Meijer Sales/Clearance Thread

SaberMatrix

CAGiversary!
Meijer in Colerain Ohio had Steel Black, Wave Blue and Silver Dualshock 4 Controllers on Clearance for $50.

Labo customization kit was clearanced at $2.49

Final Fantasy Royal edition on Xbox One was on sale for $9.99.

Didn't see a thread of anything like it, so figured i'd give it a whirl.

For those who are not sure what Meijer is: It's a retail chain out of Michigan that is similar to Walmart, without the feeling of being a warehouse. They currently operate in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. They are very behind in the online push, so dont expect much to be online.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems almost like they're phasing out video games because the 3 Meijers near me all seem to be shrinking their gaming section significantly every few weeks. It went from an entire section to just a few shelves.

It seems almost like they're phasing out video games because the 3 Meijers near me all seem to be shrinking their gaming section significantly every few weeks. It went from an entire section to just a few shelves.
i am pretty sure my store has more copies of paper mario than all of the other switch games combined

Just went again tonight and the gaming section shrank again but most of the xbox 360, xbox one and ps4 clearance games range from $0.86 to $5 now. A few I saw:

Elder Scrolls Online $4
Anthem $2
Kingdom Hearts 3 $2
Rage 2 $5
NBA2K19 $2

I think it was Fantasia for 360 and Just Dance 2018 that were under $1

Just went again tonight and the gaming section shrank again but most of the xbox 360, xbox one and ps4 clearance games range from $0.86 to $5 now. A few I saw:

Elder Scrolls Online $4
Anthem $2
Kingdom Hearts 3 $2
Rage 2 $5
NBA2K19 $2

I think it was Fantasia for 360 and Just Dance 2018 that were under $1
where you located?

'Fantasia' on 360 is excellent (though the DLC has been delisted). It's one of the sole reasons my Xbox 360 Kinect is still hooked up, and why I would otherwise consider getting a Series X. Yes, I like that game that much.

Anyone been today? Is the 40% off ringing up in store? It doesn't seem to be on the app (I'm just scanning some games I have at home).

No. I just opened the app and clicked shop. I'm at the store now and they didn't ring up on the app but did on the register.

Edit: They've had new stuff each time I've been. Picked up the following:
Death Stranding $7.50
Days Gone $7.50
Death Stranding Special Edition $29
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker $7.50
Iron Man VR $7.50
Crackdown 3 $1.80

The 40% won't show when you scan in the app. The 50% off a couple weeks ago didn't either.
It was showing up in the app for me. I don't know if it actually showed a discount anywhere, but the prices it was giving me were the prices after the 40% discount

No. I just opened the app and clicked shop. I'm at the store now and they didn't ring up on the app but did on the register.

Edit: They've had new stuff each time I've been. Picked up the following:
Death Stranding $7.50
Days Gone $7.50
Death Stranding Special Edition $29
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker $7.50
Iron Man VR $7.50
Crackdown 3 $1.80
whenever i hit shop & scan it just takes me through the faq. I am thinking I need to spoof my location. Your store is restocking clearance games?

whenever i hit shop & scan it just takes me through the faq. I am thinking I need to spoof my location. Your store is restocking clearance games?
One of my local stores definitely restocked Minecraft Dungeons so it's possible they might restock other games too. I was bummed about missing out on it for $9 and then one day it suddenly appeared

Stores are definitely restocking titles from what I can tell.  They don't always put everything out and keep more in the back.  I picked these up today with the extra 40% off:

Switch Minecraft Dungeons  $5.39

PS4 WWE Battlegrounds  $7.20

Xbox One Red Dead Redemption II  $10.79

On a side note, I found Switch Let's Go Eevee earlier in the week on clearance for $17.99.  Yesterday I found Let's Go Pikachu and was excited, until I scanned it and it came up $59.99.  

YMMV, but if you bought any clearance games in the last 10 days, you can take your receipt in to get a price adjustment.  I was able to do this when the 50% off sale began a couple weeks ago too.  I will probably take my Eevee receipt back tomorrow to get $7.20 back.

