MGS 3 subsistence + SAGA DVD for 29.99 at gamestop.com!!

man, I hate this. Just when I finally picked the game up, due to the fact that I couldnt find that bonus DVD nor the LE, this has to come back to haunt me. Sigh..
but, thanks OP for the post. I need to go weep a little bit.

Offer good while supplies last.
I bet you never get the Saga DVD.

This same thing happened with DDS2. They had it posted with the soundtrack for months, yet no one could get the soundtrack from them soon after the release.

[quote name='b3b0p']I bet you never get the Saga DVD.

This same thing happened with DDS2. They had it posted with the soundtrack for months, yet no one could get the soundtrack from them soon after the release.[/quote]

they probably still have some left, thats why they changed the stats back to in stock. who knows wat will happen and it doesn't hurt to try if you dont have a MGS 3 subsistence and are looking for one ^^.

Awesome find, OP. I was able to somehow find 2 LE's at my local GC without preordering, but they didn't come with the Saga DVD. Now I can have 2 complete sets.

I'm sure they have more Saga discs because the order I placed for the LE shows Saga discs in stock, but the Subsistence LE is on backorder.

Problem is if you don't get the Saga disc shipped, you can't return the game to a retail store.

Damn, Gamestop.com is so retarded. I'm still pissed I didn't get the LE I ordered.

[quote name='OGHowie']
Problem is if you don't get the Saga disc shipped, you can't return the game to a retail store.
.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

I got Suikoden V with the art book, and just returned Suikoden V without the art book last night with no problem.

[quote name='Roufuss']What do you mean?

I got Suikoden V with the art book, and just returned Suikoden V without the art book last night with no problem.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing on the packing invoice from my online orders that you cannot return the games to a retail store if you get them from the .com. Or am I wrong?

[quote name='OGHowie']I remember seeing on the packing invoice from my online orders that you cannot return the games to a retail store if you get them from the .com. Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

It has recently just changed, I believe.

They had no problem returning the game from the .com, and I had asked a different GS earlier if it was possible now and they said yes, just need the order invoice to do it.

[quote name='b3b0p']I bet you never get the Saga DVD. [/QUOTE]
I preordered Shadow Hearts: New World because it came with the preorder bonus of the original Shadow Hearts game. Of course, the bonus game didn't come. When I called customer service, their response was, "Sorry, but we ran out of those. To make it up to you, I can give you a free shipping code for your next order."

[quote name='oremites']I preordered Shadow Hearts: New World because it came with the preorder bonus of the original Shadow Hearts game. Of course, the bonus game didn't come. When I called customer service, their response was, "Sorry, but we ran out of those. To make it up to you, I can give you a free shipping code for your next order."[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I guess I was very lucky because when I called about not getting the first SH game, they sent me one. Of course it says promotional copy on it, but its the whole game.

[quote name='oremites']I preordered Shadow Hearts: New World because it came with the preorder bonus of the original Shadow Hearts game. Of course, the bonus game didn't come. When I called customer service, their response was, "Sorry, but we ran out of those. To make it up to you, I can give you a free shipping code for your next order."[/QUOTE]

I hope you returned it for a full refund.

one time i returned my Feel the Magic in store. the guy said i couldnt return it without ur credit card. he says i need my credit card in order to get FtM returned. i told them the other time i returned something and they gave me store credit on a card. then they let me returned it and gave me store credit on the EB games card.

I wouldn't trust this based on my past experience with gamestop.

Like many, I ordered guitar hero w/guitar from them back in January. It took 3 weeks to show up, and when it did it was game only. So I sent it back, and after 2 weeks I called them to make sure it had come in, at which point they said it had, and would be 3-5 business days before it got credited to my bank account. But according to them 3-5 business days means 3 weeks. So I placed my order on 1/20, and didn't get my money back until 3/13, and get this; they STILL didn't refund me for the original shipping cost. I called them on it, and apparently I'll be recieving my $3 back in "3-5 business days." I highly doubt I'd ever order from gamestop.com after that whole fiasco again.

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']dont know if its a repost, but gamestop now have MGS 3 Subsistence with the saga dvd for 29.99. if anyone still want to get a copy of the saga dvd, this will be the best deal i suppose. if anyone wants to get the MGS 3 for free he/she can just sell the DVD on ebay for about 30 bucks.

[/QUOTE]

I just sold my copy on ebay, but it only went for 7$. I guess it pays to actually put a picture up and dress up your auctions a little more. But 7$ for a free item is still allright.

[quote name='Indiana']I hope you returned it for a full refund.[/QUOTE]
I was very tempted to just cut my losses and keep the game, but I ended up sending it back yesterday. I'm afraid it's going to turn into some drawn-out ordeal getting my refund. We'll have to see.

