Metroid Prime 3 - Do Mother Brains' Have PMS? - 9.5 From IGN!

I'm on Veteran, and I just died a lot on the Bryyo's either first or second boss... Not sure what's considered a "boss" in this game as much.

The Dark Version of Frozone. I mean, of the ICE GUY. No, Frozone describes him just about right.

Got my ass handed to me several times, mostly due to the fact that I didn't know how to stop a particular move which the boss begins to do at the very end of the battle. After I figured that bit out (for some reason I always overthink these things), the next battle was a harsh reality check for [spoler]FROZONE![/spoiler]

Perhaps this will be the first Metroid Prime game I'll actually beat...

That same move killed me too. There was also an issue of me not
yanking the armor hard enough
, but somehow on my second try I took him down in under a minute before he could even
take to the air.

[quote name='The Crotch']You mean the bit where he
spins around then tosses the giant icicle
? That can be a real bitch on Hyper mode. It'll take you from, "Hey, this guy's kinda tough" to "Huh. I'm... dead..." in one direct hit. My advice to both of you: abuse the fuck out of Hyper Mode, and abuse the fuck out of Corruption Mode.[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly the move I was speaking of... What's funny is that the one time I _did_ beat him, it was when he tried to do that very move as I happened to be in Hyper Mode. I blew the fuck out of the icicle, charged the beam (still in hypermode) picking up a large amounts of Phazon particles (and useless missles), and calmly proceeded to obliterating his ass until my meter ran out. The boss had less than a quarter of his life left, less than 30 seconds into the match...

He was dead within the next 30 seconds or so. However long it took me to wait for his dumb ass to stop
flying around like a little bitch
, jack his
stupid ass armor
, activate hypermode, and kill his ass.

Love the game.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Yes, that's exactly the move I was speaking of... What's funny is that the one time I _did_ beat him, it was when he tried to do that very move as I happened to be in Hyper Mode. I blew the fuck out of the icicle, charged the beam (still in hypermode) picking up a large amounts of Phazon particles (and useless missles), and calmly proceeded to obliterating his ass until my meter ran out. The boss had less than a quarter of his life left, less than 30 seconds into the match...

He was dead within the next 30 seconds or so. However long it took me to wait for his dumb ass to stop
flying around like a little bitch
, jack his
stupid ass armor
, activate hypermode, and kill his ass.

Love the game.[/quote]
I think a little after that is where I stopped playing. I went up against that dude probably 10 times (with not alot of Phazon) before beating him .... that was a tough battle.

Just got the
ship grapple beam
on Elysia. Really enjoying the game. Once, I forgot to scan a boss and replayed a 30 minute segment only to forget to scan the boss again. I do miss the organic cohesive world of MP1, but the controls are so smooth in this game. Though, the lock-on breaking gets annoying.

Anyone know the differences between the difficulties besides damage/health? Also, I have some friend vouchers I would like to trade. Need to get some bumper sticker/bobblehead action going.

Just got to
G. F. S. Valhalla

This game owns me. Owns me rotten. It's like they KNEW or something, what would make me be like "this is the best Metroid Prime ever."

Love it.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Man. I knew it was a bit harder than it seemed because of the big battle beforehand, but c'mon![/quote]

No, it was a hard battle. It takes you a while to figure out where to get Phazon / Energy bits that you can inject into the overdrive. I just lucked out on my 3rd or 4th try...

I'd say that was the hardest battle yet.
Ghor
- a much later, and seemingly much more difficult boss, managed to kill me only twice, and I kind of knew what was up immediately.

My favorite boss so far (again, beat him on the third try) is the
Golem inside the Leviathan seed on Bryyo
- glorious, 100%.

The way it goes, is that the game begins with "Half Life" vibe-ness, and then kind of metamophoses into the most proper effin' Metroid ever over the course of it all.
Valhalla
is about as perfect as a Metroid game can get - DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU HAVE GOT ABOUT 50% or so.

