. I had no problem with there being no karate in it.

I've said the whole movie is called karate kid but he's being taught kung fu thing as a joke, didn't know people had an actual problem with it. That's pretty sad.

Nobody should have a problem with it, all Asian things and people are interchangeable for marketing purposes.

Not at all what I meant, and I'm sure you know that.

Point is I'm sure the movie was more successful with a well known name attached to it than if it didn't have it attached.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Well the thing is that if he had never said it in the movie, most people wouldn't know. I mean I honestly couldn't tell kung-fu and karate apart having never studied them, I don't even know if that was really karate in the original. But he actually tells the kid he'll teach him kung-fu, that makes the title completely pointless. I mean at least Par Morita told Ralph Machio he'd teach him karate.

edit- Well no duh, I doubt "The Kung-Fu Kid" would have sold as well. That isn't the point though.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if it's Karate or Kung Fu or Taekwondo, if it's Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, it's all the same thing, what's the difference?

[quote name='Clak']The dumbest thing about that movie was that despite being called Karate Kid, Jackie Chan taught him kung-fu.[/QUOTE]

It was originally called Kung-Fu Kid.

[quote name='DestroVega']It was originally called Kung-Fu Kid.[/QUOTE]

It's a damn good thing Jaden was only 12 when the movie came out or they would have had to call it 'Kung-Fu Teenager'

[quote name='SpazX']Exactly, it doesn't matter if it's Karate or Kung Fu or Taekwondo, if it's Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, it's all the same thing, what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Because they are different.

There are those out there that like to scream racial insensitivity.

Pretty sure spaz is being sarcastic. Anyway, no the title doesn't fit, and Kung-Fu kid would have at least made sense. Might as well call the next Pirates movie "Ninjas of the Carribean" cause you know, what's the difference?

[quote name='Clak']"Ninjas of the Carribean" [/QUOTE]

For the record I would say the Dragon Lord from the 3rd Pirates move, is part ninja.

Careful we shouldn't probably give anyone any ideas, they may try to put Keanu Reeves and Will Smith into a Ninjas of the Caribbean movie.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ I think he is a good actor, but he's been in shitty movies.

I don't care what anyone says, "I am Legend" was horrible, as was "Wild, Wild West."

I thought "Hancock" was also terrible, but that at least is debatable, as is "Independence Day" a movie a lot of people love, but it's so fucking corny.

Never saw "I, Robot" and I'll give his two sequels a pass cause they weren't great but they are sequels.[/QUOTE]

"Independence Day" was a piece of propaganda. It's so Pro-U.S. I want to throw up. It's surprising that the U.S. Military wouldn't endorse it just because of mentioning Area 51 given how much of a giant hand-job it is to us.
Seriously if you love ID4 just look back and be completely open or just be open and you'll see it clear as day.

[quote name='Sarang01']"Independence Day" was a piece of propaganda. It's so Pro-U.S. I want to throw up. It's surprising that the U.S. Military wouldn't endorse it just because of mentioning Area 51 given how much of a giant hand-job it is to us.
Seriously if you love ID4 just look back and be completely open or just be open and you'll see it clear as day.[/QUOTE]

That's deep, man. Sounds like you've really got that movie all figured out. Did you come up with this clever analysis all on your own?

Actually I suppose jingoistic works better because it's a movie and not a documentary. I just remember looking back and realizing how heavy handed it seemed.
Sure the special effects are great and all and it has some fun action but jeez if it isn't a fucking ad for the Air Force and the Military to a lesser extent.

bread's done
Back