Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is freaking SWEET!!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I just started playing my copy I got for Christmas and damn this game is SWEET. Metroid Prime is probably my favorite game of all time (it's definitely my favorite game this gen) and I was really looking forward to MP2. It didn't quite receive the praise that MP1 got (I guess it's not as innovative) so I was a little worried MP2 would be a let down. So far it is shaping up to be a better game that the first one.... I just got the light beam... what do you think so far? no spoilers, please...

This game is so SWEET!!!!!

Hey, I just got the light beam too. I'm moving slowly. Took a break and got on here. I like it a lot so far! Good level of challenge. I did get pretty stuck a couple time because I didn't look around the right rock at the right time, but that's Metroid.

I can't believe that no one else thinks this game is freaking SWEET! I just got the Dark Suit... damn that boss was hard to figure out. I'm loving every second of it!

Metroid Prime 2 was sadly overshadowed by the hype for Halo 2 and GTA SA, but it IMO it was a great game. It may not have been incredibly innovative, but I think the first MP was, so this one was just building on that creativity. They didn't need to change much because the implementation of things like the morph ball was already brilliant.

I did think this one started a little slower than the first, the first had the intro mission on the spaceship, which I thought was great. I also enjoyed the final bosses in the first more. But overall MP2 is a solid game.

I certainly don't think Metroid Prime 2 is any less innovative than Halo 2 or San Andreas, which seemed to be scored on their own merits rather than how they compared with their prequels.

Agreed. I just got the dark BEAM (lol... damn dark suits and their spoilers). I've always foun the whole Metroid Prime way of delivering story awesome. You've gotta put effort into it... you peice the puzzle together.

MP2 is a great game, I have all the big four from the final quarter, the thing is, Halo 2 added numerous things to multiplayer and IMO Rockstar added TONS of things to SA to keep it good and fun. Just my opinion, but yeah.

I still haven't beaten MP1, the game has left me traumatized. On numerous ocassions I would play for 2-3 hours straight without finding a single save point, then I'd get killed by those pesky pirates...........

I enjoyed the first one. I've been looking at this for awhile, but I'll probably end up waiting for the first price drop. Glad to hear it's good, though.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I certainly don't think Metroid Prime 2 is any less innovative than Halo 2 or San Andreas, which seemed to be scored on their own merits rather than how they compared with their prequels.[/quote]

Exactly.

I'm waiting for a price driop ^^;

Otherwise I'm still playing the crap out of both MP and Metroid Fusion (still the only game I've beaten 6 times!).

I just beat MP2 with 100% this weekend. What an incredible game. Definitely my new favorite game on the GC, taking the crown from the original Metroid Prime.

The people at Retro are the most talented bunch of game developers in my opinion.

I'm dividing my time between Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2 right now and I couldn't be happier. Retro Studios has another masterpiece on their hands.

I recently just beat the first one (in novemeber before prime2's release)so this one is on my list of games in queue. I really did enjoy the first game a great deal and expect the same from the sequal. But I have other games that I want to play first before I get into another adventure with Samus.

I'm at the end with 82%. Just have to find time to complete it. Halo 2 and others are great, but MP2 is an obsession.

[quote name='MadChedar0']I'm dividing my time between Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2 right now and I couldn't be happier. Retro Studios has another masterpiece on their hands.[/quote]

How's Paper Mario 2? I've been eyeing this one - I think I'll pick it up in a trade or when the price drops a little...

I'm thinking about getting Paper Mario 2.

Did anyone else get the promo T-shirt with Prime 2? I didn't pre-order, but I got one when I bought it at GR.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='MadChedar0']I'm dividing my time between Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2 right now and I couldn't be happier. Retro Studios has another masterpiece on their hands.[/quote]

How's Paper Mario 2? I've been eyeing this one - I think I'll pick it up in a trade or when the price drops a little...[/quote]

EBgames.com has the $20 voucher going right now... that's the best deal I've seen. Javeryh, if you liked the first one you're going to get a kick out of PM2. I'm really enjoying it... I bet you (or anyone else) won't be disappointed.

Ah yes, I'll be playing some quality Prime 2 tonight... cant wait :cool:

Played some Echoes after keeping it in wraps for a month or so. It really is awesome and seeing it doesn't have to do so much with the first one (right?) I quite enjoyed it as long as I didn't miss out on anything too important or something. Multiplayer is cool too.

I beat Paper Mario 2 and it was a really good game. The dialogue was probably the wittiest/funniest I've seen in an RPG. The battle system was also cool. I liked how the crowd played an important role. Make sure you figure out how to do stylish moves (each attack has places where you can press A to be stylish. it gets you a lot more star points from the crowd).

Metroid Prime 2 is awesome. I got the light beam and the 2nd temple key so far. I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer though. It's too hectic and unbalanced (ex: invincibility power up).

