Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

Actually, the DS3, just like the DS2 has two seperate motors, if they rumble in the direction of the enemy that attacked you, it becomes easier to tell if the attacking enemy is to your left or right. They could even have variable levels of rumble on each side depending on how far left or right the enemy is, and even the distance.

This is actually on my big list of game design features that I want to include in all my games.

Also, someone way saying how there was some MGS1 trick he tried in MGS4, but upon trying it and it not working, he actually got a call from Otacon telling him that it wouldn't work. Thing is, I wonder what that trick is.

I'm wondering if there's any chance at all that Circuit City will still have any of the guides left that they're giving free when you buy MGS4 this week if I stop by tomorrow night to pick it up. Probably not, but that's the first chance I'll have to get there.

Eh, if not, I'll just go back to my original plan to wait for a sale/price drop I guess.

[quote name='Vanigan']Actually, the DS3, just like the DS2 has two seperate motors, if they rumble in the direction of the enemy that attacked you, it becomes easier to tell if the attacking enemy is to your left or right. They could even have variable levels of rumble on each side depending on how far left or right the enemy is, and even the distance.

This is actually on my big list of game design features that I want to include in all my games.

Also, someone way saying how there was some MGS1 trick he tried in MGS4, but upon trying it and it not working, he actually got a call from Otacon telling him that it wouldn't work. Thing is, I wonder what that trick is.
[/quote]

Mind using a spoiler tag?
My bet is that it has to do with the psychic fight - he probably tried to switch controller ports like you do for the Psycho Mantis fight.

[quote name='Vanigan']Sure, if you'll edit your quote. :)[/quote]

You've got a deal. Of course, now I'll be waiting for that while I play. It's not exactly a massive plot spoiler or anything, but better safe than sorry for the rest!

[quote name='KingBroly']I just ran across a Bullshit post on NeoGaf about MGO:

Not spoilerish in anyway, but WHAT THE HELL KONAMI?:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11549921&postcount=10553[/quote]

Yes, what the fuck!? I know during the beta we could only make on character, if it's just one per game id, that's fine I guess, but if it's one per system that's absolutely nuts, that's why I hate xbox live, cause you have to buy more accounts if you want another profile for another family member.

We don't have all the info on how that works so don't give your final judgements until we get all the info on it.

Thankfully we all know, even with the popularity of MGS4, this whole MGO monetizing thing is going to fail with the way they're treating it.

They should have gone with something closer to Warhawk, with smaller expansion packs that people buy on a constant basis. It just goes to show you that Konami, and a lot of Japanese developers, really don't know this whole online thing all that well.

Even I, who really liked the gameplay of the MGO beta would just pass this up for Battlefield Bad Company or Resistance 2, both experiences I can get without odd fees, stupid account systems, and still include player progression.

I'm not sure why he didn't continue on to find out what the cost is.

I don't know why releasing expansions aren't enough for getting some money out of MGO, especially for something they call a "Starter Pack."

It says 1 character PER SYSTEM. I don't think you can get much clearer than that.

And no, nothing has come up about the cost of a second character yet. I'm watching it though.

Damn, I called one GS to get their line status on the midnight launch and by 7pm they already had 3 groups of people lined up. They said that they'd only sell one bundle per group, but I sort of doubt all GS are like that, so I'll probably have to get there 6+ hours early. Yikes.

I'm going to my GS to wait for MG right now. My friend and I are going to film videos and take pics, so I'll throw them on the net tomorrow.

I usually regret living on east coast due to XBLA and PSN releases happening only for you guys, but then I always remember east coast gets everything first at midnight, so it's even.

I'm #3 in line. I'll be getting it in 30 min.

Is anyone in line for the MGS4 World Tour signing in NY or LA? Want to get an idea of how long the line is and wait time. Gotta get prepared for the SF one. All the info I got from my buddy was that the folks at NeoGaf will be there at 8am on Sat and the signing will be from 4-6pm. That sounds like overkill but I'll definitely be down there before noon, hopefully around the 100th person in line.

