Meta Quest Deals & Discussion- Post Referral Links at Referral Central, Please

wampler13

That's just, like, your opinion, man.
Feedback
9 (100%)
Please do not post referral links in this thread. There are threads for referral links here.
In an older thread everything went to sh*t once it became full of referrals and it was worthless for anything else.
If that starts happening here, I'll delete the thread and be done with it.

Potentially helpful shopping links
My most recent update of games on sale
Meta's deals page
New releases in the meta store
Games coming soon
Mixed reality games
All games in the meta store
Quest games with free trials
Free app lab games
Non-gaming apps
Entertainment apps
How to get a refund for an app

Information on app referrals
Information on headset referrals

Last edited:
New sales
Morels: Homestead Is $8 off at $11.99
Shadow Point is $9 off at $10.99
Madrid Noir is $3 off at $5.99

Older sales I believe are still active
Operation Wolf Returns: First Mission VR is $10 off at $14.99
Eternal Starlight is $5 off at $14.99
Maskmaker is $8 off at $11.99
We Are One is $7 off at $12.99
Ghost Signal: A Stellaris Game is $6 off at $13.99
Wings 1941 is $4 off at $8.99
Shooty Fruity is $9 off at $10.99
Phantom: Covert Ops is $13 off at $16.99
Cave Digger is $9 off at $10.99
Space Pirate Trainer DX is $8 off at $11.99

I've had the Quest 2 256 since launch, finally got the 3 128 a month ago, but didn't open it until recently (my birthday is at the end of December, so it was really a birthday gift). I'll probably regret not springing for the 512, since I actually do run out of space on my Quest 2, but I couldn't justify the extra $150 at this time.

Info that could be helpful to someone in a similar situation to me:

1. I referred my wife, and set her up as the primary on the 3. If she refers someone for a 3 now, she gets $60. I tried a factory reset and setting myself as the primary, but it still only shows I'd get $30 per referral so I switched it back to her. I did not try deregistering myself from the 2 to see if that makes a difference. Used her $30 and $30 to pick up a few games during the holiday sale (She gifted me Iron Man and Cook-out so that we keep all the paid games on the one account). I don't have as many games as Wampler, but I think I have about 60 referral links on my link tree now.
  2. When we set up my wife's account, Asgard's Wrath 2 showed it could be claimed for free in the headset (as expected). She also got an email with a claim link. She forwarded me the email, and I was able to claim it on my account instead.

My wife has briefly tried the 3, mostly to make sure we could play with each other without repurchasing games on her account, but she didn't find it comfortable (stock strap). I cheaped out when I bought my battery strap for the 2, and I have no major complaints with it, but for the 3 I was deciding between getting a cheap non-battery strap, getting a cheap battery strap, getting a $50 battery strap that claims to have a 10000 mAh battrry, or getting a BoboVR M3 Pro that has only 5200mAh battery (swappable if I buy more batteries, which is not the case with the other strap) for the same $50. I don't really trust that the other battery has the capacity it claims, and I'm interested in trying the bobo without the facial interface (not sure if I'll stick with it that way, but worth trying), so I went with the bobo (won't arrive for a couple of weeks). Looks like I decided just in time, it apparently goes in and out of stock, and now it can't be ordered.

I've had the Quest 2 256 since launch, finally got the 3 128 a month ago, but didn't open it until recently (my birthday is at the end of December, so it was really a birthday gift). I'll probably regret not springing for the 512, since I actually do run out of space on my Quest 2, but I couldn't justify the extra $150 at this time.

1. I referred my wife, and set her up as the primary on the 3. If she refers someone for a 3 now, she gets $60. I tried a factory reset and setting myself as the primary, but it still only shows I'd get $30 per referral so I switched it back to her. I did not try deregistering myself from the 2 to see if that makes a difference. Used her $30 and $30 to pick up a few games during the holiday sale (She gifted me Iron Man and Cook-out so that we keep all the paid games on the one account). I don't have as many games as Wampler, but I think I have about 60 referral links on my link tree now.
  2. When we set up my wife's account, Asgard's Wrath 2 showed it could be claimed for free in the headset (as expected). She also got an email with a claim link. She forwarded me the email, and I was able to claim it on my account instead.

My wife has briefly tried the 3, mostly to make sure we could play with each other without repurchasing games on her account, but she didn't find it comfortable (stock strap). I cheaped out when I bought my battery strap for the 2, and I have no major complaints with it, but for the 3 I was deciding between getting a cheap non-battery strap, getting a cheap battery strap, getting a $50 battery strap that claims to have a 10000 mAh battrry, or getting a BoboVR M3 Pro that has only 5200mAh battery (swappable if I buy more batteries, which is not the case with the other strap) for the same $50. I don't really trust that the other battery has the capacity it claims, and I'm interested in trying the bobo without the facial interface (not sure if I'll stick with it that way, but worth trying), so I went with the bobo (won't arrive for a couple of weeks). Looks like I decided just in time, it apparently goes in and out of stock, and now it can't be ordered.
How do you have the headsets set up with the accounts? Is it like below?

