Mega Man 10 out on March 11th! Who's buying it!!?

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5470195/mega-man-10-out-next-month-hits-wii-first

Seems like Capcom isn't done with giving us 8-bit, hard as nails, blue-bomber goodness! Still haven't beat the first one on how hard it is, have like 3 bosses left, but nevertheless going to get this game and get my ass handed to me as well :bomb: Its going to be fun juggling all these games around. Especially when FFXIII hits or as I like to call it D-Day.

But a little side note. Its great that Capcom is making new Mega Man 8-bit games, but I was always a bigger fan of his 16-bit era. Because not only did you get new powers when you defeated a boss, you could also look for hidden passages for armor upgrades. Maybe someday Capcom will start making new 16-bit Mega Man games. I just think they're having a hard time thinking of a new title. I thought Mega Man Xx would do decent, but almost sounds like the Blue Bombers first entry into the pron industry :roll:

Some Reviews

Kotaku Review

[youtube]sht3S-Um3mI[/youtube]

[youtube]b_WkpcmgrTg[/youtube]

[youtube]uG4SvjWVQdg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
You bet. Gotta support all the new 2D games we've been getting. We asked, they finally deliver. And not just from Capcom a lot of games are coming out in 2D.

I also liked MMX a lot but will gladly take the good ol' MM too.

Day 1 most definitely. MM9 was tough, but I loved it. I do hope that, if they plan to keep doing this, they eventually make their way toward the Mega Man X type play. The addition of charge shots would be great, but more than that I'd love to see them put in the wall jump/slide stuff, as that made some of the tricky power-ups so much fun to try and get.

Cap'n_RDM;6835510]Day 1 for me but I'll be getting it for the Wii. I don't know why but I like my 8-bit Mega Man on a Nintendo console.[/QUOTE] I can understand that said:
And that's what I'd love to see in a new X game. Harder ways to get the better armor upgrades and hearts. I remember there was one heart on Mega Man x2 where there was a long hallway of spikes and you had to do the jump/dash then in air dash then the power you got from one of the bosses to make your dash longer... Or something like that. I remember I died so many times before I found that out and finally got that heart :roll:

Day 1, no question.

I don't know, the Wii remote's d-pad is so small it kills my thumb. I'd prefer to play it on a Nintendo console, too, but the DS3 seems like such a better option control-wise.

Although... New SMB Wii was mostly side-to-side platforming and I did alright with that. Has anyone played on both systems that can comment on controls? I played MM9 on PS3 and thought it controlled fine.

Also... I don't care that much but Trophies increase the appeal slightly platform-wise.

I have MM9 on the 360, loved it. And I've been waiting in anticipation for this one since it was announced last year, can't wait. First day buy for me for sure, I absolutely love Mega Man. Huge fan of all the series. I'll be getting this one on the Wii since I have some points saved up.

Also for anyone who might want to check it out: http://feckis.com/2010/02/12/mega-m...allenges-normaleasy-comparison-release-dates/ There's a few images and screenshots of the game. All the Boss Power-Ups pictured!

[quote name='defmonkey05']

I have the first one on the 360 and that game annoys me to no end because of the crapty d-pad. And that's how Mega Man should be played with, not with a stick!
[/QUOTE]
Get the Hori Pad Ex2.Well,maybe not know because it's having ghosting issues(sticks moving things on screen on there on).Get it eventually.

I love MegaMan 9.Ill be getting MegaMan 10 the second it is released on Xbox 360/PS3.

if it's even half as good as MM9 it'll be a worthy day-1 purchase

but man i still havent beaten MM9, wiley's castle is just brutal

[quote name='Koggit']if it's even half as good as MM9 it'll be a worthy day-1 purchase

but man i still havent beaten MM9, wiley's castle is just brutal[/QUOTE]

Same here. I beat everything up to Wiley's castle. I'll end up getting MM10 anyway someday. I'll get it on PS3 since I have MM9 on it and also prefer the controller.

I haven't beaten 9 yet. That damned germ boss near the end is a bitch. It seems like he has no pattern, I know it does. It's just really hard to figure it out.

He makes me lose most of my lives and after that fighting all the bosses and Wily's 3 forms, I just can't. u_u

I'll still buy 10 though.

mega man games are hard your first play through, but once you know the patterns and what weapons to use, its a pretty easy game... like a lot of nes games, recognizing the pattern is key.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I haven't beaten 9 yet. That damned germ boss near the end is a bitch. It seems like he has no pattern, I know it does. It's just really hard to figure it out.

He makes me lose most of my lives and after that fighting all the bosses and Wily's 3 forms, I just can't. u_u

I'll still buy 10 though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the pattern's there. He's a long fight, but there's not much to him once you get the pattern.

Pretty much the other Mega Man's. Alot of video games back in the day were hard like mm9. That is why the NES will always rule
[quote name='Koggit']what nes game had anything as hard as mm9's wiley's castle?[/QUOTE]

The original Mega Man game is considered to be one of the toughest games ever. Not in the leagues of Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden, but definitely up there.

