Mega Man Collection

The-Bavis

CAGiversary!
Anyone else planning to buy this? I know Capcom ran this franchise deep into the ground, but I haven't played since MM3, I think. That far in, they were pretty good.

If I pick this collection up, anyone have a recommendation about which games to tackle first? Well, I plan to start with MM1, b/c, well, it wouldn't be right otherwise. After that, though?

yea..i def want to get this...i have only played mm2 (i think) for the original gb...i beat it and loved it , but never got another mm game b/c i didnt have a snes and ppl said the other mm games not on the snes sucked...finally...my chance to play the good ones...im also waiting for the gba version w/ 5 games...portability! :D

Mega Man 2 is my all-ime favorite NES game ever. To this day I can still beat it in one sitting, 30-45 minutes, without dying or using energy tanks.

isnt that the one w/ the 2 bosses at the end? one is a guy w/ a jackhammer/drill and the other one is some professor in a robot?

Play the first 3, then skip over to 8, which was great. Play the others if you feel motivated.

I seriously need to beef up my gba collection, i only have golden sun and tactics ogre...and i just bought a nes sp,so i'll probably wanna show it some love:whistle2:D

DAmn I feel like a hypocrite since I usually shout out against remakes, but I can't help but really want to get this game. The MM franchise, especially the first 4 have a special place in my heart and definately helped to cement my love of video games. The first time you learn that Air Man's weapon can kick the crap out of Crash Man is the day you truly become a man.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']1 is so hard (beat all the regular bosses, but the Dr.'s stage owned me)never played, 4 6 7 or 8 so I am in for a treat.[/quote]

Yeah, MM1 was very hard, especially the Rock Monster boss. Then I learned the "select" button trick which made everything a lot easier. :wink:

I've heard the select bug has been removed this time around, so it'll be next to impossible again. I plan to pick this up for nostolgia sake, and I never did get to play 5-8.

I would get it but it's not going to be on the xbox so I'll just get the GBA version. But when I do pick up a Gamecube I for sure will get the console collection

Preordered Megaman for the GC back in February. Want that shirt and poster! :) Megaman II was my favorite (best bosses, levels, and music IMO), and is up there among my top all-time games. Can't wait for this to ship, since they kept pushing the date back. Next week at last!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']DAmn I feel like a hypocrite since I usually shout out against remakes, but I can't help but really want to get this game. The MM franchise, especially the first 4 have a special place in my heart and definately helped to cement my love of video games. The first time you learn that Air Man's weapon can kick the crap out of Crash Man is the day you truly become a man.[/quote]

its all good...some remakes are just that damn awesome! and this looks to be one of em :D

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']and you have to think of the sheer value... no gamer can pass up 8 + amazing games for the price of one...[/quote]

Even less than one game...it's retailing for $30 isnt it?

Sounds like 1-3 and 8 are considered to be the best. I'll at least keep that in mind if I find 4-7 to be less than great.

It's nice that this is coming out in the summer too since that's when I remember first playing MM1 after getting out of the pool. Ah, the memories.

I love MegaMan 4....its actually the only one I currently own....can't even remember if I've ever beat it though....I think I always die when you have to fight Wiley 3 times in a row at the end....one of those times is in the dark....been 5 years since I played it probably...hmmm....the weekend is coming around....

hmm...The-Bavis..off topic but i've been lookin at your avatar for a few minutes and it reminds me of Grit from the Advance Wars games...interesting...dunno why i mentioned that, but o well :)

Megaman 2 is my personal favorite. Awesome bosses and music.The Bubble man stage music is my favorite hands down. I cussed several times recently trying to get through the Quick man stage. Damn beams! Also, what is going to be the big difference between the GC and PS2 versions of the collection?

This is a perfect example of what a remake should be. Good value for the money and old enough to be completely new for a major portion of the market who weren't even born when most of these games were first released.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Mega Man 2 is my all-ime favorite NES game ever. To this day I can still beat it in one sitting, 30-45 minutes, without dying or using energy tanks.[/quote]

That's impressive. MM2 is also my fav of all the MM's.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Megaman 2 is my personal favorite. Awesome bosses and music.The Bubble man stage music is my favorite hands down. I cussed several times recently trying to get through the Quick man stage. Damn beams! Also, what is going to be the big difference between the GC and PS2 versions of the collection?[/quote]

On IGN, the only difference I noticed was the unlockables. For example, one unlockable for the same game beaten is a full animated episode of Mega Man on the PS2 and a producer interview on the GC. Theres probably some other differences in the unlockables too, but we'll have to wait for the game to come out. I think I might get the PS2 version because the d-pad is in a better spot than the GC controller, but thats just me.

