Meijer's Super Bowl Super Sale...

Lord Draconus777

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Next weekend's Super Sale ad has a coupon for 15% off general merchandise with a $40 purchase, as well as buy one game, get one of equal or lesser value 50% off, effective friday, 1/27, ending saturday, 1/28. The coupon will stack with BOGO50%, and the coupons will appear on Super Sale flyers which may be put in stores as early as this sunday.

Oooh, thanks for the post OP. $45 360 titles sound like they will be a good deal for those shopping for my birthday presents. :)

[quote name='csidegamer']Mine has two copies of Shadow Hearts Covenant, that I've had my eyes on for a while.

Will the ad be available in store?[/QUOTE]They almost always are with the coupons being handed out by the greeter out front. So are these stackable? Anyone w/ prior experiences?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']They almost always are with the coupons being handed out by the greeter out front. So are these stackable? Anyone w/ prior experiences?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are stackable. However, last time we did it, you bought $40 worth of stuff and then it printed the 15% off coupon. But you can combine that coupon with the sale on games if you want.

Plus, I get another 10% off since I'm employeed by Meijer. :D

I remember Meijer running a similar sale, around the same time last year (maybe a little later). Too bad, I'm not around Fort Wayne right now, but if I can think of something, I might have a family member stop there for me.:)

[quote name='valor19']Yeah, they are stackable. However, last time we did it, you bought $40 worth of stuff and then it printed the 15% off coupon. But you can combine that coupon with the sale on games if you want.

Plus, I get another 10% off since I'm employeed by Meijer. :D[/QUOTE]

i wonder if you can combine these

15% off 40 bucks.
buy 1 game get 50% off second
5 bucks off any item 25 or higher (they gave them out last week)

ALso in fort wayne in tonight paper 5 bucks off 50

nice if you could do all 4

two 40 buck games....

60 (after 50% off first )
50 (after the 2 5 buck coupons)
then 15% (another 7.50 off

42.50 for 2 40 buck games

[quote name='slidecage']15% off 40 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

That is the part that confused me. Let me explain but maybe I'm just not understanding...

Previously when Meijers did it before, if you spent $40 or more on any purchase, it would print a coupon for 15% off your next purchase. You can not use this coupon on the $40 you just spent. You can, however, combine that 15% off coupon with any other sale or special. The only exclusion is that this coupon is for 15% off of general merchandise only (games, furniture, clothes, etc.) and excludes health/beauty and grocery.

Sorry for not updating, I've been busy today. Anyway, ya, the 15% off coupon is stackable with the BOGO deal, as the BOGO isn't a coupon deal itself. The coupons for 15% off will be attached to the Super Sale ads for 1/27 and 1/28, and will probably be put into stores sometime next week, I know this because the ad is floating in the back (I do work at meijer's).

Weird valor. Must be different from what I'm used to at the local Meijer.

What you're saying is the 15% off coupon isn't in an ad flyer, but rather you get the coupon after a purchase of $40. So it's no good on that $40 purchase.

Draconus though, is what I'm more used to. A hard copy coupon that has a requirement of at least $40 in total purchases.

And there's a Meijer in West Lafayette. It's near the exit on SR50 (or whatever that main road is that has the TRU close to campus).

I worked at Meijer for years when I was in college. I cringe every time I hear some one add an "s" to the end of the name. "Let's go to Meijers." There's also no "s" at the end of Kroger. And not as many people do it, but there's no "s" at the end of Wal-Mart either.

But I digress...I'll have to check out this sale as there are about 8 Meijer stores in town. Thanks op.

[quote name='Rictor']I worked at Meijer for years when I was in college. I cringe every time I hear some one add an "s" to the end of the name. "Let's go to Meijers." There's also no "s" at the end of Kroger. And not as many people do it, but there's no "s" at the end of Wal-Mart either.

But I digress...I'll have to check out this sale as there are about 8 Meijer stores in town. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same way. I guess people put it there to make it sound possessive, like it's Meijer's store or something.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Weird valor. Must be different from what I'm used to at the local Meijer.

What you're saying is the 15% off coupon isn't in an ad flyer, but rather you get the coupon after a purchase of $40. So it's no good on that $40 purchase.

Draconus though, is what I'm more used to. A hard copy coupon that has a requirement of at least $40 in total purchases.

And there's a Meijer in West Lafayette. It's near the exit on SR50 (or whatever that main road is that has the TRU close to campus).[/QUOTE]

Meijer is in Lafayette... SR26 exit. Right off I65.

Ha... I called it Meijers for the entire time I lived by one (till I went to college). Not sure why. But now that I don't have one near me but work with them, I finally call it Meijer.

I wish I was still by a Meijer, I'd be all over this.