You basically dropped like a cannonball, 4 hits from a boss and you were dead (2 if you came in contact with them) and last but not least, no password system. You had to beat the game in a single sitting. Mega Man 2 was much easier, but 3-6 were harder because of their length more than anything (ESPECIALLY 3). 7 was just terrible, and along with 8, both had Wily Castle issues.

Yeah, I know =P. I played everyone up till the ZX and Network series--bleh, bad taste. I'm just waiting for an original Megaman game that bridges to the X series. Knowing Capcom though, they rather milk it than reveal that plot of the story.

[quote name='Koggit']what nes game had anything as hard as mm9's wiley's castle?[/QUOTE]

you havent played many nes games, have you?

battletoads
ninja gaiden 1
ninja gaiden 2
silver surfer
teenage mutant ninja turtles
top gun (landing on the boat is harder than anything mm9 related lol)
ghosts n goblins
mega man 1

i could go on, but ill stop there. again, watch the pattern and know what weapon to use. its easy. i played the first contra so many times i can speed run that game under 20 minutes without dying.

[quote name='Nirron']The addition of charge shots would be great, but more than that I'd love to see them put in the wall jump/slide stuff, as that made some of the tricky power-ups so much fun to try and get.[/QUOTE]

I think they gave MM the charge shot too starting in part 4. I wonder why they cut it out.

[quote name='defmonkey05']And that's what I'd love to see in a new X game. Harder ways to get the better armor upgrades and hearts. I remember there was one heart on Mega Man x2 where there was a long hallway of spikes and you had to do the jump/dash then in air dash then the power you got from one of the bosses to make your dash longer... Or something like that. I remember I died so many times before I found that out and finally got that heart :roll:[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's one way but the wrong way since there's no way out. I'm nearly sure that's the level with the speeder bikes and if you can manage to get the bike up there and turn around just before the heart, you'll collect the item and get out safely.

Anyway I didn't think MM9 was all that hard. Unless you aren't buying the upgrades and a spare E-tank or two. It was tricky at first but all MM games are more difficult at the beginning when you're the weakest. Now I'm just hoping the new one isn't any easier.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you havent played many nes games, have you?

battletoads
ninja gaiden 1
ninja gaiden 2
silver surfer
ghosts n goblins
mega man 1

i could go on, but ill stop there. again, watch the pattern and know what weapon to use. its easy. i played the first contra so many times i can speed run that game under 20 minutes without dying.[/QUOTE]

did playing so many video games in the 80s make you condescending or was that a preexisting condition?

[quote name='Supplice']The original Megaman's were hard? o_O The original Ninja Gaiden infinite bat spawns gave me more trouble. lol[/QUOTE]

lol I beat ninja gaiden when I was like 4 years old with little to no problem.

Battletoads is another story (i sucked at jumping on that one level)

Download on Day 1 for sure. This time I hope they put the Mega Buster charge up shot back in the game and add energy tanks within the levels instead of having you buy them.

[quote name='clickpow']lol I beat ninja gaiden when I was like 4 years old with little to no problem.

Battletoads is another story (i sucked at jumping on that one level)[/QUOTE]
That place with the snakes can suck a big bag of dicks, as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Koggit']did playing so many video games in the 80s make you condescending or was that a preexisting condition?[/QUOTE]

I don't care. That was funny.

[quote name='Koggit']did playing so many video games in the 80s make you condescending or was that a preexisting condition?[/QUOTE]

ha. you acted like mm9 was the hardest thing ever. you asked a question and you got an answer. if i didnt ask if you havent played many NES games before i gave you my answer, would you have been less butthurt?

[quote name='DPsx7']Heh, that's one way but the wrong way since there's no way out. I'm nearly sure that's the level with the speeder bikes and if you can manage to get the bike up there and turn around just before the heart, you'll collect the item and get out safely.[/QUOTE]

Oh, its not that one. That heart is pretty easy to get. The one I'm talking about is in the forest level I think. The green boss with the vines, its been awhile since I played x2 so I'm kinda fuzzy on the details. But I remember clearly that you would slide down a hole, and there would be a huge hallway to the left with nothing but spikes and a heart at the far end. Very tough for me until I figured out later that I needed that charged powerup.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you havent played many nes games, have you?

battletoads
ninja gaiden 1
ninja gaiden 2
silver surfer
ghosts n goblins
mega man 1
[/QUOTE]

Oh god! Don't bring back the nightmares with TMNT! :bomb:

I remember playing that as a kid, being one of my favorite games always struggling with the underwater part with all the reefs that shock you. And maybe passing that level but dying after. I got into that game around 8 years ago. Determined to beat that game. Spent a couple weeks on it. But gave up when I kept dying at the last level getting to shredder. That game is tough as hell since it doesn't have a password system.

