Metro 2033 Xbox 360 $19.96 @ Walmart free shipping

So Amazon never matched huh? Hmmm.. what exactly are the differences between the Canadian/French version and the version sold in the US?

best shooter ive played in a while(and i played it when it came out).

and it didnt sell well, so its prolly gonna be one of the few 360 games that is worth money years from now.

[quote name='JohnDoe8865']So Amazon never matched huh? Hmmm.. what exactly are the differences between the Canadian/French version and the version sold in the US?[/QUOTE]

The only difference is that the box art has French on it and it comes with two manuals. The game is the exact same thing as the US version and will work on US systems. Normally, this would bug me, but I've wanted this game for a while.

I got this game for $17 from one of the recent Hastings sales and it's probably the best shooter I've played since Borderlands. Extremely atmospheric and challenging, great story so far with varied enemies and fun gameplay. I'm always glad when I can wait for a price drop, but it's probably worth $50 imo.

I would personally wait for another drop, buy used, or this w/ a GC or coupon deal. I had a terrible time with this game and the gun balance is a ways off. It just flat out wasn't fun which is a shame because the storyline and atmosphere was intriguing enough to push through in hopes of finding better weapons and ammo. In the end I just couldn't do it.

Still not having any issues with gameplay/gunplay. I'm a little past armory station I think it was and if anything I'm finding it a bit easy. Although I'm playing stealthily, when I do use the ak47 it works like a charm when fired in bursts. I have has some intense moments where I'm shooting all over the place but I can't blame that on the game at all. I did turn the sensitivity down a bit, about 5 or 6 notches on each of them.

I haven't played a game with this much immersion in a while, night vision, gasmask, flashlight, charger. I don't regret buying this one bit, hell I have that "like it so much I want to buy another for no reason" feeling that I usually only have when I see a game I like hit $10.

I am one that has discussed the issues that I had with the gunplay, but I'd like to take another stab at it. I have Amazon credit, and Best Buy giftcards, will have to hold off until someone drops. Crazy to me that this game has held this kind of value this long.

the gunplay is supposed to be bad.

youre in a post apocalyptic underground metro system using make shift guns. not to mention youre using "real ammo" as money instead of as ammo(kinda dumb to waste it in your gun).

think about it.

I did a Bing search for :360:Metro 2033, and found that Meijer (online exclusive) also has it for $19.99. You get free standard shipping ONLY if you use a Meijer gift card.

But still, WhyTF hasn't Amazon price matched this? I don't know about you guys but I've submitted a damn price match at least once a day since this thread started.

If you're interested in this game, you should probably pick it up now. Wasn't the sequel announced just this summer? The game's already hard enough to find now, it's going to be impossible when the attention for it as at fever pitch, and I understand the book is going to be reprinted in a few months.

I bit on this last night after waiting forever for Amazon to price match. This is the right price point for me and I didn't want to wait til all the stock was gone.

[quote name='KornKid91']Amazon Has price matched[/QUOTE]

:whee: One of the first things I did this morning was submit my daily price match, this is fucking great :D Bought.

[quote name='geohouse']Best Buy price matched it. :D[/QUOTE]

I went to Best Buy as well and got it pricematched since I wasted all my Amazon credit on getting Majin and Knights in the Nightmare, hoping Metro 2033 would be pricematched there.

I have a $25 Walmart Gift Card... I'm still undecided.

I don't know if I should pick the game or a new set of drapes for my gaming room...

When I do a search for it on Amazon it comes out to 19.96 But when I click on it to buy it its regular price... -_- is it dead already?

[quote name='Chango']When I do a search for it on Amazon it comes out to 19.96 But when I click on it to buy it its regular price... -_- is it dead already?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they realized it was in the b1g1h deal and pulled it?

I just looked at my history and it's "shipping soon" item link leads to $49.99 copy. Got in just in time! :cool:

In case it wasn't clear - dead on Amazon.com. Crazy...they only did it for a few hours. Maybe this game will be kinda rare...

Ordered on Dec 22nd and still have not recieved my order yet though Walmart. Checking usps shows the last update as "Dec 28 2010 Entered USPS Facility - SCF" and hasn't budged. I've recieved stuff already though amazon and gamefly ordered later then this so I'm assuming the package has been lost/stolen at this point. Not sure what I'm going to do. The shipping window though Walmart was though today so I'll give this one addtional day then report.

Hopefully nobody else is having issues getting their packages.

just got my order in from amazon this morning. Looks like plain English to me because I don't see any French text on the front or back covers. Now to just make room for it on my backlog....

[quote name='boogie4114']just got my order in from amazon this morning. Looks like plain English to me because I don't see any French text on the front or back covers. Now to just make room for it on my backlog....[/QUOTE]

Good to know :D I am getting mine later today. I'm going to bump it up in priority to play.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I got the drapes...[/QUOTE]

Does your carpet match the drapes?

EDIT: UPS just dropped my 2 Amazon copies from the B1G1H deal. USA version, if anyone is interested the UPC is: 752919550854

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Amazon had matched this for more than like two hours. That's really lame.

I ordered mine on 12/22 and haven't heard a thing yet either ... Wasn't expecting to as expected delivery date is this Thusday (1/6). However, was at my local Wal Mart yesterday and they had a bunch of them in a bargain bin up front (with copies of Pure, Grid, Civ Revolution, Velvet Assassin and the like) for $19.96. Brought one over to customer service and they informed me I could return the site to store one once it arrives so I picked up one in store!! Great game ...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mdhegs']I ordered mine on 12/22 and haven't heard a thing yet either ... Wasn't expecting to as expected delivery date is this Thusday (1/6). However, was at my local Wal Mart yesterday and they had a bunch of them in a bargain bin up front (with copies of Pure, Grid, Civ Revolution, Velvet Assassin and the like). Brought one over to customer service and they informed me I could return the site to store one once it arrives so I picked up one in store!! Great game ...[/QUOTE]

Yup, using Walmart's My Account page it does say the order should be received "Tuesday, 12/28/2010 and Monday, 01/03/2011".

On Dec 28th the package hit my local USPS and has been sitting in the same status for six days. I'm going to give them two extra days and if there are no changes I'll have to do something. Sad too since I could have just ordered from Amazon and almost be sure there wouldn't have been any issues not that I think this is Walmart's problem.

Hope your game comes soon mdhegs make sure to let us know.

That sucks. Mine came next day, ordered 20th got it the 21st. Didn't open it till Xmas and finished it last night. It's definitely one of the gems in my collection now, right up there with Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for xbox.

Two days over the expected delivery window on my order eight days of no changes UPS side. The package has to be lost/stolen/missing/whatever.

Support reply from Walmart is to continue waiting two more days and to contact them back. Really REALLY wish I waited for Amazon to price match this deal I won't make this mistake again.

"Unfortunately, USPS package tracking information is limited to the destination of your local post office. Sometimes there are unforeseen delays with this method of shipment. Please allow an additional two days to be delivered. If this item has not arrived after this additional time please contact us."

:whistle2:(

Have you tried contacting your local USPS, where it is? Hell, I would have been there in person already. They probably have a secret room only a select few know about deep within the dank darkened confines below where they game it out on "missing" TVs, consoles and right about now they're finishing off the final achievements they have left on your copy of Metro 2033.

bread's done
Back