Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

[quote name='The Crotch']A most intriguing thread. You have my thanks for it, and a recommendation for Beneath a Steel Sky[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pecan']List looks pretty good so far :applause:

You should add Mechcommander 1 and 2 to it at some point :D

Both are fantastic strategy games and they were made available as free downloads.
http://mechcommander.org/

Also, thread rated 5 stars :eek:![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the e-props :lol: I will be checking out both of these games the moment I have some spare time. For now I will take a rest...Enjoy the games ladies and gents!

Hey Megazell, did you hear of Battlefield of Heroes? It's a fun-free-online FPS made from EA that totally imitates Team Fortress. I was camping on it this past weekend.

Very nice list. I recommend adding Dwarf Fortress to that list. Dwarf Fortress is a ridiculously deep simulator where you try to build up a fortress and not let your dwarves die (or at least make them die in amusing ways). The graphics are terrible but it will run on most any computer and it's really addicting.

[quote name='beach_BumX']Hey Megazell, did you hear of Battlefield of Heroes? It's a fun-free-online FPS made from EA that totally imitates Team Fortress. I was camping on it this past weekend.[/QUOTE]

I have. I even tried it for a bit. I had only one gripe with it, not many players or servers up at the time. It was early on though so perhaps that has changed. I will give it a try again soon.

[quote name='DrFoo']Very nice list. I recommend adding Dwarf Fortress to that list. Dwarf Fortress is a ridiculously deep simulator where you try to build up a fortress and not let your dwarves die (or at least make them die in amusing ways). The graphics are terrible but it will run on most any computer and it's really addicting.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of this one @ all. I will take a look @ this one as well. I am going to be passing on some of these games to the kids first and have them take a look.

The responses I am getting here is great :)

Last edited:
[quote name='Purkeynator']very cool thread, thanks op. many of these would be likely to run on a netbook.[/QUOTE]

Yes many of them do. In fact, I have a great many games on my Netbook along with a Saitek P220, that I picked up for $5.99 at Staples for when I have to travel. Airports waits can be long and boring. :bomb:

B5: IFH is amazing, but it's definitly not for newbies.

It features true space manueverability, as in once you stop accelerating, you don't slow down. You need to thrust in the opposite direction to slow down. It gives some crazy manuevers, but takes getting used to.

Still, it's a damn good time.

Wow I had no idea some of these games existed! :shock: Thanks for the list! I'll definitely try out Nexuiz since it looks like it features non-stop gameplay, something that I've been missing from the FPS genre for many years now.

[quote name='Drizzt']Wow I had no idea some of these games existed! :shock: Thanks for the list! I'll definitely try out Nexuiz since it looks like it features non-stop gameplay, something that I've been missing from the FPS genre for many years now.[/QUOTE]

Nexiuz is one of the best from this list. It's like UT and Quake had a love child. I have a lot of family members and close friends that love this game dearly. In the children center that I volunteer for many of the kids there have made maps for the game.

I play that game often. It's part of my top 3 - It's always in my rotation. :bouncy:

I have a lot more than whats on this list. I have 1 PC with almost 5 TBs of games on it alone. As time goes on I will post more. Who should I contact about making this a sticky thread?

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']Wow. Thanks for creating this list! When I get a better computer or laptop, I'll be sure to check these out.[/QUOTE]

Why wait some of the games on this list take up less resources than logging on to this forum requires :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name='rumarudrathas']Why, why are you so good to us Megazell? I hope this thing gets stickied quick.

Ever consider sharing your top 3 or 5 games?[/QUOTE]

On a serious level - I just don't believe people should have to pay the prices many have been paying for games for the last 5 years. Too many hands in the pot and the content is still the same (more or less). It's like people are paying more for less as each year goes by in the gaming sector. Plus, I love that look (or what I imagine to be the look from online viewers) on people's face when they see a high quality game and find out it's 100% free.

On the fun side - fuck it! That's why! :lol:

1) Nexuiz

2) Rise and Fall: Civilizations At War

3) Dungeon and Dragons Online

When I am playing with my family/kids...

4) Frets On Fire

5) Street Fighter Online

I like the mini games (small games like Robocop 2D 2 and 3 and others like it) for when I have only 10 to 20 minutes to spare.

My gaming time is very structured (family, wives, outdoor hobbies...) so if anyone is interested in teaming up I am on Xfire every Wednesday and Sunday 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST as Megazell.

Last edited:
Damn.

I'd be down for tons of these if I had the time. I used to play the hell out of Command and Conquer Red Alert when it first came out.

EDIT - HUUUUUGE WTF at "I want to be the guy". That shit was making me tense just watching the video.

Megazell's Top Pick
Wing Commander Saga
Megazell's Top Pick

Simulation/Space
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Science Fiction

In an interview with TCN News, Colonel Christopher "Maverick" Blair said, "I have never felt comfortable with people calling me 'The Savior of the Confederation.' Sure, I was the wing leader in the raid on Kilrah, and I was the one who dropped the Temblor bomb. But I don't want people to forget that I only got that far because of the sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of others."

This is their story.

The conflict between Earth and Kilrah is drawing to a close, and the Terran Confederation is not winning. Humanity's only hope lies in a desperate plan that will require even idealistic young fighter pilots to stretch themselves beyond all imagination. It's the end of the world, and you have a front row seat.

Raw emotion, realistic characters, a hard look at the devastation of war, and intense large-scale space combat action await you as you assume the role of 2nd Lt. David "Sandman" Markham. Twists of fate will throw you out of your dull backwater assignment and right into the hottest spots of the most devastating war in history.

Wing Commander is back. You know Blair's story, now experience the rest of the Saga.

System Requirements

CPU: 700 Mhz
Memory: 256 Mb
Video: 32 Mb
Hard Drive: 600 Mb

Download it here - http://www.wcsaga.com/

Screenshots

29zcvhy.jpg

11ugsgl.jpg

213nlc.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9855fG-HtMA

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']Killer thread. Truly cheapass[/QUOTE]

rw80eg.jpg

8bit Killer

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Science Fiction

What if Nintendo had made a first person shooter for the original NES?
8bit killer is a first person shooter styled to resemble an 8bit NES game in look and feel.
AD 2488. A long war has put human race on the edge of self-extinction. Four years ago, a space creature known as Master Brain arrived with the promise of a new dawn. Now, a huge army launched an attack to the few cities that are still on, following the plan of the creature. A small group of soldiers have formed an alliance to defend those cities and kill the master brain. This games tells the story of their final mission.
32x32 pixel textures, 64 color nes palette and 1bit sounds make this game look like an early 90s game. The soundtrack has been created by the genius RushJet1. The story, characters and scenes are inspired by films like Mad Max or 2013: Rescue in LA and by games like Contra, Megaman, Bionic Commando, Metroid, Catacomb 3D or the sequel Wolfenstein 3D, and many others...

System Resources

CPU: 100 Mhz
Memory: 16 Mb
Video: 2 Mb
Hard Drive: 50 Mb

Download it here - http://www.locomalito.com/juegos_8bit_killer.php

Screenshots

1zdz0j.jpg

2z56d92.jpg

2ikf7n6.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwj_1Dngzio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lPKROy2rQo

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='Megazell']
My gaming time is very structured (family, wives, outdoor hobbies...) so if anyone is interested in teaming up I am on Xfire every Wednesday and Sunday 10:30 PM EST to 12:30 AM EST as Megazell.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']
My gaming time is very structured (family, wives, outdoor hobbies...)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']
family, wives, outdoor hobbies...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']

[quote name='Megazell']

[quote name='Megazell']
wives[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']
wives[/QUOTE]