Metal

RomanCohort

CAGiversary!
I listen to metal when i not playing games. I like to listend to Van Halen and Scopions. So if you like to listen to metal let me know what bands you like.

I like a lot of the older metal bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, so forth. I only like a few of the newer groups like Mastodon and Dream Theater. Black Label Society is really good, too.

[quote name='RomanCohort']I listen to metal when i not playing games. I like to listend to Van Halen and Scopions. So if you like to listen to metal let me know what bands you like.[/QUOTE]

..did you just call Van Halen "metal"?

[quote name='Scorch']..did you just call Van Halen "metal"?[/QUOTE]

Yep they are one of the greatest ever,and has the greatest guitarest next to jimmy Hendrx.

I prefer early David Lee Roth Van Halen myself. I like a lot of band like Motorhead, High on Fire, Mastodon, Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Slayer, Sepultura...etc. There are so much. I cant remember all of them right now.

[quote name='Scorch']..did you just call Van Halen "metal"?[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of a classic Viva La Bam exchange:

Bam: I know that you think that Journey and bands like that are metal...

April: No, I'm past Journey already.

Bam: Slayer is, like, really heavy metal.

April: I love heavy metal! Are they as heavy as Def Leppard? They're my favorite!

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Reminds me of a classic Viva La Bam exchange:

April: I love heavy metal! Are they as heavy as Def Leppard? They're my favorite![/QUOTE]

:D

April: I love heavy metal! Are they as heavy as Def Leppard? They're my favorite![/QUOTE]

It wasnt too long ago a co-worker told me she thought Foreigner was Metal.

Also there was another time I had a new neighbor move in and I told him I listen to metal. He said "Oh yeah, are you into P.O.D.?"

Seriously, lots of people are not ever aware of Slayer and the like.

[quote name='Xevious']It wasnt too long ago a co-worker told me she thought Foreigner was Metal.

Also there was another time I had a new neighbor move in and I told him I listen to metal. He said "Oh yeah, are you into P.O.D.?"

Seriously, lots of people are not ever aware of Slayer and the like.[/QUOTE]

So true. But P.O.D. that's funny.

:rofl:

[quote name='RomanCohort']I listen to metal when i not playing games. I like to listend to Van Halen and Scopions. So if you like to listen to metal let me know what bands you like.[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to much music while playing unless it is a custom track I added to my Xbox. I have Enter Sandman instrumental on my Xbox . I mainly use it for ESPN NFL 2K5 when the teams are introduced. Virginia Tech does that in real life (being there live when they play that really gives me a rush) and that is why I put it on.

Metal isn't my first choice of music to listen too (jazz is) but there is some I do like.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't listen to much music while playing unless it is a custom track I added to my Xbox. I have Enter Sandman instrumental on my Xbox . I mainly use it for ESPN NFL 2K5 when the teams are introduced. Virginia Tech does that in real life (being there live when they play that really gives me a rush) and that is why I put it on.

Metal isn't my first choice of music to listen too (jazz is) but there is some I do like.[/QUOTE]

I wish Maryland did that because that would be awesome to hear it in the stadium like that.

[quote name='RomanCohort']Then why the hell are you posting on a metal Thread.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the part where I said there is some that I do like?

I just don't listen to as much as other people. But I am open minded to all music. I just gave Enter Sandman as an example of what I like.

I have some Metallica, Powderburn, Rob Zombie, and Biohazard on my PC and a few others.

BTW I see you just joined. Welcome to CAG.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Iron Maiden is great. I don't know when the hell people started thinking Van Halen was metal.[/QUOTE]

Most of us still don't consider Van Halen metal (myself, anyway). The OP, however, apparently does. And Iron Maiden is great.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Hey Van Halen are so good they can be whatever they want to be.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are good, I just wouldn't consider them metal.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Iron Maiden is great. I don't know when the hell people started thinking Van Halen was metal.[/QUOTE]

If Van Halen is not metal then what are they.:bs:

[quote name='RomanCohort']Yep they are one of the greatest ever,and has the greatest guitarest next to jimmy Hendrx.[/QUOTE]

yeah "jimmy hendrx" was a great "guitarest" :roll:

[quote name='RomanCohort']Then why the hell are you Threading on a metal forum.[/QUOTE]

whats with all the noobs around here that dont know shit and have attitudes?

I saw Van Halen at the Monsters of Rock concert years ago. The lineup was Kingdom Come (a Led Zep rip-off clone), Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions and finally Van Halen.

I consider Van Halen to be Hard Rock though

[quote name='2poor']yeah "jimmy hendrx" was a great "guitarest" :roll:

whats with all the noobs around here that dont know shit and have attitudes?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that I have been here for that long, but there have been a lot of noobs copping attitudes lately.

[quote name='RomanCohort']If Van Halen is not metal then what are they.:bs:[/QUOTE]

A hair band, everyone knows that. Soon you'll be calling Motley Crew and Poison heavy metal. :rofl:

I didnt call them heavy metal but i only like the metal bands from the late 70's and 80's and im sorry for having an attitude.:oops:

I just picked up a few Ghoul cds the other week; they have a singer whose voice is so low, he sounds like motherfucking Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget.

I'm not sure how to respond to the OP. Van Halen? :shock:

AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and Van Halen are at the top of my list. Ozzy, Sabbath, BLS, Metallica, and Megadeth up there as well. AC/DC and VH are hard rock i guess but whatever.

[quote name='BrenC888']AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and Van Halen are at the top of my list. Ozzy, Sabbath, BLS, Metallica, and Megadeth up there as well. AC/DC and VH are hard rock i guess but whatever.[/QUOTE]

All those you mentioned are great. They might not be considered metal (AC/DC and van Halen) but they are still good.

[quote name='RomanCohort']I didnt call them heavy metal but i only like the metal bands from the late 70's and 80's and im sorry for having an attitude.:oops:[/QUOTE]

Yeah you pretty much did. Now waddle on pack to gamefaqs, they miss you.

[quote name='1modernboy']I prefer Motorhead, Slayer, and maybe a little Venom now and again…[/QUOTE]

If, by "now and again" you mean "every waking moment," then YES.

myke.
...listening to Joy Division.

[quote name='mykevermin']If, by "now and again" you mean "every waking moment," then YES.

myke.
...listening to Joy Division.[/QUOTE]

You enjoy Venom and Joy Division, and you wish to purchase a kilt?
Truly, myke, you are a Renaissance man! :)

Probably, I'd have to say that probably Jesse McCartney is probably my favorite metal band, probably.

... probably.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']DragonForce is such an awe-inspiring band. I love them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to thread crap, but I looked for Grave_Addiction's latest post, being today, in this thread.

I sent this guy Grandia II 2 weeks ago, for an e-reader & cards, and no reply of any kind from him.

Posting here so someone will see this.

[quote name='Brak']Probably, I'd have to say that probably Jesse McCartney is probably my favorite metal band, probably.

... probably.[/QUOTE]

that guy is like more metal than slayer will ever be.

I have a cd of techno tracks called "Metalheadz"

Pissed off some of my friends expecting some of that gee-tar schlock when they put it in the stereo :twisted:

[quote name='twen']Sorry to thread crap, but I looked for Grave_Addiction's latest post, being today, in this thread.

I sent this guy Grandia II 2 weeks ago, for an e-reader & cards, and no reply of any kind from him.

Posting here so someone will see this.[/QUOTE]

Check your trade list, man.

bread's done
Back