[quote name='chewster777']Well then should we buy this from ebgames.com? Or are they going to have the same kind of problems as mentioned of gamestop.com?[/quote]

same kind gamestop controls their website now

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I wouldn't trust this based on my past experience with gamestop.

Like many, I ordered guitar hero w/guitar from them back in January. It took 3 weeks to show up, and when it did it was game only. So I sent it back, and after 2 weeks I called them to make sure it had come in, at which point they said it had, and would be 3-5 business days before it got credited to my bank account. But according to them 3-5 business days means 3 weeks. So I placed my order on 1/20, and didn't get my money back until 3/13, and get this; they STILL didn't refund me for the original shipping cost. I called them on it, and apparently I'll be recieving my $3 back in "3-5 business days." I highly doubt I'd ever order from gamestop.com after that whole fiasco again.[/QUOTE]

even though I've only ordered online from GS a few times, that sounds very much like Gamestop in general...

You know, I really want this, but I'm just not even going to bother. After all the Guitar Hero and MGS3:S LE horror stories, and my own experiences with getting my promo Shadow Hearts, I just don't feel like putting myself in harm's way with Gamestop any more.

[quote name='OGHowie']I'm sure they have more Saga discs because the order I placed for the LE shows Saga discs in stock, but the Subsistence LE is on backorder.

Damn, Gamestop.com is so retarded. I'm still pissed I didn't get the LE I ordered.[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1791657#post1791657

a bunch of us didn't get the LE that we preordered. Bastards.

I thought I saw the Subsistance + Bonus on their website since the time of preordering. Perhaps they never bother to modify the page even if they ran out of the Saga disc because of the fine print "while supply lasts".

Also, I saw SMT: DDS2 + sountrack bonus on their website but it doesn't mean you will get the soundtrack when you order now :speaktothehand:

[quote name='chewster777']Well then should we buy this from ebgames.com? Or are they going to have the same kind of problems as mentioned of gamestop.com?[/QUOTE]

they're the same site now

I probably shouldn't do this, but last week I walked into a GameCrazy... asked for MGS3: Subsistence, after being hounded about buying a used copy (already had one), I said heck might as well ask if they have a Limited Edition, and sure enough the guy busted out a copy with the Saga DVD... said he pre-ordered it, but changed his mind.

And yes I consider myself one lucky SOB.

Hm. I might order this...

If I don't get the bonus though, I'm going to raise hell. I got screwed over on the LE and now there's probably no other way of getting the LE or the bonus.

Might as well try...

Offer good while supplies last.

it's not guaranteed that you will receive the bonus. most likely you wont receive it, unless konami just produced more copies. unlikely i bet

I seriously doubt that anyone who orders that now will not get the SAGA DVD as it was only a pre-order bonus and the fact that many people didn't even get a saga dvd with there pre-orders. Gamestop.com has become very shady retailer when it comes to fulfilling pre-order bonuses. Your more than likely to get screwed one way or the other. If you bitch and moan, all your gonna get is a big fat free shipping coupon, which we all already know the code too.

AFAIK those Saga DVDs are made in Japan and are also part of the bonus for the Japanese Subsistence LE. Japanese companies usually do not make more of their LE / bonus merchandise because of demands.

Good luck if if you think Konami America would make more copies to fill the demands ;)

I lucked out and received my Sagas DVD from Gamestop.com. I added it to my Tradelist in case anyone is interested in trading for something, I'm not as into Metal Gear as I used to be so I see no reason to keep it.

I decided I would call before placing my order and the CS rep assured me I would get the DVD as they had plenty in stock when I ordered. We'll see.

[quote name='rarebucky']I decided I would call before placing my order and the CS rep assured me I would get the DVD as they had plenty in stock when I ordered. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Just remember to get a name anytime you do that, otherwise if you don't get it and call them again they will deny ever having made such a claim. Yes, they've done that before.

[quote name='rarebucky']I decided I would call before placing my order and the CS rep assured me I would get the DVD as they had plenty in stock when I ordered. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

No wonder I never got one in-store for my pre-order. =(

Oh well, I'd better get one this time!

[quote name='evo t rex']I did the same thing. Just remember to get a name anytime you do that, otherwise if you don't get it and call them again they will deny ever having made such a claim. Yes, they've done that before.[/quote]

Tons of company do that. I bet you when you call gamestop and ask them they say that just because its on their website and there CSR's are clueless as to whether they really have it or not.

So I can get this online and return the game at the store right?

Heh, I found my BB reciept, I'll just take the GS copy to BB when it arrives and keep the sagas disc.

it shipped.
hopefully, i'll get saga.

i'm still hoping that konami will release more of the LE
if not, gamequestdirect, you know what to do

Im wondering how many LE's did konami make for the US because i can still can get an Japanese LE buts its impossible to find a LE if it isn't Ebay

bread's done
Back