McFarlane Halo 3 Figures

I don't know about online by my Wal-Mart did have them on an endcap in toys but they didn't have the Cortanna one. The only other chain B&M's that are supposed to have them are Toys R Us and Gamestop, although Gamestop charges $3 more for them than WM or TRU. I had to go to Gamestop though to get their only Cortanna.

I don't know about stores that would have them in stock, but if you really want stuff like that at a good price, you should preorder them through sites that use the Diamond Previews books. Like mail order comic book sites or possibly statue/action figure sites.

www.mailordercomics.com is one site I use for comics/statues/figures preorders. Their standard discount is 20% off, but items can be up to 38% off, just depends on what you're preordering.

try amazon.com for reasonable online pricing - also check out McFarlane's own 'spawn.com' online store, though alot of them show out of stock.

I've picked up most of my stuff @ reasonable pricing - though I did have to shell out $ 24.99 for an orange grunt - I got sick of looking everywhere and paid the heavily marked up price @ a local store.

bigbadtoystore.com has some of them in stock, though again it's a bit marked up from sugg. retail - good luck.

REWN

We got them in at GameCrazy, but they're $12.99 each. There were 2 of each in the box. We only got the Green Master Chiefs though. Hastings has them too. The Hastings here has a white spartan, which isn't listed as part of the series.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is it just my imagination or are action figures getting smaller and smaller? or is it just the fact that i am older?[/quote]

Smaller? Do you not remember the Transformers and GI Joes from the 80s? They're getting bigger, more detailed, and more articulated (which sometimes isn't a good thing). Of course, they're more expensive too. :p

the spread on toys in each case was
1 Cortana
1 Grunt
1 Spartan Soldier Red Armor [EVA]
1 Spartan Soldier Red Armor [Mark VI]
2 Master Chiefs
2 Jackal Snipers
2 Brute Chieftans
2 Spartan Soldiers White Armor [Mark VI]

if you live in a town with greedy comic shops they probably picked up all the Cortana figures they could find cheap.
Considering Walmart & TRU sell these figures at comic/specialty store wholesale prices. The local comic shop may order 1 case to figure out the figure rarity then pick up all the rare figures everyone will want. The light up cortana is very popular and looks good in the dark.

I remember watching this happening to a serious degree back in the day when the Maxx figure was the rare figure in that assortment or the Angela figure in another assortment.

Figures are getting smaller and more expensive every time I turn around.

1 Spartan Soldier Red Armor [EVA]
I want this one very badly if anyone finds this please pm me with a price!

EDIT: I hear the cortana ones are rare are they?

some TRU around here got the figs like last week. they only got MC, BC, Grunt, Red Spartan, JS..... but no other figs that were mentioned. plus the retail was like $12.

so it's pretty much a hit and miss, and how of these stuff gets allocated in your area. if none, guess getting it online like BBTS is the way to go if you want a complete line. unless you just need some of the characters, then i suggest grabbing them at retail.

"Greedy comic stores" pay much more than Walmart does for toys, which is why comic store prices for figures are higher.

Our cases had 1 Master Chief, 1 Cortanna, 2 white spartans (comic shop exclusive I believe a customer told me), 2 red spartans (each with a different helmet variation), and I think 2 of all the other characters.

The white Spartans are not comic-shop exclusive, they are retail exclusive to some stores however. Why is Cortana so sought after!

[quote name='MrSneis']The white Spartans are not comic-shop exclusive, they are retail exclusive to some stores however. Why is Cortana so sought after![/quote]

:hot::hot::hot:Cause she's hot! :hot::hot::hot:

(not to me, but to halo fan-boys!)

I saw these at toys r us and was not impressed.

especially since I already have this:

pa.99093.3.jpg

[quote name='NegativeZero']

pa.99093.3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

All it needs is a gravity hammer add on.

I have no urge to buy these in all honesty. After seeing how tiny they are compared to the Joyride Studios ones, McFarlane can suck it down.

[quote name='NegativeZero']

pa.99093.3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I picked that up, too. Did you see the second one? It was in last month's Previews.

Cortana had been announced as the second statue in the line, but this one will ship first. All the weapons are interchangeable between statues.

bread's done
Back