Metroid Prime Gamecube Bundle on clearance at Sears!! YMMV!!!!!!

GundNataku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just picked up 2 Metroid Prime Gamecube bundles at my local Sears store for only $49.98 each plus tax. They had a pink ticket in them for $99.97. But when they scanned it, it came up $49.98.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='spin03']IT IS A FAKE. I REPEAT THE RECIEPT IS A FAKE. GO TO SEARS STORELOCATER, AND THEN TYPE IN THE THE ZIP CODE FROM THE GUYS RECIEPT. THE ZIP CODE 02173 IS IN MASSACHUSETTES, NOT NEW YORK.

http://www.sears.com/sr/storelocato...nv=www.sears.com&adCell=P1&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

TRY IT YOURSELF. IT WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. WOW THIS REALLY SUCKS.[/quote]

Hmm.... There is a Wilton Mall in Syracuse NY with a Sears. But their zip is 12866.

And wouldn;'t it be, Saratoga Springs, NY not Wilton Mall.

http://www.wiltonmall.com/[/quote]

there is no place in new york where the zip code starts with a 0, so there for it must be fake

that's really wack. for real. to take the time out and do that is wack, for real. did i say it's wack, for real? cause it is.

That 02173 is the store number, not the zip code look at the middle of the receipt

it says store with that same number under it

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That 02173 is the store number, not the zip code look at the middle of the receipt

it says store with that same number under it[/quote]

Thant makes sense. It's the store in that mall and that store number.

It did scan for $99.99 for me as well, I told the cashier I heard it was $49.99 and he said there was no way that it was since it included the game. I didn't expect to find it though because it was the same store that had the PS1 LCD Combos for $80 when they were $40 at other stores.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That 02173 is the store number, not the zip code look at the middle of the receipt

it says store with that same number under it[/quote]

yep. I just checked a sears receipt (Lincoln Park, MI.) from a purchase I made yesterday and the store # is 01250.

I didn't see any of the Metroid boxes when I was there either. :(

It's TRUE! I just bought one from SEARS at Quail Spring, Oklahoma for at total of $54.17. YOU MUST GO TO SEARS AND LET THEM SCANED, because the box has a $99 sticker.

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='spin03']IT IS A FAKE. I REPEAT THE RECIEPT IS A FAKE. GO TO SEARS STORELOCATER, AND THEN TYPE IN THE THE ZIP CODE FROM THE GUYS RECIEPT. THE ZIP CODE 02173 IS IN MASSACHUSETTES, NOT NEW YORK.

http://www.sears.com/sr/storelocato...nv=www.sears.com&adCell=P1&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

TRY IT YOURSELF. IT WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. WOW THIS REALLY SUCKS.[/quote]

Hmm.... There is a Wilton Mall in Syracuse NY with a Sears. But their zip is 12866.

And wouldn;'t it be, Saratoga Springs, NY not Wilton Mall.

http://www.wiltonmall.com/[/quote]

there is no place in new york where the zip code starts with a 0, so there for it must be fake[/quote]

Way to make an ass out of yourself. These witch hunts have got to stop. Please calm the shaq-fu down before coming up with your conspiracy theories.

Hey... it's possible. The PS2 Hard drive (with FF XII, of course) is marked down to 69.99 here. I believe that it had a pink tag, so I might go check it out tomorrow while I'm on my lunch break.

[quote name='punqsux']as often is the case, the neigh-sayers get owned :lol:[/quote]

Owned? not hardly, youll have to excuse me if im a litle cautious of people with little or new post activity comming out of the woodworks with YMMV deals all over the place.

Anyone else find it strange that the only people who got on this deal are all newbiews with less then 40 feedback, 2 with less then 4. Nobody who's know around this site got in on it and for God's sake why did he block out the phone number on the receipt, use your brains people!

This looks legit to me. His recipt is exactly the same way. Lists the mall and the store number.

This is probably legit. Just gotta find a Sears selling it for $50. And has it in stock.

Let me put it this way, if you really want a gamecube, and you have a sears nearby, do you want to take a chance you could miss out on one for $50?

[quote name='toolao']It's TRUE! I just bought one from SEARS at Quail Spring, Oklahoma for at total of $54.17. YOU MUST GO TO SEARS AND LET THEM SCANED, because the box has a $99 sticker.[/quote]

dude scanned mine and it came up 99.99.

anyone take a copy of the reciept?

[quote name='GundNataku']Here is a link to a copy of my receipt. I don't know how to insert the picture in a post.

Cheap ass link[/quote]
did that say Appleton, WI? did they have any more left?

[quote name='seppuku'][quote name='GundNataku']Here is a link to a copy of my receipt. I don't know how to insert the picture in a post.

Cheap ass link[/quote]
did that say Appleton, WI? did they have any more left?[/quote]

Yes, Appleton, WI at the Fox River Mall. I got the only 2 they had.