If they had some sort of brickseek inventory checker, i might be more willing to drive an hour each way to a further out store to check it out. Although I doubt i am finding kirby or mua 3 anywhere now

Saw price tag of 26.99 for Pokemon Sword/ Shield + Expansion, but out of stock.  Did pick up Red Dead 2 PS4 for ten bucks

More finds today in Toledo, OH (Alexis Rd)

Switch

Minecraft Dungeons $5.39  (they still have quite a few)

Sushi Striker $3.00

Dead Cells $10.49

PS4

Battlefield V Deluxe Edition  $3.00

Xbox One

NHL 21 Great Eight Edition  $17.99

Darksiders III $3.59

Battlefield 4  $1.20

Madden 19/Fifa 19 combo  $3.59

3DS

Yokai Watch 2: Bony Spirits  $2.39

Fire Emblem Warriors (pre-owned)  $1.49

Went back to my store they still had a copy of Kirby Star Allies, ended up at $10.80 after the 40%

Just a heads up the app doesn't seem to show the 40% off anymore for some reason. It originally did for me and then suddenly just stopped. So now you kind of just have to know what's on clearance and will get the discount and what won't.

Speaking of, was this 40% off thing even advertised anywhere? So far I've gotten the feeling that even the employees didn't even know about it.

One more thing - I was talking to a Meijer employee yesterday and he was telling me about how he thinks all of the clearance games they still have would've been long gone if he'd been allowed to put them out a few weeks ago, but apparently Meijer didn't let him put them out on the shelves until recently. So that might be where these "restocks" of clearance games are coming from.

Just a heads up the app doesn't seem to show the 40% off anymore for some reason. It originally did for me and then suddenly just stopped. So now you kind of just have to know what's on clearance and will get the discount and what won't.

Speaking of, was this 40% off thing even advertised anywhere? So far I've gotten the feeling that even the employees didn't even know about it.

One more thing - I was talking to a Meijer employee yesterday and he was telling me about how he thinks all of the clearance games they still have would've been long gone if he'd been allowed to put them out a few weeks ago, but apparently Meijer didn't let him put them out on the shelves until recently. So that might be where these "restocks" of clearance games are coming from.
I stopped by a Meijer yesterday and scanned a couple of games. For some reason the in store scanner wasn't noting the extra 40% off either, but it was applied when I checked out. I don't know what's going on, but Meijer doesn't exactly the most tech savvy chain on the planet. Someone probably knocked a phone off the hook somewhere that screwed everything up.

As for the advertisements, it is listed in the weekly ad as well as in some stores. The one I went to last night didn't have any signage up, but this store is never on the ball with stuff like that. Also it's not just video games, but all electronics is 40% off clearance price.

My mejier has basically little to no games. Just some new releases. Is that now the norm? I just started shopping their again and it’s a far cry of the inventory they once had.

I stopped by my local West Bend, WI store.

They had 3 Nintendo Switch Labos for like 25 dollars, I saw Robo and I grabbed a variety, there was 1 more i didnt check so 2 still in store)

They Also had 2 Corsair Glaive RGB Pro mice on clearance for around 16.50 after the 40% off (I snagged both)

They also had like every iLive branded accessory out, 10 Ft USB to Micro cables, 6 Ft USB to USB-C, 6 ft Braided Lightning cables for 1.80 ish after discount.
iLive Webcams 4.50

iLive BT Radio car chargers (Idk the exact name, usb car charger with build in BT 5.0 and the ability to send out a radio frequency) for 4.50

iLive Wallbricks (3 plug ins 2 USB) 4.50

iLive Powercells 8000mah 4.50

Tracphone Moto e6 scanned for 39.99 (im guessing it doesnt count towards the 40% off clearance)
The were some wireless earbuds and over-ear sets too I didnt check price (Im going to wager between 3.00-7.50)

Edit: I checked everywhere for games and came up empty all the back end-caps, in and around electronics, all the aisles no clearance games for any system I could find

either my store restocked minecraft heros for switch or the two copies are from after xmas returns

not much else available.

Went to 3 local meijer stores and found nothing. I was shocked at the lack of games they carry now though.
yeah the switch section at my store is pretty empty. also the $40 paper mario sale apparently has cleared out most of their stock as they had like 20 copies and now have maybe 5 lol

I ran into a guy at two separate Meijers today and at both of them he was buying a Playstation VR (and some other things like Google Nest or something), does anyone know if it's on clearance or something? I forgot to try and check before I left

I ran into a guy at two separate Meijers today and at both of them he was buying a Playstation VR (and some other things like Google Nest or something), does anyone know if it's on clearance or something? I forgot to try and check before I left
google nest mini is $15 after $10 off coupon

They also have Doom Eternal for $17.99 and NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered for $11.99 now, seems to vary between Xbox and PS4 depending on the store

bread's done
Back