[quote name='8bitArtist']ha. you acted like mm9 was the hardest thing ever. you asked a question and you got an answer. if i didnt ask if you havent played many NES games before i gave you my answer, would you have been less butthurt?[/QUOTE]

lol whatever man, i'm 23, i was a toddler in NES days, my dad owned one and i played mario a bit but that's pretty much it, i got a SNES before i was 10 and that was really my first system. it's definitely not anything i'm embarrassed of, as you seem to imply. i couldn't care less whether or not you assume i played many nes games.

the reason i called you pretentious is because you first talk about how hard nes games were, then immediately afterward claim they're easy for you... and despite the complete lack of relevance felt the need to mention you do contra speed runs? seriously man, remove yourself from the equation for a moment: try to distance yourself from what you posted, read it as if someone else wrote it. you don't think it was pretentious and douchey? "oh, you think that game's hard? these other games are waaaay harder. but for me they're easy, i beat them in 20 minutes." seriously man, think about what you said and try to tell me it wasn't a pretentious and condescending thing to say.

I am! I'm not sure if I want to get it on my 360, PS3 or Wii yet. It'll probably depend on how many space dollars I have on the various platforms.

Man,

I really need to get Mega Man 9 still. I was so excited when that was announced, but it keeps slipping my mind over and over.

Although I still think Mega Man 2 is my favorite... metal blades are the best weapon ever, and it was the first in the series that I played. I remember playing through them all when I was young (continuing on with the X series on snes). It is interesting that, although I agree with the whole 'they dont make them hard like they used to' statement, things change over the years.
I threw in my mega man anniversary collection disc a few months ago and whipped through Mega Man 2 in like an hour, and ended up with way more lives than I started with. Granted, I was like 8 or 9 when I played it originally, and I didn't have to experiment to find out who was weak to what this time around, but I remember dying over and over on the heat man stage or in wily's castle.

The memory thing is also amazing for me with the older games. I have a pretty good memory anyways, but when it comes to games, it is perfect.

[quote name='Koggit']lthe reason i called you pretentious is because you first talk about how hard nes games were, then immediately afterward claim they're easy for you... and despite the complete lack of relevance felt the need to mention you do contra speed runs? seriously man, remove yourself from the equation for a moment: try to distance yourself from what you posted, read it as if someone else wrote it. you don't think it was pretentious and douchey? "oh, you think that game's hard? these other games are waaaay harder. but for me they're easy, i beat them in 20 minutes." seriously man, think about what you said and try to tell me it wasn't a pretentious and condescending thing to say.[/QUOTE]

of course there are very challenging nes games just as there are very challenging ps3 games (ninja gaiden sigma's) or any console for that reason. it was neither "pretentious" nor "douchey". i think you need to recheck what those terms mean. you asked a question, you got an answer. i never said "they are easy for me, i beat them in 20 minutes" i said "i can beat contra in 20 minutes" does contra equate to every nes game ever made? didnt think so. youre putting words in my mouth and misinterpreting what i wrote as me proclaiming to be fred savage from the wizard. i used contra as an example cuz that is considered a hard game, but if you play it enough and know where the guys are coming from, it becomes easy (or just run and spam the spread shot. whatever), like most nes games (the ones that use the same pattern every game anyway(IE: mega man 9)). those hard games i have listed, i only ever beat battletoads (albeit i used warps) and mega man 1 legit. i never beat any of the others i listed.

top gun's landing on the boat seems random at times and if you actually do land on the boat, the next levels are a bitch and hard to see enemies/missles since they blend into the background. TMNT is hard cuz donatello is the only one worth a damn and once he is dead, youre pretty much toast. the ninja gaidens are hard because if you kill an enemy, sometimes they keep infinitely respawning. of course they are right by an edge and you will end up getting hit and falling to your death. not to mention you need to beat all 3 end bosses all in a row and if you die you start back at 6-1 instead of 6-4 like a normal game would. ghosts n goblins has pattern recognization, but it makes you essentially beat the game twice to actually only beat it once. as for silver surfer, well, as the angry video game nerd said about silver surfer "its easier to go out in a rain storm and dodge drops of rain than it is to beat this game"

you can find all the game roms for free and play them on your computer. have at it and i think youll agree with me that those are way harder than anything mm9 can throw at you.

Bumping this thread up. WHY isn't anyone talking about Mega Man!?

I'm guessing most of you who'd want it own a Wii and already got it 2 weeks ago. I was holding out for the PS3 version because I prefer the Dualshock 3.

I have 1 more level before Wiley's Castle. I don't think this game is as cruel as MM9 could be (though I did beat it), but I've definitely had a few moments where I turned it off in frustration.

[quote name='Phunin']Lol, definitely not getting it, I suck at MegaMan games for what ever reason[/QUOTE]

You're in luck! There's an easy mode! :bouncy:

tried the demo and it was meh . i like megaman and all but not for that much espcially not when you can buy ps1 games for less on psn. btw did this game come out on the nes or is this something new and old.

Here is my deal:

I love Mega Man games, but I've never had the time to dedicate to memorizing every little enemy/jump/etc. in order to master the games. Now they've added the Easy mode for guys like me....

The problem is that Easy is so easy that I beat every level on the first play-through. I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking, but I really do love the game. I just wish there was a "Kinda Easy" mode so that it was still somewhat challenging.

bread's done
Back