I know about 5 Sears in the Chicago area have the bundle (The other 5 stores I called do not have any), but none are selling it for 50% off. It scans at $99.

Wow, thanks for all the name-calling, people. Real nice way to treat a guy trying to help - not even by posting a deal, but confirming it.

First of all, the people typing in the store number as the zip code are idiots. The Wilton Mall is in Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 - use the Sears.com store locator to find all the stores near 12866. Here's the info - you're more than welcome to call them.

Sears Mall Store
3065 ROUTE 50
WILTON MALL
SARATOGA SPGS, NY 12866
(518)583-8500

You can call the Wilton Mall Customer Service desk if you'd like, too. here ya go: (518) 581-5999 - Ask 'em if they have a Sears in their fictional little mall, why don't you?

Second of all, why would I bother to take the time to fake a receipt on a deal that I didn't even post? It doesn't make sense. I like all the jerks pissed off about the fact that I'm "unreliable" because I only have a couple posts... would you prefer I spam my way to 1,000 so that I can seem "trustworthy?" I lurk here - I've been doing it for ages. I rarely find deals on my own, so there's not much I can do to post. Lurking isn't a crime, but false accusations ought to be.

Finally, I have the box right here to prove it. I even put it on the Sears bag to prove that it's the same one I bought today. If this isn't proof enough for you, tough luck. Don't take the fact that YMMV on this deal out on me and try to slander my reputation here before it can even begin. Thanks for nothing.

50dollargcn_for_doubters.jpg

EDIT: There, I even added a little extra personalization to prove that's my Metroid Bundle.

Just came back from my local Sears in Bellevue, WA. The scan showed as $99, but the sales dude said that they had a stack of 'em "in the back", possibly due to be rolled out for the "6 to 11" sale on Friday.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Anyone else find it strange that the only people who got on this deal are all newbiews with less then 40 feedback, 2 with less then 4. Nobody who's know around this site got in on it and for God's sake why did he block out the phone number on the receipt, use your brains people![/quote]

Oh, and for the record, the only things I blanked out on my receipt were the Salescheck # and the Credit Card Acct# and Auth Code. I've never posted a sales receipt in a thread like this before and I was paranoid. I have no idea what info could allow people to get my Credit Card number. I provided the Wilton Mall and the Sears' telephone numbers in my post above. Call 'em if you want to. Just don't expect them to have any Metroid bundles left in stock - I got the last one. though I bet if you gave them the item number from the receipt or something, they could tell you what the price in their system is.

EDIT: Fixing typos I made because I typed this up fast.

Oh, and here's one more piece of evidence since SadieDee thinks I'm apparently a PhotoShop genius...

because_scans_dont_count.jpg

Here's a photograph of the same receipt. This time, i just blacked out the Acct #, Auth Code and Salescheck number in black, since my pixelation job caused some conspiracy theories the last time around. As you can see, it's the exact same receipt, but obviously not PhotoShopped.

As for your theories from before, SadieDee - they're flawed. Yes, turning up the brightness and contrast made boxes around the text and logos. But had they been copied and pasted like you theorized, the boxes around the logos would all be the same size and shape, since they would have come from the same source element. These, as you'll notice, were all different dimensions - the box was created around the outer points of the logo. It's a artifact from the "enhancement" you did, not a result of being cobbled together in PhotoShop.

[quote name='TheJerkle']Wow, thanks for all the name-calling, people. Real nice way to treat a guy trying to help - not even by posting a deal, but confirming it.

First of all, the people typing in the store number as the zip code are idiots. The Wilton Mall is in Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 - use the Sears.com store locator to find all the stores near 12866. Here's the info - you're more than welcome to call them.

Sears Mall Store
3065 ROUTE 50
WILTON MALL
SARATOGA SPGS, NY 12866
(518)583-8500

You can call the Wilton Mall Customer Service desk if you'd like, too. here ya go: (518) 581-5999 - Ask 'em if they have a Sears in their fictional little mall, why don't you?

Second of all, why would I bother to take the time to fake a receipt on a deal that I didn't even post? It doesn't make sense. I like all the jerks pissed off about the fact that I'm "unreliable" because I only have a couple posts... would you prefer I spam my way to 1,000 so that I can seem "trustworthy?" I lurk here - I've been doing it for ages. I rarely find deals on my own, so there's not much I can do to post. Lurking isn't a crime, but false accusations ought to be.

Finally, I have the box right here to prove it. I even put it on the Sears bag to prove that it's the same one I bought today. If this isn't proof enough for you, tough luck. Don't take the fact that YMMV on this deal out on me and try to slander my reputation here before it can even begin. Thanks for nothing.

