Medal of Honor (360/PS3) $20 dollar credit at Amazon - PM!

Still not enough to get me off the Kmart train. Gonna use Castlevania: LoS as the springboard and won't pay full price for all the games I'm buying for the rest of the year, possibly beyond. This coming from somebody with Prime and doesn't pay tax.

[quote name='legendarydogs']I am going to wait for it to drop in price. I bet I will find it for $30 at black friday.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I bet you won't.

[quote name='legendarydogs']I am going to wait for it to drop in price. I bet I will find it for $30 at black friday.[/QUOTE]

I just got it for 32 on eastore with 50off coupon lol.

[quote name='bojay1997']Too little too late. Between Amazon's declining customer service, poor packaging, slow shipping and inability to get my credits straight, I think I'm going with Kmart on this one.[/QUOTE]
Not to go too OT, but I've noticed that too.

[quote name='poker360']***WARNING*****

I played the beta.

This game is fucking terrible as shit.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been hearing on some of the bigger gaming podcasts, too. Seems like DICE's focus is on Battlefield 3.

[quote name='poker360']***WARNING*****

I played the beta.

This game is fucking terrible as shit.[/QUOTE]

I played the beta on PC and didn't think it was "fucking terrible as shit" at all. For the record I feel that if you dig Bad Company you'll most likely enjoy the flow of MOH since it's very similar.

I played the beta, I won't lie to you, it was absolutely horrible but I'm still reserving it. Worse case scenario it is horrible & you cancel your preorder. I understand it was a beta & when my ps3 wasn't freezing it was fun. I wouldn't call it an actual cross between cod & bf more like cod with bf loadouts/classes.

I think for the price I paid, I'm getting a slick deal. So this had decent SP with good MP.(I'm sure beta helped with it's issues...) followed with future access to BF3 plus MoH Frontlines HD?

Normally I skip these "b" rated games but the content offsets it's crappyness lol.

I guess it all really depends on the platform you tested the beta on. With all the delays of the 360 version it sounded like it had the most issues. I had no problem with the PC version whatsoever though. I personally didn't think I'd dig MOH at all, but I've always been a fan of Battlefield since 1942. When I heard DICE was working on the multiplayer I was interested. Not going to lie though, I played the beta for a WHILE until I actually enjoyed it. At first I honestly just felt like it was a COD wannabe and didn't really enjoy it whatsoever. Regardless, this doesn't have retarded OP'd nukes, so I'd rather play this than MW2 haha.

Thanks OP, pre-ordered for PS3 to get MoH: Frontline. Might wind up canceling it once the reviews start flowing in. I played the beta on both PC and Xbox 360 and felt it kind of sucked but it was a beta, not a full on release. I love the crap out of BFBC2 though so I am hoping DICE fixed the problems.

Even if I don't like it I figure I can still turn around and sell it for at least $40, so no loss really.

Showed as $20 in my checkout page, I wanted to keep my credits rolling, so used my $20 from Reach for this, but was disappointed that the COD:Black Ops credit is no more, would have preferred that, but this game looks promising.

This works out perfectly for me because since Two Worlds 2 was delayed until January, I had a spare $60 and the only other game I could see myself pre-ordering that I didn't already have pre-ordered was Medal of Honor.

Also, since the beta Dice has made a ridiculous amount of changes/fixes. There's a list somewhere if you want to look at it. That doesn't mean the multiplayer will be great, but it's gotta be better than the beta at least.

EA just went and censored their own product. They are dropping the taliban from moh. In other words, they are renaming them "Opposing Forces." Guess EA doesn't have much of a backbone.
http://www.destructoid.com/ea-loses-spine-drops-taliban-from-medal-of-honor-185369.phtml

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/10/multiplayer-change

Greg Goodrich (EA):
"This is a very important voice to the Medal of Honor team. This is a voice that has earned the right to be listened to. It is a voice that we care deeply about. Because of this, and because the heartbeat of Medal of Honor has always resided in the reverence for American and Allied soldiers, we have decided to rename the opposing team in Medal of Honor multiplayer from Taliban to Opposing Force."

I think "USA/ Army" should be changed too, to Freedom Fighters or Oppressors ;P (Credit to GAF for funny comments)

This is a fictional game, not sure why get so sensitive or mad about a name.

I may cancel my order because I don't support censorship TBH. Game wasn't really all that appealing to me since it's starting to look too much like Call of Money anyhow.

Anyone know if this game is going to be good? I mean, the multiplayer looks awesome and stuff, but COD: Black Ops is coming a half a month after this game. What is everyone going to play?

[quote name='PublikDefender']EA just went and censored their own product. They are dropping the taliban from moh. In other words, they are renaming them "Opposing Forces." Guess EA doesn't have much of a backbone.
http://www.destructoid.com/ea-loses-spine-drops-taliban-from-medal-of-honor-185369.phtml

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/10/multiplayer-change

Greg Goodrich (EA):
"This is a very important voice to the Medal of Honor team. This is a voice that has earned the right to be listened to. It is a voice that we care deeply about. Because of this, and because the heartbeat of Medal of Honor has always resided in the reverence for American and Allied soldiers, we have decided to rename the opposing team in Medal of Honor multiplayer from Taliban to Opposing Force."[/QUOTE] That is totally unacceptable. It's ridiculous that companies censor things because a small minority of idiots bitch and moan.

