Metroid Limited Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL *SYSTEM* -- PRE ORDER

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
Limited Edition Metroid New 3DS XL. Will it actually be limited? IDK. Out Sept. 15.

SHOP

**(not live yet)

GAME?
"No game included. Sorry. Now give us more money."
-- Nintendo

hdskpohsm49c74gdakfb.jpg
new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metroid-samus-edition-31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, $25 min for in-store preorder.
Is there typically a limit to the number one person can pre-order? Per store? Per all of GameStop?
The store I ordered mine from said that they could only do 4 preorders and were told they wouldn't be getting any extras even if their preorders aren't filled.

Sorry I can't answer the rest of those questions.

So fucking tempting... But with 3 Zelda 3DS' I can't keep buying this shit.

I am SO glad I don't like the way it looks. Otherwise I was done with Nintendo & their terrible timing. I could have had this paid off instead of spending money elsewhere, since I lost my job of 6 years on Thursday, & wouldn't have any way to pay for this now. Whew, that was a close one Nintendo. I thought you were done for. I know you value my money more than the average consumer, so you're very lucky....

I am SO glad I don't like the way it looks. Otherwise I was done with Nintendo & their terrible timing. I could have had this paid off instead of spending money elsewhere, since I lost my job of 6 years on Thursday, & wouldn't have any way to pay for this now. Whew, that was a close one Nintendo. I thought you were done for. I know you value my money more than the average consumer, so you're very lucky....
Sorry about the job loss, that's rough. Hang in there.

Ditto. I see the story frequently enough to suggest that we help each other out on the employment front as well. I am in Ohio and I am a HR Manager. Let us know where you are located; what you are looking for and maybe someone in the CAG world can help. Employment is more important than video games and maybe someone can assist you with employment to allow you to continue our hobby.

Sorry about the job loss, that's rough. Hang in there.

Which is the better New 3DS?  The New 3DS XL or the standard New 3DS?  Or what about the New 2DS?  I already have the New 3DS Mario Land edition but would like to pick up another console eventually.  I've always heard people have this debate but would like to hear some opinions, thanks.

Ditto. I see the story frequently enough to suggest that we help each other out on the employment front as well. I am in Ohio and I am a HR Manager. Let us know where you are located; what you are looking for and maybe someone in the CAG world can help. Employment is more important than video games and maybe someone can assist you with employment to allow you to continue our hobby.
He's in the lonestar state, good dude!

Which is the better New 3DS? The New 3DS XL or the standard New 3DS? Or what about the New 2DS? I already have the New 3DS Mario Land edition but would like to pick up another console eventually. I've always heard people have this debate but would like to hear some opinions, thanks.
Bigger is always better when it comes to 3DS

Holy shit ps2emotions, learn to fucking multi-quote, will ya'?

Also, do we know for certain if Best Buy is actually going to carry this item at all. There isn't even a landing page for it at the time, and store employees are telling me that they don't see it at all, even on their internal system that's not accessible to the general public via the website.

I'm amazed to see people want this thing, looks tacky AF

I always wanted a 3DS with a picture of Metroid shooting his gun.

Bigger is always better when it comes to 3DS

My gut tells me: This will not be hard to come by, but will later be hard to come by.
Thanks for the tip Jake-McCall

It's only tacky if the inside is gold.

Metroids now pack heat? They were bad enough unarmed.

Not true, bigger screens with same resolution as the smaller screens results in screen door effect. I never liked the XL screens as well personally for this very reason.

Will be hard to come by from get go if you go by 90% of nintendo's prior limited edition 3ds's. Ones that fall in the 10% category would be the pokemon y and x limited editions.

I'm thinking of canceling my order, something tells me it's just gonna be plain black inside and I just got a new 2ds I could use this money for more games

How much of a hard time are they gonna give me for canceling if I do it tomorrow ?

I'm thinking of canceling my order, something tells me it's just gonna be plain black inside and I just got a new 2ds I could use this money for more games

How much of a hard time are they gonna give me for canceling if I do it tomorrow ?
Gamestop? - shouldn't be a problem. I've cancelled from them before.

On-line - shouldn't be a problem either. I've cancelled from Amazon and Walmart.