Edit: Found a thread for it, If my time zone conversion is correct, that should be good enough.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']God damn there were a ton of wack ass mother fuckers at Gamestop to pick up this game.[/quote]

Did they have beards to their stomachs and hair to their legs? lol

I just got back from Gamestop. There wasn't too many people there, maybe around 35. Red bull people showed up and were giving away free Red Bulls. I picked up the LE and a DS3. I can't wait to play it.

Just got back from GS after picking up the LE. It seems there were more kids from highschool at the midnight launch. My GS seemed like they had a lot of the 80 gig ps3 with MGS4 since a ton of people picked it up and left fast. I bet some of them are gonna put it on ebay.

On another note, one of the female GS employees dressed up as Meryl from MGS, looked pretty accurate (sorry, didn't have camera with me). Also, some kid came to buy the game and was denied since he didn't have his id, said this was bs. I laughed in the inside, but feel old now.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']Is anyone in line for the MGS4 World Tour signing in NY or LA? Want to get an idea of how long the line is and wait time. Gotta get prepared for the SF one. All the info I got from my buddy was that the folks at NeoGaf will be there at 8am on Sat and the signing will be from 4-6pm. That sounds like overkill but I'll definitely be down there before noon, hopefully around the 100th person in line.

Edit: Found a thread for it, If my time zone conversion is correct, that should be good enough.[/QUOTE]

got a link to that?

[quote name='Blackout542']I just got back from Gamestop. There wasn't too many people there, maybe around 35. Red bull people showed up and were giving away free Red Bulls. I picked up the LE and a DS3. I can't wait to play it.[/quote]

I just came back from my local Gamestop too and they gave out red bulls, wouldn't happen to be at six corners (irving park/cicero/milwaukee)? lol. The damn A/C wasn't working inside the store and it felt like crap waiting around.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']On another note, one of the female GS employees dressed up as Meryl from MGS, looked pretty accurate (sorry, didn't have camera with me)[/quote]
Damn, was she pretty hot?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Damn, was she pretty hot?[/quote]

she was decent, out of a 10 scale, I'd give her a 7.

The artbook is pretty weaksauce, I was hoping for some concept art, but most of it (if not all of it) is just in game models/scenes.
On page 28, with the 4 beauties on it, the bottom right girl, just can't get my eye off that mole (or whatever you call it) right under her right nostril

Just checked ebay prices, seems like PS3 bundle with MGS4 price avg is around $550.

Not pleased w/ Gamestop tonight.

Got off work @ Midnight and got there at 12:20am...they shut down ten minutes earlier as it was really dead. I picked up GTA IV at the same location and they stayed opened till 12:30, got there almost the same time.

Had I paid the game in full balance, they would give me the game. But since I had $10 down (and an additional $5 from Ninja Gaiden II which I got @ Target instead) they couldn't.

The workers told me that I can transfer my down payment to a nearby location since that Gamestop was a 20 minute drive.

We'll see tomorrow, we'll see...but yeah I was looking forward to play MGS4 tonight.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Who cares? Snake is through with tomboys![/quote]
Who's talkin' about snake? ;)
[quote name='ZerotypeX']she was decent, out of a 10 scale, I'd give her a 7.

The artbook is pretty weaksauce, I was hoping for some concept art, but most of it (if not all of it) is just in game models/scenes.
On page 28, with the 4 beauties on it, the bottom right girl, just can't get my eye off that mole (or whatever you call it) right under her right nostril

Just checked ebay prices, seems like PS3 bundle with MGS4 price avg is around $550.[/quote]
I don't have any expectations for the artbook, but I've already heard how disappointing it is so ehh, I was just hoping it would've been on par with the DMC4 artbook :/

Anyone pick up the LE Guide? I'm curious as to whether that'd be worth it, but I'll prolly just pick it up from Amazon anyways. I kinda doubt anyone would open their's yet though, since you haven't even finished it yet.

The only gamestops doing midnight launches here are about 45 minutes away. I gladly would've driven down there for the launch, but unfortunately I was informed I wasn't able to transfer my pre-order of the LE to another location since they were already in transit to the store I already ordered from.