50dollargcn_for_doubters.jpg

EDIT: There, I even added a little extra personalization to prove that's my Metroid Bundle.[/quote]

i refuse to believe until i you come and beat me in the face with the cube. this is mega YMMV then since i had one scanned and so did others. call my sears for me and ask them what the uff is going down...

i refuse to believe until i you come and beat me in the face with the cube. this is mega YMMV then since i had one scanned and so did others. call my sears for me and ask them what the uff is going down...

:rofl:

TheJerkle, can you scan receipt closer ? I don't see the price. Have some vision problems.

What a LLLLLIAR! :roll:

Some newbie tries to post a deal and is called a liar. Typical....And half the people ripping, I've never seen them post deals anyway.

wlau - there's an example of a great poster with low post count. Just because not everyone can get in on the deal doesn't make it worthless people.....

Sheesh... I can see what the slacker was talking about. Jebus...

[quote name='TheJerkle']Oh, and here's one more piece of evidence since SadieDee thinks I'm apparently a PhotoShop genius...

because_scans_dont_count.jpg

Here's a photograph of the same receipt. This time, i just blacked out the Acct #, Auth Code and Salescheck number in black, since my pixelation job caused some conspiracy theories the last time around. As you can see, it's the exact same receipt, but obviously not PhotoShopped.

As for your theories from before, SadieDee - they're flawed. Yes, turning up the brightness and contrast made boxes around the text and logos. But had they been copied and pasted like you theorized, the boxes around the logos would all be the same size and shape, since they would have come from the same source element. These, as you'll notice, were all different dimensions - the box was created around the outer points of the logo. It's a artifact from the "enhancement" you did, not a result of being cobbled together in PhotoShop.[/quote]

Looks like yet another Sears YMMV deal. Amazing how much ppl will bitch when someone else gets something they can't. I'm the one who picked up the original PSOne/LCD combo earlier this year for $30 brand new at Sears, and I was appalled by the number of negative responses when no one else was able to get in on it. Cheers to you for posting the deal TheJerkle, I hope someone else is able to find one for that price. If not, just be happy w/ your purchase and ignore all the whining CAGers.

I think GameCrazy is about to do something with their metroid bundles.. they have a TON left over..

I told them they should bump it from 99 to 129.99 and throw in a copy of Prime 2.. the guy seemed to like the idea.. here's to hoping for a GC exclusive bundle! lol

Im not bitching at anyone for posting a major YMMV deal. Congrats he got in on it, but ill take each deal of that calibre as too good to be true till proof of reciept is shown.

[quote name='Joe Fongul'][quote name='zoopie']Happy hunting guys...

My receipt (includes first party memory card and controller)[/quote]

A first party controller for $12.48?!? Sign me up![/quote]

[quote name='FOnewearl']I saw these GameCube accessories at My Sears yesterday pink tagged

GameCube Wave Bird (regular gray color) - $15 after 50% off
GameCube 1st Party Controller (Spice was the name of the color it was bright orange) $12.50 after 50% off

I also saw a Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter that was $10 after 50% off

I tough these would be worth mentioning since the sear clearance stuff as been abit less YMMV lately :)[/quote]

WaveBird Controller is a sweet deal at that price if your sears has them also might be worth checking the price as for $2.50 more most ppl would probably go with the WaveBird I'd think :)

[quote name='Scorch']I think GameCrazy is about to do something with their metroid bundles.. they have a TON left over..

I told them they should bump it from 99 to 129.99 and throw in a copy of Prime 2.. the guy seemed to like the idea.. here's to hoping for a GC exclusive bundle! lol[/quote]

That's a pretty smart idea. Would it force you to buy one? :)

I'm hoping that one of my Sears has some on clearance cause this will more than likely be my Christmas present. BTW if they don't have Cubes on clearance would it be worth trying to print out one of the rescripts posted and see if maybe they could give it to me for that price shown on the rescript or should I not even try it?

[quote name='ramprider0']I'm hoping that one of my Sears has some on clearance cause this will more than likely be my Christmas present. BTW if they don't have Cubes on clearance would it be worth trying to print out one of the rescripts posted and see if maybe they could give it to me for that price shown on the rescript or should I not even try it?[/quote]

i was wondering this too, but i dont know the effect it would have. until this entire site comes and gives me paper cuts with thier reciepts and beats me in the face with the half off gamecube, i refuse to believe it.

no really, i dont think it's about bitching or whiney cagers, im not pissed i didnt get one, i have one, but it woudl be a good gift for my niece since she woudl think this was pretty effing cool.

someone answer this reciept thing if its ever worked for you, regardless of store. i already missed my first class, ill mix my next two.

Checked out 3 Sears in Upstate NY Middletown, Poughkeepsie and Newburgh. Only Poughkeepsie didnt have them in stock, the other 2 I had them rung up and both came to 99.99

GL to anyone that has this going on at their Sears cause this is huge YMMV

The local Sears closest to me quit selling Nintendo products after they put all of their Nintendo 64 games on clearance.

bread's done
Back