Hope for the best. I'm losing my job of 6+ years sometime this or next month. I'm in El Paso, but I probably wont be much longer after I find another job. Good luck!

Gamestop? - shouldn't be a problem. I've cancelled from them before.

On-line - shouldn't be a problem either. I've cancelled from Amazon and Walmart.
Gamestop instore I figure since i read it hurts their numbers and they don't want to cancel preorders I put 60$ down on it but I don't really need it lol I got too many consoles

Gamestop instore I figure since i read it hurts their numbers and they don't want to cancel preorders I put 60$ down on it but I don't really need it lol I got too many consoles
They're going to try to talk you out of cancelling most likely. Ultimately they will cancel for you.

If you want to make it easier ask them to sign you up for the x1x info. That is free and counts as a preorder for them.

Last year after the $99 Mario systems were released there was a period (Christmas) when it was almost impossible to find a 3ds. If that happens again this system could fetch a premium. Use extra money for gifts. I collect the systems so I am keeping mine and did not pre order an extra.

skiizim said:
He's in the lonestar state, good dude!
Thanks, homie. Yes, I'm in Texas
IT Systems Administrator was my official title, but all I have is experience, no certificates or degree. I was 1 class shy of Associate Degree a lifetime ago, but it was in Biology/General studies. I planned on continuing school, but had several medical problems from 2006-2010 which helped me default on my student loans. They were garnishing my wages at about 400$ a month. I won't have to pay that again until I have been employed at least 12 consecutive months, so that's good. I couldn't even find out what I still owed them last time I tried, sadly. I was with this employer for 6 years. I was the only tech person for this company's 2 locations, one in Texas, the other in Louisiana. We had about 60 total office/warehouse employees I had to keep running, like desktops, printers, active domain servers in each location, phones - VOIP lines & cells, a locally managed AS400 server until we implemented a new cloud based ERP system in 2015, but I got help with that & ended up keeping that person for some programming duties for that ERP system, and help when I needed it. We also had about 35 total sales reps that I managed remotely, usually, but that got much easier after the ERP swap. My duties also changed from IT to basically project manager & implementation & training to entire staff on the new system. I spent more than half of my time on creating reports & tools for all of our users in the new system, then was pretty much quality assurance from then on because no one could actually learn the new system because it was a bad choice for us, but the owner bought & paid for it before consulting, or even mentioning the new system to me or anyone else. We had to create entire portions for it to work for us (we had our own fleet of trucks as a distributor, basically, but this software was intended for an amazon like environment, & not for a company like us that had a warehouse, a process for picking & pulling orders & loading them on decent sized 630-ish cubic feet trucks to deliver products to our customers same day. We had to create all of that from scratch, or paid a third party to help, as this system was intended for mailing products out, but it was highly customizable. That's also what made it so hard for end users I think, because it was akin to each user in the company having access to the database. No amount of explaining to users the processes their duties entailed seemed to help with mistakes & common errors, and each one could mess the while thing up for everyone. I couldn't restrict permissions like I felt I needed to, because then they couldn't access something else they needed on that same record (like every user had permissions to edit anything on the customer record, but if I restricted their access to make sure the accounts payables rile couldn't go remove the financial holds for customer non payment that accounts receivable put on it, since that's a huge conflict of interest for many reasons, then AP could no longer run the report to grab all of the customers who had made payments that month. It was very unlike anything anyone had worked with before, especially our old system. That meant I studied up how to do everything as close to our old system as possible, to help users familiarize with it as quickly as possible, but seemed to never get out from answering questions 24/7, so we hired external IT for backup, phones, & just anything they could take care of so my focus was only on any top level IT issues. I love solving problems, & that's basically what I did after 2015 is just solve every single issue the company had that no one else could answer. I learned lots of accounting, imported our opening balances for the new ERP system, accounts payables, acct receivables, I ran year end financial info, purchasing from huge vendors, and just so many things I will most likely never use again (like rebates & contracts, which is a very niche department, but it brought in over 1 million dollars per year for that small company). Since I was on site at one of our locations every day, I usually still fixed most of the IT issues before the contractor would even call the users back, but it was only a portion of what I did for the last 3 years. I'm open to anything, but I love the tech world, so it would be nice to find something as similar as possible to what I did before. I am willing to learn anything, & I enjoy learning & problem solving. Sorry this was so long. Thanks to anyone taking the time to read it in hopes of getting a little info about me for a possible employment opportunity somewhere in Texas. It was a great idea to suggest CAG's try to help each other in that regard. Sometimes users would seem to grow distant over time so I wasn't sure there were many users still here like Skiizim & all of the old school guys that stand out because of their will to do right by anyone who shares the same hobby that they have (buying cheap games that you will never find the time to play). Thanks a ton. My email is [email protected].

