Meijer Buy 1 Video Game Software 29.99 or less get 1 for $1

VerbalKint

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time viewer, first time poster in the deals section. Be gentle. Looked around and didn't see this deal posted here yet.

Was checking the Mejier weekly ad and under the Video Games section is says they are running a special on 7/18 and 7/19
Buy One Video Game (its actually misspelled Video Fame on the site) at 29.99 and get one of equal or lesser value for $1.
Here is the link to the site in my area
http://www2.meijer.com/ads/default.aspx?sid=48

The deal is posted on another site I visit so I'm guessing this is chain wide based.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I was just about to post this deal! Pop up alone.

Items pictured:
X360 - NCAA 07
PS3 - Madden 07
DS - High School Musical
PSP - Pursuit Force
Wii - can't read logo

While at least 400 last per store. No rainchecks or substitutions.

BTW: The Meijer's site HATES Firefox. It won't show any ad pages. Either use IE or get the plug-in that allows you to switch rendering engines from FF to IE within FF.[/quote]

The Wii title is "Nights", which I think is odd since they probably don't have anymore anywhere after their $2.99 sale a couple of weeks ago.

I was at Meijer this morning (Gull Road, Richland, MI) and I got two games for $20 after taxes. The first game, Space Invaders Extreme, rang up at $17.99 since all games were 10% off. The second game, the Looney Tunes "Elite Beat Agents" game, was $1. It was a great deal!

Around the store, they didn't have a lot of next-neg games under $30. If I didn't have it already, they had FEAR and The Orange Box for PS3 under $30. The Wii had nothing spectacular, but the DS had several I would recommend. It had Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, Trauma Center 2, and the newest Phoenix Wright games for $30. Sadly, no Space Invaders Extreme DS...

The Battle Creek store is closing, so unless they moved all of the games there last night, I would avoid it (picked over and nearly empty). The Harper Creek or Kalamazoo stores could be ok. Oddly enough, the discount bins that are usually at the Meijer in Richlands were notably absent. I wonder if they ditched these or consolidated them to another store. I didn't read this whole thread before posting, so sorry if this was address already...

Just got back from the Rockford, MI Meijer. Picked up Simpson's game & Assassin's Creed, No More Heroes & House of the Dead 2 & 3, and Geometry Wars Galaxies & Pro Evo 2007. The last two were stickered at 19.99, others 29.99.

After the 10% off they came out to 26.99 and 17.99. One thing of note. I got the discount to apply to my first two game combos, but had to have the cashier do an override to get it to apply to my third combo. The ad doesn't say there is any limit, but it looked like the system had one built in at two discounts. So make sure your receipt reads right if your buying a lot of games.

[quote name='Phryo88']This is dissappointing, I don't even have a Meijer anywhere close :([/QUOTE]

Nothing against you personally Phryo88, but I don't understand why people have to state that they don't live near a certain store. It's a phenomenon that's been around ever since people started posting deals on the internet, and it continues to this day, unregulated by moderators.

In my opinion, it seems to be a "+1" comment -- it serves no real purpose, other than being a speed bump in researching a good deal.

- deal info post #1
- deal info post #2
– I can't buy this
- deal info post #3
– I can't buy this
- deal info post #4
- I can't buy this either
- Me too

See all that clutter? Unnecessary. With the strict posting rules here, you'd think that those posts would be cleansed after they surface.

If you're sad about not having a certain store in your area, contact the company directly and request that they open a store in your town, rather than griping in these threads.

/rant
/apologies if offended

Doesn't appear that this deal is available online. Too bad too, 'cause it's a good one.

Seems like this should be in the regional deals forum.

Just got back from my local Mejier and I didn't see much I wanted. Most of the good buys are games I already own. Orange Box PS3, Fear PS3. I was hoping for P3 FES but no luck my way. I tried to see if the xbox points were somehow ringing up as software. No luck there either. Got 2 1600 pts cards at 10% off though anyway. Better then a kick in the teeth.

