MechAssault 2 Clan

sj41

CAGiversary!
Clan name: CheapAssGamer
Motto: Cheap for life!

I started a MechAssault 2 clan for CAG that can have CAGs and friends of theirs. Please post in here if you would like to join. I hope this can be successful. :)

Gametag: STICKY WAFFLES

I am going to send you a friend invite. I want to join the clan I don't have the game yet but I am getting it in an hour or so.

Anybody up for some Conquest? What house are you guys in?

I still think you could have been a little more creative with the name :p

I'm in Marik... If anyone in Marik wants to get together and do some Conquest, let me know.

I didn't exactly jump on the bandwagon, I joined Marik on the first day the game was out.

We should start a new thread. I'm an online junkie. Love the competition. Halo2 is amazing, but I LOVE Mechassault 2. I didn't really like the first one all that much. The added element of entering a mech/battle armor/vtol/tank/ etc.

The strategies are great and flying hanging onto the Vtol is rad.

We gotta get a clan together for this. It looks like the person who began this post is leaving CAG. I hope someone gets on this.

This game is a GEM and the whole Conquest thing could be very cool.

Let's set up a crew and get the CAGs onto this game. I've hardly seen any mention of it on this site.

[quote name='sj41']Name: CAG MECH CLAN

I started a MechAssault 2 clan for CAG that can have CAGs and friends of theirs. Please post in here if you would like to join. I hope this can be successful. :)[/quote]

Are you still doing this? The yellow type at the bottom makes me think you aren't. We need to set up a CAG clan for this. I really dig this game.

My tag is Delta Force 116.

Count me in.

add me: gaelan

i should be getting this game today or tomorrow...or whenever Circuit City and get off their lazy arses and stock the shelves.

Oooh, pick me pick me!!
My Bee Itches is my GT.
I specialize in jacking people off (of thier mechs, you dirty boys).

my GT is: elSantoNegro..

Honestly, Ive had this game since it came out.. but havent opened it.. Ive been playing Halo 2 all this time.. But Im thinking of cracking it open tonight..
Add me to your Friends List.. I'll be on looking for some games..

I too didnt like the first one.. but had some credit to burn so I got this one. If its as good as they say.. My halo2 disc might start collecting dust..
:D but I doubt it.. :wink:

[quote name='sj41']Name: CAG MECH CLAN

I started a MechAssault 2 clan for CAG that can have CAGs and friends of theirs. Please post in here if you would like to join. I hope this can be successful. :)[/quote]

sj, what's your gt?

[quote name='elSantoNegro']my GT is: elSantoNegro..

Honestly, Ive had this game since it came out.. but havent opened it.. Ive been playing Halo 2 all this time.. But Im thinking of cracking it open tonight..
Add me to your Friends List.. I'll be on looking for some games..

I too didnt like the first one.. but had some credit to burn so I got this one. If its as good as they say.. My halo2 disc might start collecting dust..
:D but I doubt it.. :wink:[/quote]

Its a toss up which is better. I'm currently playing the hell out of Mechassault 2. Its so much better than the first one.

Hey why dont we be like the Halo 2 l33tist bitches and create a side arm of the CAG Mech clan. J/K

Ill be on at 9ish ET so lets practice.

I'm confused, is anyone heading up this clan? I haven't gotten the invite. I like the off shoot idea if no one gets this one going. I can play any night but tonight...seeing as how its the best college football game ever.

let me know

[quote name='sying']Hey why dont we be like the Halo 2 l33tist bitches and create a side arm of the CAG Mech clan. J/K[/quote]

:x

[quote name='GameDude']I have the beta of this game and mech 2's ctf is trash compared to the first.[/quote]

how does it differ?

My roommate bought it, so I'm sharing his copy, but you can find me online at times. I mostly play Conquest in the Marik house.

Having played both games, I like the variety of vehicles and tactical options in 2. I thought it would be just more circle-strafing mechs, but it feels much more diverse than that.

Also a suggestion for the Clan name:
CAG: Jack the Planet

Any Marik's up for some Conquest? We're not doing too well right now.

I thought it would be just more circle-strafing mechs
Mech 1 wasn't much on circle strafing either... Unless you were a tiny little fast mech running around a very large mech, which is both humorous and fun.

The CTF on here is a bit different because of the VTOL's. You can fly a VTOL in with 2 battle armor's, one can grab the flag, hop back on the VTOL, and fly home and score. It happens surprisingly often, even though the VTOL can be killed with two good hits. Plus you have to get out of your mech, get the flag, and get back in. I never played CTF on Mech 1 though, and I won't on Mech 2, I'm just not a big fan of CTF with mech's.

If anyone needs help with the game, I'm not too busy right now, doesn't seem to be a lot of Marik's around today.

And whats wrong with just calling your clan Cheapassgamer like last time?

[quote name='diggityjones'][quote name='sj41']Name: CAG MECH CLAN

Are you still doing this? The yellow type at the bottom makes me think you aren't. We need to set up a CAG clan for this. I really dig this game.[/quote]That was just me being pissed of at Mooky Jooky. :wink:

Sorry about not being on CAG or MechAssault 2 the past few of days. But, now I'm back and ready to play.

If anyone else wants to head the clan, I really don't mind, but I'm getting on now and I'm going to add everyone who posted their gamertag so far. Hope to see some of you guys on sometime. :)

And I can change the name of the clan (I think) if that's a problem.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='sj41']Name: CAG MECH CLAN

sj, what's your gt?[/quote] :oops: Didn't include that. It's STICKY WAFFLES.