nitrosmob said:
Hope for the best. I'm losing my job of 6+ years sometime this or next month. I'm in El Paso, but I probably wont be much
longer after I find another job. Good luck!
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, man. I'm actually in Tyler (100 miles East of Dallas). I'm about to start looking in a week or so, & I'd be happy to let you know if I see anything in your line of work if you want. twztid13@gmail. Shoot me an email with your email if you want me to. If not, no worries. I hope for the best for you, as well, man. Sucks being so set in a particular lifestyle, or just normalcy, then have it pulled out from under you & having to start all over again sucks. I'm a creature of habit, with anxiety disorder, so that's a large undertaking for me. The worst, though, is the in between stage where your income, among other things, is up in the air. It was easier when I had a job for like a year, then had to resituate. 6 years is enough time to get alot more comfortable in just everything, where you eat, who you are around, what you do everyday, when your free time is. The good thing is we will both get it worked out, I'm sure, so we're blessed in that regard. It could be worse... That's what they always tell me, anyways. Take care, man.

Sucks being so set in a particular lifestyle, or just normalcy, then have it pulled out from under you & having to start all over again sucks. I'm a creature of habit, with anxiety disorder, so that's a large undertaking for me.
Dang, this hits really close to home. Our IT department is going through organizational changes and I'm most likely going to be on the chopping block. Also have debilitating anxiety, the uncertainty is killing me. Good luck to the both of you in your future!

damn i need a job too. i used to work in the IT dept. ive been unemployed for 2 years. i went through about 6 staffing companies. they never call me back or even reply to me after the interviews. not sure whats going on. its tough.

trunks982 said:
damn i need a job too. i used to work in the IT dept. ive been unemployed for 2 years. i went through about 6 staffing companies. they never call me back or even reply to me after the interviews. not sure whats going on. its tough.
Wow, sorry to hear that. What state are you in? My worst fear is having to settle for a job in another field since I worked so hard & did really well at my last job (or as in your case, no job at all). I know experience outweighs almost everything else in IT field (even the certificates that I should have gotten but the tests were too expensive. I'll do it later, I said. That money will be much more difficult to come by now), but if I take something I don't enjoy for immediacy's sake, that experience deteriorates by the minute. I doubt I'd find a company that uses identical software & ERP system. Windows shouldn't change that much, but perception is reality, so the employers think you get rusty, or that your skills degrade quickly. While that can certainly be true, I feel that the competent workers in this field simply have the ability to understand how computer software works, at one time or another, and are quick at learning anything. Admittedly, the longer a person isn't actively using these systems daily, the more training that may be necessary, but they could learn a new OS if they needed to after not working on computers for a year, for example. There are some people that can't & won't ever "get" computers, & don't want to. That's fine, but all of us use computers in some form many times a day, even if not required by an employer, so that part of the brain is being stimulated, but not to the extent it would be by trying to solve complex problems in that field. Point being, employers don't always understand that, & there is the allure that another applicant who may not give them any reservations about this exists, so they will hold out for that longer than we could afford to wait. That's my fear, anyway, and your search being unfruitful for 2 years seems to reinforce that in my mind (wrongly, I hope).

I hate that I sort of hijacked this thread, & I apologize. I have some personal issues to tend to & don't have the time to create a separate thread where just the few of us that find this important can communicate, but I would like to. I will try to do so next week, just so I can update on my search, & share any opportunities I may find with others, and you all could do the same. Since I'm freshly looking, my results may differ somewhat, especially from those who have found replacement work & don't necessarily have the time, or find that the passion has weakened since you haven't found results in such a long time, at least I hope.

