Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

I don't even own an HDTV or an HD-DVD player and I'm still in for one. Curse this website. It has me buying PSP games and HD-DVD movies before I even have the hardware to run them. :lol:

I ordered one. I figured I've got nothing to lose.

I also used their fastest shipping, hoping mine may get through the door tomorrow morning before they cancel orders (if they do so).

I tried it as well, but didn't opt for the fast shipping, I'm guessing they would either honor it or not. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='bigell']I tried it as well, but didn't opt for the fast shipping, I'm guessing they would either honor it or not. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping that fast shipping will get priority out the door tomorrow in their shipping queue, that's all.

I know what you mean, although they'll probably catch the mistake by tomorrow before they ship anything on Tuesday.

[quote name='bigell']I know what you mean, although they'll probably catch the mistake by tomorrow before they ship anything on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I can't get into the movie section on their website at all now on two different browsers. Anyone else having this issue?

Maybe they're updating the site as we speak.

I gave it a shot too. I added a $6 gift card to get free shipping. Worst case they cancel the HD-DVD and shipped me the gift card, but I can use it on the upcoming $10 game sale anyway.

Well...I think most stores will accept a printout from the website so save that page people!

And then you should be able to conivnce comeone on tuesday at the stores that this was the price online and they should pricematch it...

[quote name='Kendro']I don't even own an HDTV or an HD-DVD player and I'm still in for one. Curse this website. It has me buying PSP games and HD-DVD movies before I even have the hardware to run them. :lol:[/quote]

You and me both, Kendro. I figure if I have no use for it ever, I can easily make my $$ back, so whatever.

Ordered this, and also ordered The OC season 4, which they have mispriced at $9.99 (its MSRP is $59.99). Looks like someone really fucked up the pricing for Tuesday's new releases!

I ordered one, but I've still not even gotten my money refunded from the "free" games, so I'm not hoping for much. If they do honor it though, I used the $10 coupon from the "free" games on it, so I would get this for $12.33 shipped. Not bad. :)

Edit: From the help section on CC.com:

"What if the price of the product changes before it becomes available?

Sometimes pre-order or backorder prices can change. Our low price guarantee policy will ensure that you are charged the lowest price for both pre-orders and backorders, even if the release-date price is higher than when you reserved the item."

So, basically, according to their own policy, they SHOULD honor it. We'll see however...

[quote name='garfep']Ordered this, and also ordered The OC season 4, which they have mispriced at $9.99 (its MSRP is $59.99). Looks like someone really fucked up the pricing for Tuesday's new releases![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and placed a seperate order with standard shipping instead of trying out a combined order to qualify for free shipping. Random hope that there are better odds of single mispriced items being shipped to me instead of two mispriced items being cancelled.

You know, this, combined with the "free" games from a few days ago... Maybe CC should hire some people to work on their website, that, I don't know, read english? Or have IQs over 70... Or know the difference between a PC and a toaster... I mean seriously, something is VERY wrong with whoever the hell is running their website. Is this going to be like the end of holy grail? "We apologize for that. The people in charge of sacking the previous people have now been sacked." Of course, this is the same company that I called a local store and asked if they had any HD-DVD drives for the 360 in stock (on the day of release for the drive), the person I was talking to went and asked somebody, came back and said yes. I said "Are you sure, your website says you don't have any." She said, "yes, we have 2." So I hop in the car, drive for 45 mins, get there, look around, no drives. So I ask where the HD-DVD drives for the 360 are. I swear to god she looked at me, and this was a manager now, and points at the VGA cable for the 360 and says right there. I verify "That's the HD-DVD D-R-I-V-E?". She says yes. They have MANAGERS that don't know the difference between a cable and a drive. How the hell are they still in business again?

Wow, CC sure knows what they are doing! Free games, early 9.99 games, Matrix Trilogy error, OC error....One goof up everynow and then is cool, but after 4...you deserve to get abused....

If this works it'll be 9.99 to all who got the $10 off coupon for trying to order free games last week like myself... that's less than just buying the original matrix on dvd.

just got one a little while ago, thanks again op. I hope this goes through because it would save me a lot of money since i planned on spending a lot on HDDVDs and Blu Ray on Tuesday (Pirates 1 and 2, Matrix, Flags of our Father, Letters from Ijowma etc)

in for 1... here's to hoping!

i made a pdf of my order confirmation (from the site after ordering) and just checked my account on the site and it says laserdisc on the site, but my original confirmation says hd-dvd

guess i got in before the switch, hopefully they don't just cancel it 27.67 after shipping for me (2 day shipping)

[quote name='nazrad']I really hope this works.[/QUOTE]
it probably won't we'll just get a coupon but, hey free coupon

The UPC on the item description matches the real item - I searched on Half.com and Amazon.com to confirm. So it's the real thing, they just need to honor the price.

I initially held off pre-ordering at the "normal" discount on Amazon due to the sucktitude of the second and third films, but at $20 I can't pass up this deal. Thanks OP!

I was able to order on the 3rd try, couldn't get to checkout screen. My confirmation email thought doesn't give an order number, guessing that's not good news!

[quote name='scorpers']I was able to order on the 3rd try, couldn't get to checkout screen. My confirmation email thought doesn't give an order number, guessing that's not good news![/QUOTE]
I didn't think they gave you one until they ship it

[quote name='scorpers']I was able to order on the 3rd try, couldn't get to checkout screen. My confirmation email thought doesn't give an order number, guessing that's not good news![/quote]

What do you mean, there is a blank space? My confirmation email gives me the order number and order date in a gray box on the top right corner.

bread's done
Back