MGS: Essential Collection

afterburn999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I dunno if this topic belongs here but....

Is anyone able to preorder this yet at ebgame ? I went to Scarborough towncentre ebgames and they told me its not in their computer. Its weird because it comes out this month.

I got mine preordered at play-asia. They have it for $34.90 plus $4.00 shipping. It's not too bad if you use a coupon. I believe US MSRP is $29.99, and I don't expect Canadian MSRP would be on par. The only downside will be waiting time, and maybe custom/tax.

[quote name='danthemightyone']I got mine preordered at play-asia. They have it for $34.90 plus $4.00 shipping. It's not too bad if you use a coupon. I believe US MSRP is $29.99, and I don't expect Canadian MSRP would be on par. The only downside will be waiting time, and maybe custom/tax.[/quote]

Canadians now get the same price on video games as Americans

Your best bet is to pick it up from eStarland. 27.99 + 4.00 shipping, ends up being cheaper because theres no tax and you don't get the retarded bilingual packaging

And people here thought I was parinoid for thinking their might be a problem with this game coming to Canada becuse it's not listed by Amazon.ca

Urg I hope Ebgames will have it listed by sunday since I have an extra $10 then I need on brawl that I'd love to place on this game

Ask them to search carefully for it since that's what I did today at the Oakville Towncenter ebgames and they found it.

$30 beats ordering it online for more anyday.

What's with videogamesplus bumping the prices up anyways? I noticed the same thing with Persona 3 FES, 35 plus shipping.

I realllly wish that Amazon.ca wasn't in the stone age compared to Amazon.com. Both games can be preordered there with free shipping (if you're in the US, of course).

[quote name='MrGone']What's with videogamesplus bumping the prices up anyways? I noticed the same thing with Persona 3 FES, 35 plus shipping.

I realllly wish that Amazon.ca wasn't in the stone age compared to Amazon.com. Both games can be preordered there with free shipping (if you're in the US, of course).[/quote]

videogamesplus is really meant more for importers than people in North America. Their prices + shipping + service is always held in high regard from people in the UK.

Ahh, that makes a little more sense then. I'm in a kind of a similar situation as the importers too, without a dedicating gaming store within 300 km or so. Relying on Future Shop sucks when most games don't even show up in their system until they have stock.

EB in Southgate, Edmonton AB, didn't have it under their computer. I don't know if the monkey knew what he was looking for though.

I might just go through P-A since I really want this one and don't want to miss out on sweet collector stuff -- like I did with Subsistence ltd edition since fsckin Canada didn't get it... has anyone seen how much that goes for on ebay?!

[quote name='Rocky071']EB in Southgate, Edmonton AB, didn't have it under their computer. I don't know if the monkey knew what he was looking for though.

I might just go through P-A since I really want this one and don't want to miss out on sweet collector stuff -- like I did with Subsistence ltd edition since fsckin Canada didn't get it... has anyone seen how much that goes for on ebay?![/quote]

eStarland is cheaper than P-A and you'll get it quicker.

[quote name='chrisryans']eStarland is cheaper than P-A and you'll get it quicker.[/quote]
Oh nice. Thanks for the heads up :D

I pre-ordered Super Smash Brawl a year ago through the trade 3 and the clerk gave me $69.99 credit towards it since it didn't have a price in the database at that time.

I put the refund balance towards MGS Essential collection, although I have all 3 games that the collection comes with, therefore, I might switch to something else.

It says "METAL GEAR SPECIA

About time is right!
I have a $5 off coupon for Best Buy though so I'll try and get it there. Also unless you have a PS3 make sure you have a PS1 memory card if you want to play the first game Metal Gear Solid.

I was just there and pre-ordered it just in case Best Buy doesn't get it at least I have a copy reserved. There is a number beside the reserve title I don't know if the number will help the employees find it for you but here it is: 6126429 Metal Gear Specia

Its on their computers for sure...

specifically tell them "METAL GEAR SOLID FOR PS2!"

If they still can't find it, smack them in the face!

[quote name='gamer602']u know u can always cancel and get cash back from eb.[/quote]

Yea but i know my self and when ever i get cash back i always waste it on something stupid.

Not yet. News from the Neogaf forums says some US shops are getting it today. EB will call me anyway, and Best Buy I can check their online stock easily.

Nice pics here.

I went to EB games today at around 3 and they told me they wont have it till friday. Is the mall even open Friday ??

I hate to say it but it seems Canadians were once again hit by the dreaded French manual. This blows

[quote name='afterburn999']I went to EB games today at around 3 and they told me they wont have it till friday. Is the mall even open Friday ??

I hate to say it but it seems Canadians were once again hit by the dreaded French manual. This blows[/quote]

I went yesterday to the one at the Oakville Town Center and they still didn't have it in.

Considering that today is good friday I doubt much of anythign is open.

Screw them for not getting it in before a long weekend. I mean it shipped on the 18th so that was plenty of time to have it in by thursday. Talk about pathetic.

[quote name='afterburn999']I went to EB games today at around 3 and they told me they wont have it till friday. Is the mall even open Friday ??

I hate to say it but it seems Canadians were once again hit by the dreaded French manual. This blows[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I hate bi-lingual packaging. Ordered it from Play-Asia instead. They better not send me a bi-lingual package;)

Well, the game is also on eBay for around $33-35 USD w/ shipping (that's for the cheapest copies).

If someone doesn't like it, I'd be glad to buy his copy.

[quote name='afterburn999']This is so gay game was shipped on the 18th and its the 22nd and Ebgames doesnt have it yet.[/quote]

Are you sure they just aren't sold out?

I got my copy... and it is GREAT! :lol:

Rogers Video had one copy when I was there today. Future Shop has them for $26.99 during their 10% off sale a few stores have them showing instore stock, online nothing.

Screw Ebgames for not getting it on time then. I ordered it from futureshop with the pic up from store option to saving on shipping. They won't be open until monday since it's easter but it'll be worth it just to save a few bucks.

I still have to try MGS3. MGS1, is in my top five games of all time. I tried to play through 2 on the xbox, but couldn't stand the controls and camera. I am afraid that if I play MGS1 again, it may ruin the magic... I am told 3 is way better than two (not by reviews, but by friends), so I may have to give this a go.

~S

bread's done
Back