Metroid Limited Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL *SYSTEM* -- PRE ORDER

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
Limited Edition Metroid New 3DS XL. Will it actually be limited? IDK. Out Sept. 15.

SHOP

**(not live yet)

GAME?
"No game included. Sorry. Now give us more money."
-- Nintendo

hdskpohsm49c74gdakfb.jpg
new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metroid-samus-edition-31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im a fan of Metroid but if its a Metroid new 2DS XL, u know damn well i'll put down money on it.

I also wanna thank the person who changed the title.

im a fan of Metroid but if its a Metroid new 2DS XL, u know damn well i'll put down money on it.
I also wanna thank the person who changed the title.
I own a new 2ds xl it's sleek, light weight fits in pocket

But the placement of speakers and volume of them isn't great, plus seeing side by side comparisons the new 3ds xl is the superior product

I want this real bad, but my wife will probably kill me. I hope Gamestop or someone does a trade-in deal. I wouldn't mind paying like $80 for one with a trade-in on my current N3DS XL. 

Told myself I wouldn't buy another 3ds but this thing is beautiful. RIP wallet. Hopefully this means another 2d Metroid is on the way :)

Has anyone been able to preorder instore at GS today?
Yes, I did. 25 dollar minimum deposit. Each store has limited allotment.

The store I shop at told me they are only getting 3 systems.
My store got 4 allotted.

To anyone who's on the fence: Nintendo doesn't ever make a ton of the Special Edition systems, never any restocks. If you want one, I heavily suggest preordering them.

99% of the time, Gamestops that do not fill their preorder allotment, will not receive extras to fill their allotment. My store had 4 pikachu systems alloted in February, only 1 preorder, and then 1 showed up. My preorder. 5-10 people asked that day according to the manager.

I got my preorder in about 20 minutes ago. They said they were only getting a few so I would go preorder it today if you haven't already and don't want to deal with their terrible shipping.

Told myself I wouldn't buy another 3ds but this thing is beautiful. RIP wallet. Hopefully this means another 2d Metroid is on the way :)
Like the 2d metroid that is already on the way this September? Or another metroid on top of that metroid plus the 3d metroid we're getting except for a different system?

Not sure why people are excited for this, honestly isnt that fantastic looking and the 3ds is a dying console, save your 200 bucks and put it toward the switch.

Not sure why people are excited for this, honestly isnt that fantastic looking and the 3ds is a dying console, save your 200 bucks and put it toward the switch.
I understand your point of view. Alternatively, In my case, I have a small collection of some of the special edition new 3ds systems, and a huge fan of metroid and it becomes a lot easier to do this kind of collecting when preordering in-store at gamestop and I already have a switch. The 3DS will always be one of my favorite consoles.

A lot of dead husbands on Nintendo's hands!

I have a freakin' Metroid tattoo so I feel obligated to buy this. I probably will end up putting on my credit card and just be in the dog house for awhile. hahaha

I was interested in this, then I got a good look at the colors. I wonder if the inside is a different color as well to really tie this together. Even as much as I dislike the scheme if this was a 2ds I would have gotten one.

I put one on reserve at my local GameStop. Would like to get it at Best Buy or Amazon instead, and if I do, will cancel the GS reservation.

Like a few others here, I too have a collection of the limited edition 3DS / XL consoles, so I kinda' felt obligated to get this even though the colors are just butt-ugly awful. However, my gut tells me that much like the New 3DS-XL Pikachu Edition, this is NOT really worth the trouble or the approximate $220 (after sales tax) that many of us are paying to get it.

Only game I want to play is Xenoblade Chronicles. Other than that, I can play everything else on my Smash Brothers edition 3DS. I cannot justify a new system just to play one game on the go that I already own a physical copy of on the Wii. 

I bought a 2DS XL but never opened it, can I return it to a different (closer) Gamestop so I can preorder this instead? When I bought the 2Ds I got 3 games B2G1. Will I need to return the games too? I traded the games to another GS with the 50% coupon.

I put one on reserve at my local GameStop. Would like to get it at Best Buy or Amazon instead, and if I do, will cancel the GS reservation.

