Metal Gear Solid Essentials coming March 18th - $29.99

[quote name='cheapskate01']I doubt you will find it at any online stores so search in local ones. Walmart.com can check store inventory to see if they have it at local stores. Circuit city had the collection on sale for $25 weeks ago so try there also.[/quote]

$25 at Circuit City? is it still $25?? :hot:

[quote name='keefurxxcore']None. they don't take them.

But I found Sustinence for 23 bucks no Manuel today... :)[/quote]

Don't worry about it, it barely had a manual in the first place. I want to punch whoever made THAT decision.

[quote name='62t']try calling local stores like GS and BB. Should be $30[/quote]

oh ok, thanks. :mrgreen:
does anyone know where i can find it for $25? :roll:

Yeah, the $25 deal was for the week when MGS4 came out.

Also as a sidenote, if it hasn't been said already, CircuitCity stores will probably never be getting the MGS4 bundle. As I said, i work there and it's not even in our system and I've been told from a higher up that we just won't get them because of the quantities.

[quote name='Donnums']Yeah, the $25 deal was for the week when MGS4 came out.

Also as a sidenote, if it hasn't been said already, CircuitCity stores will probably never be getting the MGS4 bundle. As I said, i work there and it's not even in our system and I've been told from a higher up that we just won't get them because of the quantities.[/quote]

When was that? :hot::cry:

The week of June 8th through the 15th. Your best bet is just to get it for $30 wherever you can. Regardless of how you see it, it's WELL worth the $30.

Be advised though! You'll need a PS1 Memory card to save Metal Gear Solid one. Or if you have a PS3 you can make a PS1 memory card save on the hard drive.

[quote name='uchihabutter']How much?? :cry:[/quote]
$30. Just check your local Best Buy and Circuity City. I can't guarantee the ones near you will have it in but these are really the only stores in my area that still have the game. If you've never played MGS games before, $30 is a fantastic price.

[quote name='V878']$30. Just check your local Best Buy and Circuity City. I can't guarantee the ones near you will have it in but these are really the only stores in my area that still have the game. If you've never played MGS games before, $30 is a fantastic price.[/quote]

Good suggestion.

It would behoove some people to use Store Locators + Product Availability that is on Best Buy's site.

[quote name='stewie75']I have a BC PS3 do I need the memory card adapter to save games or will it save to the Hard Drive?[/quote] It'll save to the hard drive. When you put in a PS1 or PS2 game for the first time, it'll ask you to create a virtual PS1/PS2 memory card right on the hard drive where all your game saves will be stores.

[quote name='keefurxxcore']None. they don't take them.[/quote]
Either you're making that up or it's YMMV. I've definitely seen these individually at GS used.

From what I've heard, they do take them, and accept them at their full individual trade in value. I've also seen them on sale.

The only game they won't take is the original Metal Gear Solid, as it is a PSOne game. Again, this is what I've been told by a nice manager at Gamestop that seemed knowledgable. According to the website, there are no B&M locations that carry "Metal Gear Solid" for PS2, nor si it available online.

check your local sears also, all the stores around the Bay Area(san francisco area) are sold out, but most of the sears locally has it in stock.

Has anyone tried playing MGS1 on PS3 and get to Psycho Mantis part? I was wondering how I would "unplug" the PS3 controller to make this work.

[quote name='paean']Has anyone tried playing MGS1 on PS3 and get to Psycho Mantis part? I was wondering how I would "unplug" the PS3 controller to make this work.[/quote]

I would assume you would just have to hit the PS button and reassign the controller.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I would assume you would just have to hit the PS button and reassign the controller.[/quote]

That is what you do, although I can't imagine it's nearly as cool as the oldschool method.

[quote name='Vegan']That is what you do, although I can't imagine it's nearly as cool as the oldschool method.[/quote]

if you think unplugging, then plugging in controllers into a different port is cool, then no, it isn't nearly as cool.

[quote name='ninja dog']if you think unplugging, then plugging in controllers into a different port is cool, then no, it isn't nearly as cool.[/quote]

I do. It's awesome due to its creativeness.

