Metro 2033 - $49.99 plus Avatar Gas Mask pre-order bonus

stonciddta

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Metro-2033-Xb..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265924418&sr=1-1

metro_gas_mask.jpg

Let the jokes begin...

Last edited by a moderator:
make that a bong gas mask and I'll take it :lol:

When I saw the sandwhich board for this outside GameStop I didn't know what to think, nor ever heard of this game. At first I thought it was like another STALKER game or something..what's the buzz?

jokes?
what jokes?

Gas Mask are fuckwin

This is now a Gasmask Appreciation Thread

gas-mask-shower-head.jpg

troops.gas.mask.jpg

gas-mask2.jpg

Gas_Mask_Respirator.jpg

Obigatory pyro

pyro_achievements.jpg

loli gasmask, i am ok with that.

gas-mask2.jpg

child-with-gas-mask-450x460.jpg

Metro is one of the few games I actually can't wait for (alongside FF13) since every other game is LOL WE'LL SHOW YOU PREVIEWS AND TRAILERS NOW BUT IT WONT BE RELEASED UNTIL TBA NEXT YEAR LOLOLOL

Yeah, I was pretty surprised about this game since it was shown and 'oh by the way comes out in a month'! Then I found out it was some of the same guys that did STALKER. Insta-buy for me but it's too bad the PC isn't getting something cool as well. :\

Havent heard much about this except what i read on Gamestop, sounds like a fallout 3 rip off. But the gas mask might make it worth getting, i think they are coming out with some more avatar clothes for the game after it comes out.

here is pic to go with the other gas masks

The%20Crazies.jpg

I've read a preview or two about this game and it sounds like it's not very good. Clunky controls and all. I was actually looking forward to this game too. Guess we'll need to wait and find out.

I'd be all over this if the avatar gasmask didn't look stupid. I hate industrial gasmasks, give me a WWII one anyday. I'd post some great pics but they're kinda beyond NSFW. :lol:

What happened to the ps3 version of this? I remember there being one a while back, so is this another timed exclusive? I need a gaming pc at this point.

[quote name='alivetilldawn']What happened to the ps3 version of this? I remember there being one a while back, so is this another timed exclusive? I need a gaming pc at this point.[/QUOTE]
Not a timed exclusive. The developer cited development costs as the main reason why this is sticking to the 360 & PC. There is no PS3-version planned in the future.

It is actually not a Fallout ripoff, but is based off the bestselling book of the same name from Russia. The game is actually being made in Russia as well, I think the book hasnt even been released in English yet.

yeah the whole "oh its post apocalyptic so its a fallout 3 ripoff" is getting so annoying, everybody did that with borderlands, and borderlands was nothing like fallout 3. now they're doing it with this one too, rage gets the same treatment.... as for Metro 2033 I'd compare it to something more like Bioshock in terms of gameplay, being an FPS. the story can't really be compared to anything as it seems really unique, it's post apocalyptic yeah, but the story has nothing to do with DC, saving the world, etc. It's just a survival horror game.

[quote name='Blankman']Not a timed exclusive. The developer cited development costs as the main reason why this is sticking to the 360 & PC. There is no PS3-version planned in the future.[/QUOTE]

Then I need to build a pc. It's gotten to the point where the pc version is so much better than the 360 version it's worth the investment. Oh well, would have been cheaper but it's becoming a necessity. This game looks so good.

[quote name='alivetilldawn']Then I need to build a pc. It's gotten to the point where the pc version is so much better than the 360 version it's worth the investment. Oh well, would have been cheaper but it's becoming a necessity. This game looks so good.[/QUOTE]Where's this detailed that the PC version is so much better than the 360 version?

[quote name='shrike4242']Where's this detailed that the PC version is so much better than the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

What recent game has been better on 360 than pc?

[quote name='shrike4242']Where's this detailed that the PC version is so much better than the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

It's that way with pretty much every game that is released on both platforms.