[quote name='DirkBelig']It bugs me, too, when people tack on an "s" like "Fords", "K-Marts", etc. BUT, in this case it's kind of acceptable because it used to commonly be called "Meijer's Thrifty Acres" because it was started by the Meijer family, thus the possessive apostrohpe-s ('s) though the actual store name was without the 's.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post that same thing... Many older people (and Michiganders) will call it Meijer's because that is what it will alway be in our hearts. J/k. But that is why it is often spoken wrong. I don't understand why people say walmarts and k-marts though

[quote name='Luckychunk']Nothing against you personally Phryo88, but I don't understand why people have to state that they don't live near a certain store. It's a phenomenon that's been around ever since people started posting deals on the internet, and it continues to this day, unregulated by moderators.

In my opinion, it seems to be a "+1" comment -- it serves no real purpose, other than being a speed bump in researching a good deal.

- deal info post #1
- deal info post #2
– I can't buy this
- deal info post #3
– I can't buy this
- deal info post #4
- I can't buy this either
- Me too

See all that clutter? Unnecessary. With the strict posting rules here, you'd think that those posts would be cleansed after they surface.

If you're sad about not having a certain store in your area, contact the company directly and request that they open a store in your town, rather than griping in these threads.

/rant
/apologies if offended[/QUOTE]

I understand your point. At the same time, I don't think most people view these threads -- beyond the original post -- as strictly dedicated to exposition on deal info, nor am I aware of any hard and fast rules that prohibit people from commenting on the topic in a relevant way. In fact, part of the draw of CAG is that people can editorialize about the deal, which a lot of people enjoy. Yes, it probably interferes with research (although most everything you need to know is usually the first post anyway); even so, I suspect that the capacity of people to comment on the deals in their own way is as much of a psychological draw with CAG for many posters as the actual deals themselves.

Those of you looking for Persona 3: FES, there are at least a couple of copies left at the Main St. location in Kalamazoo, MI.

The Simpsons Game :360:
Bully :360:

29.95 after tax. Not bad. Although I was hoping to find some Ps3 exclusive titles for this deal (my ps3 library consists of two titles #-o ) . Alas I could not find anything in that price range.

I got assassin's creed for me and timeshift for a friend. About $15 each after tax. I was hoping for some Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon action and I really wanted Lost Planets, but they didn't have any of those in the 2 stores I checked.

Do you think any other stores would match this deal? Best Buy and Circuit City only do price matches not deal matches like buy one get one, right? I'd be curious to see if anyone could get another store to match this.

Somebody said they saw the Orange Box for PS3 at 29.99. Anybody know if the 360 version is 29.99? They show up at 39.99 on meijer.com. But so does the Lost game and I just saw that in store with a 29.99 sticker.

I got my MGS4 for 34.99 from last Meijer deal, and I am gonna grab more this time...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='huvabut']Somebody said they saw the Orange Box for PS3 at 29.99. Anybody know if the 360 version is 29.99? They show up at 39.99 on meijer.com. But so does the Lost game and I just saw that in store with a 29.99 sticker.[/quote]

it says 39.99 at my store when I last looked last week. I wish it'd go down too.

Picked up Lost and Orange Box for PS3 both 29.99 at Rochester Hills store. Worker was willing to price check multiple items. Assassin's Creed for 360 was also $26.99. Many of the games seemed to be marked higher then what they rang up as so price check away. Unfortunately, FF: Tactics for PSP was 35.99

[quote name='flyingscroll']Picked up Lost and Orange Box for PS3 both 29.99 at Rochester Hills store. Worker was willing to price check multiple items. Assassin's Creed for 360 was also $26.99. Many of the games seemed to be marked higher then what they rang up as so price check away. Unfortunately, FF: Tactics for PSP was 35.99[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. Maybe I'll go back and have some prices checked.

