McD's monopoly starts soon

[quote name='rolleyes']edit: If this isn't kosher to post here, let me know

I'm auctioning off a bunch of BBB on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260044984262

Looks like they'll go for pretty cheap.[/quote] Well... the main problem is that you're not supposed to be selling them on ebay....

From section 6.3.iii of the Official Rules:
"No resale or auction of Best Buy Bucks permitted."

Obviously people are doing it anyway though. I guess the worst they can do is shut down the auction.

[quote name='rolleyes']edit: If this isn't kosher to post here, let me know

I'm auctioning off a bunch of BBB on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260044984262

Looks like they'll go for pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

cause they been used already

The rules of the promotion state that each Best Buy Buck may be used only once and use of these codes would breach those rules. THESE CODES ARE TO BE BOUGHT FOR NOVELTY PURPOSES ONLY. I cannot be held responsible for any misuse of these promotional codes.

some stores are sending in these pieces and voiding the online parts of them. good way to get in trouble

Got back the last of my 100 yesterday. I got #86-99 on Thursday of last week but #100 must got lost on the way. Here's the final tally:

84 - $1
16 - $5
+ lots of food (but not a single "beef sandwich")

I'm obviously pleased with my results, but like I said before, the extra $5s I've gotten help make up for the fact that you can't use the GGC when paying with BBB.

is it too late to send SASE's in for pieces? exactly what do i do, who do I send it to or what? someone please PM me! i have a stamp meter :p

[quote name='tiredfornow']is it too late to send SASE's in for pieces? exactly what do i do, who do I send it to or what? someone please PM me! i have a stamp meter :p[/quote]
Sorry buddy, day late and a dollar short...
"Mail-in requests must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2006"
So, I guess actually 2 days late.

Does anyone have Boardwalk, Vermont Avenue, or Short Line Railroad?

If you do, I'll be willing to compensate you for them.

[quote name='Blade']Does anyone have Boardwalk, Vermont Avenue, or Short Line Railroad?

If you do, I'll be willing to compensate you for them.[/quote]

I've got all of them, and I'll give them to you for three large beef sandwich game pieces. If you don't have three large beef sandwich game pieces, I guess I'll just throw them away.

My final haul, no SASEs just looking in McDonald's garbage cans.

67 $1 BBs
12 $5 BBs

$127 total

20 Breakfast Sandwiches
2 Breakfast Meals
11 Small Soft Drinks
10 McFlurrys
12 Medium Fries
7 Large Beef sandwhiches

[quote name='Chi-Town']My final haul, no SASEs just looking in McDonald's garbage cans.

67 $1 BBs
12 $5 BBs

$127 total

20 Breakfast Sandwiches
2 Breakfast Meals
11 Small Soft Drinks
10 McFlurrys
12 Meduim Fries
7 Large Beef sandwhiches[/QUOTE]

Gross, but profitable.

Very interesting news i heard from my friend who works at mcdonalds.

Next year Mcdonalds will demand anyone requesting game pieces to include ID showing they really live in Vermont. with each request.

waits in line for the lawsuit to come out of that LOL

I'm not surprised about that, since they were requesting proof of residence to release the rest of the game pieces this year for McDonald's residents.

I'm glad that they are doing it but I do feel bad for the people who really live in Vermont that they have to go that extra trouble but with all the people renting boxes in Vermont meant everyone else had less of a chance of getting their requests back.

i sent 20 2 days before the deadline i got 17 back yesterday

18 1$ bbb
2 5$ bbb

4 free breakfast sandwhich
2 small mcflurrys
1 med fry

other then that nothing special just thought i could get lucky since they might of been one of the last ones printed :p

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']I've got all of them, and I'll give them to you for three large beef sandwich game pieces. If you don't have three large beef sandwich game pieces, I guess I'll just throw them away.[/quote]

I have three large beef sandwich gamepieces. You really have those pieces? :p

Well, I got my first shut down on using more than $3 on a video game at BB.

The cashier refused me, so I informed her that it was only CDs and DVDs that were limited, but not games. She called a manager over who said the same thing. I cited the rules and pulled out my cell phone to call corporate and she told me that they lost too much money on video games, so their GM put the limit on video games as well.

Since I was using my "crackberry" and it doesn't have the coresponding numbers for the phone keypad (and I was on my way to pick up my son), I decided I would just call later once I verified Best Buy's phone number...