Quest 2 = your account as primary
Quest 3 = your account as primary, with your wife's account as secondary, with app sharing on

How do you have the headsets set up with the accounts? Is it like below?

Quest 2 = your account as primary
Quest 3 = your account as primary, with your wife's account as secondary, with app sharing on
Quest 2 - I am primary, she is secondary.
Quest 3 - She is primary, I am secondary.

She only gets a headset referral link if she is primary on a headset (and hers gives/gets $60 for quest 3 referrals so I use that one on my link tree), so I had to leave her as primary on the 3. However, to access my full library of games, my account stays logged in on the 3. If there is something we want to play together, we log her account in on the 2 and she has access to a lot of my library. If there is a time when we each want to play separately, and what I want to play doesn't support app sharing, I can switch the 2 to my account (example, I'm pretty sure Beat Saber doesn't support app sharing, so we couldn't play that at the same time, though I haven't tested it). She isn't super into gaming, and barely touched the 2 outside of the initial honeymoon period, but she expressed a mild interest in the 3 when it was announced, so we'll see if she sticks with it long enough to get VR legs. I bought Cook-Out mostly because we did get addicted to Overcooked 2 co-op on Xbox at one point, so I think that may be my best shot ( I already had the PC version of Cook-Out from a bundle, but just 1 gaming PC). I also already had Sep's Diner, but Cook-Out seemed like a closer analog - hope to try both with her.

I certainly think you made the right choice getting a battery strap for the q3. It uses a little more power than the q2, especially the mr games. I have the m2 on my q2 and love it. I bought the binbok vr t3 for my q3 after hearing the batteries on the bobo may not perform so well on the q3 (apparently a firmware update on the q3 has since helped with the battery issue). I prefer the feel of the binbok strap to the m2 on my q2, but that may be in large part due to the differences in the q3 itself.

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but if you use any sort of glasses for long distance at all, you REALLY should get prescription lenses for VR. They completely clear up blurriness and allow the headsets to be closer to your face (wider field of view) without trying to fit glasses between. I have a set in my PSVR2 and my Quest 3 and it is night and day even though my prescription is just for driving or watching TV

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but if you use any sort of glasses for long distance at all, you REALLY should get prescription lenses for VR. They completely clear up blurriness and allow the headsets to be closer to your face (wider field of view) without trying to fit glasses between. I have a set in my PSVR2 and my Quest 3 and it is night and day even though my prescription is just for driving or watching TV
Can you stop? I’ve been telling myself that I do NOT need lenses even though I have bad astigmatism. Your post is NOT helping lol.

I know that Meta teamed up with zennioptical, but where did you get yours?

I know that Meta teamed up with zennioptical, but where did you get yours?

I did VR Optician for both PSVR2 and Quest 3. They run about $69 for a set, but I had coupons each time to make them $65 total. I did NOT add the blue light filter. I know there are less expensive options but I liked the confidence in knowing they use Carl Zeiss lenses. I've been really happy with them so far.

I certainly think you made the right choice getting a battery strap for the q3. It uses a little more power than the q2, especially the mr games. I have the m2 on my q2 and love it. I bought the binbok vr t3 for my q3 after hearing the batteries on the bobo may not perform so well on the q3 (apparently a firmware update on the q3 has since helped with the battery issue). I prefer the feel of the binbok strap to the m2 on my q2, but that may be in large part due to the differences in the q3 itself.
When it comes to battery, I prefer not having a proprietary battery weigh down my head but instead wear a shirt with a pocket and attach a short cable to a power bank. Bam, extra battery, no extra weight and it doesn't get in the way of the experience. I have a 5,000, 10,000, 20,000 and 30,000 power banks to use an any situation. Longest I've gone is 8 hours in VR.

I also use the Halo strap which takes away all of the face and head pressure. Great design since I get headaches from the rear pressure.

Here are a few new sale prices
Everslaught Invasion is $8 off at $11.99
Unbinary might be $3 off for some of you (not me), but it's cheaper to wait and use a referral link
Same with Cities: VR $4 off at $15.99

Older sales that are still active
Cave Digger is $9 off at $10.99
Disc Ninja is $5 off at $9.99
Golf 5 is $10 off at $19.99
Mixture is $7 off for some at $17.99
Ven VR Adventure is $10 off for some at $9.99
Cave Digger is $9 off for some at $10.99
Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sister is $10 off for some at $9.99

Last edited:
Deisim 80% off discount code: PLAYGOD-80DEF0 .
This is not a referral code, I don't get anything from this, not sure how long or how many uses it is valid for, but it worked for me.

