Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders Collections in HD... on PS3... AND THE 360!

Well, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 as well as Peace Walker will most likely be released on their own discs for 360, but curious on how it will be for PS3, will it all be on one Blu-Ray like God of War Collection?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji'][quote name='jello44']http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/03/kojima_qa/

According to this, the MGS3 version is the Subsistence one.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure why everyone thought that it wouldn't be that version.[/QUOTE]

I think most likely due to it retain the name Snake Eater and it automatically make people think about the original released version rather than the "improved" Subsistance version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thunder_gamer']Well, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 as well as Peace Walker will most likely be released on their own discs for 360, but curious on how it will be for PS3, will it all be on one Blu-Ray like God of War Collection?

I think most likely due to it retain the name Snake Eater and it automatically make people think about the original released version rather than the "improved" Subsistance version.[/QUOTE]

but the coverart is clearly the improved version

I really wouldn't care to play MGS2 again. I wish they would release each one separately because I would love to play through MGS3 for the first time.

http://www.konami.com/officialsites/kjpe3/hd_mgs.php

The English versions of the HD collection sites are live. It only mentions including a PSP code for the Peace Walker, so it doesn't look like MGS1 will be offered with the package.

The PlayStation®3 version in TRANSFARRING enabled and comes with a PSP® digital download code for METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER, meaning you are able to play the PS3® version on the big screen at home and continue on-the-go by playing the same save file on your PSP®!

It also seems like these games may be appearing on XBLA and PSN:
*Digital Download Versions are planned to be distributed via PlayStation®Store, Xbox Live® ARCADE

The ZOE collection still has the Transfarring logo on the cover, so something has to be happening on PSP or NGP with that collection.

[quote name='looploop']I really wouldn't care to play MGS2 again. I wish they would release each one separately because I would love to play through MGS3 for the first time.[/QUOTE]

They said they will be on sale on XBLA/PSN, I'm guessing you could just buy MGS3 alone?

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']They said they will be on sale on XBLA/PSN, I'm guessing you could just buy MGS3 alone?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, the current God of War and Prince of Persia collections on PSN are already split up that way, so you can just buy GOW1 alone, for example. I'd assume these collections will be put up on the PS Store and XBL Marketplace the same way for those that don't want all of the games.

they should do a ps3 remake of mgs1 twin snakes style, but better since it's on ps3. I could care less about peace walker honestly. just super pumped for 2,3 on this collection.

I have all the MGS games along (including Twin Snakes) with an opened MGS collection. Also have ZoE2 that I never started. Sucks I never got a chance to play them, but definitely will play in HD.

Guess time to sell them and get some money back before this hits.

[quote name='dotCody']ZoE collection is a day 1 buy for me. I just wish that it didn't go multi-plat.[/QUOTE]

Why? A larger audience means more potential sales for ZoE3! You want ZoE3, don't you?

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']They said they will be on sale on XBLA/PSN, I'm guessing you could just buy MGS3 alone?[/QUOTE]
I wonder if this means each individual game will only contain 200 achievement points? Or will MS be willing to go around their rules.

Resident Evil 4/Code Veronica are getting around that by being part of Games On Demand, I'm guessing the Metal Gears will do the same thing.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Why? A larger audience means more potential sales for ZoE3! You want ZoE3, don't you?[/QUOTE]
Larger audience? You mean less content and more limitations. :booty:

[quote name='dotCody']Larger audience? You mean less content and more limitations. :booty:[/QUOTE]

What makes you think either of those things happen to multi-platform games?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']What makes you think either of those things happen to multi-platform games?[/QUOTE]
Are you fucking serious?

[quote name='Vinny']Maybe that's just a placeholder price? I mean, if it seriously is $50 without the original MGS, fuck that.[/QUOTE]I no longer put ANYTHING past companies.
1-How many versions of SFIV are there?
2-How/why is there a "gold edition" of Naughty Bear?
3-How many people have switched to "I'll wait for the GOTY/GH/Complete edition will all the DLC"?
4-Speaking of DLC, how much are DLC characters in MVC3?
5-Day 1 DLC?
I love RDR but come on just offer people a $80-$100 LE steelbook that comes with the DLC on the disc day 1 & the ability to get all future DLC for "free". Make sure the LE stuff is quality unlike the dead space 2 Burger king quality "plasma cutter", keep quanities truly limited to encourage day 1 sales & restrict discounting on these for a specific amount of time. Confine this to AAA titles or established brands that sell AC, COD etc.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Enlighten me, since the answers are so obvious to you, good sir.[/QUOTE]
Post about how Final Fantasy XIII's structure was designed to accommodate the Xbox 360, even though the 360 port was only dreamt up after the game had been in development for years, incoming in 3, 2...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Enlighten me, since the answers are so obvious to you, good sir.[/QUOTE]

He really loved Snake vs. Monkey

Why is this so hard for you to understand? Exclusive games are designed for the hardware specifically and developers have more time to focus on the game then coding it to other platforms. Do I have to bring up Final Fantasy XIII?