[quote name='ninja dog']if you think unplugging, then plugging in controllers into a different port is cool, then no, it isn't nearly as cool.[/quote]

Whoa...where did that come from? That was a classic moment in gaming.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Whoa...where did that come from? That was a classic moment in gaming.[/quote]

I was just saying if you already know what to do on the part, it's not all that much more exciting to play it on the PS1 vs. the PS3. It's gonna be alright.

I don't remember the controller unplugging. I remember
the dual shock and when he checks the memory card and recognizes other konami game saves

[quote name='cranguy']Either you're making that up or it's YMMV. I've definitely seen these individually at GS used.[/quote]

They wouldn't take mine...

[quote name='Donnums']The week of June 8th through the 15th. Your best bet is just to get it for $30 wherever you can. Regardless of how you see it, it's WELL worth the $30.

Be advised though! You'll need a PS1 Memory card to save Metal Gear Solid one. Or if you have a PS3 you can make a PS1 memory card save on the hard drive.[/quote]

Will the games work in a PS3?

[quote name='V878']$30. Just check your local Best Buy and Circuity City. I can't guarantee the ones near you will have it in but these are really the only stores in my area that still have the game. If you've never played MGS games before, $30 is a fantastic price.[/quote]

Thanks. I will check it..
well.. I have only a PS1 but I do plan to get a PS3 sometime this year, and i'm hope ps3 can play the game so I can play it with the ps3 :cry:

[quote name='ejw1224']check your local sears also, all the stores around the Bay Area(san francisco area) are sold out, but most of the sears locally has it in stock.[/quote]

Thank you!
I will ask my parents to go to sears to check it out. thats what I thought, I went to the game stop in powel street, they dont have it T_T:cry:

[quote name='uchihabutter']Thanks. I will check it..
well.. I have only a PS1 but I do plan to get a PS3 sometime this year, and i'm hope ps3 can play the game so I can play it with the ps3 :cry:[/quote]

Im pretty sure the collection works on the 80gig. It played flawlessly on my 60gig. This collection is well worth as mgs1 by itself was selling more the $30 on ebay before this was released.

[quote name='uchihabutter']Thank you!
I will ask my parents to go to sears to check it out. thats what I thought, I went to the game stop in powel street, they dont have it T_T:cry:[/QUOTE]

last time i checked they still had it at hilltop and oakland, call before you go though just to make sure

[quote name='uchihabutter']What about PS3 MGS4 bundle? :hot:[/QUOTE]

My K-Mart has 3 or 4 of these.

Its funny, they seem to never sell anything from their game isle, yet they never put anything on clearance either, besides 2-year-old sports games.

[quote name='cheapskate01']Im pretty sure the collection works on the 80gig. It played flawlessly on my 60gig. This collection is well worth as mgs1 by itself was selling more the $30 on ebay before this was released.[/QUOTE]

Your 60GB PS3 has practically full hardware support for PS2 games (if you are in the US). The 80GB PS3 (all regions) only has software emulation with hardware assistance, so there are a few minor issues with the former MGS games. Research it online or google it for the issues.

So, after playing the first 3 MGS games, I think I might get the box for collectors purposes. 3 of my local Gamestops have it stock. Maybe it's the time to pick it up before it's too late. Maybe they didn't anticipate the demand after MGS4 came out.

[quote name='leesiulung']Your 60GB PS3 has practically full hardware support for PS2 games (if you are in the US). The 80GB PS3 (all regions) only has software emulation with hardware assistance, so there are a few minor issues with the former MGS games. Research it online or google it for the issues.[/quote]

Yup my 60gig has the emotion engine chip built right in. I wasn't aware of the 80gig having trouble playing any mgs games. I'm pretty sure it would be reported here and nothing came up on google. I did find this http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=339014 which of course reports no problems.

says on the sony compatibility list that all problems associated with playback on 80 GB has been resolved with firmware update

I cannot believe this is already rare. Who knew. I lucked out and Amazon finally shipped mine out (bought @ $24.99 btw) today. Now I wish I had bought 2-3.

[quote name='ejw1224']says on the sony compatibility list that all problems associated with playback on 80 GB has been resolved with firmware update[/quote]

That's good. MGS3 used to have framerate issues.

Already OOP? Konami should reprint another batch. It's just like printing money if they have business sense.

Maybe it's wise to buy one and keep it sealed. Who knows it might hit $$$ in a couple of years :lol:

bread's done
Back