Metro 2033 Xbox 360 $19.96 @ Walmart free shipping

[quote name='bruceg']Why did it hold it's value for this long anyways? (press reviews seem good but not great) I hope it's not one of those games that doesn't drop further, goes out of production, and subsequently shoots way up in price (in which case I better buy now)[/QUOTE]
Why is Wolverine still so damn expensive? I found it at Target for $40 bucks.

[quote name='bruceg']Why did it hold it's value for this long anyways? (press reviews seem good but not great) I hope it's not one of those games that doesn't drop further, goes out of production, and subsequently shoots way up in price (in which case I better buy now)[/QUOTE]

I could see it being one of those games - it's never been "too" easy to find (you would see a copy here or there), and it does seem to have a following.

Im interested in giving the the game another shot, because I REALLY enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, and the voice work, while not award-winning, was good enough. First time I tried playing it, the thing that really irked me was the gunplay. Ive read the argument that you arent a soldier in the same, youre Joe Nobody, and you are not a master of holding and using a gun. Thats fine, but even taking that into account if thats what the developer intended, the gunplay still felt very off.

I bought this via walmart.com yesterday at lunch, and it's on a FedEx vehicle for delivery today. NY to Alabama in less than 24 hours - not bad for free shipping.

I decided to just pick it up from Walmart. This game doesn't seem to be widely available, so I don't want to get caught in a situation where it sees its value suddenly skyrocketing because of rarity.

Got it. Walmart has been buying huge stocks of rare games lately and selling them for a low price. First Afrika, now this one. These games will never hit a lower price, because they will go out of print! They don't sell enough to justify further pressings. I don't know how WalMart got so many copies of Metro and Afrika, but bless them. Once this offer is over, the price of the game will be back up to $40 or more.

I should have gave credit to the CAG email price alert function on this site. When I got the email of the Metro 2033 price drop below my alert level I thought this deal would have been posted for sure. That email alert is super fast.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I should have gave credit to the CAG email price alert function on this site. When I got the email of the Metro 2033 price drop below my alert level I thought this deal would have been posted for sure. That email alert is super fast.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Fine have it your way. CAG email price alert function you're my fucking hero!! :lol:

That's how I got Silent Hill: Shattered Memories awhile back, I keep forgetting to update the games in it though. I spend too much time on the mobile version of the site.

Ordered. Been wanting this for a while, and I already have three games on the way to me so I don't mind waiting a bit for this one to arrive.

I just got my copy today (1 day free shipping... nice!) and it looks to be the Canadian version...? It has French and English on it. Anyone else get this version? It's NTSC, so I assume it'll work fine, but strange nonetheless.

Exclusif Xbox 360 et Windows!

[quote name='Quadriflax']I just got my copy today (1 day free shipping... nice!) and it looks to be the Canadian version...? It has French and English on it. Anyone else get this version? It's NTSC, so I assume it'll work fine, but strange nonetheless.

Exclusif Xbox 360 et Windows![/QUOTE]

Ditto here. Two booklets, going to learn some Francais.

Can anyone confirm that there is a specific English-only USA release. After all, it's become more common for companies to put out a general North American release that covers English and French.

[quote name='rapsodist']Can anyone confirm that there is a specific English-only USA release. After all, it's become more common for companies to put out a general North American release that covers English and French.[/QUOTE]

I just confirmed it at Toys R Us. Also, there are a ton of copies that have sold on Ebay in the last two weeks that have no French on the cover. As such, my copy is going back to Walmart. I should be able to PM at Fry's and get a US version copy.

[quote name='bojay1997']I just confirmed it at Toys R Us. Also, there are a ton of copies that have sold on Ebay in the last two weeks that have no French on the cover. As such, my copy is going back to Walmart. I should be able to PM at Fry's and get a US version copy.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if Fry's PM that.

I wonder if you can swap the copy out in store..give them the 'ol "this disc just won't read, I don't want another game, but another copy of this game would be great." return fraud? pffft, more like switch and bait on the initial Internet sale at Walmart.com. Last time I checked, Arkansas was in the USA..

I'm going to exchange the copy in-store for the retail USA release if they have it. If it's an import version, it should be listed as such on the website.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I don't get the big deal that it is a Canadian version. Plays fine right? Then why the fuss?[/QUOTE]

Cause it's CANADIAN! Won't have that in my house. :roll:

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I don't get the big deal that it is a Canadian version. Plays fine right? Then why the fuss?[/QUOTE]

Generally can't trade it in because of a different UPC and most buyers on Ebay won't buy Canadian or will only do so at a reduced price. For $10 I would have been fine with it, but $20 is too much for something with limited value down the road.

Has anyone actually seen this in-store at Walmart? The website says it's not in stores and I don't recall seeing it there last time.

[quote name='bojay1997']Generally can't trade it in because of a different UPC and most buyers on Ebay won't buy Canadian or will only do so at a reduced price. For $10 I would have been fine with it, but $20 is too much for something with limited value down the road.

Has anyone actually seen this in-store at Walmart? The website says it's not in stores and I don't recall seeing it there last time.[/QUOTE]

They don't match their website on price in some cases. I think someone already said this was true of this product.

