Max Payne 3 - $30 off for Best Buy GCU members ($20 for RZ)

Forsvaine

CAGiversary!
From now to September 1st, Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360 and PS3) is $20 off for Best Buy Reward Zone members (or $30 off if you have Gamers Club Unlocked). That'll bring it to down $30-$40 at Best Buy. This does not affect PC copies, if the page is to be taken at face value.

To get the discount, click "Claim This Offer" on the page, then use your Reward Zone membership number when buying the game. You can also get this offer with an iPhone or Android by downloading the Best Buy Mobile App.

As per usual, you cannot redeem this discount on the website. In-store only.

Redeem it at this site, under "Gamers Club" > "Gamers Club Offers".

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna try to get BB to PM the $41.99 Max Payne Target has on sale. Hopefully I can get Max Payne for $12.
I'll let you all know what happens.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']$30 still seems like to much for this.
I can wait .[/QUOTE]

Personally speaking, I'd hesitate to put down any more than $15 for this game. I played a little of it, and was left less than lukewarm. I'm part of a minority in that regard, though; it's an otherwise good deal.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Gonna try to get BB to PM the $41.99 Max Payne Target has on sale. Hopefully I can get Max Payne for $12.
I'll let you all know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Speak of the devil. If that actually does work (I have my doubts), then holy hell, I don't think even I can resist.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Gonna try to get BB to PM the $41.99 Max Payne Target has on sale. Hopefully I can get Max Payne for $12.
I'll let you all know what happens.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I see two things standing in your way. One, the coupon states that markdowns are taken from regular prices. And second, I can't imagine why best buy would allow a double-dip like that. Granted, there are managers out there that a) don't understand how to do their job, b) don't care, or a little of both. For your sake, I hope you find one of those managers.

[quote name='tommythethumb']Good luck with that. I see two things standing in your way. One, the coupon states that markdowns are taken from regular prices. And second, I can't imagine why best buy would allow a double-dip like that. Granted, there are managers out there that a) don't understand how to do their job, b) don't care, or a little of both. For your sake, I hope you find one of those managers.[/QUOTE]

In my experiences, Best Buy employees care about their job and know how to do it, but would actually grant me benefits anyway. I remember calling a store in Gresham, OR and an employee told me she would override the price on Twisted Metal for me because I told her about the RZ offer. No strings attached; she'd call other stores and ask them to hold it for me so I could pick it up. Ultimately, nothing came of it since no stores had copies of the game, but I was amazed nonetheless.

When I say I love Best Buy, I'm not using hyperbole.

As for this situation in question, I don't think anything will come of this. Most CAG members don't seem to have the pleasant experiences that I do, and even I think that such treatment would be a stretch to expect from my local retailers.

[quote name='Forsvaine']In my experiences, Best Buy employees care about their job and know how to do it, but would actually grant me benefits anyway. I remember calling a store in Gresham, OR and an employee told me she would override the price on Twisted Metal for me because I told her about the RZ offer. No strings attached; she'd call other stores and ask them to hold it for me so I could pick it up. Ultimately, nothing came of it since no stores had copies of the game, but I was amazed nonetheless.

When I say I love Best Buy, I'm not using hyperbole.

As for this situation in question, I don't think anything will come of this. Most CAG members don't seem to have the pleasant experiences that I do, and even I think that such treatment would be a stretch to expect from my local retailers.[/QUOTE]

it very well could work, but as always it is ymmv

[quote name='YBX87']it very well could work, but as always it is ymmv[/QUOTE]

If it works for maxpower0965, I might be tempted to try it myself. I think I could convince Best Buy to price match for me.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so does this mean Zelda SS promo is over?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sadly. I would have grabbed that if I hadn't learned about it so late. You have no idea how small my Wii library is.

Awsome deal just wish i didn't have such a huge backlog to deal with

Hey Invicta 61 awsome universal saying my kid and i just watched Transformers just the other day

Since I've already played and beaten it, I'll have to wait for $10 or less. I'd only be buying it to clean up some achievements and for the collection anyways.

I'm hoping to see this one used for $14.99 during a holiday Gamefly sale. I don't think it'll have much replay value for me but I heard it is awesome so I do want to play it through once.

[quote name='Tsel']Since I've already played and beaten it, I'll have to wait for $10 or less. I'd only be buying it to clean up some achievements and for the collection anyways.[/QUOTE]
Would you recommend for $20 if I haven't played it? How long is the campaign?