If we can get enough people to join, then we can really have a clan where we practice and communicate well. We'll see how it works out, but if we only get a few people that will play, that really won't be too bad.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='sj41']Name: CAG MECH CLAN

sj, what's your gt?[/quote] :oops: Didn't include that. It's STICKY WAFFLES.

[/quote]

thought so...i've played a couple of halo2 games with you...CC should be sending my game anyday not...see you then.

Hey Sticky Waffles,

Any updates on sending out clan invites? I checked in MA2 today and did not see one. Just checking.
Are we still planning on forming a CAG clan?

[quote name='cgh312']Hey Sticky Waffles,

Any updates on sending out clan invites? I checked in MA2 today and did not see one. Just checking.
Are we still planning on forming a CAG clan?[/quote]Yeah, I'm on MechAssault 2 right now and I'm going to send the invites. I had friends over this weekend, so I never had the chance to add everybody. Expect all invites to have been sent within the next 30 minutes. :)

MaskedPlague, it says that your gamertag doesn't exist. Please let me know if a space is there or something.

maximopayne isn't found also. :?

buster90, what's your gamertag? I'm not sure if I got a friend invite from you.

All invites sent except for (due to reasons already mentioned):

MaskedPlague
bjschre
buster90

EDIT- And I changed the name to CHEAP ASS GAMER. We can change it whenever we want to, so if we come up with something, better, I'll change it.

EDIT 2- Alright, they said that the name contains bad words so I don't think they will accept it. :roll: However, I changed it to CheapAssGamer and it works, so...

Clan name: CheapAssGamer

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='cgh312']Hey Sticky Waffles,

Are we still planning on forming a CAG clan?[/quote]Yeah, I'm on MechAssault 2 right now and I'm going to send the invites. I had friends over this weekend, so I never had the chance to add everybody. Expect all invites to have been sent within the next 30 minutes. :)[/quote]

did you send me an invite? i checked last night but didn't see anything

gaelan

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='cgh312']Hey Sticky Waffles,

Are we still planning on forming a CAG clan?[/quote]Yeah, I'm on MechAssault 2 right now and I'm going to send the invites. I had friends over this weekend, so I never had the chance to add everybody. Expect all invites to have been sent within the next 30 minutes. :)[/quote]

did you send me an invite? i checked last night but didn't see anything

gaelan[/quote]Yes. I'm sure I sent you one. If you checked it after I made the post you quoted, I sent it to you. (I actually remember typing out your name :) ).

daz, I'll send you an invite next time I'm on. And I'll PM the guys soon if the invite wouldn't send.

Can some of you guys play Saturday night? That's when I'll be playing the most, but I should also be on Friday night for a couple hours.

I guess I'll just play Halo 2 or Fable right now. If anyone wants to play MechAssault 2, post here or send me a friend invite/game invite and I'll come to the game if we can get atleast a few guys. :)

Some tips, some for Conquest:

If you see me in a room, let me know you're from CAG, so I'm not a prick to you (I'm usually nice anyway).

If you're not great at the game, or haven't played through the campaign, don't play Conquest. Every loss hurts your house. Play Optimatch until you're at least decent, since you won't hurt anything but your personal stats for the month.

If you must play Conquest anyway, play more attacking games than defense. Losing defense games means giving planets to the other team, you literally lose nothing if no one defends. My house has a habit of conquering a lot of planets at night when the good players are on, and giving them all back during the day, when the shit players and 10 year olds are on.

Don't rush at the other team by yourself. Stay with the group, get powered up at the landing pad first, if available. If you take a battle armor and are not good at it, or are good at it but playing against good players, you're useless. If you're good with the tank, and by that I mean good at shooting their legs and tripping them, do that if you can't or won't be a mech. Otherwise, take a mech.

Use cover as much as possible, especially with smaller mechs. Out in the open is not where you want to be. Think as a person, instead of a 100 ton mech. Would you run out into an open field, in a warzone? (The answer is no). Use the terrain to your advantage.

If you don't know how to use the VTOL, don't use the VTOL. You'll kill your team. On every level that uses VTOL's, every team absolutely needs a good one. And that may or may not be you.

Do not kill your teammates. Do not shoot someone if they took the mech you wanted. Do not plant pilot bombs at your own base. Do not stand next to a teammate, or empty mechs in your spawn, when you're about to die. Do not kill your teammates.

Communicate with your teammates. Communication is absolutely essential. A group of average players that communicate well and work well as a team, can beat a team of better players, playing as individuals.

Again, take your lumps in Optimatch if you're still figuring the game out. Don't try Conquest until you're better at the game. Also, hiding behind hills and terrain is not "cheap". Do you expect people to form nice, neat rows and columns, out in the open, like some 18th century Redcoats? Its their job, and your job, to make it as difficult as possible to be killed. Play like your life is on the line. Don't rush out into the open against 4 enemies.

Good tips, Dafoomie. Thanks. :)

Sorry that this clan hasn't done anything. I don't even think I've played MechAssault 2 with anyone here. I played it off and on last night, and will hopefully play it alot this week, too. Hope some of you can play.

You can add me if you want I don't play that much but I play here and there. I hope I don't get kicked out after a week for not playing like the Halo 2 clan.

bread's done
Back