YaoZing said:
Dang, this hits really close to home. Our IT department is going through organizational changes and I'm most likely going to be on the chopping block. Also have debilitating anxiety, the uncertainty is killing me. Good luck to the both of you in your future!
Best of luck to you as well. I heard things internally, from managers, that made me have similar fears about every 6 months for the last 3 years of the owners daughter taking over (3rd generation of family run small business, which is when those are most likely to fail, for many reasons). This happened again in April, but I was going so far above & beyond my duty for so long, I dismissed it this time, frankly because I had so many deadlines & projects to worry about, so I didn't have time. Therefore, I didn't take the usual steps of backing up my company email so I could prove or disprove anything I may need to and precautions like that which I had always taken before, since I had seen all kinds of tactics used to get rid of folks, & no one ever knew how it was going to happen if they wanted you gone. I probably shouldn't even say this much, but I really wish it was as simple as, "if you don't want me working here for any reason whatsoever, tell me that, & let me go," but it never has been, not a single time over dozens & dozens of employees (all of which I set up their accounts & permissions, & remove & delete them, so I know them all) would get honesty on this issue, even in it's most basic, least informative form like I gave an example of. Most don't keep up with those outside of their department, so only the managers realize the extent, & that's IF they cared. The things used to get people to quit so they don't fire them, dishonesty involved in leading or allowing people to believe things are their fault that weren't, purposefully, are very saddening, & I hope I was able to make a difference in that regard, at least, for the sake of all of the great people that worked for far less than any competitor offered to help the company through hard times. My point there (before I go off on a tangent, as usual), was the one time I didn't prepare, it happened. I had been through that many times, so hopefully in your case it will pass, too, & give you the opportunity to look for something else before you get into a situation like mine. Only if it does pads, please take that fear serious enough to overcome any obstacles that will most certainly come into your thought to justify your procrastination, and look for something else. I didn't, even though I had many reasons & opportunity because of misplaced (apparently) loyalty, & I severely regret that decision.

I'm going to hojack this thread and try yo help some CAGers out with guidance. It was my cousin, he had just graduated from Uni in electrical engineering, unfortunately the economy was getting gutted, this was early 2006 and he couldn't find a job for 6-8 months after graduation. He was getting desperate to try anything, so at that time, I told him to try retail at the Home Depot, for a year, as I heard from another friend that they paid partial tuition if you wanna study, so he did that then, worked Home Depot in various departments and soon, he eas working in the lighting aisle where he knew more about electronics than the regular retail guy. After the year was up, he re-applied to electrical firms and still couldn't get a job, so he decided that he'll studybsomething part time at college to keep on top, so he took AutoCAD courses, construction courses and some extra machinery courses in electrical equiment for about a 1.5 years, so after 2.5 years at the Home Depot, he re-applied in some electeical companiesnwith his knowledge of electrical retail and some extra courses and found a job doing AutoCAD work to start, since that time he's moved on up to become an Electrical estimator. Moral of the story is don't give up and wait for a job to happen, if you got the money and time study part-time, worst case find a retail job like Home Depot and learn about products related to the field. It helped him unserstand more about electrical decvixes, lighting, etc. Just got to seek and grab a job by the horns.

I try for anything myself that sounds interesting. I mean the worse is that maybe you get an interview and you're not for them...big whoop..time to move on. I agree the keep pushing on is great advice. Careers aren't a steady line up anymore. They make swivels and waves and maybe big old parabolas along the way. The only thing consistent is you as a person and how you want to go. I'm honestly just waiting to be released and not very unhappy myself. It was meant to happen sooner than later, so at least that's something. I'm a system administrator/tech support/systems developer type of guy myself, but i'm looking at everything and would love to develop more often again. The skys the limit and I hope we all have good stories to tell at the end. 

Wow. I'm glad I went with an accounting degree. I quit my job of 5+ years in February over ethics issues. I've been steadily employed as there are always temporary/temp to hire jobs available. I took two temp to hires that ended up not working out due to nepotism at the first one and just plain being lied to by my agent about the second one (it was actually only temp but I was told otherwise...). I stopped taking temp positions after that and have been looking at only permanent roles since the beginning of the month. Just got my first permanent position offer yesterday but I may not take it as I have been interviewing twice daily all this week and might get a better offer next week. Apparently the talent pool in my profession has shrunk down to a puddle with even fewer qualified candidates such as myself (this is according to several talent agents I'm now working with) so we are now in a very high demand position as there are lots of jobs opening up thanks to rapid business recovery here in the valley. It may be dull as dirt but it sure pays well and as I had predicted when I was in high school, recession or otherwise, there will always be a need for accountants.