MM3> MM2 IMO, but very slightly

BOTH GOT WOOD THOUGH!!!!

Since I have not heard about GBA link up support(to use it as a controller). I will probably wait for the Street Fighter Controller to come out before I pick this up.

Mega Man 3 is best. I cried when i played 4 because it sucked. And cried even more playing X. 2 is good, but overrated. Never played anything after 4 in the real series.

[quote name='guyver2077']i dont know which version to get. i think id play it more on my gc. and they both have their own unique special features[/quote]

what are the differences on GC VS PS2 version?

OOPS! :oops: Never mind

[quote name='LinkinPrime']what are the differences on GC VS PS2 version?[/quote]

You obviously haven't read my post a few posts up...

[quote name='guyver2077']i dont know which version to get. i think id play it more on my gc. and they both have their own unique special features[/quote]

B to jump, A to fire on gamecube
X to jump, [_] to fire on ps2

I preordered the GC version back in February but changed my preorder to PS2 version after I realized that the GC controls are really gay.

By the way, MMAV is NOT a god damn remake. It is a collection of all the NES games (one thru six), US released SNES game (7) and PS1 classic game (8) as well as two arcade games never released in the US and exclusive content for each version.

They're not remakes, dammit. A remake would be like making Mega Man 1 look like Mega Man Network Transmission or something out of the X series.

If that episode of Megaman in the PS2 disk is the one where Megaman X shows up from the future I'd instantly buy that one. That episode rocks.

Did ya know you wont be able to do the Elec-Beam Pause trick in the first Mega Man. Also their was something else that they changed, but it wasn;t major. So besides that, everything is exactly as it was.

Game Informer Reviewed it and gave it a 9 out of 10. Not that I care for game magizine reviews but it looks promising.

The Mega Man arcade games are pretty good, there isnt much more than a few hours of game play out of each of them but I had fun playing it.

Just curious as to what system everyone is going to be getting this for. I know the differences but I can't decide. It seems almost blaphemous to play it on the PS2, but the controlls will be a helluva lot easier on there. What is everyone else's opinion?

I might just get both. I know I'm buying the PS2 version first because I love the cartoon, but, if I could play it with a hori pad on gc (if I get one), I'd want to do that too. Anyone use the retrocon controller for ps2? Becuase that might be a good controller to play this with.

I've been playing MM Network Transmission on gamecube and the controlling Mega man with the analog stick works surprising well.

I'll stick with the gamecube version until I get the ps2 one on sale (don't really care about the episode on the ps2 disc since i already bought Mega Man vol.1 & 2).

[quote name='swetooth9']hmm...The-Bavis..off topic but i've been lookin at your avatar for a few minutes and it reminds me of Grit from the Advance Wars games...interesting...dunno why i mentioned that, but o well :)[/quote]

One of the greatest minds in American literature is rolling in his grave. Or perhaps penning a three-page sentence to describe his feelings.

[quote name='pukemon']"franchise deep into the ground"

what franchise has capcom not run deep into the ground?[/quote]

Maybe you're right... "deepest into the ground."

Better?

Sucks I won't be able to buy it right away, I'm low on the moneys currently (looks over to see what might sell for $30 on ebay). Megaman happens to be the only videogame character I have a tattoo of (so far, I'd have more if I had more money for that too)

[quote name='thetoxicone']Sucks I won't be able to buy it right away, I'm low on the moneys currently (looks over to see what might sell for $30 on ebay). Megaman happens to be the only videogame character I have a tattoo of (so far, I'd have more if I had more money for that too)[/quote]

Oohh... I want a Megaman tattoo. It would be totally badass to have all the bosses from Megaman 2 tattooed across my back. Badass in a nerdy videogamer sort of way, that is. Unfortunately, my aversion to pain and general common sense means that will never happen.

Incidentally, as an anecdotal aside, the first game I ever rented was the first Megaman. I remember how novel the idea of renting a game was at the time, and I was pretty damn excited about the whole thing. Ahh, memories... there wasn't even a local Blockbuster back then! That makes me feel old.

[quote name='thetoxicone']Sucks I won't be able to buy it right away, I'm low on the moneys currently (looks over to see what might sell for $30 on ebay). Megaman happens to be the only videogame character I have a tattoo of (so far, I'd have more if I had more money for that too)[/quote]

You should take a picture and send it in to EGM. Then they can mock you as they did to the guy with a huge Metroid tatoo.

My general thinking is if I were to buy a multi-plat game that features any type of video, I'd prefer buying it on PS2 because the compression they'd have to go though to fit stuff on GC disks may not always produce the greatest results. Atleast on a full size dvd they can blow all the space they want to on video.

it may or maynot be true but it helps me make decisions.

bread's done
Back