[quote name='kak23']That is totally unacceptable. It's ridiculous that companies censor things because a small minority of idiots bitch and moan.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was "just" a small minority. ALL US military bases have banned Medal of Honor from their bases everywhere because you could play as the "Taliban" in the game. This is an extreme in my opinion, but I do understand that it will bring many of us Americans discomfort. EA may or may not have performed the right choice, but we gamers should not care so much about this name change. The game play will still be the same and its just a damn name.

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']ALL US military bases have banned Medal of Honor from their bases everywhere because you could play as the "Taliban" in the game.[/QUOTE]Which is an absolute disgrace. Why fight for freedom when censorship exists on your own home soil? Completely inappropriate behavior on GameStop's behalf and I'm ashamed to even share a country with those cunts.

[quote name='meta460085']Will this game be any good?[/QUOTE]
Yes this game will be good but there will still be haters and CoD fanboys that think it sucks. I wasn't crazy about the beta when it was first released but they did try to improve it and listened to the feedback from players. Unlike MW2 that hasn't had an update on PS3 in forever, yeah i'm looking at you Fuel rock glitch.

[quote name='bojay1997']Too little too late. Between Amazon's declining customer service, poor packaging, slow shipping and inability to get my credits straight, I think I'm going with Kmart on this one.[/QUOTE]

I have never experienced any of this. Their customer service has always been perfect for me over 3 years. Packaging is fine.

And they offer release day shipping for only $.99. You can't beat that.

[quote name='Jodou']Which is an absolute disgrace. Why fight for freedom when censorship exists on your own home soil? Completely inappropriate behavior on GameStop's behalf and I'm ashamed to even share a country with those cunts.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was the Commanding General of the Army and Air Force Exchange Services who made the order to have on-base Gamestops to ban the game, not Gamestop themselves.

Also, the Taliban were renamed to Opposing Force only in the multiplayer, you're still fighting them in the single player.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Actually it was the Commanding General of the Army and Air Force Exchange Services who made the order to have on-base Gamestops to ban the game, not Gamestop themselves.

Also, the Taliban were renamed to Opposing Force only in the multiplayer, you're still fighting them in the single player.[/QUOTE]
I only heard that GameStop made the conscious decision to cancel all pre-orders, but if coercion was the motivating factor then that's worse. And I don't care what you call them, it's the principle of the thing.

I was going to jump on board with the Amazon preorder so I logged onto my Amazon account only to realize I've had it preordered for over a month already. Thanks for bringing that to my attention OP, haha.

Great deal but since i love reach so much i will wait a few weeks or a month for the price to drop down to 30 shipped from dell or something. This game had such a bad rep from the beta i bet the price will maybe even go down to $20 shipped new in no time...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Great deal but since i love reach so much i will wait a few weeks or a month for the price to drop down to 30 shipped from dell or something. This game had such a bad rep from the beta i bet the price will maybe even go down to $20 shipped new in no time...[/QUOTE]

If it gets anything above a rating of 8 (on average), don't expect it to drop any time before Christmas.

It was a Beta of about 800 mbs and it felt more like a demo
from what i read is that they fixed the problems of the "Beta"

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']If it gets anything above a rating of 8 (on average), don't expect it to drop any time before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

You underestimate the power of Black Friday. I remember getting Dragon Age: Origins for $35 last Black Friday, and that came out a month before.

[quote name='mac101010']You underestimate the power of Black Friday. I remember getting Dragon Age: Origins for $35 last Black Friday, and that came out a month before.[/QUOTE]
and l4d2 came out at 35 bucks. ;)

oh lawd
i dont know what to do
cancel or leave the preorder

Hm..I may just pre-order this so i can get in on the online action from day 1. It would be a nice diversion from Halo: Reach too. I can see this being cheaper during Black Friday but since I have a $20 credit from Reach plus the $20 that comes with MOH it's not that big of a deal. Pre-ordered =)

[quote name='darknight88']I think "USA/ Army" should be changed too, to Freedom Fighters or Oppressors ;P (Credit to GAF for funny comments)

This is a fictional game, not sure why get so sensitive or mad about a name.[/QUOTE]

dob't forget the new Obamaism's. Change war on terrorism to "overseas contingency operation". Maybe throw in some low paid "misplaced tourists"

This isn't really the topic for it but do you think we could all email amazon and have them PM Need for Speed Hot Pursuit since it's $20 GC at Walmart. That would be great if we could do that and get back the $20 credit from Black Ops too but that may be pushing it lol

[quote name='mac101010']You underestimate the power of Black Friday. I remember getting Dragon Age: Origins for $35 last Black Friday, and that came out a month before.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you have to stand in line to get such a deal?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Wouldn't you have to stand in line to get such a deal?[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon had that deal last year, so no.

bread's done
Back