Max Payne 3 - $30 off for Best Buy GCU members ($20 for RZ)

Forsvaine

CAGiversary!
From now to September 1st, Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360 and PS3) is $20 off for Best Buy Reward Zone members (or $30 off if you have Gamers Club Unlocked). That'll bring it to down $30-$40 at Best Buy. This does not affect PC copies, if the page is to be taken at face value.

To get the discount, click "Claim This Offer" on the page, then use your Reward Zone membership number when buying the game. You can also get this offer with an iPhone or Android by downloading the Best Buy Mobile App.

As per usual, you cannot redeem this discount on the website. In-store only.

Redeem it at this site, under "Gamers Club" > "Gamers Club Offers".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Does anyone know if Max Payne would be included as one of the three games, if I used my welcome packet coupon?[/QUOTE]

It could be but you wouldn't be able to stack the two coupons

[quote name='TooPoor']If you are thinking about getting it at $30, why not throw in extra $5 and become GCU?[/QUOTE]

I am GCU. Wouldn't the game be $30 after the discount?

^My bad, I thought it was $20 after GCU. I don't know why but I kept remembering this going on sale for $50....Maybe I'm just hallucinating on good deals.

[quote name='TooPoor']^My bad, I thought it was $20 after GCU. I don't know why but I kept remembering this going on sale for $50....Maybe I'm just hallucinating on good deals.[/QUOTE]

It's been on sale for $44.99 (I adjusted my launch day copy to this price) and, I believe, $39.99.

It's $39.99 at Target right now, and most stores still have copies that come with GTA IV.

$15 for not getting the DLC code

Who do I contact about this? I've e-mailed customer service three times over a period of eight weeks. They almost always answer any question that I may have, but they have dodged this one every time.

To address the "money to let a friend borrow a game" being soo horrible. Generally no I do not do this, but the friend in question never keeps his games and we split the cost of games to lower the overall cost to both of us. The game was $20 for me before my final price match, so we agree to split it. He lives in another state, I send him the games he is part owner in and he keeps em as long as he wants and sends them back to me whenever he is done.

It works both ways, I pay him for his games that I want. Usually it's 60/40. I pay 60 he pays 40, since I keep the game. It's fair for both of us and helps us both save money.

Local friends can borrow games I own whenever they want, so long as they take care of them. But if I am buying a game that they also want to buy, why is it so wrong for me to ask for assistance in paying for it? It ends up being cheaper for both of us and we both win.

Went to BB and saw that they had the special edition for PS3 marked down to $34.99. Tried the coupon, but wouldn't take, but ended up getting it anyways.

I absolutely second that sentiment. Max Payne 3 has been dropping to those prices, and to be honest I'm very disappointed and concern with Best Buys Gamer's Coupon this next month if this is the deal they are trying to masquerade on as a deal after this month's double deals for the $10 Kingdom of Amalur and $20 for Modern Warfare 3.

[quote name='CaseX']Good job, Best Buy, for making $30 or $20 off MSRP seem like a deal when this game has been on sale for similar prices already.

I think the thread title needs to say $30-40 because $30 off previous sale prices would be a deal, but off MSRP is a joke. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I absolutely second that sentiment. Max Payne 3 has been dropping to those prices, and to be honest I'm very disappointed and concern with Best Buys Gamer's Coupon this next month if this is the deal they are trying to masquerade on as a deal after this month's double deals for the $10 Kingdom of Amalur and $20 for Modern Warfare 3.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't write them off just yet. The Zelda: SS deal was solid (unless you bought the bundle at launch, like me)

[quote name='aznhero913']Any place has this game cheap so we can try price matching it and using the coupon?[/QUOTE]

target has it or had it for 39.99

[quote name='aznhero913']Any place has this game cheap so we can try price matching it and using the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Coupon states discount is taking from marked price (IE: $59.99), and when I tried PM'ing Target's ad, the computer negated the price match once the GCU discount came up. You can try and hopefully get a cool cashier who overrides it, but don't be surprised if you get shut down.

Good luck, though.

One more question, can I price match Max Payne 3 with other stores to bring down the price to say $40 or so, then use the GCU coupon for $30 on it?

[quote name='miniviking10']One more question, can I price match Max Payne 3 with other stores to bring down the price to say $40 or so, then use the GCU coupon for $30 on it?[/QUOTE]
My god man... I understand being lazy but the answer to your question is literally on the page before this one! I can't support spoon feeding.

EDIT: Correction, it was answered 2 posts before yours as well.

No I wasn't god Damn joking. What's with the hostility? Also, all that is answered on the 5th Page is that they wouldn't accept the coupon for the SPECIAL EDITION version of the game.

[quote name='Woocls']My god man... I understand being lazy but the answer to your question is literally on the page before this one! I can't support spoon feeding.

EDIT: Correction, it was answered 2 posts before yours as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is answered in the posts before mine. I just clicked on the thread and went straight to posting. Wasn't being lazy, in fact I was trying to look for an answer on Best Buy website.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Coupon states discount is taking from marked price (IE: $59.99), and when I tried PM'ing Target's ad, the computer negated the price match once the GCU discount came up. You can try and hopefully get a cool cashier who overrides it, but don't be surprised if you get shut down.