[quote name='dotCody']Why is this so hard for you to understand? Exclusive games are designed for the hardware specifically and developers have more time to focus on the game then coding it to other platforms. Do I have to bring up Final Fantasy XIII?[/QUOTE]

Big deal. It is/was a transitional period. Exclusives are becoming a thing of the past. I, as well as many others would much rather have the option to play series such as FF, MGS, and GTA on the console of our choice.

[quote name='Trakan']Big deal. It is/was a transitional period. Exclusives are becoming a thing of the past. I, as well as many others would much rather have the option to play series such as FF, MGS, and GTA on the console of our choice.[/QUOTE]
I, as well as many other would much rather play exclusive games rather than watered-down multi-platforms (e.g. Duke Nukem Forever). Remember Crysis? Imagine if they had made it for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well. It'd suck as bad as Crysis 2, I guarantee you that.

dotCody has a point, but FFXIII is a poor example. there is no proof that it changed in anyway after a 360 version was planned.

content was cut to make the game better paced, as what happens during every game's development. The 360 version definitely had its own limitations in terms of multiple discs and slightly less polished visuals, but it had no effect on XIII's original design.

--

exclusive games do seem to get more attention and love from developers and gamers alike, so i doubt we'll see them disappear entirely. and in the case of PC franchises going to console, we do see a change in design.

i just hate having to buy a certain platform to play 3 games =p

[quote name='dotCody']I, as well as many other would much rather play exclusive games rather than watered-down multi-platforms (e.g. Duke Nukem Forever). Remember Crysis? Imagine if they had made it for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well. It'd suck as bad as Crysis 2, I guarantee you that.[/QUOTE]

So your example is a 12 year old game that's been in developmental hell forever? Okay. Get back to me when Gearbox makes the next Duke game. I played it on the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it, too.

[quote name='panzerfaust']exclusive games do seem to get more attention and love from developers and gamers alike, so i doubt we'll see them disappear entirely. and in the case of PC franchises going to console, we do see a change in design.

i just hate having to buy a certain platform to play 3 games =p[/QUOTE]

The only exclusives you'll see are first party. Halo, LBP, Team Ico games, Gears, etc.

[quote name='panzerfaust']dotCody has a point[/QUOTE]

I know, he just doesn't know which one he's making. He says "Xbox 360 is nice and all, but exclusive Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 would have been one of the best games of all time. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!", when I notice he owns Mass Effect 2 for both the 360 and PS3, so I'd wager that he doesn't have a problem with that game's multi-platform awesomeness.

[quote name='panzerfaust']there are still 3rd party exclusives that are popular, but yes i do see that trend dying for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE]

Which big name dev hasn't gone multi-platform yet?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I know, he just doesn't know which one he's making. He says "Xbox 360 is nice and all, but exclusive Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 would have been one of the best games of all time. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!", when I notice he owns Mass Effect 2 for both the 360 and PS3, so I'd wager that he doesn't have a problem with that game's multi-platform awesomeness.[/QUOTE]Well, I never said it would have one of the best games of all time but it would have been a lot better.

And who said I own what? I rented Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 back in March because I had a free game rental from Blockbuster. I heard that it had updated graphics and DLC content since the game was a ported version. Having never played any Mass Effect game I tried it out and fell in love with it. I then received a free, but used, copy of Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition for the 360 a month ago. I do have a problem with multi-platform games, the PS3 port had quite a few bugs. Mainly on the Overlord mission.

And look at what a harmful comment has turned into. A stupid fucking debate. How about we agree that some people prefer exclusive games and some people don't?

[quote name='Trakan']Which big name dev hasn't gone multi-platform yet?[/QUOTE]

And now look at the quality of games those companies now release.

[quote name='j-cart']And now look at the quality of games those companies now release.[/QUOTE]

Well, don't just say that. Give me some examples.

Off the top of my head; Bioshock, ME, Dead Rising 2, RE5, Oblivion/Fallout, and FF all somewhat recently went multi-platform. I don't see how it hurt them.

[quote name='Enuf'][quote name='Vinny']Maybe that's just a placeholder price? I mean, if it seriously is $50 without the original MGS, fuck that.[/QUOTE]I no longer put ANYTHING past companies.
1-How many versions of SFIV are there?
2-How/why is there a "gold edition" of Naughty Bear?
3-How many people have switched to "I'll wait for the GOTY/GH/Complete edition will all the DLC"?
4-Speaking of DLC, how much are DLC characters in MVC3?
5-Day 1 DLC?
I love RDR but come on just offer people a $80-$100 LE steelbook that comes with the DLC on the disc day 1 & the ability to get all future DLC for "free". Make sure the LE stuff is quality unlike the dead space 2 Burger king quality "plasma cutter", keep quanities truly limited to encourage day 1 sales & restrict discounting on these for a specific amount of time. Confine this to AAA titles or established brands that sell AC, COD etc.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you. I remember seeing Street Fighter IV during one of Toys 'R' Us sale, but then Super is coming out, so thought would wait for that. And then there came Arcade Edition...