[quote name='TooPoor']Would you recommend for $20 if I haven't played it? How long is the campaign?[/QUOTE]
I never played any previous Max Payne games, this was my first. I redboxed and finished it in 3 days 2 months ago. If you don't plan on playing the multiplayer(heard its dead anyways), I would say the game is worth a play for $15 max.

[quote name='TooPoor']Would you recommend for $20 if I haven't played it? How long is the campaign?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't too short or too long. I think it took me about 13 hours to beat it on Normal difficulty. It was a fun game that definitely picked up towards the end.

^Thanks for the info guys, I actually am a fan (not hardcore though) of previous MP games, sad to see that this was poorly executed by R*. I hate games that have a short single player campaign, will wait for future drops. Thanks again htz and tsel.

As I said earlier, I don't think Max Payne 3 is that great. I think it's a game severely poisoned by hype solely because Rockstar published it. Based on the opinions of fanboys that I've had the misfortune of arguing with, evidently it's a law of the universe that everyone loves everything Rockstar releases. If you don't, then you're a person with special needs.

Fortunately, I don't buy that and I think it's ultimately a generic cover shooter with some rather predictable set pieces and a bullet time mechanic already done by several games - including the original two Max Payne games. I didn't play much of it, but if the game couldn't sell me within the few hours I played it, then my mind probably isn't going to change later on.

I don't mind if others enjoy it a lot. What I mind is when people try to invalidate my opinion just because I don't like what they decided they're going to like. But I suggest getting a second opinion if you're asking me.

Well it was a no go on getting Max Payne for $12. I was able to get it PM, to the Target price, but when I gave them my $30off the register took off the PM and it came up to $35.

Oh well , I gave it a shot. I still got $70 of TIV for my games I traded.

It was a good day.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Well it was a no go on getting Max Payne for $12. I was able to get it PM, to the Target price, but when I gave them my $30off the register took off the PM and it came up to $35.

Oh well , I gave it a shot. I still got $70 of TIV for my games I traded.

It was a good day.[/QUOTE]

So I suppose asking someone to override the price was out of the question, huh. That's too bad, but not unexpected.

This deal is kinda hogwash. New is currently just 39$ at amazon. All said and done you'd only be saving around 5$ if you're not an unlocked member.

I might try taking my reciept from my $34.99 CE and the coupon and see if I can't get a price adjustment. If it doesn't work, oh well, if it does, Max Payne 3 CE for $4.99 + tax!

[quote name='TooPoor']^I would assume most CAGs are unlocked at this point...[/QUOTE]

you'd be surprise at the # of ppl who are not unlocked

I'm not unlocked. How do you even get unlocked?

MP3 has no replay value. The cutscenes are all unskippable, pretending that they are "Loading..." during them but, really, they aren't. If you load that same checkpoint from a cold boot of your COMPUTER it won't take as long to load Windows, Rockstar Social Club, Max Payne 3, and that checkpoint than it would to sit through those awful cutscenes. I'd LOVE to replay the game. It's not as good as Max Payne 2 but the level design is on average a lot more solid. The problem is that I simply can't because I don't want to sit through all that nonsense.

It's just such a design flaw that I cannot believe Rockstar messed the bed like that in such a fundamental and all-encompassing way.

Just rent that sucker and enjoy it once.

Unless MSRP drops in the next 12 days, I don't think this deal is really worth it.
I do wonder though, if I pick up Dragon's Dogma + this online with store-pickup ($100) would I be able to use the coupon to get it adjusted at the register? That way it would come to $70 and I get $10 back.

Good job, Best Buy, for making $30 or $20 off MSRP seem like a deal when this game has been on sale for similar prices already.

I think the thread title needs to say $30-40 because $30 off previous sale prices would be a deal, but off MSRP is a joke. Just my opinion.

Max Payne is definately a rent, unless you're a big achievement/trophy getter. It has an awesome campaign but I don't think I would replay it more than twice. I recommend you try and get a free 1 night rental from redbox and just try and beat the game in 2 days. That's what I did anywayz

Question is it worth this for me?

Step 1. Trade in Mortal Kombat(didn't like it, like Soul Calibur and Street Fighter better) and Halo CE Anniversary for a total of $34 after the 100% trade in bonus credit. Get the Best Buy gift card and bring it home.

Step 2. Use said gift card towards Max Payne for $30? Is it worth even getting at that price or should I pass?