Update: expired.

Last edited:
I thought I'd show pre-orders that offer discounts on the meta store at the moment

Snow Wars Releases 10/19 $19.99 save $2 with pre-order

Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord Releases 10/26 $54.99 save $5 with pre-order

Vampire: The Masquerade- Justice 11/02 $29.99 save $3 with pre-order

Demeo Battles 11/09 $19.99 save $2 with pre-order

Pavlov Shack 11/14 $19.99 save $5 with pre-order

Stranger Things VR 11/30 $29.99 save $3 with pre-order

Bulletstorm VR 12/14 $39.99 save $4 with pre-order

Racket Club (December) $24.99 save $3 with pre-order

You can also save $30 if you're buying a headset or 25% off most games that has been released (Over $9.99) by getting a referral link from someone who has the game before you buy it. There is already a device referral forum at CAG for those wishing to save money on a headset. And another forum for game referrals. You can also feel free to message me for a referral link if I have the game. You can get $5 store credit for giving a referral link! I have also had luck finding referral links quickly with a google search.
!

Current discounted games
Unbinary might be $3 off for some of you (not me), but it's cheaper to wait and use a referral link
Same with Cities: VR $4 off at $15.99

Sairento is on sale for $11.99 (was cheaper in the Fanatical winter sale, but that required buying at least 2 games and it is over anyway) for the next 12 days.
The Secret of Retropolis is on sale for $6.99 for the next 30 days.

Cool- I've added them to the list of current discounted games
Sairento VR: Untethered is $8 off at $11.99
The Secret of Retropolis is $3 off at $6.99
Same with Cities: VR $4 off at $15.99 and Arcade Legend $5 off at $19.99

Here is an updated list of the games I ran across that are on sale-
VR Ping Pong Pro is $4 off at $10.99
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets is $2 off at $7.99
Shadowgate VR: The Mines of Mythrok is $8 off at $16.99
Barbaria is $5 off at $14.99

The games below have discounts less than 25% so you're better off waiting for the sale to end and getting a referral link
Racket Club is $2.50 off at $22.49
World War Toons: Tank Arena VR is $2 off at $17.99
Spacefolk City is $2 off at $17.99
Red Matter is $5 off at $19.99
Arcade Legend is $5 off at $19.99
Unbinary is $3 off at $11.99
Swarm 2 pre-order is $3 off at $21.99

Last edited:
Meta code for Gadgeteer is $11.01 at fanatical. Normally $14.99 on meta.
Rainbow Reactor: Fusion meta code is $7.34. It's $9.99 on meta.
While that Gadgeteer price is technically better than 25% off, I'd still recommend using a referral instead. Yes, it would cost you an extra 23 cents, but the person whose code you use would get $5 credit out of it.

Also, wampler, thanks for mentioning Hellblade. I had seen mention that it was $2.99 in other threads, but I honestly didn't realize it was playable in VR. Doesn't really seem like my kind of game, but I picked it up anyway, just in case.

It looks like Walmart is giving $50 meta store credit with the purchase of a 128gb quest 2 priced at $249. If you pick one up, don't forget to get $30 additional meta credit and help out a fellow quester by using a headset referral link before you activate it. You can find headset links as well as links for meta games that can save you 25% off games over $10 HERE.

UPDATE: This deal is no longer available.

Last edited:
It looks like Disc Ninja is back down to $9.99 and it may be a permanent drop, as it isn't listed as a sale price, so potentially discount codes should work on it.

The Start Something New isn't all that's on sale- here is an updated list of the games I ran across that are also on sale-
VR Ping Pong Pro is $4 off at $10.99
Shadowgate VR: The Mines of Mythrok is $8 off at $16.99
Barbaria is $5 off at $14.99
Windlands is $5 off at $9.99
Windlands 2 is $10 off at $14.99
PathCraft is $9 off at $5.99

The games below have discounts less than 25% so you're better off waiting for the sale to end and getting a referral link
World War Toons: Tank Arena VR is $2 off at $17.99
Spacefolk City is $2 off at $17.99
Red Matter is $5 off at $19.99
Arcade Legend is $5 off at $19.99
Unbinary is $3 off at $11.99
Swarm 2 pre-order is $3 off at $21.99

Sony has always been terrible at peripheral support. They’re innovative in bringing new technology to market but terrible at supporting it (peripherals, they do alright with consoles and other tech). I say that as an adopter of the PS Eye, move controllers, Vita and PSVR 1. It’s one of the major reasons I went with the Quest 3 over the PSVR2. Even if the 2 has better tech, it will be locked down and unable to be maximized (no pc connection, not even allowing original PSVR library to port over, etc). So never trust Sony to provide the long term support needed to make a “weird” peripheral worth investing in, imo.

bread's done
Back