MechWarrior 4 free [FOR REAL THIS TIME] from MekTek

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh fuck yes.

I need to find my joystick before tonight, plan on playing the hell out of this.

Daishi with no heatsinks and 3 Heavy Gauss in the chest slots, here I come :D

Holy crap I'm busting out my old joystick for this. Finally a game my crappy laptop with a Radeon 3200 can play!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']http://www.mektek.net/projects/at1/index.html

It was teased a few months ago:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230186&highlight=mechwarrior

It goes live @ Midnight Pacific Standard time tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, isn't that counter indicating it is going to be live at midnight EASTERN standard time? For example, it says 6hr 45min right now, and it's 5:15pm EST.

Either way, this is great.

Edit: It seems like the counter is on a very simple timer that goes off of your PC clock. I moved mine an hour ahead and the timer went down to 5hr 35min, and when I moved it back to EST it went back up to 6hr 35min.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mektek obtained the rights to the freeware release of Mechwarrior 4 this past summer, but as others said this isn't it as you can tell by the url /projects/at1.

Someday they'll actually release MW4, but they are sure taking their time with it.

Yea, they are doing MW4 also, but this timer is for their own project, not MW. If you check the url for the flash file it references "at1" - that is the project they are working on.

[quote name='rawrker']Mektek obtained the rights to the freeware release of Mechwarrior 4 this past summer, but as others said this isn't it as you can tell by the url /projects/at1.

Someday they'll actually release MW4, but they are sure taking their time with it.[/QUOTE]
There are unresolved legal and software issues impeding the release of MW4.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Weak, I was looking forward to getting this for f-r-e-e.[/QUOTE]
You will get MW4 + its multitude of expansions for free. Just not today.

Geez, how depressing! I've been waiting for the release of the free MW4 stuff for months! I thought today was the day.:cry:

Back to the excruciating waiting game.

Is this one of the games the community has gotten the Steel Battalion controller to work with? Because that would be sweet as hell.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Aw, man! D: I hope this isn't dead already. I remember posting in this thread... Damn. Half a year ago? o_O Time flies when you're a CAG. :p[/QUOTE]

It's not dead. Their site is just getting hammered, obviously. The game should be freely available indefinitely.

[quote name='SDC']Is this one of the games the community has gotten the Steel Battalion controller to work with? Because that would be sweet as hell.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading something about how to config that controller to MW4. You'll need an xbox to usb adapter, but it should work.

Google around, I know it's out there.

I see alot of people talking about joysticks for this game. Anyone know if it's playable with a mouse and keyboard, or maybe an 360 controller?

Nameserver trace for www.mektek.net:

• Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed g.root-servers.net.
  • Looking for who is responsible for net and followed h.gtld-servers.net.
  • Looking for who is responsible for mektek.net and followed ns2.saltwaves.com.
Nameservers for www.mektek.net:

• ns1.saltwaves.com returned (SERVFAIL)
  • ns2.saltwaves.com returned (SERVFAIL)

Damn. It's probably a lot to ask from them but since it is free now they could have also created a torrent and allowed us to share it amongst ourselves.

For anyone wondering, MTX is working again, for now. The forums are back up as well. Mektek.net is still down, though.

Hopefully they won't run into anymore problems, I'd actually like to get this slow download finnished, lol.

Here is the link to the forums for anyone who wants to check them out.

MekTek Forums

Mine pretty much stopped downloading..

I posted something on their forums, so I'm hoping they can figure it out soon.

[quote name='Fragger']Just got a download link for the newest version if anyone needs it.

It's version 1.0.3.5
http://mtxgear.mektek.net/mtx/beta/SetupMTX1.0.3.5.exe

You'll have to uninstall the current version from add/remove programs before this will install.

Hopefully this will work now..[/QUOTE]

Thats a pretty small file, does it download more once you get into setup? Is that the whole game with fixes?

bread's done
Back