[quote name='Squall835']So what's with the "In Stores Now?" in the thread title? Are there shortages or something?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

We need our Nintendo Forum Guide to fix crap like this (no offense to the OP - just, in general, it is understandable that people move on from threads they create and the FG can help maintain them a bit afterwards). Of course, we don't have one yet ;).

Anyway, glad people are still enjoying this game. I got my 100% and moved on (too much else to play). I loved it, but not enough to play through again with a harder difficulty. I found "normal" to be quite enough (didn't die much at all but that kept the frustration down).

[quote name='MarioColbert']No, it was a hard battle. It takes you a while to figure out where to get Phazon / Energy bits that you can inject into the overdrive. I just lucked out on my 3rd or 4th try...

I'd say that was the hardest battle yet.
Ghor
- a much later, and seemingly much more difficult boss, managed to kill me only twice, and I kind of knew what was up immediately.[/quote]
Ghor?
Seriously? That was one of the easiest bosses in the game. What was hard was that Security Robot frog guy who would shoot those balls of slime at you and make fog. He got me down to about 15 health at one point on the highest difficulty level.

[quote name='MarioColbert'] My favorite boss so far (again, beat him on the third try) is the
Golem inside the Leviathan seed on Bryyo
- glorious, 100%.[/quote]That's widely regarded as the hardest boss, though I still think that the aforementioned frog was a lot harder. I vaguely recall Dmaul almost giving up the game because it took him something like ten tries to beat Mr. Ihavetoomanyconsonantsinmyname.

[quote name='MarioColbert'] The way it goes, is that the game begins with "Half Life" vibe-ness, and then kind of metamophoses into the most proper effin' Metroid ever over the course of it all.
Valhalla
is about as perfect as a Metroid game can get - DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU HAVE GOT ABOUT 50% or so.[/quote]Actually, a lot of people recommend you not go there until the end of the game, as that's the only time it's necessary. The fights that you start getting after you enter a certain room just become too much of a pain. [quote name='io']
We need our Nintendo Forum Guide to fix crap like this (no offense to the OP - just, in general, it is understandable that people move on from threads they create and the FG can help maintain them a bit afterwards). Of course, we don't have one yet ;).
[/quote]Just make sure it's not a DMK thread.

I played through until the very end on the hardest difficulty. Super Mario Galaxy came up, and I haven't been back since. So when I get some time I'm sure I'll go back. Might be a while before that happens though.

[quote name='The Crotch']
Ghor?
Seriously? That was one of the easiest bosses in the game. What was hard was that Security Robot frog guy who would shoot those balls of slime at you and make fog. He got me down to about 15 health at one point on the highest difficulty level.[/quote]

Really? I got him on the first try... Maybe I lucked out. He did have me low on health, though, but for some reason I must have waggled the nunchuck just right, and grappled him very early on. I also lucked out with a nice sustain of Phazon as well (he'd jump just when I'd get low, and as he would perform his lengthy animations, I'd recharge enough to give me leverage...

Ghor
, yeah, he killed me twice. Second time I died from my own stupidity.

[quote name='The Crotch'] That's widely regarded as the hardest boss, though I still think that the aforementioned frog was a lot harder. I vaguely recall Dmaul almost giving up the game because it took him something like ten tries to beat Mr. Ihavetoomanyconsonantsinmyname.[/quote]

I loved that guy.
It took me a little while to work out the mechanics for the red sphere on his back, but the third time, I made sure to take out both shoulders out first. Then, I took out the back one, since the belly is quite easy to damage. The best thing I liked about the boss is that you had to wait for a while for him to throw his large-ass "hand" things at you for you to shoot down and get health. I thought that the survival game (where you keep the last orb damaged until you get enough phazon to safely inject yourself and still have a couple of energy tanks left) was both exciting and fun.
Then again, I think I'm a confirmed masochist after loving Space Quest III and Gobliiins Series...