[quote name='Chin35char']Have this months coupons come out yet for unlocked members??[/QUOTE]

July+August are combined for the current issue (which I still haven't recieved, need to call CS :bomb:)

I also tried to see if the computer would let me PM the target price + use the GCU discount, and no go.

Not a problem, however, because after the 100% Bonus TIV offer this week, I payed ~$2.50 for the game out of pocket :cool:.

Also, MP3 will trade in for $26.00/27.30 after GCU this week, so it could basically be a 3-4 buck rental.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Can you price match like a $40-50 price and use this to make it $10-20?[/QUOTE]
no, that's double dipping.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']July+August are combined for the current issue (which I still haven't recieved, need to call CS :bomb:)

I also tried to see if the computer would let me PM the target price + use the GCU discount, and no go.

Not a problem, however, because after the 100% Bonus TIV offer this week, I payed ~$2.50 for the game out of pocket :cool:.

Also, MP3 will trade in for $26.00/27.30 after GCU this week, so it could basically be a 3-4 buck rental.[/QUOTE]

Ha got you beat. Preordered MP3 and when all was said an done, got paid 8 dollars to play the game. (59.99-20 GC for preorder-20 dollar price match when it went on sale-28 for tradein...)

:):):)

[quote name='kilik64']Ha got you beat. Preordered MP3 and when all was said an done, got paid 8 dollars to play the game. (59.99-20 GC for preorder-20 dollar price match when it went on sale-28 for tradein...)

:):):)[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I did too. I love getting paid to play games!

[quote name='kilik64']Ha got you beat. Preordered MP3 and when all was said an done, got paid 8 dollars to play the game. (59.99-20 GC for preorder-20 dollar price match when it went on sale-28 for tradein...)

:):):)[/QUOTE]

If we are trying to compete with people we don't even know I have you beat as well.

$63 (tax), $20GC, $20 coupon price match, $15 sale price match from when it went on sale for $45 (they said it was OK because the $20 I got off was from a coupon), $15 for not getting the DLC code, and $10 for letting a friend borrow it.

So $63-20-20-15-15-10=-17 and I still have my game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']by any chance can anyone post the sku's for the CE of MP 3? Wanna see if my local store has it for 360?[/QUOTE]

SKUs are as follows:

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360) - SKU: 2808872
Max Payne 3: Special Edition (Xbox 360) - SKU: 4223194
Max Payne 3 [Pre-Owned] (Xbox 360) - SKU: 2720171
Max Payne 3 (PS3) - SKU: 2807072
Max Payne 3: Special Edition (PS3) - SKU:
Max Payne 3 [Pre-Owned] (PS3) - SKU: 2724195
Max Payne 3 (PC) - SKU: 2808936
Max Payne 3: Special Edition (PC) - SKU:

I list these out of courtesy, mind you. The only way you can get the deal is if you buy a new copy for Xbox 360 or PS3. Only those SKUs are valid.

[quote name='miniviking10']Question is it worth this for me?

Step 1. Trade in Mortal Kombat(didn't like it, like Soul Calibur and Street Fighter better) and Halo CE Anniversary for a total of $34 after the 100% trade in bonus credit. Get the Best Buy gift card and bring it home.

Step 2. Use said gift card towards Max Payne for $30? Is it worth even getting at that price or should I pass?[/QUOTE]
If you are thinking about getting it at $30, why not throw in extra $5 and become GCU?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If we are trying to compete with people we don't even know I have you beat as well.

$63 (tax), $20GC, $20 coupon price match, $15 sale price match from when it went on sale for $45 (they said it was OK because the $20 I got off was from a coupon), $15 for not getting the DLC code, and $10 for letting a friend borrow it.

So $63-20-20-15-15-10=-17 and I still have my game.[/QUOTE]

You make your friends pay to borrow your games? :cold:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If we are trying to compete with people we don't even know I have you beat as well.

So $63-20-20-15-15-10=-17 and I still have my game.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe you would charge your friends to borrow your games.... That's low even for a CAG. (Sharing games is a staple of being a CAG...) I was going to try to PM too but I figured I got enough out of it to make it ok and wasn't worth the hassle.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']You make your friends pay to borrow your games? :cold:[/QUOTE]

I thought everybody charges their friends to borrow games. Don't you know the bigger the backlog the more money you make being a CAG. :lol:

I guess a CAG will do anything to save a few dollars even charge friends. :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back