Metro 2033 PC -- Pre-Order Available For $37 F/S!

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
3298-1.jpg

Newegg Listing

Please Note: This game requires a Steam installation to play, so be advised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite sure how steamworks, uh works... After I register it with steam, is it just like if I purchased it from them? Can I redownload it again if I want from steam?

[quote name='arrrggghhh']I'm not quite sure how steamworks, uh works... After I register it with steam, is it just like if I purchased it from them? Can I redownload it again if I want from steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I have a bad feeling about this game X_X[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Unknown developer, fps, ...eh. Since it's THQ, I'm sure it'll be $29.99 within six months and by then I'll have reviews to ...er... review.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Ditto. Unknown developer, fps, ...eh. Since it's THQ, I'm sure it'll be $29.99 within six months and by then I'll have reviews to ...er... review.[/QUOTE]

To me, it seems like a watered down version of Dead Space based in a post-apocalyptic setting.

If the gameplay and story can deliver, we might have ourselves a winner!

..but again, I don't foresee this game getting any higher than 8.

Just my opinion anyway.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I have a bad feeling about this game X_X[/QUOTE]

Have you played Stalker? Did you like it? Members of Metro 2033's dev team were a part of Stalkers development team. It'll be a bit similar to it. Maybe more hardcore in a way. Its gotten positive previews and it looks pretty fantastic. Of course wait for reviews if you are concerned about the quality.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Ditto. Unknown developer, fps, ...eh. Since it's THQ, I'm sure it'll be $29.99 within six months and by then I'll have reviews to ...er... review.[/QUOTE]
4A Games is comprised of some former devs that did STALKER, so they're not complete unknowns. For me, it means insta-buy.

[quote name='Jodou']4A Games is comprised of some former devs that did STALKER, so they're not complete unknowns. For me, it means insta-buy.[/QUOTE]
Insta-buy? Just because several guys from STALKER? Way to throw away hard earned money.
For a game that reveals little information other than some gameplay montage and boasted novel origin, with imminent release next month? I'd say it's more like a quick cash in.
FPS? check
Post-apocalyptic setting? check
Mutated monsters? check
Dark confined space? check
Masked face? check
This game can't be more generic in my opinion.

I have a feeling this game will be another Rogue Warrior or AVP, meh.

[quote name='hbk']Insta-buy? Just because several guys from STALKER? Way to throw away hard earned money.
For a game that reveals little information other than some gameplay montage and boasted novel origin, with imminent release next month? I'd say it's more like a quick cash in.
FPS? check
Mutated monsters? check
Masked face? check

I have a feeling this game will be another Rogue Warrior or AVP, meh.[/QUOTE]

Saying that it could be in the same league as Rogue Warrior is saying A LOT. That game was absolutely terrible. I definitely have higher hopes for this game than I ever did with RW.

Previews and videos look interesting but I have way too many games to play atm. I will probably pick this up the first time Steam puts it on sale.

I was already sold on this game, and I was waiting to see if it'd go on sale. I was expecting some deal from Steam, but getting it from Newegg is just as good (and the sale is a lot better for me than getting RF:G for free). Thanks OP!

[quote name='hbk']Insta-buy? Just because several guys from STALKER? Way to throw away hard earned money.
FPS? check
Mutated monsters? check
Masked face? check

Rogue Warrior and AVP share the same developer but are not in the same league. AVP got mixed reviews while almost all reviews for Rogue Warrior were bad.

FPS? check
Mutated monsters? check
Masked face? check

Ummm, have you played AVP? and I dont mean the demo.

bread's done
Back