Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

[quote name='Kendro']What do you mean, there is a blank space? My confirmation email gives me the order number and order date in a gray box on the top right corner.[/quote]

I got the gray box with the order date but my order number just says "Pending"

[quote name='M1C13']I didn't think they gave you one until they ship it[/quote]

I think you are supposed to get your order # when you place it, thats how it works with other sites. If the order goes through, great, if not, I won't be disappointed because online retailers usually cancel the orders when they realized they made a mistake, Best Buy does that anyway!

[quote name='scorpers']I got the gray box with the order date but my order number just says "Pending"[/QUOTE]

my first receipt/confirmation email also had "Pending" in the Order # column

however, in the 2nd email describing the item is not in stock yet (release date of 5/22), it gives me an order confirmation # to reference

[quote name='asianxcore']my first receipt/confirmation email also had "Pending" in the Order # column

however, in the 2nd email describing the item is not in stock yet (release date of 5/22), it gives me an order confirmation # to reference[/QUOTE]
second email?

[quote name='M1C13']second email?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Got a 2nd email not too long after my first confirmation which stated,

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

Hmmm...I never got a second email. Perhaps this means those who got in on the deal earlier is getting their copies shipped first while late orders are put on backorder?

[quote name='Kendro']Hmmm...I never got a second email. Perhaps this means those who got in on the deal earlier is getting their copies shipped first while late orders are put on backorder?[/QUOTE]
do you really think it will go that far. To give that many people an $80 hd-dvd set for $20, I think we will get coupons.

I know they updated the price on the link, but if you do a search for the matrix on the website you can't find the HD version.

[quote name='nazrad']I know they updated the price on the link, but if you do a search for the matrix on the website you can't find the HD version.[/QUOTE]
yeah you can only find it through the link, I did the same thing.

Nope. Haven't received a cancelled email either which gives me a little hope our orders might go through. According to the other CC thread, most people received cancellation notices around 5:00 PM Eastern and it is now 7:00 PM Eastern.

I'm sure the douchebag on slickdeals who ordered 50 won't help anyone who actually wanted one to watch but whatever. I mean, I think I could understand if he wanted 2 in order to sell one and get his for free but 50? Ridiculous.

People on SlickDeals always make a post acting like they're hoarding even when they aren't. That's their idea of humor. It's just stupid, not funny, I know, but in nearly vendor error thread there's somebody saying it.

I tried to order more than one, just so I could whore them out on here to anyone who missed it, but it wouldn't let me. I couldn't adjust the quantity, and when I tried adding another I got an error stating it was already in my cart. Oh well, it probably won't go through anyway.

[quote name='defiance_17']I tried to order more than one, just so I could whore them out on here to anyone who missed it, but it wouldn't let me. I couldn't adjust the quantity, and when I tried adding another I got an error stating it was already in my cart. Oh well, it probably won't go through anyway.[/QUOTE]

They only let you buy 1 copy of each dvd online.

so, who thinks they are getting it and who thinks that CC will cancel?

I hope to hear something tomorrow morning by the time I get to work.

When I was checking my bank account online I noticed that a $1 amount from CC.com appeared, that gives me hope, why else would they test my card if they didn't plan on shipping it?

[quote name='M1C13']so, who thinks they are getting it and who thinks that CC will cancel?

I hope to hear something tomorrow morning by the time I get to work.[/quote]

Cancelled orders, prob. I am just hoping for a coupon of some sort. I don't expect to get it the set. Hopefully its another 10 dollar coupon so I can then get a nicolas cage dvd to add to my collection!

[quote name='kevzik']Cancelled orders, prob. I am just hoping for a coupon of some sort. I don't expect to get it the set. Hopefully its another 10 dollar coupon so I can then get a nicolas cage dvd to add to my collection![/quote]

I could imagine this going through.

THe last slip up with the games was a loss of thousands of dollars... this isn't that much. The last slip-up could have really messed them up. So they are taking a hit, but people could only order one per household, so it probably wasn't such a problem in profit

If I am not mistaken the HDDVD box set comes with a code to download the animatrix set from the 360 marketplace

[quote name='geekpimpfx']When I was checking my bank account online I noticed that a $1 amount from CC.com appeared, that gives me hope, why else would they test my card if they didn't plan on shipping it?[/quote]
They took off 30 bucks from my account (I chose express shipping) so I would not take that as a sign of them shipping it out.
I bet the orders will be cancelled tomorrow morning.

[quote name='62t']If I am not mistaken the HDDVD box set comes with a code to download the animatrix set from the 360 marketplace[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's good for the entire thing. And it say it expires at the end of 07. I haven't DLd it yet, so I don't know about the PQ.

But the TrueHD on the sets is amazing. You can hear were every bullet comes from.

hey guys, I been checking my emails all day and I just recieved confirmation of my cc orders. I have received 2 total and this email was a receipt.

I think they may honor it if you just bought like one or 2.

They've not charged my card, but they've not cancelled my order yet either. CC's site is down, so I can't check and see if they've cancelled it and just not sent an email yet. If they cancel on this, that is complete bullshit. Their OWN policy states that they honor preorder prices even if they final retail price is higher.