UPDATE: I am on the phone with corporate right now, and it is kinda funny: they don't seem to understand their own rules. The part in the rules saying:"Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD or box set (limit does not apply to video games or computer software). Limit of $200 in Best Buy Bucks may be redeemed per customer per day (includes all visits to stores in the same day). Limit 3 of any 1 CD, DVD or video game title per store visit. Identification may be required." is meesing her up, because it says limit 3 and not $3. When I finally got her past the monetary value versus quantity (that took about ten minutes) and then she said $20 (that I was trying to use) was not allowed. I was put on hold for several minutes and then she came back and admitted I should have been allowed by the rules. She gave me a case number to take back to the store and I should not have a problem. Let's see how this goes...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Well, I got my first shut down on using more than $3 on a video game at BB.

The cashier refused me, so I informed her that it was only CDs and DVDs that were limited, but not games. She called a manager over who said the same thing. I cited the rules and pulled out my cell phone to call corporate and she told me that they lost too much money on video games, so their GM put the limit on video games as well.

Since I was using my "crackberry" and it doesn't have the coresponding numbers for the phone keypad (and I was on my way to pick up my son), I decided I would just call later once I verified Best Buy's phone number...[/quote]

Thats utter bullshit. They have to follow the rules like everyone else. Not what some pissy GM says. I'd call BB and bitch my head off if I were you.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thats utter bullshit. They have to follow the rules like everyone else. Not what some pissy GM says. I'd call BB and bitch my head off if I were you.[/quote]

I edited my post and updated it with my call, which was a pain in the @$$. (The call, not the post update)

I went back up to the same store and was refused by the cashier. I had her call over her manager who gave the same GM "$3 limit on games" story. I informed her of section 6, subsection (e) part i of the rules and that I had already spoke to coporate. She said that they couldn't do anything and I showed her that I had a case number and that the rules expressly state games were exempt, so they took my pieces and had me wait to the side in the front of the registers while a "manager looked into things." I stood there for about ten minutes and asked for my pieces back. After a few more minutes, I pulled out my blackberry and called corporate and was very loud in explaining my case number and my reason for calling.

Luckily, the hold time for BB corporate is five minutes less than forever. By the time I got to the third CSR (and my call was at just over 20 minutes), the first mgr I had spoken to came back and told me that they would honor it.

So, now I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but I am still going to write a letter; there is no reason why I had to wait 30 minutes for a GM contradicting their own rules.

It's ridiculous how many problems people are having redeeming the BBB. They specifically added the $3 limit does not apply to video games into the rules this year because of all the problems everyone had last year so you would think they would know by now that there is no limit other than the $200 a day (which is a whole other issue since I have read on SD, quite a few stories where people using $200 in BBB are being accused of stealing them and the store doesn't want to honor that many)

anyone want 43 codes for online for a chance at the snapfish codes you can keep whatever u win unless you wanna be nice i dont care :p.due to time i can only e-mail these codes i will type them correctly and all i ask is 1 dollar paypal for the work of typing them in just pm me if your interested.

Had my 1st problem today though not major. I was told I could only use $3 on a game. I had the rules with me and showed the cashier where it says limit does not apply to videogames. He saw I was right so called a manager who was surprised about this. I heard another manager say it was strange they changed the rules this year since the rules have been the same every year with a $3 limit on video games (I was annoyed at that comment because I was thinking that the rules haven't changed, it's just a lot of BB stores have been incorecctly enforcing a limit on video games).

They did accept them though. I had the rules with me in past transactions but never needed them (this year) so I suggest anyone using their BBB on games or computer software, bring the rules with you just in case.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Had my 1st problem today though not major. I was told I could only use $3 on a game....[/quote] I had the same problem and pretty much the same results but it took me a lot longer to convince them because the not-so-bright manager was confused by the wording.

if anyone got any codes now is the time to use them. I entered 9 monopoly codes on the online game and got back 7 snapfish free pics codes. I can part with 1 code - pm me if interested. (CODE IS CLAIMED). It seems now that the game is over and everyone entered their codes early before the online game is over Nov 14th, there are a lot of leftover snapfish prizes going unclaimed.

[quote name='avatar94']Snapfish codes. Enjoy.

3K67ALGSVJDN
T6N356F9PH94
D6TJ3Y497TP6
6XR23DYJQZEF
9L23E88I44EE[/quote]
Someone used them without posting :cry:

Anymore? Please PM.

I went to another BB today and again was told I could only use $3 on a game. I had the rules so they had to call the manager and like the store last week he was shocked they "changed" the rules to not have a limit on videogames. It wasn't a problem after that but I can't believe how many stores and managers are convinced the limit is $3 on a game before they see the rules.

bread's done
Back