Good luck, though.[/QUOTE]Sale prices will stack(per previous coupons) & as usual pm's DON'T STACK with coupons or packages deals w/o overide.

[quote name='Investor']I absolutely second that sentiment. Max Payne 3 has been dropping to those prices, and to be honest I'm very disappointed and concern with Best Buys Gamer's Coupon this next month if this is the deal they are trying to masquerade on as a deal after this month's double deals for the $10 Kingdom of Amalur and $20 for Modern Warfare 3.[/QUOTE]Judging BB deals before they're over can be misguided seeing as they continually drop prices during the sales period which makes a so-so deal epic. KoA's MSRP dropped which is why it was $10 instead of $30 which obviously effect the quality of the deal.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm not unlocked. How do you even get unlocked?[/QUOTE] http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...ub/pcmcat271000050001.c?id=pcmcat271000050001

[quote name='CaseX'] I think the thread title needs to say $30-40 because $30 off previous sale prices would be a deal, but off MSRP is a joke. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]Why not wait to see if they put the game on sale before trashing the deal since that's BB's general pattern. They could just be using the coupons to rid stock prior to the GOTY.

[quote name='windsmere']Wow even after people bitched to BBY about this promo not being for PC last time they run it again and still exclude PC.[/QUOTE]vote it up hopefully more than 9 pc gamers that will speak up & to let BB know there's enuf demand to warrant including pc games in the deals/promos in the future
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

[quote name='therealdanhill']Can I use this with my welcome package buy 2 new games get one free?[/QUOTE]nope, one coupon will cancel out the other.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']No PC version no deal Best Buy.[/QUOTE]^^
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

[quote name='Forsvaine']EDIT: I just looked at the price tracker. Amazon.com is offering the game for the same price you'd get with the RZ offer. If you don't have RZ, you might want to consider Amazon instead, unless you prefer Best Buy over Amazon.[/QUOTE]by using BB pre-paid visa cards you'd earn RZ points towards silver status & get items from the competition.

[quote name='panda911']Did the $35 off Skyward Sword end?[/QUOTE]

It ended a while ago, my local store had 10 still in stock, with a bunch of other things that were on sale. I'm lucky to live around so many best buys

I'm getting this tomarrow and does it matter if its on 360 or ps3?? Also I've never played a max payne before and is this game worth the 30 dollars? Thanks for ur help

[quote name='AzGoat']I'm getting this tomarrow and does it matter if its on 360 or ps3?? Also I've never played a max payne before and is this game worth the 30 dollars? Thanks for ur help[/QUOTE]

system you buy it for doesn't matter.......and apparently neither does grammar.

[quote name='miniviking10']No I wasn't god Damn joking. What's with the hostility? Also, all that is answered on the 5th Page is that they wouldn't accept the coupon for the SPECIAL EDITION version of the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miniviking10']Yes it is answered in the posts before mine. I just clicked on the thread and went straight to posting. Wasn't being lazy, in fact I was trying to look for an answer on Best Buy website.[/QUOTE]
idiot..

[quote name='AzGoat']I'm getting this tomarrow and does it matter if its on 360 or ps3?? Also I've never played a max payne before and is this game worth the 30 dollars? Thanks for ur help[/QUOTE]I don't know about any differences graphic-wise, but I do know the 360 version is 2 discs. So if you don't want to have to switch between them, I'd go for the PS3 version. Even if you've never played Max Payne before, the game is definitely worth $30. But buy it knowing it's a story driven third-person shooter with a VERY mature storyline involving a RIDICULOUS amount of violence/action and drama. Oh and there's a lot of cursing too.

[quote name='AzGoat']I'm getting this tomarrow and does it matter if its on 360 or ps3?? Also I've never played a max payne before and is this game worth the 30 dollars? Thanks for ur help[/QUOTE]

Eurogamer's Digital Foundry "Face Off" for Max Payne 3 is what I suggest checking out: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-max-payne-3-face-off

Basically, the PS3 version is missing some minor environmental effects here & there, and the 360 version uses a weird edge-enhancement filter that gives the image a slight 'soft' blur. Foliage also looks nicer on 360, but (judging by the comparison videos) the PS3 version seems to have a higher stable frame-rate.

I went with PS3 simply because I enjoy smoother frame-rates over graphical fidelity. It's not by much, but free online also put it over the edge. As well, I figure when I want to get the 'best graphical experience', I'll just play it on PC later on with the proper Max Payne controls anyway. :cool:

Quick question (and my apologies if this has been asked/answered; I realize it says one (1) per household): Would I be able to get this on both the :ps3: and :360:? Has anyone else tried this yet? Thanks much.