It's really just an unwritten rule that the PC will always be superior if you have the hardware to support it. Resolution size is just one of the obvious differences and higher resolution textures generally come as a result of this.

Funny how this post compliments graphics as being a superior game, while I got bashed on the Deadly Premonition post for just saying the graphics are PS2 quality.

It'll have nicer graphics! Can't say I'll lose much sleep going with the 360 version seeing as I don't have 800 bucks lying around to build a PC with.

Anyway I can't fucking wait for this game. The previews and trailers have gotten me real exicted. It'd be nice if Amazon would tack on a $10 gift card with a pre-order.

Gamestop supposedly is offering to take $10 off the price with a pre-order but I haven't gone to a store to yet to see what that's all about. You certainly can't get the discount by pre-ordering it off their site.

[quote name='stonciddta']Funny how this post compliments graphics as being a superior game, while I got bashed on the Deadly Premonition post for just saying the graphics are PS2 quality.[/QUOTE]

the difference being you were basing the game on its graphics while we're differentiating between versions of the same game.

[quote name='paz9x']the difference being you were basing the game on its graphics while we're differentiating between versions of the same game.[/QUOTE]

No, you were saying that the PC was superior because of the graphics, but you failed to mention all the dollars you have to sink into a PC constantly to continue to run games on a PC at those levels.

Also, I never said DP was going to suck bc of it graphics, I said the graphics just sucked and was on par with an average PS2. I have being playing game since Commodare 64 / Atari 2600 and own all 3 consoles from each launch and finish 6-8 games a month on average and two things that never matter with games...graphics and reviews (which is everyone else opinions on a game). Some of the worst games out there have been the most fun.

Ok I'm done ranting, but wanted to make the point dont say I said something when I didnt.

[quote name='stonciddta']No, you were saying that the PC was superior because of the graphics, but you failed to mention all the dollars you have to sink into a PC constantly to continue to run games on a PC at those levels.

Also, I never said DP was going to suck bc of it graphics, I said the graphics just sucked and was on par with an average PS2. I have being playing game since Commodare 64 / Atari 2600 and own all 3 consoles from each launch and finish 6-8 games a month on average and two things that never matter with games...graphics and reviews (which is everyone else opinions on a game). Some of the worst games out there have been the most fun.

Ok I'm done ranting, but wanted to make the point dont say I said something when I didnt.[/QUOTE]

Its really not that hard to keep your computer "up to date". Even on medium settings on newer games, it looks/runs smoother than a 360 game. Then again, I'm more of a techie so I prefer tinkering with PCs to my 360.

Either way this game looks pretty awesome. Ill def pick it up for pc once its released. Hoping steam has some deal on it to preorder soon.

[quote name='Mike UFC']If you preorder this game from Steam, you get Red Faction Guerilla as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/

The trailers I've seen make this game seem like the goods, although I thought the same when I saw the Aliens Vs. Predator trailers.

EDIT: At a $49.99 price point with Steam.[/QUOTE]

Well, no offense, but everyone should have known better concerning AvP based on the developer's last 2 360/PS3 games, namely Rogue Warrior (ouch!) and Shellshock 2 (double ouch!). That said, Metro 2033 is far from a sure thing, but it looks like the right kind of mix of Fallout 3 and STALKER for me. Anyone know how this preorder thing for GS works for online orders? Do they just charge $49.99 when it ships? Because right now it still shows $59.99...

[quote name='stonciddta']No, you were saying that the PC was superior because of the graphics, but you failed to mention all the dollars you have to sink into a PC constantly to continue to run games on a PC at those levels.

Ok I'm done ranting, but wanted to make the point dont say I said something when I didnt.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that whole post is irrelevant. We're not talking about console and pc differences as gaming systems, were talking about Metro. Secondly this isnt a contest to find the most awesome gamer.

This game looks great but ill be waiting on cag feedback before I purchase.