[quote name='The Crotch']Actually, a lot of people recommend you not go there until the end of the game, as that's the only time it's necessary. The fights that you start getting after you enter a certain room just become too much of a pain.[/quote]

I spent way too long there going "THERE MUST BE ANOTHER ONE OF THE YOU KNOW WHAT!" Nope, you have to leave and come back. That's rather unfortunate. The first fifteen minutes (before I started to feel locked out of the rest of it, and feeling kind of cheated) of exploration, including the gruesome details regarding the corpses of the crew - brilliant, but I wish they'd save that for the last, so I wouldn't have to break away from the experience.

It's cool, though, the
Sky City
Temple Area is a lovely environement. I really wish I had more time to play - school is drawing to an end, and there's a lot of stuff I need to complete in the next two weeks, and it's all "projects" - I miss papers at this point.

[quote name='MarioColbert']I really wish I had more time to play - school is drawing to an end, and there's a lot of stuff I need to complete in the next two weeks, and it's all "projects" - I miss papers at this point.[/quote]

Ugh, I know the feeling. I have so much shit going on in the next two weeks I have absolutely no time for myself. I hate it when school takes a dump on one like this.

[quote name='Squall835']Ugh, I know the feeling. I have so much shit going on in the next two weeks I have absolutely no time for myself. I hate it when school takes a dump on one like this.[/quote]

Ah, we are all in the same boat. Sad.

[quote name='Doomed']Careful.[/quote]God fucking dammit! Well, at least I didn't try to cover it with a
Blahblahblah[/quote] as I so often do.

Also, go back a few threads - spoiler tags were pretty much nonexistent with regards to the bosses. I mean, it's pretty obvious after a few hours of play what's going on, but still.

I may be having a problem...

I am at the entrance to Zipline Station Delta inside the Eastern SkyTown on Elysia, and I'm on the bottom platform entrance. I have jumped across the chasm, hoping to explore the environment.

I can not get back to the Concourse Access A and the rest of the area. I do not have the gun that allows you to shoot multiple targets at once (whatever that may be) and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to make it back over the chasm.

There is a save point that I was too quick to use inside the Transit Tube A. I can not access Transit Tube B since the pathway requires me to "blast all the targets at once."

Am I stuck to the point of no return?

How did you get over the chasm in the first place? I do not know the names of any of the areas, so I won't be able to help until I look at my map.

I got it, thanks, nevermind.

I was just a bit, uh, WORRIED, since I -barely- made it over the chasm, and I was afraid I wasn't supposed to be there until later. :]

Well, that's a relief. I'd drop the game if it made me replay the first part again.

Careful - there's a potentially game ending glitch later on that could fuck you up if you save in the wrong spot. I don't recall what or where it is, but you'd best look it up. Something about an elevator that doesn't move.

[quote name='The Crotch']Careful - there's a potentially game ending glitch later on that could fuck you up if you save in the wrong spot. I don't recall what or where it is, but you'd best look it up. Something about an elevator that doesn't move.[/quote]

There was ONE such elevator that doesn't move... but I'm done with it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Man, I just made it to
The Space Pirate Homeworld
. It is partially difficult to stop playing to do something that I've wanted to do for a while. Yes, it's difficult to make myself stop playing a GAME in order to work on something that I -really- wanted to work on.

Finally had the time to sit down and polish this game off. Very fun, but for some reason it was a little difficult to go back to after a 2 week break. Not sure if I want to go back to collect everything though, missile expansions just aren't that exciting. Though I might go back for the last two energy tanks.

Also, I had no issues with the last item collection area. In fact you dont even need all of them to progress. I just chose what seemed to be the path that would lead me the furthest and only needed 5/6 cells I had.

Oh, I still have friend vouchers if anyone wants to trade.

Okay, let me just be direct here. I don't feel like collecting stuff...