.....and thanks OP.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I don't know about any differences graphic-wise, but I do know the 360 version is 2 discs. So if you don't want to have to switch between them, I'd go for the PS3 version. Even if you've never played Max Payne before, the game is definitely worth $30. But buy it knowing it's a story driven third-person shooter with a VERY mature storyline involving a RIDICULOUS amount of violence/action and drama. Oh and there's a lot of cursing too.[/QUOTE]

Lol are you like 12 years old? I swear some CAG'S just play too much rayman origins sometimes

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Lol are you like 12 years old? I swear some CAG'S just play too much rayman origins sometimes[/QUOTE]

12 yr. Old pimp. Must be Butters and his bottom b####.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Quick question (and my apologies if this has been asked/answered; I realize it says one (1) per household): Would I be able to get this on both the :ps3: and :360:? Has anyone else tried this yet? Thanks much.

.....and thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

The only way I see you doing that is if you give a friend who has RZ your money and ask them to buy it for you.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-max-payne-3-face-off

Max Payne 3: The Digital Foundry Verdict

Looking at the overall turn-out for each version of Max Payne 3, it's fair to say Rockstar Vancouver has effectively translated its hard-boiled action game to both platforms, and you can fully enjoy the ride on either. When it comes to image quality, while the PS3 version offers a slightly sharper picture, the 360 does hold up some advantages that are more considerable to those on the bench, such as the effectiveness of its anti-aliasing, and the more flattering treatment of foliage elements.

There is also the curious issue of missing effects during specific PS3 cut-scenes, though these crop up in entirely isolated instances, where in other areas they're rendered properly. These small nips and tucks are evidently to the benefit of the frame-rate on PS3, which otherwise isn't quite as consistent as the 360 during the majority of shoot-outs. Performance is still entirely serviceable to gameplay on both platforms though, and the sense of cinematic spectacle is held up - in no small part thanks to the way core video assets and native resolutions are identical to the pixel on each platform.

For multi-platform owners unsure of which version to opt for, we'd have to give a nod to the 360 version, though it remains to be seen what advantages the eventual PC release offers. With its reported support of the DirectX 11 API, stereoscopic 3D, and with an install size listed at a whopping 35GB, it seems Rockstar is taking the conversion quite seriously. Whether that feature list translates to a tangibly superior game worth waiting a few extra weeks for though, we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Lol are you like 12 years old? I swear some CAG'S just play too much rayman origins sometimes[/QUOTE]The guy said he had never played a Max Payne game before, and I wanted to give him a good idea of what he was getting himself into. But you're right, a game that involves and this is just off the top of my head:
drugs, alcohol, a guy in a stack of tires getting lit on fire and fucking ORGAN HARVESTING
are CLEARLY themes for a 12 year old. Which I clearly am as well :D

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']12 yr. Old pimp. Must be Butters and his bottom b####.[/QUOTE]Do you know what I am saying?

forgive the newb-ish question, but does anyone think I could pm to walmart (49.99) and use the coupon (GCU) to get it at 20 or is it one of those ymmv? I ask because I could redeem a ten dollar RZ coupon to drop it to ten.

[quote name='Evt']forgive the newb-ish question, but does anyone think I could pm to walmart (49.99) and use the coupon (GCU) to get it at 20 or is it one of those ymmv? I ask because I could redeem a ten dollar RZ coupon to drop it to ten.[/QUOTE]

No, not even YMMV, because its considered double dipping.

So should I just wait to find it cheaper? Seems most people are saying it's not worth $30, but I'm a pretty big Rockstar fan, but this was also the first game of theirs I didn't buy at launch. =/

[quote name='brauma']So should I just wait to find it cheaper? Seems most people are saying it's not worth $30, but I'm a pretty big Rockstar fan, but this was also the first game of theirs I didn't buy at launch. =/[/QUOTE]

This sale has been over for a little while now, so you're going to have to wait until it gets cheaper.

[quote name='GBAstar']my printout says it is good 08/19 - 09/01[/QUOTE]

Yeah I deleted my post. I had the dates mixed up.

[quote name='GBAstar']my printout says it is good 08/19 - 09/01[/QUOTE]
Max Payne is $40 at gamestop new right now!!!!!!
Maybe we can price match gamestop and use the coupon to get it for $10!!!

Whoa, looks like today (9/1) is the last day so we'd better act quick!!

Since I'll need an override, is it better to try it at the registers in the front of the store or the game section? Who would be more willing to let it slide?

Double dipping so you'd need a nice manager.

I bought MP3 release date full price and traded it in week later. Story is really good, but MP sucked.

Looks like they extended the coupon until the 15th. Anyone try price matching to Gamestop and applying the coupon. The exclusions on the coupon don't seem to restrict this. At least there is no "cannot be combined with other offers" in the exclusions.

Theres no grey area in these coupons... It clearly states "Markdowns taken from regular prices" gl with PM+coupon.

If you are going to get Max Payne 3, get it at Target in combo pack w/ GTA4 for $34.99 then add a $1 preorder in same transaction and get a $10 gift card. This is, by far, the best deal. They also have Max Payne 3/L.A. Noire combo for $34.99 but finding the dual packages are ymmv.

Max Payne is $34.99 used at GS right now. There is a $10 off coupon for pre-owned games $29.99 & higher that is posted in this forum. If you have PUR and use the coupon you can get Max Payne 3 for $22.49 (plus any tax).

bread's done
Back