Edit: Ok, they actually have done the $1 holding charge. I missed it because, for some reason, it doesn't show up on the front page. That said, it means nothing, because they did the same thing before, and then did a full charge, which they fully processed, and THEN they cancelled the order.

[quote name='mietha']They've not charged my card, but they've not cancelled my order yet either. CC's site is down, so I can't check and see if they've cancelled it and just not sent an email yet. If they cancel on this, that is complete bullshit. Their OWN policy states that they honor preorder prices even if they final retail price is higher.[/quote]

I think they have a policy that they don't have to honor price mistakes though.

still no email, only a $1 taken is being held on my bank account. I had 2nd days shipping but that shouldn't change when they send it only when I receive it.

and who keeps saying that circuitcity is down? I'm on there site right now looking at my account.

I don't know if you guys have checked back on the original link, but it now states

From 6am Sunday morning, May 20th, until 9am May 21st, a system error caused the price for the Matrix Trilogy HD to display incorrectly. The correct price is $79.99. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

But still no email about any cancilations and on the CC site my account doesn't say the order is canceled.

[quote name='nazrad']I don't know if you guys have checked back on the original link, but it now states

From 6am Sunday morning, May 20th, until 9am May 21st, a system error caused the price for the Matrix Trilogy HD to display incorrectly. The correct price is $79.99. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

But still no email about any cancilations and on the CC site my account doesn't say the order is canceled.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I better at least get a coupon.

My order has a delivery date for today but I havent got my shipping notice yet.
I used my $10 "free PS2 coupon" so I'd hope to at least get that back.

I had ordered 2 copies of it (2 different addresses and accounts) and called about one to see if they would be cancelled. As of right now they are honoring the orders but the disc is no longer in inventory at CC and is on backorder.

[quote name='duckydan']I had ordered 2 copies of it (2 different addresses and accounts) and called about one to see if they would be cancelled. As of right now they are honoring the orders but the disc is no longer in inventory at CC and is on backorder.[/quote]

man, if this ships it'll be amazing.

[quote name='duckydan']I had ordered 2 copies of it (2 different addresses and accounts) and called about one to see if they would be cancelled. As of right now they are honoring the orders but the disc is no longer in inventory at CC and is on backorder.[/QUOTE]

Rule #1 is never call on price mistakes.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Rule #1 is never call on price mistakes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as soon as I read that post my face sunk. I'm doubting this will go through now that they're aware of the error

[quote name='joeposh']Yeah as soon as I read that post my face sunk. I'm doubting this will go through now that they're aware of the error[/quote]

They were already fully aware of it, there is a statement on the product page that there was a misprice.

[quote name='fieldkillah']They were already fully aware of it, there is a statement on the product page that there was a misprice.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but still, NEVER call about a price mistake like this.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Yes, but still, NEVER call about a price mistake like this.[/quote]

I called for two reasons... 1 - Since they already knew about the glitch if they were cancelling I wanted my original $10 coupons back (1 used for each order) as well as something to compensate their new stupidity and 2 - I was going to pick it up today elsewhere when I picked up my pirates dvds if they weren't shipping it. The fact that they already knew wouldn't meant my calling wouldn't change anything. The bigger issue they have to worry about with all of these price glitches is the BBB which would eventually get involved as being deceptive advertising especially when their site states:

What if the price of the product changes before it becomes available?
Sometimes pre-order or backorder prices can change. Our low price guarantee policy will ensure that you are charged the lowest price for both pre-orders and backorders, even if the release-date price is higher than when you reserved the item.

Well, how many did those slickdeal.net people get if day one they are sold out? What they should do is let us go to the store and pick it up. Because what they will do is wait long enough that people that really wanted the Matrix will just cancel, but I'll just wait until they are back in stock at CC.

Does anyone elses account still say preorder?

[quote name='M1C13']
Does anyone elses account still say preorder?[/QUOTE]

Mine does. I haven't gotten a shipping or cancellation notice yet.

[quote name='duckydan']I called for two reasons... 1 - Since they already knew about the glitch if they were cancelling I wanted my original $10 coupons back (1 used for each order) as well as something to compensate their new stupidity and 2 - I was going to pick it up today elsewhere when I picked up my pirates dvds if they weren't shipping it. The fact that they already knew wouldn't meant my calling wouldn't change anything. The bigger issue they have to worry about with all of these price glitches is the BBB which would eventually get involved as being deceptive advertising especially when their site states:

What if the price of the product changes before it becomes available?
Sometimes pre-order or backorder prices can change. Our low price guarantee policy will ensure that you are charged the lowest price for both pre-orders and backorders, even if the release-date price is higher than when you reserved the item.[/QUOTE]

1. you shouldnt have use the coupon for a deal like this in the first place.
2. There is only a problem if they charged you $80. They can cancel all the orders.

mine says preorder, but i tried to cancel it and it says something about not being able to cancel because it's preparing to ship. I'm not saying "go try to cancel" incase it messes anybody up. I was going to cancel cause I remembered how terrible Matrix 2 and 3 are, and I don't even have an HD DVD player yet.

[quote name='M1C13']Yeah, I better at least get a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Why would they pay you for taking advantage of them? I take advantage of price mistakes, too. However, EXPECTING a coupon is ludicrous.

bread's done
Back