Like a few others here, I too have a collection of the limited edition 3DS / XL consoles, so I kinda' felt obligated to get this even though the colors are just butt-ugly awful. However, my gut tells me that much like the New 3DS-XL Pikachu Edition, this is NOT really worth the trouble or the approximate $220 (after sales tax) that many of us are paying to get it.
Glad to know im not alone. Thing is though, these SE's end up disappearing, but never super expensive. I mean you can get pre-owned refurbished Majoras Mask systems (Super Expensive for awhile) on Gamestop now for under 170.

This is the worst looking 3DS yet....couldn't they have just picked a red on black or yellow on black options?...unless you are going to a 3DS clown party Red and Yellow scream bad and amateur taste in all fronts.

Once more I'm glad Nintendo has such a bad color matching preferences on their limited editions consoles saving me from regretting my black edition.

Glad to know im not alone. Thing is though, these SE's end up disappearing, but never super expensive. I mean you can get pre-owned refurbished Majoras Mask systems (Super Expensive for awhile) on Gamestop now for under 170.
That's not really the same as finding them new, though. I won't buy a used console unless it's complete with box and all inserts and everything (including the box) is mint. This precludes me from any Gamestop refurbs, and many other used console sources. And items like this tend to draw a more collector focused crowd of people like me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

This is the worst looking 3DS yet....couldn't they have just picked a red on black or yellow on black options?...unless you are going to a 3DS clown party Red and Yellow scream bad and amateur taste in all fronts.

Once more I'm glad Nintendo has such a bad color matching preferences on their limited editions consoles saving me from regretting my black edition.
Yeah, I guess you could make this look halfway decent if you grab one of the replacement backplates from the Nintendo site. The red or black ones would match it I think, but that's not a great solution for a limited edition handheld which shouldn't look fugly in the first place lol

That's not really the same as finding them new, though. I won't buy a used console unless it's complete with box and all inserts and everything (including the box) is mint. This precludes me from any Gamestop refurbs, and many other used console sources. And items like this tend to draw a more collector focused crowd of people like me.

That's extremely fair. I am on the same boat, but I missed the Majoras Mask one, and I am willing to get a refurb in that one case if I need to, but the rest i've bought brand new and held on to the boxes, etc.

Come on, Best Buy! (Not holding my breath for Amazon, they don't seem to have the best relationship with Nintendo...)

Well, if you're okay with getting them USED, then ebay, Amazon, Craiglist, etc. is your best bet to get them at the cheapest prices. I've seen the Zelda MM LE console go for as low as $120, with charger/accessories!

^This. If your goal is to buy for collection purposes, it can be difficult to find one that's in ideal condition for collecting... especially after some time has passed since the release date. That's why we collector's pay the retail MSRP and try to get one at launch.

Come on, Best Buy! (Not holding my breath for Amazon, they don't seem to have the best relationship with Nintendo...)
Are we certain that Amazon hasn't gone live with this as of yet? The web page says they don't know if or when the item will be BACK in stock.

Yeah, I guess you could make this look halfway decent if you grab one of the replacement backplates from the Nintendo site. The red or black ones would match it I think, but that's not a great solution for a limited edition handheld which shouldn't look fugly in the first place lol
With the NEW 2DS Nintendo did such a great job deciding the right color placement and patterns on it......with this one they just plastered the red and yellow all over without any thought whatsoever...

What, you got something against clowns? Some of my best friends happen to be clowns.

I want this real bad, but my wife will probably kill me. I hope Gamestop or someone does a trade-in deal. I wouldn't mind paying like $80 for one with a trade-in on my current N3DS XL.
Buy it, play the shit out of it until Christmas, package it back up & gift wrap it as her Christmas present, win win.

It looks like a leftover Gamecube design with some Metroid art pasted on.  C+ for effort, N.  Can we get some attractive handhelds, please?

Holy shit ps2emotions, learn to fucking multi-quote, will ya'?

Also, do we know for certain if Best Buy is actually going to carry this item at all. There isn't even a landing page for it at the time, and store employees are telling me that they don't see it at all, even on their internal system that's not accessible to the general public via the website.

bread's done
Back