Does the 3dsxl feel better for longer periods of play time? I have the original 3ds and my hands cramp up after an hour or so of use. I don't understand why this happens since I have smaller hands, but I never have this problem with the Xbox one/360.

For the guys looking for work, if you have no injuries and live near a major city, you can work for yourself doing manual labor jobs using apps like taskrabbit, takl, or even delivery jobs like uber, doordash, grubhub,caviar and postmarks.

I'd only suggest doing deliveries on a very temporary basis but it's better than not working and it's just until you get a job in your field

Does the 3dsxl feel better for longer periods of play time? I have the original 3ds and my hands cramp up after an hour or so of use. I don't understand why this happens since I have smaller hands, but I never have this problem with the Xbox one/360.
yes! i had the same problem with my hands hurting. i upgraded my black friday 3ds straight up for a pristine "new" 3ds xl. that probably would have been good enough but i also added a comfort grip case.

yes! i had the same problem with my hands hurting. i upgraded my black friday 3ds straight up for a pristine "new" 3ds xl. that probably would have been good enough but i also added a comfort grip case.

Screenshoting this post so I can remember the grip case lol. Comfort alone is well worth the upgrade. Thanks for the info. I'm having the same cramping problem with the joycons too. I think I'm gonna have to get the regular controller since the Wii U controller was extremely comfortable.

I have no experience with the standard 3DS, but I was getting cramping from my new 3ds XL until I added a silicone comfort grip case. That did the trick.

It really depends on hand size, and how you specifically may or may not have issues. I have small hands as well, and the XL always caused me problems due to the size, weight, and shoulder buttons. My hands would hurt, and due to the size, it was next to impossible to play a game like MK for any extended period, as reaching the shoulder buttons with the larger size is almost impossible(talk about hand hurt).

I had 3+ XL models before upgrading to the standard smaller size unit, and I love it. I would only try another XL again, if it was like the 2DS XL, as that unit is pretty lite weight in regards to the regular XL, but without the 3D, it's a pass for me. But for those who don't care for 3D, it's a pretty impressive new unit.

So if the standard is causing your hands issues, there is no harm in trying the XL. Every GS that has a unit on display, has the XL. So while it might be hard to try long term, and it has extra weight since it's tethered to the display, it could give you at least a feeling of holding it in your hands and see how it feels.

I have no experience with the standard 3DS, but I was getting cramping from my new 3ds XL until I added a silicone comfort grip case. That did the trick.
I've had a 3DSXl since 2012 and immediately noticed the hand cramping (versus a DS lite). I investigated and picked up a Cyber grip...and haven't had one bit of hand cramping trouble since. When I upgraded to a N3DSXL, the new version of the Cyber grip was ordered at the same time. It hasn't left my system since it was installed.

Seriously, if you experience hand cramping, get a Cyber grip (the quality is top-notch and it does what it's supposed to).

I've had a 3DSXl since 2012 and immediately noticed the hand cramping (versus a DS lite). I investigated and picked up a Cyber grip...and haven't had one bit of hand cramping trouble since. When I upgraded to a N3DSXL, the new version of the Cyber grip was ordered at the same time. It hasn't left my system since it was installed.

Seriously, if you experience hand cramping, get a Cyber grip (the quality is top-notch and it does what it's supposed to).
I've tried a few different grips for 3DS but this one is by far the best. It's huge and incredibly comfortable. I went from only being able to play for about 30 minutes at a time to several hour sessions with no hand cramps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016XCSBC2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503252033&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=monster+hunter+grip+3ds&dpPl=1&dpID=61rl6gLGhTL&ref=plSrch

I think these can be found cheaper elsewhere but I ordered this for $35 a while back. I think I got mine at playasia iirc.

I am canceling my order; bought a TV for second bedroom instead and have to make cuts elsewhere. Sorry, Nintendo, but I'm sure you'll be fine. 

bread's done
Back