[quote name='Xerxes']They don't match their website on price in some cases. I think someone already said this was true of this product.[/QUOTE]

No, I know they generally don't PM their website. I was just commenting that I don't even think Walmart sells this in their stores, so I think the only two options are a PM at Fry's and maybe Best Buy if you can actually find a location that still stocks it.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, I know they generally don't PM their website. I was just commenting that I don't even think Walmart sells this in their stores, so I think the only two options are a PM at Fry's and maybe Best Buy if you can actually find a location that still stocks it.[/QUOTE]

Did you get Frys to go for it?

[quote name='Blackout']I wish Amazon would price match this already![/QUOTE]

Do y'all think Amazon hasn't matched this because they have some type of policy with their sellers where they won't price match a competitor until they run out of stock?

It's Your Turn has been sitting on those damn 6 copies for the past day or two.

Got my copy, definitely French or Canadian version, I checked 2 stores and didn't see the game in the racks. Oh well, I guess this will be a unique addition to my collection, as long as it runs fine, is in english, and achievements work fine, I'm cool with it..

Looking very forward to starting it tonight! :)

Can't you call Walmart's customer service to the online store for them to send a new copy or have they denied someone?

[quote name='joker______']Can't you call Walmart's customer service to the online store for them to send a new copy or have they denied someone?[/QUOTE]

yeah joker, I guess thats possible, but the whole ordeal is fishy. I don't think anyone has confirmed anything in store yet. Its like these copies must have just shown up at a DC and they posted them online to sell quick. I'd hate to call, explain the whole thing and them ship the same French version! It's really not so bad, I mean half of the Wii titles I get look like this, English and sometimes even 2 other languages!

[quote name='token2k6']yeah joker, I guess thats possible, but the whole ordeal is fishy. I don't think anyone has confirmed anything in store yet. Its like these copies must have just shown up at a DC and they posted them online to sell quick. I'd hate to call, explain the whole thing and them ship the same French version! It's really not so bad, I mean half of the Wii titles I get look like this, English and sometimes even 2 other languages![/QUOTE]

Well that's true but ill try calling if mine comes in as a different version but wont know till next week since I ordered mine yesterday

There should be no problem returning an unopened copy of the french version to the store, right?

[quote name='tyrok3k']There should be no problem returning an unopened copy of the french version to the store, right?[/QUOTE]

As long as you've got the receipt, you should be fine.

[quote name='tyrok3k']There should be no problem returning an unopened copy of the french version to the store, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I returned mine yesterday. No problem at all. Credited right back to my card.

[quote name='bojay1997']I just confirmed it at Toys R Us. Also, there are a ton of copies that have sold on Ebay in the last two weeks that have no French on the cover. As such, my copy is going back to Walmart. I should be able to PM at Fry's and get a US version copy.[/QUOTE]

Good advice. I price matched today at Fry's as it is the only store in my area where the game is still available (though my local Fry's only had a limited number of copies). I printed out the online listing and asked the associate to pm as Walmart is a local competitor (he checked the online site to verify that it is still available). I had no problems at all (the USA version says made in Mexico)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bruceg']Good advice. I price matched today at Fry's as it is the only store in my area where the game is still available (though my local Fry's only had a limited number of copies). I printed out the online listing and asked the associate to pm as Walmart is a local competitor (he checked the online site to verify that it is still available). I had no problems at all (the USA version says made in Mexico)[/QUOTE]

Frys price matches online prices now?
Damn if this true i may go do this Sunday and return mine when it comes in

I don't know what the officlal policy is regarding online price matching. My local Fry's was willing to do it in this particular case (so may be ymmv). You may want to call your store to confirm (I asked if they matched the local competitor's online site as well)

It's probably because it looks like it's for the store. I might try this sunday. Hopefully your local frys isn't mines. :p

[quote name='kevgret']If only the game had better aiming and collession detection. I stopped playing it because of it. Plus the enemies have this uncanny abiity to hit you from 5 miles away... kinda cheap.

The atmosphere is amazing but the shooting is below average and ultimately does the game in.

I would have loved to see the game through to the end.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Agree on all points. In the same boat.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']So is the game itself fine aside from some french language stuff on the paper portions of the product??[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's great, and as far as I can tell the aiming is pretty spot on, maybe even realistic. ie you can't snipe at a distance with a pistol unlike in modern warfare. So I don't know whether they patched it from when everyone had a problem or not but I'm enjoying it so far.

Edit: One of my favorite weapons is pneumatic, it's like a 50 cal. bb gun. It's pretty much silent too. I've been using it for stealth kills, mostly headshots, and it's been working well so far. I still can't understand why so many people are complaining about it. I'm a little past anomaly and so far I haven't had any issues, in fact I'm liking pretty much everything in it, the atmosphere, the interaction, charging the flashlight, pumping up the pneumatic rifle. I'd like to see a sequel or another game like it by them.

I'm really considering biting on this. I just bought Singularity but I could use another good single player FPS with a good storyline.

bread's done
Back