It feels like I have very little left... But I don't know. I'll make the rounds through the old areas, I guess, but I'm not going for 100% on this one. That's the part of Metroid Games that I never really cared for.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Okay, let me just be direct here. I don't feel like collecting stuff...

It feels like I have very little left... But I don't know. I'll make the rounds through the old areas, I guess, but I'm not going for 100% on this one. That's the part of Metroid Games that I never really cared for.[/QUOTE]

Same with me... I'm happy to look around in an area for anything I missed if I have to backtrack but I don't like going through the whole game just to get 100%. I'm usually happy with 80% or so.

anybody here have a PAL version of metroid? (europe)
I need green credits, but it tells me if I use 'em on NTSC versions (japan and USA) I will lose my vouchers. PM me if you are interested

[quote name='CombatCraig']Hey is anybody still playing this at the moment? I need to exchange some green vouchers[/quote]

I am you can add me. Il add you in a bit.

I'm still working on this one myself I'm about 85% maybe a little more complete. Debating on going 100 percent pickups on this one since I've gotten close to 90 of them so far.

I have to go back to this someday and beat it on Hyper Mode. All I have to do is finish the final area and I'm done. But I won't have enough yellow credits for vouchers >_

This isn't the kind of game I see myself going through multiple times especially not on something like hypermode. Once is enough I've had enough of repeating games multiple times on different difficulties from Halo (legendary on Halo 3 just sucked hard).

I didnt replay any parts of this game either. I tried to be thorough in my first playthrough, and got most things I saw. At the end of the game I think I was around 75% which was pretty bad IMO.

Oh well, it was a great game adn the end of an era. I will surely miss metroid primes. I wonder where they'll go with Samus next (after smash brawl of course)???

Is it me or is this one far easier than its predecessors. I just remember the bosses getting so ridiculously complicated just to damage in MP1 that I finally lost all interest in playing it and I haven't had that really happen in this one yet.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Is it me or is this one far easier than its predecessors. I just remember the bosses getting so ridiculously complicated just to damage in MP1 that I finally lost all interest in playing it and I haven't had that really happen in this one yet.[/QUOTE]

Yep, much easier. One of the reasons I like it the most of the 3. It was a great idea to have two difficulty levels available at the start.

Regular was just right for me, and you have Veteran (and then Hyper) for the people who are better and/or just love hard games.

Hyper Mode is surprisingly not-hard. The only bit I've noticed that's much harder is the Seed guardian on
the Pirate homeworld
fucker didn't even challenge me on Veteran, but he beat me on my first try of Hyper.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hyper Mode is surprisingly not-hard. The only bit I've noticed that's much harder is the Seed guardian on
the Pirate homeworld
fucker didn't even challenge me on Veteran, but he beat me on my first try of Hyper.[/quote]

I've died a few times fighting various bosses getting use to how they move and such but honestly if its not really any harder why are the modes even there? Does it take more shots to kill something or are there more enemies at least?

Enemies take and probably do more damage.

Especially Ridley.

The difficulty depends almost entirely on how good you are at abusing Hyper and Corruption Mode for all that they're worth.

anyone willing to trade friend vouchers? I just got the game and I've got 6 and would prefer to trade with a CAG. post your friend code so I can add you...

mine's:

1011 3170 7161 7883

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone willing to trade friend vouchers? I just got the game and I've got 6 and would prefer to trade with a CAG. post your friend code so I can add you...

mine's:

1011 3170 7161 7883[/quote]
i'd be willing to. I got tons. Haven't traded with anyone yet.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm willing to do do so... I have a few. I'll add you later today.[/quote]

I'm adding you now. Throw me as many as you want, and I will return the same amount to you.

Thanks!

I sent you four back.

Which means, I still have eight. Looking to trade for them as soon as I possibly can, because I'm nearly done with the game! (That, and I am headed back to my apartment here in a couple days, which drastically cuts down my game time.)

bread's done
Back