[quote name='Battousai1002']I beat Paper Mario 2 and it was a really good game. The dialogue was probably the wittiest/funniest I've seen in an RPG. The battle system was also cool. I liked how the crowd played an important role. Make sure you figure out how to do stylish moves (each attack has places where you can press A to be stylish. it gets you a lot more star points from the crowd).
[/quote]
Yeah its a good game. I on the last chapter and decided to do the 100 level pit. I got about 10 floors from the end and DIED! Now I got to start over. Ahhhhhh! But I still enjoy the game. Next is Prime 2.

im just starting metroid 2 now. out of curiosity, are there any good guides out there on the internet for it? this really looks like one of those games, that will take me months if i just explore on my own. i looked at the gamefaqs guides, but they are all text based and somewhat confusing for a game like this.

i loved the first one . . . bought MP2 for $16.88 at Target with a 67% off raincheck . . . still haven't opened it . . . but I should soon

[quote name='schultzed']i loved the first one . . . bought MP2 for $16.88 at Target with a 67% off raincheck . . . still haven't opened it . . . but I should soon[/quote]

Wise man. I got one with a 54% raincheck. One of the best game purchases I've made this year. Worth it, and so pretty. I have one check left, and I'ma save that for RE4!

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='MadChedar0']I'm dividing my time between Paper Mario 2 and Prime 2 right now and I couldn't be happier. Retro Studios has another masterpiece on their hands.[/quote]

How's Paper Mario 2? I've been eyeing this one - I think I'll pick it up in a trade or when the price drops a little...[/quote]

javeryh,

I bought it with the intention of getting to it sometime later... It consumed my wife she sunk over 48 hours into it. There was even a period from end of Nov to end of December with holidays and a close relative dying that she stopped but, she just picked it up and finished it last night.

Its not the most intellectual game as far as vocabulary is concerned but it does have a joke thrown in here and there that some people wont get.
The game itself is sweet. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it is... Did you play Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga? I have it and it was good but this is much better than even that mario RPG.

OK, how the hell do I beat the Boost Ball Guardian. I'm getting my ass kicked pretty quick... I roll up and drop bombs to get him out of the puddle but his melee attack and boost ball attack kill me in 2 seconds...

OK, never mind - I beat him. I just got the darkbeam missle charge thing and the 5 seeker missles... I still need 2 of the 3 keys in the Dark Torvus Bog... I love this game!

I just beat the Boost Ball Guardian too. Took me 2 tries with 4 energy tanks. The only complaint I have of this game is the ammo. I tend to stay away from the dark and light beams because of it.

Heh, the Boost Guardian took me 6 tries with 4 energy tanks, I suck and stuff.

I beat MP2 at 91% last week, then got 100% and beat it again. Man, the final battles were awesome. :D

OK, more progress - I just got the Gravity Suit and I'm all amphibious and shit ... um, OK, my brain is fried... I'm still loving it....

I found the grapple beam (cool boss) and all the Dark Torvus Bog keys. Now I'm fighting some giant larva sperm thing and after 10 minutes of kicking its ass his mommy came out to play and kicked my ass. This is going to take a while...

THIS GAME RULES!

I booted my GCN to test out my new speakers, and the Echoes demo disc happened to be inside. I played it a bit, thought it was decent, but I just couldn't get into it.

The demo isn't really very representative of the game, I wasn't impressed with the demo either, but the actual game is awesome. I'm at that boost ball guardian right now. I think I like it even better than the first Metroid Prime. Nothing beats SuperMetroid though..

[quote name='javeryh']I found the grapple beam (cool boss) and all the Dark Torvus Bog keys. Now I'm fighting some giant larva sperm thing and after 10 minutes of kicking its ass his mommy came out to play and kicked my ass. This is going to take a while...

THIS GAME RULES![/quote]
I thought that was the larva turning into a butterfly rather than its mommy coming out. Anyways, shoot it a lot, it gets stunned, grapple around it, nail its four wings with super missiles. For the next form, use charged shots, but release it good timing.

butterfly's swingingness
|-------------------------|
____________*___
let go about....here...so that it hits the abdomen on the way back.

*edit* fixed the diagram.

i finally beat this game sunday night. it took me about 23 hours to get it done. i really enjoyed the game, though there's a certain part about the ending i didn't like.

am i the only one that thinks the first metroid prime was more difficult than the second?

Yay! I beat the larva and mommy combo (it's definitely two separate entities). I just got the Dark Visor - it's about time I got a new visor - and I took all the energy from the Dark Torvus Bog and returned it to the light temple in the Torvus Bog. I can't wait to see the next area. This game is sweet but so far there is no "wow" area like the Phendrana Drifts from the first game. I'm only 40-something percent complete though so there is still time!

DAMN THIS GAME IS SWEET!!!!

OK, I found some time over the weekend to play a little more. Damn this game is SWEET. I just beat the spiderball guardian and that was really fun. I love how the bosses use the ability you are going to receive. The boss battles are very creative - especially this one. It took me forever to find out where the third "world" was located - using the dark visor and missles spread to open that gate was a tough one to figure out...

Did I mention this game is SWEET?

Jesus Christ. This game is sweet. I am lost though. I have no idea where to go next and I just beat the Spiderball Guardian. *no spoilers please* I can't seem to get to anywhere new on the map. Oh well, that's what makes Metroid so fun.

Did I mention this game is freaking SWEET?

[quote name='javeryh']Jesus Christ. This game is sweet. I am lost though. I have no idea where to go next and I just beat the Spiderball Guardian. *no spoilers please* I can't seem to get to anywhere new on the map. Oh well, that's what makes Metroid so fun.

Did I mention this game is freaking SWEET?[/quote]

My teeth hurt from hearing about how sweet this game is!!

I will have to give it a try within the month of Feb.

I haven't been able to touch the game in a bit, but I just got the annihilator beam. Looks like I'm close to finishing? This game is pretty damn sweet.

bread's done
Back