I saw the PC version of this game is $36 on NewEgg.. do they charge when shipped right? Might put in a pre-order just in case this is a temp price.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I saw the PC version of this game is $36 on NewEgg.. do they charge when shipped right? Might put in a pre-order just in case this is a temp price.[/QUOTE]

ah shit, i might have to bite.

Well, I'll believe it when I see the final product, but it is going to be PhysX, DX11, and 3D Vision optimized. Supposedly.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']This game is coming out next month? why I havent heard of it anywhere before...[/QUOTE]
Because you don't frequent videogame sites?

Anyways the game is looking better and better. If I were a PC guy I'd get it on that, because for an eastern european game this is starting to look very impressive on the PC. That being said I'm more worried about the story. Fallout 3, Borderlands, etc always seemed empty to me, the towns and cities were little more than quest givers. Here's to hoping that this game walks a different path.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']Because you don't frequent videogame sites?

Anyways the game is looking better and better. If I were a PC guy I'd get it on that, because for an eastern european game this is starting to look very impressive on the PC. That being said I'm more worried about the story. Fallout 3, Borderlands, etc always seemed empty to me, the towns and cities were little more than quest givers. Here's to hoping that this game walks a different path.[/QUOTE]
Those games weren't based on Russian novels (or books at all for that matter); Metro 2033 is. It's also a team of devs who worked on the original STALKER, which was also based on a novel called The Zone. Have faith, mate.

But the evil corporation Gamestop has it for $49.99 when you preorder it with the gas mask.

edit: disregard that it isn't a gas mask but a fucking awesome gun that will blow your face off instead of making you look like a women for wearing a gas mask.

I only see the gun as available with the 360 version on Gamestop's site, not for the PC. The only place I found it included on the PC version is the import/EU version that will be sold at game.co.uk.

[quote name='Jodou']Those games weren't based on Russian novels (or books at all for that matter); Metro 2033 is. It's also a team of devs who worked on the original STALKER, which was also based on a novel called The Zone. Have faith, mate.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know that, this is going to be very interesting. Between FFXIII, DAOA, and Metro, March is going to be a great month!

Did that price match just happen tonight? My order hasnt been updated yet, but I will check in the morning.

Can I edit the title of this thread to reflect the $49.99 price change? If so, someone tell me and I will make the change, unless a MOD has to do it.

[quote name='spelldemon']Gas mask... hmm. Does that mean this game is actually going to be a stinker?[/QUOTE]

Most likely, probably, there's a high chance that...

YES.

[quote name='stonciddta']Did that price match just happen tonight? My order hasnt been updated yet, but I will check in the morning.

Can I edit the title of this thread to reflect the $49.99 price change? If so, someone tell me and I will make the change, unless a MOD has to do it.[/QUOTE]

Go to your original post...press edit, then go to advance edit, and change the title from there.

[quote name='stonciddta']Did that price match just happen tonight? My order hasnt been updated yet, but I will check in the morning.

Can I edit the title of this thread to reflect the $49.99 price change? If so, someone tell me and I will make the change, unless a MOD has to do it.[/QUOTE]Yes, you can edit the thread title. You just need to go into the Advanced mode when editing your OP.

I've already taken care of the change in the title for you.

I'm going to pick this up through Amazon as well. I'm pre-ordering BF-BC2 also which gets you the $20 gift card for future Amazon purchases so I'll pick up Metro 2033 for about $30, :D. I'm excited.

[quote name='Fletch69z']I'm going to pick this up through Amazon as well. I'm pre-ordering BF-BC2 also which gets you the $20 gift card for future Amazon purchases so I'll pick up Metro 2033 for about $30, :D. I'm excited.[/QUOTE]

I got the same plan, assuming the price stays at the current $49.99, but as long as Gamestop doesn't change, Amazon will continue the price match hopefully.

Not sure if mentioned but Amazon has Darksiders for the 360 at $39.99 and 10 dollars off Metro 2033.

bread's done
Back