Metal Gear Solid Essentials coming March 18th - $29.99

[quote name='Oktoberfest']yeah I think I might go out tomorrow and try to get as many of these as I can at the BB/CC/Target/GS/etc around my area ^^[/quote]

You're a real credit to society.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. This was an advertised special at CC a couple weeks ago for $25. Hopefully all the increased demand is from players new to the franchise with 4 who want to go back and see the earlier games.

-Bob

Everywhere I go that has games I always see two or three of these sitting around. I was waiting for a price drop but I might have to pick one up.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']yeah I think I might go out tomorrow and try to get as many of these as I can at the BB/CC/Target/GS/etc around my area ^^[/quote]

Ever since Ebay took away sellers ability to leave negative feedback there has been a lot of non paying buyers lately and this is probably one of them especially since he has no feedback. All the listings that are around $70 are from non registered users or people with zero feedback. Somethings fishy. I don't think these are as rare as you guys think they are. My gamestop has tons of them.

I see 3 or 4 of these every time I make my rounds. I bought 2, but I only paid $17 each at Meijer with the sale and their price mistake at 19.99. I was thinking about returning one, but I think I will hold onto it for a while.

I noticed for a long time the hitman boxed sets were selling for like $50 each. I think I saw them new at GS for $20 when I was looking for penny guides (since I do not shop at those types of stores).

[quote name='adelgary']It's back in stock on Amazon.com for $29.99 with free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Essential-Collection/dp/B001383L36/

I paid $23 for MGS1 only from that collection on ebay yesterday, since it's the only one I'm missing. Although if I knew it would be back in stock on amazon I might have waited and gotten the full set for a little more.[/quote]I hate to say this but LMFAO at the guy who paid $76 for it. WTF!

[quote name='slowdive21']I see 3 or 4 of these every time I make my rounds. I bought 2, but I only paid $17 each at Meijer with the sale and their price mistake at 19.99. I was thinking about returning one, but I think I will hold onto it for a while.

I noticed for a long time the hitman boxed sets were selling for like $50 each. I think I saw them new at GS for $20 when I was looking for penny guides (since I do not shop at those types of stores).[/quote]

Hitman Trilogy is part of that Gamerdays sale and its $19.99 at all the EB/GameStops

anyone check amazon lately? cause i placed my order earlier this afternoon (it was $29.99 like normal) and then I'm just scouting around amazon and i see that the price is now $39.99. anyone else seeing that or am i just crazy?

EDIT: just saw that its not being sold by amazon but by beach audio, but its the buy new option from amazon. does that mean that they are supported by amazon?

Is this worth picking up if I already have the original non-GH copies of all 3 games?

p.s.
My MGS:2 and MGS:3 are the non Substance/Subsistence versions if that makes a difference?

[quote name='ajh2298']Is this worth picking up if I already have the original non-GH copies of all 3 games?

p.s.
My MGS:2 and MGS:3 are the non Substance/Subsistence versions if that makes a difference?[/QUOTE]

The Subsistance version of MGS3 is a big improvement over the original. Depending on how much you like that game (I love it, possibly my favorite MGS) it could be worth the $30.

Despite owning it a couple times over now, I still haven't tried out the improvements in MGS2 so I can't really comment on them.

I'm sure that MGS4's closure of the story had something to do with the Essentials EBAY prices. Man, How much of a genius is Kojima to actually tie up almost all the loose ends in a super climactic sendoff? I re-played mgs1-3 and was amazed at how the story fit SOOO well together. He must have had MGS4 the back of his mind during MGS1 and that is quite an accomplishment for something that's more than a decade old. He also sprinkled in the 8-bit Gears and the PSP game and if you look at it at a whole The universe works. Kojima is the new George Lucas and Frank Herbert if you ask me. Hopefully he won't get full of himself like Lucas did and get content and then come back years later with a shitty phantom menace.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']does anyone thats played MGS2 find it disturbing that
Otacon's family has lots of incest involved
[/quote]

Its not incest if they're not related by blood, so its all good.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Its not incest if they're not related by blood, so its all good.
[/quote]
but its still kinda sick...

[quote name='ejw1224']last time i checked they still had it at hilltop and oakland, call before you go though just to make sure[/quote]

Thanks

Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid Integral? (the Japan import). I am reading that it has English voices and English subtitles. I am wondering if all the menus are in English as well. Is this game able to be played if you don't know any Japanese? I am also curious about the Pocketstation mini-game. What is the mini-game? I have a Pocketstation and am always looking for a game that uses it.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid Integral? (the Japan import). I am reading that it has English voices and English subtitles. I am wondering if all the menus are in English as well. Is this game able to be played if you don't know any Japanese? I am also curious about the Pocketstation mini-game. What is the mini-game? I have a Pocketstation and am always looking for a game that uses it.[/quote]

Integral was released in America on the PC. It's the same game, just with the VR missions added instead of sold separately.

Newegg also has them available for $27.99. I placed an order Friday night I believe, and they sold out within an hour. However, they are already back in stock.

Now that I look at it, they seem to be very available at the moment. Amazon, Buy, EB, Newegg, Walmart, Toysrus all seem to have them in stock online, so I don't believe it would be too difficult to find these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I passed on this at first but wound up getting one off Amazon just because. It'll stay sealed forever. It's hilarious that they still have to stick Meryl's codec frequency on the back of the packaging.

I remember playing the Japanese PSone release way before it came out in the US and being stuck on that part forever because I didn't know that Meryl had told me (in Japanese) to call her via codec at the listed frequency.

bread's done
Back