Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders Collections in HD... on PS3... AND THE 360!

Because it'd look terrible, just like Final Fantasy 7 would. Oh, and if they went the Twin Snakes route...ugh.

The Silent Hill collection doesn't include 1 or 4, what the hell, Konami? Also, why no substance and subsistence versions in the MGS collection? And where's Portable Ops?

These are really half assed collections. The MGS Essential Collection was better than this.

In for all but don't be surprised if these are just part 1 of the coll. With these selling well for them companies that have more than 3 games in the series will definitely look to capitalize on the extra sales by getting mulitiple collection out.
The way their putting PSP to PS3 games out this will REALLY help the NGP, Sony you got a winner just don't mess up with a bad price. All this classic software added with new software incoming the possibilities are endless keep em coming. But I'm a CAG so $20-$25 will be when I buy.
Where MGS1 it needs to be on the disc not everyone has internet access.

Hahahahahahaha, I love Mega 64. I'm super bummed MGS1 isn't included as that one will always be my favorite, and I think Twin Snakes style would've looked awesome in HD, but I'll live.

fucking sucks this is coming out though, cause I have the original collection still sealed, haha. Wonder if either of these will perform better on the PS3. I'd like to get them on Xbox, but if the PS3 has a significant advantage, I'd probably go that route.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Edit 2: And a PSP code for Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's very nice. I guess I'll be able to play Peace Walker on my NGP after all.

This is awesome I can finally play the Zone of the Enders games, never played either! I have Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on Xbox and MGS 3: Subsistence on PS2. I also have Peace Walker on PSP. I might get these MGS HD collections later on.

I have Silent Hill 2 on Xbox, SH: Shattered Memories on PS2, and SH: Origins on PSP. I wonder what those HD collections will be like. Guessing double packs... SH:SM with SH 2, SH 3 and SH: The Room. Never played Silent Hill: The Room or Silent Hill 3.

I'd like to get all these just to retire my various platforms/last generation copies and have all of them on just Xbox 360 and/or PS3.

I wouldn't mind if Twin Snakes (MGS 1) was ported with the MGS: Digital Graphic Novels and the original Metal Gear 1 and 2.

Dammit, I bought a PSP just to play Peacewalker! Just as well I guess---I've found other games that have no console equivalent to enjoy, so I guess my purchase wasn't entirely in vain. I welcome the console version of Peacewalker, since playing an MGS game without a second analog stick is beyond frustrating. Haven't even finished my PSP copy because of that.

I just wish it included the MSX games from the Susbsitence extras disc. Then I could get rid of my PS2 copy.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Dammit, I bought a PSP just to play Peacewalker! Just as well I guess---I've found other games that have no console equivalent to enjoy, so I guess my purchase wasn't entirely in vain. I welcome the console version of Peacewalker, since playing an MGS game without a second analog stick is beyond frustrating. Haven't even finished my PSP copy because of that.[/QUOTE]

Same exact situation here. I bought a PSP Go and purchased PW, got to level 5 and called it quits. I sort of regret spending the $20 on it now considering this was just announced. Oh well. I'll still use my PSP for the welcome back program and I want to get Castlevania: Dracula Chronicles X.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about this actually. When the GoW collection finally hit shelves, I thought it would be my chance to actually finish them both but in practice it just sat on my shelf again. These are great for people who have never played the games, but I find myself too preoccupied with newer releases to ever replay oldies in HD. That and I think MGS is dead to me since I just don't find it that interesting anymore.

And for the record, ZOE was awful. The only reason any of us ever bothered with the game was for the MGS2 demo. In fact, EB Games eventually started selling the demo USED it was so popular lol.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']I don't understand why this is so exciting to everyone unless you only own a 360. These aren't new games, just re-releases of more old games that is becoming an increasing trend in the industry.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't know why this announcement is causing everyone to say that Konami wins E3. They're just rereleasing old games (MGS3 is still coming to the 3DS even). Give me something new. [/QUOTE]

You know, not everyone gets off on shit graphics. Some of these games are still in my backlog and I'd rather play good-looking versions than eyecancer ones.

It's extremely disappointing that they didn't include the original MGS.

Almost makes me want to skip it, but considering my XBox copy of MGS2 is *still sealed* and I never owned a PS2 to play MGS3, I'll probably pick it up.

Zoe 1 was pretty bad. It really didn't have much going for it, other than its ok story. I realy like Zoe 2. Such a big improvement.

Why is there no MGS1? Also still no MGS4 for 360 owners...
I think the Twin Snakes on the Gamecube remake was sufficient enough but it would have been nice to at least see MGS1.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is there no MGS1? Also still no MGS4 for 360 owners...
I think the Twin Snakes on the Gamecube remake was sufficient enough but it would have been nice to at least see MGS1.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing MGS isn't on there because it would look like crap if upscaled. Can you imagine some of those PS1 textures running at 720p or 1080p? They would probably have to re-do everything. And yeah, they could us TTS but that would mean they'd have to port it over since that was a GC game. Basically, these HD collections are quick cash ins so I doubt Konami wants to do the work.

I wonder if they plan to release some kind of special version of MGS4, like Substance and Subsistence?;-k

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']LinkinPrime will be excited that he can play all the way through an MGS now.

I wonder what games tie in with the Zone of the Enders collection for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Have you seen his played games list? He buys everything and finishes nothing!

[quote name='seanr1221']Not likely. Have you seen his played games list? He buys everything and finishes nothing![/QUOTE]
I did say he "can" play through it, not that he would do it.

