Metal Gear Solid 4 Guides on Sale

sixspeednissan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I wouldn't really consider a guide deal something to post, but with the release of this game being so huge and so many CAGs getting it I figured I'd post this anyway. I hadn't seen anything about this deal posted yet. Also, its not a penny guide so it doesn't need to go into the guide thread. Amazon.com has the limited edition guide on sale for $19.79 and the regular version for $13.59. Thats a pretty damn good deal for the limited edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...d_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212528723&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...d_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212528723&sr=8-2

I already scored one of the LE earlier today when I picked up the PS3 remote for $15 on their Lightning deal-- saved myself over $20 combined with getting them together. I don't need the guide right away anyways-- I'm pretty much going to use it after I finish the game and go back to see what I missed, so it'll arrive the week after I get the bundle pack.

Actually though, the pre-orders have been available for at least a week, so it's not really news. I'm just glad I found something useful to go along with it for the free shipping.

i already paid of my LE Guide @ gamestop and im going to get the regular edition w/the game @CC when it comes out. But its still a pretty good deal

The linked post didn't show the regular edition's sale price. I've also noticed Gamestop.com has the same prices if you buy online only, and you can use your edge card to save 10% more on it.

I'm grabbing the LE. I have $15 to use on amazon so it's pretty good. Guess I'll use this opportunity to sign up for the Amazon prime trial so I can get free shipping.

[quote name='Watchman']
Actually though, the pre-orders have been available for at least a week, so it's not really news. I'm just glad I found something useful to go along with it for the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I preordered the LE Guide on Amazon over a month ago...

[quote name='pat87']I preordered the LE Guide on Amazon over a month ago...[/quote]

Hence why I said at least a week, because that's when I first spotted it. I didn't want to speculate.

The title says its Paperback, but the description says "boasting a hard cover". Which is it? I do want this guide too. I can't decide if I should get it, or save money (my logical choice).

[quote name='pat87']I preordered the LE Guide on Amazon over a month ago...[/quote]

Me too. I picked it up the first time I saw this posted on this website. I still have the confirmation receipt dated April 8th.

I got the LE guide for about $15 & some change when I used the coupon and ordered it all from Gamestop.com. Although, that was along with the LE game.

In B4 Pricejack to $23! Woot! Kind of amusing that they have a price guarantee if it goes lower before release--but it's only been going UP.

[quote name='scrambler63']Fry's is giving the guide away with the game. I think CC is too.

LA Times[/quote]

CC is most definitely giving the guide away-- but just the regular edition. Still, it'll save someone $20. Me, I'm in for the LE from Amazon for $15 at the time when I ordered it.

Just got my LE guide 5 minutes ago in the mail.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

[quote name='Strife025']$17.82 from Buy.com + free shipping > 22.79 from Amazon
$17.82 from Buy.com + free shipping -$10 GCO new account = $7.82 > *[/QUOTE]

Buy.com charges me tax in CA.

Does anyone have pictures that compare the 2 guides? Not sure if the LE is worth it.

[quote name='OGHowie']Buy.com charges me tax in CA.

Does anyone have pictures that compare the 2 guides? Not sure if the LE is worth it.[/quote]

Yea me too, but even with tax its a good deal. I actually just ordered it and shipping is actually $3.60 not free. Came out to $13.08 after tax which is still better then anywhere else for the LE version. Regular version is probably like $5.

[quote name='OGHowie']Buy.com charges me tax in CA.

Does anyone have pictures that compare the 2 guides? Not sure if the LE is worth it.[/quote]
Is there something wrong with my picture? Is it even showing up?

[quote name='Ragekod']Is there something wrong with my picture? Is it even showing up?[/quote]

It is showing up fine for me... a little blurry, but still okay.

It looks like the LE has a "Numbered lithograph by..." and "15(?) page art chapter with a selection of the best art from the MGS series." Is that what it says on the back there? Are the hardcover and artwork the only differences?

[quote name='Strife025']Yea me too, but even with tax its a good deal. I actually just ordered it and shipping is actually $3.60 not free. Came out to $13.08 after tax which is still better then anywhere else for the LE version. Regular version is probably like $5.[/quote]

ordered here too, good price for LE.. $13.xx bucks

Extra content exclusive to the collectors edition:
-Numbered lithograph by Yoji Shinkawa.
-16 Page solid snake Art chapter with a selection of the best art from the MGS series.

[quote name='tagout']I thought MGS4 LE guide is a GameStop exclusive. Oh well, good deal if I have a credit card.[/quote]

The LE Game IS Gamestop Exclusive, but not the guide.

Canceled my Amazon LE order when I heard about the CC deal.
It doesn't make sense, if you are buying the game and guide anyway, not to buy it from Circuit City. It is like getting the game $20 cheaper.

[quote name='tagout']My LE arrived yesterday (ordered it from gamestop.com) and it looks pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived today and the bottom right corner is a little dinged from bouncing around in the box. Damn it!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Anybody heard a $5 off Coupon from the Artbook you get from GS?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my artbook came with one of those coupons. But I had already ordered the guide online.

[quote name='kaiyouske']Yeah, my artbook came with one of those coupons. But I had already ordered the guide online.[/quote]

I didn't find one in my artbook. Was it loose or attached? Not that it matters as I've already got the guide...

I didn't even get my free artbook :(

Is it worth harassing the employees to get my freebie for preordering? I have the LE guide on order. If a lot of the material is redundant, I'll save myself the gas money from a return trip.

[quote name='misbitski']I didn't even get my free artbook :(

Is it worth harassing the employees to get my freebie for preordering? I have the LE guide on order. If a lot of the material is redundant, I'll save myself the gas money from a return trip.[/QUOTE]

Yea, if I hadn't reminded the Gamestop employee, I wouldn't have gotten my artbook. Kinda makes me wonder how many other LE buyers didn't get theirs.

As for the book itself, it's really more like an extended pamphlet. Apart from an article about the making of the BB Corps, it really doesn't have anything that's not done better in the LE guide. As a mater of fact, the general feel of it (the introduction to the series and the characters, the timeline, the ads for the other Metal Gear games on the back page, the fact that it just reuses Konami PR art assets from over the last few years instead of anything new) is of something that would have been better had it been released upon preordering instead of upon pickup.

[quote name='ozzymandd']As for the book itself, it's really more like an extended pamphlet. Apart from an article about the making of the BB Corps, it really doesn't have anything that's not done better in the LE guide. As a mater of fact, the general feel of it (the introduction to the series and the characters, the timeline, the ads for the other Metal Gear games on the back page, the fact that it just reuses Konami PR art assets from over the last few years instead of anything new) is of something that would have been better had it been released upon preordering instead of upon pickup.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the detailed description. I'll probably just let this one go. Sounds like the LE guide is better, and I did at least get the preorder DVD.

I had honestly completely forgotten about the "art book" when I went to pick it up.

bread's done
Back