[quote name='NeueZiel']I'm considering picking up DOA4 and Quake4 so this wouldn't be to bad of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Quake 4 sucks for the 360. Get the PC version instead.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Next weekend's Super Sale ad has a coupon for 15% off general merchandise with a $40 purchase, as well as buy one game, get one of equal or lesser value 50% off, effective friday, 1/27, ending saturday, 1/28. The coupon will stack with BOGO50%, and the coupons will appear on Super Sale flyers which may be put in stores as early as this sunday.[/QUOTE]

man i was looking for this flyer today.. didnt see the dates

[quote name='radjago']I'm the same way. I guess people put it there to make it sound possessive, like it's Meijer's store or something.[/QUOTE]

Like Fred Meijer's store?!?

[quote name='Indiana']Meijer is in Lafayette... SR26 exit. Right off I65.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know, but I don't have a way to get there right now, since I'm stuck on my college campus.:(

I say "Meijer". I have never said "Meijers" in my lifetime, despite them being open in Fort Wayne since Summer 1994.

[quote name='Brak']BOG150%off is ideal for 360 titles...[/QUOTE]

So, would it work like this:
$60 + $30 (50% game) = $90 - 15% discount = $76.50 for TWO 360 games?

If so, I may have to jump on it

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Weird valor. Must be different from what I'm used to at the local Meijer.

Draconus though, is what I'm more used to. A hard copy coupon that has a requirement of at least $40 in total purchases.[/QUOTE]

I do not know the details of this particular sale, but Meijer has two different types of sales involving $ off or % off. One is a discount coupon that is printed in a flyer and often available at the front of the store (in a bin or from the greeter), which gives you an instant savings when you buy something. The other kind is printed out for you from their coupon machine after you have made a purchase that meets certain criteria. The latter type of coupon may only be used on a future shopping trip. Usually, both types of discounts are stackable with sales because the coupons are not tied to any particular sale item. Since this sale is a % off, I would assume it is the flyer kind which you can also pick up in the front of the store, because a % off coupon would be strange to calculate after the sale for a future visit.

Dane.

The 15% discount coupon is attached to next weeks Super Sale flyer, they should be available in the front early next week. I'll scan the ad when I can figure out how to use my flipping scanner. And I'll call it Meijer's if I want, Fred Meijer is the founder after all :)

[quote name='radjago']I'm the same way. I guess people put it there to make it sound possessive, like it's Meijer's store or something.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I get really upset when people do that: Targets, K-marts, Krogers, etc.

"Meijers" doesn't bother me, because it was/ is "Meijer's Thrifty Acres" around here. (It used to be, at least...I haven't paid any attention to whether they dropped the "Thrifty Acres" part or not.) So, it used to be possessive. ::shrugs::

More on-topic, does anyone know if a year old employee discount card would still work? (I was working tow full jobs a year back for some extra cash when my wife was sick.) I have one and have considered using it for this and wonder if it still works.

This would be the best deal available for a 360 + games. Too bad they probably won't have any 360's in stock. Otherwise I would jump on this.

Stopped by today and didn't see any of the flyers put out yet.

I did happen to see these cheap Xbox games.

$9.99
Unreal Championship 2
Men of Valor
Fuzion Frenzy

[quote name='radjago']Stopped by today and didn't see any of the flyers put out yet.

I did happen to see these cheap Xbox games.

$9.99
Unreal Championship 2
Men of Valor
Fuzion Frenzy[/QUOTE]

In a seperate bin or what?

[quote name='Snake2715']In a seperate bin or what?[/QUOTE]
They had all the games for $19.99 or less hanging out on hooks. I just took some time to look through them and found those games for cheap.

[quote name='bmarquardt']They'll be online Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I finally found a 360 so I'm definitely going to use this deal to get some games.

Sweet I am all over those LA Gears!!

Thanks for the link!!

On a serious note the coupon should work with games then as mentioned. Good looking out everyone.

I got Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark 0, and Tiger 06 (all 360) for $148 after tax. The cashier stared down the coupon like he was looking for a reason to reject it, but scanned it anyway.

Thanks, OP. I saved like $75 on those games.

Come to the Meijer in Fishers... they have everything. I hadn't yet seen every single 360 game in stock at the same place until today. They must not get a lot of gamer traffic.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']I got Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark 0, and Tiger 06 (all 360) for $148 after tax. The cashier stared down the coupon like he was looking for a reason to reject it, but scanned it anyway.

Thanks, OP. I saved like $75 on those games.[/QUOTE]
Did you go to the Meijer on W. Carmel Drive or the 96th Street one near Fry's? Happen to see if they had any DOA4s in stock? Thanks.

Ha...answered while I was posting the question. Guess I'll head to the 96th St. one and stop by Fry's as well. Thanks for the update.

bread's done
Back