It's about time for a remaster of MGS1 anyway. If this were a capcom game, we'd have bought it 4 more times since the cube version came out and I'd have a copy on my iPhone.

Disappointed to not see Portable Ops represented in this collection either. It seems to be that the Collections should have been something like

MGS1 remix / MGS 2
MGS 3 / Portable Ops / Peace Walker

First pack would have less content- but have a higher production cost, 2nd pack more content, but really just a cash grab. Also- that breaks the series up into 2 distinct story arcs.

[quote name='cochesecochese']The problem with that is Portable Ops is crap. I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

This. Truly bad game, but kinda cool story/cutscenes. Peace Walker is fantastic on the other hand, but I question it as a console game. It's a great pick up and play MGS game and perfect for portables, but at least people without a PSP can now play it.

This announcement brings MGS2 and MGS3 to Xbox 360, but not MGS1 or MGS4. And even though the PSP-to-PS3 remastering program was only recently unveiled, this announcement is the first PSP-to-360 instance I've heard of with Peace Walker in HD.

Funny how Konami will do this and inadvertently bring trophy support to *those* titles but not have trophies for MGS4. :roll:

Even though my PS2 library has the Substance and Subsistence versions of MGS2 and MGS3 (and I have a BC PS3 to play them on), I might just get this if the improvements are big enough. And I have Peace Walker on UMD for PSP, too; having it on PS3 in HD would make playing through it more appealing for me.

Would've liked for this collection to include Portable Ops, too, but oh well.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's no MP in MGS3. It says on the page for the MGS2/3 remakes that they're only single-player.

Edit: It also mentions that the PS3 version of MGS HD Collection gets a code for MGS1.
Edit 2: And a PSP code for Peace Walker.[/QUOTE]
If this is true for the U.S. PS3 version of the MGS HD collection (meaning PSN codes for MGS1 on PS3/PSP and PW on PSP), then I'm definitely sold. The PW download in particular would have me set for NGP.

Ah, and I took some screen caps from the press conference if anyone's interested in box art and some additional info to add to the thread.

MGS HD Collection box art (U.S.):
myF6g.jpg

ZOE HD Collection box art (U.S.):
c2jPM.jpg

Info on what improvements the HD editions contain:
4EkUt.jpg

When it says it takes advantage of the right analog stick, I'm assuming this means it has the same type of camera that was included in Subsistence right? (Also included for MGS2 which is nice)

^It's probably exclusively referring to MGS:pW with that comment since the PSP has no right stick which results in pretty crap controls- but hell, here's to hopping the improved the other cameras too.

Having achievements makes me want the 360 versions... but Transfarring could convince me otherwise. I'm also curious to how much work they will be putting in to these games.

So if they're making a big deal of Transfarring, and Cafe has a portable attached to it and is on par with PS360, anyone think they'll announce a Transfarring-capable version of Peace Walker for Cafe next week?

Thought Konami was going to put Peace Walker separate...awesome, all in one packaging. Now if Konami would do a Silent Scope collection with Move/Kinect support that would be nice. Maybe a Suikoden collection that would be cool.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Having achievements makes me want the 360 versions... but Transfarring could convince me otherwise. I'm also curious to how much work they will be putting in to these games.[/QUOTE]

The lack of pressure sensitive buttons will hurt the 360 version, espically in ZoE

[quote name='62t']The lack of pressure sensitive buttons will hurt the 360 version, espically in ZoE[/QUOTE]

I imagine that wouldn't be a problem if the games were really optimized for the 360.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thought Konami was going to put Peace Walker separate...awesome, all in one packaging.[/QUOTE]
Peace Walker is only separate in Japan.

JEHUTY IN 1080p!
Remastered SNAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAATER!
Silent Hill Collection without Silent Hill 4: The Room?...

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, KONAMI!
However, my body is ready.

[quote name='Kilvas09']JEHUTY IN 1080p!
Remastered SNAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAATER!
Silent Hill Collection without Silent Hill 4: The Room?...

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, KONAMI!
However, my body is ready.
[/QUOTE]

Well it is called the SIlent Hill Collection... and Sh4 really isn't a Silent Hill game.

[quote name='wwe101']how much will the MGS collection be at launch? I refuse to pay more than $30 for it.[/QUOTE]
Probably at least $40, I'd easily pay $60 for it, though.

I can't wait for Zone of Enders 2nd Runner in HD though pretty much own all of them on PS2 still. I would love to see a Suikoden HD collection though. :)

[quote name='KingBroly']Because it'd look terrible, just like Final Fantasy 7 would. Oh, and if they went the Twin Snakes route...ugh.[/QUOTE]

The Matrix-style cutscenes kill it for you, too?

Kind of surprised that they bothered polishing a PSP game and not MGS1.

I'm with ballard on his suggestion of two collections, with the aligning story arcs and all.

I changed my mind mgs & sh collections all suck.
they dont have the originals nor the special editions of each and their stupidly ordered.

If true, it is indeed bogus that the bonus's from Substance and Substistance aren't included, but now that I think about it... I don't think I ever played any of that anyway. Only played a handful of VR missions in Substance, and never played MGO or the old MG games from Subsistance, lol.

[quote name='Zmonkay']If true, it is indeed bogus that the bonus's from Substance and Substistance aren't included, but now that I think about it... I don't think I ever played any of that anyway. Only played a handful of VR missions in Substance, and never played MGO or the old MG games from Subsistance, lol.[/QUOTE]

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/03/kojima_qa/

According to this, the MGS3 version is the Subsistence one.

bread's done
Back