[quote name='falefa']I got my MGS4 for 34.99 from last Meijer deal, and I am gonna grab more this time...lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah and scan that receipt.. I cant imagine a 60 game would even ring up for 34... unless you mean you will sell the other game. Then your just wasting money.

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah and scan that receipt.. I cant imagine a 60 game would even ring up for 34... unless you mean you will sell the other game. Then your just wasting money.[/quote]

I think he means last time meijer has a 20% off sale and combined it with the % off you get when you first use the meijer credit card.

Peeps. Avoid the Meijer in South Lansing off Cedar. The games dept isn't really in the store, it's off the front and you'll have the hardest time finding someone to assist you. To top it off most of the games don't have a visibly price.

I'll hit 2 others up on the way home. Orange Box and Assassins Creed seems to be a popular $30 game in stock for PS3.

I thought it was wierd having the games ring up cheaper that priced. Didnt know about the 10% off. I managed to go in early before work and get Ninja Gaiden DS and Trauma Center 2. Might go back after work and get crosswords DS and some other 20 buck game.

All of the $29.99 games ring up $26.99 because they are 10% off!!!!

I snagged Orange Box PS3, Mario Party DS, Ninja Gaiden DS and Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution DS for less than $60. ($64 with a large can of redbull and some beef jerky)

As for questions about OJ box for 360, it is actually $39.99 so it won't work with the deal, but the PS3 version is $29.99 ($26.99 after 10% off)

Wow, i wish i had a Meijers even more now. Would have been a great time to pick up Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Platinum + Soulstorm.

I'm not an ebayer lol... I'm not gonna get so many copies of that game.
I'm just gonna some games I haven't played yet XD.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']So let me get this straight. As well as this deal, Meijer is also running a chainwide 10% off videogames?[/quote]

Yes and accessories. I do not think it applies to systems though.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']So let me get this straight. As well as this deal, Meijer is also running a chainwide 10% off videogames?[/quote]
Apparently. I just got back, and both of my games (Assassin's Creed and Madden 07 [I know, I know :roll:, but I got it for a buck!]) rang up at 26.99 before the discount to a buck. So both for 27.99 plus tax. I also got a 20-oz 7up for 99c.

See you guys are missing the steal of a deal.
89.99 for Guitar hero Legends of Rock...
-10% = 80.99
69.99 + Les Paul Guitar
-69.99 Free Guitar with purchase of Legends of Rock game or Game controller combo...

Total 80.99 for 2x guitars and Legends of Rock..

Awesome post and first deal, VerbalKint. I have a bunch of games I was holding off on until a B2G1free at GameStop, but this is better by about $2.25 per game, and I'll be buying new instead of used. This is also great for Wii games, since they usually aren't on sale very often.

-Picking up Bully, No More Heroes, and maybe Endless Ocean and Apollo Justice/Civ Rev. for DS

[quote name='huvabut']I got assassin's creed for me and timeshift for a friend. About $15 each after tax. I was hoping for some Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon action and I really wanted Lost Planets, but they didn't have any of those in the 2 stores I checked.

Do you think any other stores would match this deal? Best Buy and Circuit City only do price matches not deal matches like buy one get one, right? I'd be curious to see if anyone could get another store to match this.[/QUOTE]

Got the local Wal-Mart in Rolling Meadows, IL accross the street from Meijer to PM. I was gonna pick up 4 games but they only let me do 2 since it was such a drastic price difference. Wal-Mart had a better selection of games anyway so I got F1 Formula One Racing for the PS3 and Grand Theft Auto - The Trilogy for PS2 so a total of 4 games for $34 and change. So try your local Walmart, as always YMMV.

I picked up Halo and Spiderman 2 (XBox) for $10+change. I know these are old titles but I'm excited because they're great games -- I played them way back and know I'll enjoy playing them again. I'm not sure if this is a great deal financially but the games are new.