And yeah, the DLCs are getting ridiculous, take LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers for example. The DLC cost about $1.99 for LittleBigPlanet characters and character with kart bundle can cost about $1.99 for ModNation Racers, while it is fun to have your character dress up as Iron Man or whatever and fun to have different looking character(s) and kart(s), but the cost of those DLC are approximately 6% or 10%, depend on the price of the game, of the cost of the game. Over time, it accumulates and the DLC can cost more than the game itself. Yes, those DLC are entirely optional but some gamers want things as complete as possible and the game companies are banking on that.

Anyway, from the look of it, Konami could possibly be working on a way to port Metal Gear Solid 4 to 360. Because many probably did not expect them to do that for Metal Gear Solid 3 and definitely not for Peace Walker.

[quote name='Trakan']Well, don't just say that. Give me some examples.

Off the top of my head; Bioshock, ME, Dead Rising 2, RE5, Oblivion/Fallout, and FF all somewhat recently went multi-platform. I don't see how it hurt them.[/QUOTE]

Note: Sales =/= a good game.

Bioshock 1 was alright, but 2 was crap.

Dead Rising 2 had crap that they didn't fix from DR1, which made that crap unplayable.

ME2 was okay but not what I wanted from it. It could have been SOOOOOO much better than it was.

RE5 was crap.

Oblivion doesn't count since the PC version owns.

FF13 was the worse one yet (it might be enjoyable, but it is the worse one).

DMC4 was filled with so much crap that the next one needs to be worse to offset the crappiness of DMC4.

Lost Planet 2 was a crap filled turd wrapped in vomit.

GTA4 when compared to San Andreas. Stand alone its okay, but no where as amazing as what San Andreas was.

Deus Ex 2 was CRAPPY CRAP.

*Cough* Tekken 6 *Cough* Actually it was a great addition to the franchise, but the time it took to release made it a back burner fighter, rather than being the top contending fighter that it should have been.

I think I hit most of them.

[quote name='j-cart']Bioshock 1 was alright, but 2 was crap.

ME2 was okay but not what I wanted from it. It could have been SOOOOOO much better than it was.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are good games if Bioshock 1 is "alright" and ME2 is "okay"?

[quote name='j-cart']Note: Sales =/= a good game.

Bioshock 1 was alright, but 2 was crap.

Dead Rising 2 had crap that they didn't fix from DR1, which made that crap unplayable.

ME2 was okay but not what I wanted from it. It could have been SOOOOOO much better than it was.

RE5 was crap.

Oblivion doesn't count since the PC version owns.

FF13 was the worse one yet (it might be enjoyable, but it is the worse one).

DMC4 was filled with so much crap that the next one needs to be worse to offset the crappiness of DMC4.

Lost Planet 2 was a crap filled turd wrapped in vomit.

GTA4 when compared to San Andreas. Stand alone its okay, but no where as amazing as what San Andreas was.

Deus Ex 2 was CRAPPY CRAP.

*Cough* Tekken 6 *Cough* Actually it was a great addition to the franchise, but the time it took to release made it a back burner fighter, rather than being the top contending fighter that it should have been.

I think I hit most of them.[/QUOTE]

So your argument is that these games wouldn't have been bad in your opinion had they only been released on one console?

Wow.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']What the hell are good games if Bioshock 1 is "alright" and ME2 is "okay"?[/QUOTE]
Haze, Lair, Too Human.

Duh! ;)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Haze, Lair, Too Human.

Duh! ;)[/QUOTE]

Too Human = Best 360 game known to mankind.... :D

but on a serious note, I'm excited for ZoE Collection, I never had the chance to play them on the PS2 and I've heard great things about them

[quote name='Trakan']So your argument is that these games wouldn't have been bad in your opinion had they only been released on one console?

Wow.[/QUOTE]

I never said that these games would have never been bad if they stayed on a single console. I said that their quality has gone down when compared to their predecessor/franchise (which in most cases were single platform).

I wish the Metal Gear Solid collection would include the "Document of Metal Gear Solid 2."

I will buy this day one if it includes that little bit of content. Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 was available separately on the PS2 in the U.S. region. It was more of a the making of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and a preview of Substance.

I have Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on the original Xbox, you would think that everything from Document would be included with Substance.

Edit: Side note...I still want Metal Gear Solid VR missions to be released on the PSN. That would be awesome to be able to legitimately play VR missions on my PSP/on the go.

Edit 2: It would be nice to hear the Japanese audio track with English subtitles or vice versa. Not saying I don't appreciate the English voices, just want another option.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']any news on release date yet?

edit: NVM 2012....[/QUOTE]
Really? I thought it was still slated for November/December of this year.

Now that I think about it. I would probably pay for Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 as downloadable content. I wonder if Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance will have the skateboarding mini-game that was included in the PS2 version?

I'll definitely get Zone of the Enders HD, definitely liking all these HD remakes.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Really? I thought it was still slated for November/December of this year.[/QUOTE]
sweet

bread's done
Back