Sigh, it's gonna be a long wait until they open.

Here is my midnight experience in pics:
IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

One great experience!!!

ooh signed ps3. I didn't think about that lol.
nice. very nice.

Did they use that sharpie there to sign it or some liquid silver pen? If I lug my system around in my backpack wrapped with a towel I don't want to be horrified to find that I smudged their signatures up lol. Though I kinda don't feel like carrying around something so expensive and heavy for long periods of time lol. Might just get the game signed

So I went to the store where I reserved my copy, the goddamn place isn't even open but it was on the midnight launch list. I'm pretty pissed.

[quote name='imascrub']ooh signed ps3. I didn't think about that lol.
nice. very nice.

Did they use that sharpie there to sign it or some liquid silver pen? If I lug my system around in my backpack wrapped with a towel I don't want to be horrified to find that I smudged their signatures up lol. Though I kinda don't feel like carrying around something so expensive and heavy for long periods of time lol. Might just get the game signed[/quote]

Sharpie for the game, liquid silver for PS3 :D

Anyone else actually READ 1up's review of the game? The review does not lead one to believe it should be an A- game.

If you read the whole thing, it sounds like Jeremy Parish is just making up excuses for the game and letting the game get away with shit simply because it's a Metal Gear game. Gh3y.

[quote name='Morphine']Sharpie for the game, liquid silver for PS3 :D[/quote]

Was Kojima nice? He seems kinda goofy in interviews so I'm wondering. I know his English probably isn't great but how big was the line? I wonder if he stayed and signed everyone's stuff.

I just had one of those mini-installs. For those curoious about the mini-install...
It's Snake smoking again
, no too bad I hope.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else actually READ 1up's review of the game? The review does not lead one to believe it should be an A- game.

If you read the whole thing, it sounds like Jeremy Parish is just making up excuses for the game and letting the game get away with shit simply because it's a Metal Gear game. Gh3y.[/QUOTE]

It's a review, the rating is subjective, live with it.

I love how on midnight releases Gamestop employees get an inflated sense of self-importance. So much that they start to behave like nightclub bouncers when they.... are... not

The westwood gamestop is a small little store where they decided to have people checking the receipt when picking up the game and when exiting the store all within a span of 25 feet..... And in the process of exiting the guy at the door wanted to see the inside of everyone's bag, even though it was clearly there was nothing in there except for the game you picked up...........

Hence a process that should have taken 5 minutes at most to clear the line ended up taking 30 minutes.

[quote name='espy605']Was Kojima nice? He seems kinda goofy in interviews so I'm wondering. I know his English probably isn't great but how big was the line? I wonder if he stayed and signed everyone's stuff.[/quote]

He was very friendly, did not say nothing but shaked his head many times and smiled.

[quote name='Zoglog']It's a review, the rating is subjective, live with it.

I love how on midnight releases Gamestop employees get an inflated sense of self-importance. So much that they start to behave like nightclub bouncers when they.... are... not

The westwood gamestop is a small little store where they decided to have people checking the receipt when picking up the game and when exiting the store all within a span of 25 feet..... And in the process of exiting the guy at the door wanted to see the inside of everyone's bag, even though it was clearly there was nothing in there except for the game you picked up...........

Hence a process that should have taken 5 minutes at most to clear the line ended up taking 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I don't care that it got an A-. I wouldn't care what grade it got. I'm just saying, if you read the review, it doesn't seem like you're reading about an A- quality game. It's like if you read an extremely positive review, mentioning only a few caveats, but the game ends up with a C+ or some shit. I'd like to see some consistency is all.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't care that it got an A-. I wouldn't care what grade it got. I'm just saying, if you read the review, it doesn't seem like you're reading about an A- quality game. It's like if you read an extremely positive review, mentioning only a few caveats, but the game ends up with a C+ or some shit. I'd like to see some consistency is all.[/QUOTE]

your judgment on consistency is completely subjective still.
If you feel so strongly, sounds like you should send him a message with "why so low?"

bread's done
Back