I picked up Person 3: Fes and God of War (GH). Those were the only things that I could find. I was thinking about No More Heroes, but I'm trying to limit myself to games which I have the system for. I'm thinking about trying to price match at a Walmart near me, if they have anything I want.

I just got back from my local Meijer and was able to buy No More Heroes and Stranglehold for just under $30. That's with the 10% discount and the B1/G1 for $1

fort wayne meijers SUCK. they charge more for their games for no reason

HOt shots golf open tee 2 for the psp 39.99 at meijers.. Thats right 10 bucks more then any other store charges.

went to Best buy and they pm only one time they are doing it they put up flyers aying they wont match it after i got my 2

got

Open tee 2 psp and Solitaire Overload... overload grabs about 30 to 35 on ebay so i could say i got open tee 2 for free

got shot down at walmart

Couldn't find No More Heroes, couldn't find Nights, took half an hour to find someone to open the glass box to see how much Okami was (it was $40).

I was considering buying Blue Dragon and Bully: Scholarship Edition, but decided I'd rather just get out of the store.

I had to go back for more, so I went to the Meijer location on Westnedge in Kalamazoo and bought No More Heroes and Command and Conquer 3 for the 360. This store also had at least 2 copies of FES as well.

Just back from Westland,MI store. Pretty hit up already, no Orange Box for me..= (.....no Persona either......= ((. I DID score Geometry Wars Galaxies for the WII at $17.99 and then grabbed Zack and Wiki for a BUCK!...so all is not lost...TWO games for $21 and some change. Thanx for the Headsup guys!
Peace...

Total damage (including jerky) was $90. Grabbed Bully, Simpsons, and jerky (buy 1 get 1 free!) at Meijer for ~$35 after tax. Then drove to the Best Buy next door for the other 4. Purchased them at full price, then went to the service desk with the ad. After some waiting and them calling Meijer to make sure they had these games in stock (which when I went to the store next door, they didn't have Ass Creed or Lost Planet, but I'm not complaining...), she did a return on AC and FFT along with a $1 charge for each, so I got ~$50 refunded back. Didn't get an additional 10% and missed out on the 10% off that I would get if Meijer had these, but still, awesome deal.

FFT was $35.99 at Meijer (after 10% off) as others have posted. Would be nice if Meijer kept up with universal pricedrops but with deals like this one, MGS4 for $34.99, and Nights for $2.99, I can't complain.

[quote name='backwards_compatible']

Total damage (including jerky) was $90. Grabbed Bully, Simpsons, and jerky (buy 1 get 1 free!) at Meijer for ~$35 after tax. Then drove to the Best Buy next door for the other 4. Purchased them at full price, then went to the service desk with the ad. After some waiting and them calling Meijer to make sure they had these games in stock (which when I went to the store next door, they didn't have Ass Creed or Lost Planet, but I'm not complaining...), she did a return on AC and FFT along with a $1 charge for each, so I got ~$50 refunded back. Didn't get an additional 10% and missed out on the 10% off that I would get if Meijer had these, but still, awesome deal.

FFT was $35.99 at Meijer (after 10% off) as others have posted. Would be nice if Meijer kept up with universal pricedrops but with deals like this one, MGS4 for $34.99, and Nights for $2.99, I can't complain.[/quote]

Just remember: No "messin' with Sasquatch"!

[quote name='Ex~']Couldn't find No More Heroes, couldn't find Nights, took half an hour to find someone to open the glass box to see how much Okami was (it was $40).

I was considering buying Blue Dragon and Bully: Scholarship Edition, but decided I'd rather just get out of the store.[/quote]

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me at Meijers. They blow.

Thanks for the heads up! I have a Meijers 2 miles down the road from me. I bought Hellboy 360 for $29.99 a week or too ago But lost the receipt:roll: Ill see what else they got...

I also went to the Rolling Meadows Meijer and was able to pick up Bully for the Wii and Civ. Revolutions for the DS! Loved it, specially seeing how Civ. just came out! Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back